Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?......Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  
John Stinson
(no login)

Re: Specific Response Seven

June 18 2003, 2:50 PM 

I have actually visited Farmer's Branch services (the non-instrumental services) the past month. Never before have I been to a place more full of love and filled with worship.

And the body there is growing!! Not just attritution as church members move from congregation to congregation, but baptizing people who don't know God. God is at work in that church and adding to the number those who are being saved.

I appreciate some of the insight on this website. I haev seen others like this one. However, I have never seen a group of more ineffective ramblings, that claim to be arguments. Most of the posts were so disorganized and confusing (what is up with that crazy font!) that I had a migraine just trying to ascertain what point was intended.

Respond to this message   
Rene
(no login)

Who set up this "Kenneth Sublett" in charge?

June 18 2003, 7:08 PM 

I have been going thru this site and frankly see more bitterness than what it is that a Christian should be known by - love.

Who is this person that set himself up as an 'authority'??

Why would one consider his views over those that actually are within the congregation? At best, his 'information' is second hand - gossip is the word that I would use.

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

Specific Response Seven

June 18 2003, 7:43 PM 

When the Word was spoken the first time Jesus told the Apostles that parables had revealed truth "from the foundation of the world." He said that TRUTH does not belong in the hands specificially of the SACRIFICIAL AND MUSICAL temple staff. Let's see if you can grasp the difference between HUMAN UNTRUTH and what Scripture says. Isaiah 48 shows that God did not intend for the TRUTH to get into the hands of the TRUTH SELLERS.

CREDO:

Farmer's Branch Church of Christ: "The leadership believes that music lifted up in praise to God and His Son is an outpouring from the heart of a person filled with the Holy Spirit.

This offering can be vocal, instrumental or both together.

This conclusion is the result of much prayer and considerable study of the Scriptures on this matter.
====================

Jesus said that the SPIRIT and LIFE was in HIS words which He never delivered musically because He was prophesied to be assaulted by MUSICIANS and crucified.

The concept of a separated HOLY SPIRIT which informs Farmers Branch repudiates the views of all of history including trinitarians. The Restoration Movement was consistent in gagging at the idea of THREE PERSONS. The new HERESY has been popularized by Max Lucado and Rubel Shelly.

Too bad that they don't know that the Levitical "musicians" helped the Priests survive the blood and dung while sacrificing TYPES of Jesus Christ. Isn't it interesting that when the MUSICAL WORSHIP TEAM tried to AID Jesus in doing His Spiritual work, He cast them out more or less violently as one casts out dung. It's true

Jesus never said "I will build my church." He said, "I will build my ekklesia or synagogue." Now the synagogue or "church in the wilderness" was for the instruction of the people. The triumph over was outlawed: It was "playing instruments and making a joyful noise before the Lord." It was not worship but the Warriors Panic song. The Farmer's branch produces panic in the "audience" and may even contribute to premature birth if science is true.

The people's "congregation" was quarantined from the temple where the musical "hard bongage" sacrificed tens of thousands of animals. The warrior Levites "made noise but not music." No singer or player could ever enter into the Holy Place as a carnal type of the church or body of Christ without being executed: even to clean out the garbage.

It was prophesied and fulfilled that Judas and the same warrior musicians would do the same thing to Jesus. But Jesus did not stay SLAIN but entered into Heaven itself as the Most Holy Place to offer His blood. The Holy Place typified the church or SCHOOL OF THE BIBLE while the Most Holy Place typified the THRONE ROOM. Jesus said that worship can ONLY happen in the PLACE of the human SPIRIT or mind. And Paul said that rather than EXTERNAL, CEREMONIAL worship, the circumcised Jews worshiped God IN THE SPIRIT. The Spirit is opposed to the Flesh. IN SPIRIT does not mean enraptured or "standing outside of self."

Romans 15 defines a NON DIVISIVE assembly as one which "glorifies God with one voice" and teaching "that which has been written." Of course, that was written by Christ the Spirit. Romans 10 defines the MUSICAL IDOLATRY at Mount Sinai where they rose up to PLAY. This musical idolatry just after the Covenant of Grace was such a horrible offense that God, then and there according to Stephen, sentenced the nation to captivity and death and the WORSHIP OF THE STARRY HOST. That included the MUSICAL IDOLATRY condemned by Amos 5, 6 and Isaiah 5. Chiun was Saturn whose Chaldee number is 666.

Therefore, it is no surprise that Romans 14 defines a DISCORDED ASSEMBLY where three groups had a charismatic (musical) background. Paul then prescribed a SYNAGOGUE OF CHRIST. Because Christ died to remove the DOCTORS OF THE LAW as the BURDEN LADERS there could be no "spiritual anxiety created by religious rituals." His REST was relief from religious rituals which ignorance imposes on people by PROFESSIONAL Doctors of the Law whom Jesus fired and Paul deprived of a WAGE.

--"WE then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to PLEASE ourselves. Rom 15:1

PLEASE IS: Aresko (g700) ar-es'-ko; prob. from 142 (through the idea of EXCITING EMOTIONS)

Were your EMOTIONS EXCITED? Seems so much that SCRIPTURE has little meaning. That TAKES AWAY that for which Christ died. Did it attract lots of people? Ancient paganism as the ONLY place for musical rituals could show you how to double your attendance within a month. Christianity rests on a SCANDAL and "Christians" will be despised and rejected of men. Were your's applauded?

-----AIRO (g142) ah'ee-ro; a prim. verb; to LIFT; by impl. to take up or AWAY; fig. to RAISE THE VOICE, KEEP IN SUSPENSE the MIND

Did anyone RAISE THEIR VOICE? Jesus didn't. He stood up to read the Bible and then had the uncommon decency to sit down and DIALOG. The word is not PREACH but discuss. There is no role for PREACHERS in a faithful church of Christ: only evangelists. Did you help them BUY theirs. Did you get to be part of the BODY? Thought not.

Did the MUSICIANS (temple sacrificial music) raise their VOICES and their HANDS? Sure. They know that if they are going to MAKE THE CHURCH GROW they are going to have to give you a DRUG HIGH with music. Did they make you FEEL spiritual? Sure, but it is a SCAM. They are mainlining endorphins or natural morphine to give you a DRUG HIGH. Feel good? Did the feeling last. No. They damaged many who went out Monday with a drug hangover. Some evidence indicates that drugs created by the EXCITEMENT and high decivel level and complex harmony can send women to the hospital for a premature birth. Do they care? No. More "audience" means more money.

Jesus came to give REST which is the opposite of what we too often see as worship but it rarely gives us real satisfaction. The laded burden which fits Paul's idea and which Jesus died to remove is the Greek:

Phortizo (g5412) for-tid'-zo; from 5414; to LOAD up.. figurative to OVERBURDEN with CEREMONIAL or SPIRITUAL ANXIETY.

That repudiates Lord Jesus Christ Who himself was AFFLICTED with Warriors Making 'music.'

The Sabath was not a day of worship but of REST. Most pagan religions held their 'worship' on the Sabbath which began in Babylon so that THE GOD'S AGENTS could rest while the congregation paid the Bill. The Lord's Day was practiced because the PAGAN SUN WORSHIPERS would hold their worship on Sunday. Christians could meet on the Lord's Day to keep them away from both the pagan Sabbatarians and the Sun worshipers. Sabbath worship is the prophesied end-time Babylon worship with MUSIC (Re. 18).

You cannot interpret the Bible by attendance, sexual-like FEELINGS or how many you baptized most likely with the Baptist FAITH ONLY baptism which originated in 1525.

It is a fact that MUSIC disables the rational (spiritul) discerning part of the brain and just gulps down any untruth flowing from the musicians singing THEIR OWN songs in violation of a direct command. Sorry, I cannot do 15 second sound bytes: you may need remedial reading.

Ken Sublett

Respond to this message   
John Stinson
(no login)

You've got to me kidding

June 20 2003, 2:02 PM 

"The Farmer's branch produces panic in the "audience" and may even contribute to premature birth if science is true."

That might be one of the most hilarious things I have ever read in my life. You lost all credibility in my mind with that statement.

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

No kidding

June 21 2003, 1:14 PM 

You can begin with fallen Satan dubbed Lucifer (Latin) or Zoe and end in Revelation 18 and you will not find a SHRED of evidence which DOES NOT implicate music with destructive results. What YOU hear is based on your level of addiction which does not give you the kick.

All of the evidence in the Bible and secular contemporary writings saw music as the weapon of Satan to bleed off worship to his agents or his/her self. If you FEEL spiritual as a result of the perfected complex harmony then rest assured that they are rubbing your sensitive spots all over your body. They are HURTING you and peddling it as the HOLY SPIRIT.

http://www.piney.com/MuTimeBrain.html

Too much laughing is also a symptom. Beside you are violating the the practice of Christ and the command of Paul which OUTLAWS the creation of excitement during 'church' worships ONLY to the extent that it "glorifies God with one voice" speaking "that which is written." Church is SYNAGOGUE or school of the bible and the "church in the wilderness" or synagogue outlawed instruments and 'making a joyful noise before the lord' becaus that was the warrior's PANIC practice. I say that the professional music is defeating the purpose for the assembly and hiring a MUSICIAN to "preside over the flock" to teach it silly erotic praise songs is just about terminal. God will get rid of both according to Revelation 18 and the lamb comes with a rod.

I might be wrong but you guys WILL NOT find anything positive to say about music related to comming into God's presence. This is why those who have set out to sow discord either don't speak from the Bible or lie about it. Sure, postmodernism does not see that as wrong.

Ken

Respond to this message   
JD
(no login)

Effect

June 23 2003, 8:39 PM 

kenny, oh your so vain, you probably think this song's....opps, I forget, you think all songs are VAIN.

Do you REALLY think you are having an impact? I think your various ramblings are completely unintelligable...and therefore meaningless.

NO ONE at Farmer's Branch Church is LISTENING. You are at a wailing WALL with no one to WAIL against.

JD

Respond to this message   
Moselle
(no login)

The Contempo-Satanic Worship

June 24 2003, 12:22 AM 

Satanic Worship as follows...

When the music fades, all is stripped away
and I simply come.
Longing just to bring, something that's of worth,
that will bless your heart.

I'll bring you more than a song
because a song in itself, is not what you have required.
You search much deeper within,
through the way things appear,
You're looking into my heart.

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
Because it's all about You
It's all about You, Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it.
It's all about You
It's all about You, Jesus.

------------------------------------------------

This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Your Holy Spirit, living in me.

This is my daily bread
This is my daily bread
Your Blessed Word, spoken for me.

And I
am desperate for you.
And I
am lost without you...

---------------------------------------------

Hungry, I come to You
For I know You satisfy.
I am empty but I know
Your love does not run dry.

So I wait for you
And I wait for you

I'm falling on my knees
offering all of me
Jesus, You're all this heart
Is living for.

Hungry, I run to You
For Your arms are open wide.
I am weary but I know
Your touch restores my life.

So I wait for you
And I wait for you

I'm falling on my knees
offering all of me
Jesus, You're all this heart
Is living for.

If singing and truly meaning these words means that I am not really praising God, then please tell me what is. If having a piano, a couple of guitars, and some other "contemporary" instruments accompanying me while my heart cries out to God through the medium of these songs is of the devil, then I am condemned.

Respond to this message   
David K.
(no login)

Where is the authority in scripture?

July 31 2003, 12:59 PM 

To set up a web site just to correct other Brethren in the Churches in a harsh manner.

Is your speech always full of grace with much patience.
Are are accepting of the brother who's faith is weaker than yourself.

Are you putting your faith in having each little point in the Process correct, because you know if you miss at even one point you are wrong in all points.

Are you speaking the truth in love?

Remembering Christ came to rescue "US" sinners, not the righteous. Have you set up your own righteousness.

Lastly, is all your trust and faith in the One who came for our salvation, or is it also in your church, its pattern and its perfection. Remembering the church is full of forgiven sinners, who's only righteousness is in Christ. Not in ourselves.

Do you, in your heart realize all the righteous acts of "US" men are as "filthy rags" to a Holy Righteous God.

Our full trust must be in the Christ the Son of the living God. On His Cross and Him crucified. Nothing I have done, am doing, or ever will do, will contribute one iota to his finished sacrifice on the Cross for my sins.

Have you accepted this or are you still relying on a religious system as the Pharisees did, but missed out on the one true and living God.

If not TODAY is the day of salvation, and its time to put ALL your trust in HIS finished work.

Respond to this message   
Linda
(no login)

Worship in Spirit and in Truth!

August 24 2003, 10:32 PM 

Moselle,

I took a much needed break from reading the posts on this unbelievable website to spend some time in worship. Those particular songs have led me into a deeper worship over the past year! Don't you look forward to more and more? I am always so amazed at how the writers of these songs can touch my very heart with words that express my own feelings and love for Jesus. I know that He is well pleased when we, with all of our being, offer up words that we really mean every time we sing them!

Respond to this message   
Duane Bull
(no login)

RE: Effect

October 12 2003, 1:10 AM 

I am sorry you feel that no one is listening. I am and I am concerned that we all (Christians) are not as learned as others, myself included. What I see in this and many other posts are two sides. One for "Love", love of the brotherhood, love of strangers, love of the lost. Interesting side note is that a teenager I know mentioned that the Bible is written about a Loving God!!!! Funny I have a hard time reading Joshua and seeing a "God of Love". I know you will all look to I John and see he is a God of Love. True but he is not just a God of Love, he is much more and we have to contend with the otherside of God also,(Heb.10:31).
We miss that God is a God of Destruction as well as Love. Try not to forget everything.
The second is for following scripture and all it contains. Interesting is to say the least. Love or scripture seems to be the split. How so? How can you believe one without the other? How is Love so over powering we forget everything else the NT teaches. How is it possible for Christians on both sides to ignore both teachings?
I consider myself to be well educated in the Bible, I attended ACU, have most of my life attended a conservative church, followed what I believed to be what God wanted from me. I have found some errors in my teaching and in my life.
The church of Christ as I know it is going to die soon. If we weak/strong members do not stand up and say the truth. There are those of the brotherhood that are stronger, more knowledgeable than others. There are those that are intelligent and can glean the meanings of the holy words better than others. Yet we don't stand up and say the truth. Ken is standing up for the truth. He is learned and intelligent and is willing to tell the truth. If you don't want to hear it that is up to you. If you don't want the truth then why are you here, reading and making statements ment to mislead.
I have found his writings to be a bit preachy at times and still learned from them. I understand his frustration at some of you who quibble at him and what he knows is the truth. (II Tim. 2:3-4).
(I Tim. 1:3-10)
Ken is instructing many of us in how to defend our faith against Satan and his attackers no matter where they are or who they are. Ken thank you again for your insights and teachings.
Some may say I am just repeating what I am taught, I am not thinking of my own accord. You know what.... you are quite right. I speak only what I am taught by learned men. Ken is only one of many in my life.
As I have an opportunity to speak:
We (Christians) need to open our eyes to the needs around us. We need to see that many are hurting because we have closed our eyes and ears to their pleas for help.
Matt. 28:19 Tells me to teach all nations. I am a sinner because I do not follow Jesus's command in this area. I am also to blame when my friends fall for scams brought into the church to further the wants and desires of a few men and women.
We, true Christians, the brotherhood, need to stand firm and believe we will overcome.

Thank you for letting me speak.

Duane Bull

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

Re: effect

October 13 2003, 11:20 AM 

I responded yesterday but it must have been a viper which stung it in sending.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I preach because I am raging against myself. You know, they say that you cannot fool an earthworm three times in a row. Guess what! The money grubbers FOR THE LOUURDEEE played PONZI on me three time in a row.

A tip: I post reviewed material in RED. Any commentary I make is in BLACK. Quotations from the Bible or scholars will be in BLUE. This means that you can read the ERROR in red and the solution in BLUE without reading me.

And, I don't do WRITING with "beginnings, endings and middles." As time goes on it gets worse: I add any new material where it seems to fit without lots of dialog.

People should appreciate that I collect the facts and link you to the REAL documents so that you don't have to PROCURE MISQUOTES by modern writers.

Thanks again for Abusing the little fellas about no one reading. The e-mails diminish over time but the readership goes up. I never intentionally fail to link you to the research done by others so that you can find similar research. I plant and then leave and let any increase come from God.

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

in SPIRIT

October 13 2003, 12:21 PM 

Jesus said that the new PLACE for worship to replace the old TEMPLES was the human SPIRIT where it GIVES HEED to the Spirit of Truth. You don't do that with your hands or mouth or pleasure centers.

Paul's unique WORSHIP word means to GIVE HEED to the Word. He said that the Jews NOW worship IN THE SPIRIT and not in the old PLACES. Christians could still attend the synagogue because it was a SCHOOL OF THE BIBLE and not a pagan worship center.

Anyone who proposes, in Max Lucado's words, to PROVIDE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO WORSHIP, simply does not know the meaning of WORSHIP.

There is a major STAR WARS going on and Satan controls most churches so that they CANNOT PARTICIPATE or even know that it will BREAK OUT into hostilities in our VISIBLE world. In fact, the SIGNS are about 100% that the "worship wars" are in effect Armageddon which is a WAR OF WORDS and not a WAR OF THE WORLDS. Paul says that OUT weapons are not LIFELESS INSTRUMENTS OR CARNAL WEAPONS (INSTRUMENTS) The WORD of Christ which is both SPIRIT and LIFE is the offensive and defensive weapons of this warfare. You do know that the HORNS in Revelation are MUSICAL HORNS of PAN who calls everyone to LOOK TO THE HILLS where PAN is the major BILLY GOAT or, as in churches, the Alpha Male.

While those who have chosen human leaders and emotions as their WORSHIP are fiddling while Rome burns. However, God through Himself as Jesus Christ as the POTTER is making up a LITTLE FLOCK of VESSELS so that they can be taken into the Spiritual World which Paul said was not far from us. In fact, we live, move and have our being" right here which can mean nothing other than moving into ANOTHER DIMENSION when we die.

Don't go with the MASSES: Satan is picking out his TEAM to continue to rule the KOSMOS or world but, surprise! it will be burned up. Lucifer came from causing the fall of angels by the use of music: he/she came into the garden of Eden with wind, string and percussion instruments. He makes you FEEL GOOD but that, medically proven, is a DRUG HIGH and the feeling is really sexual.

It is anti-logical to thank that WE worship GOD by making ourself have what the Vineyard Wimbers and some churches of Christ call having a Sexual-like Climactic experience with the Holy Spirit (Holy Spirit is She in Catholicism)

This REVERTS to NEW STYLE WORSHIP which originated in heaven and, according to Paul, wholly seduced Eve but Adam was considered the guilty party because the FRUIT was, based on most older testimony, sodomy which is the CO-PARTNER of ancient and modern musical worship. That's why they DIE, sister.

Does it FEEL REAL GOOD to know that the symptoms PROVE that you have been STUNG by the locusts with scorpion tails? The Locusts are resurrected MUSES to drive away those with the MARK of the Word and the SEAL of Baptism. In Revelation, they CAPTURE by causing a deep spiritual sleep for those MARKED with music (Oh, yes, hoards of evidence). The HIGH you think of as heavenly is a RESERVED PUNISHMENT because the HIGH is created by the hurt or STING of music INJECTING endorphins which produces ONLY the effects of FIGHT, FLIGHT or SEXUALITY.

Ken Sublett

Respond to this message   
Frank
(no login)

Conservative Dallas Area Churches Listed

December 15 2003, 6:53 PM 

Please check the Dallas Morning News December 15th, 2003. In the Business Section there is a complete whole page listing the true Dallas Area Churches of Christ united in worship and teaching the truth. This whole page listing is in the Business Section of the Newspaper. You can visit
www.dallasnews.com

Amen to this web-site, and let's keep reminding our brothers and sisters as to why we are the Church of Christ.

in his love.
Frank

Respond to this message   
Justin
(no login)

Re: Conservative Dallas Area Churches Listed

January 21 2004, 4:47 PM 

I have been unable to locate a hard copy of the Dallas Morning News from that date. Do you have a copy of it or know of a link on the web?

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

Rubel Shelly

January 21 2004, 6:19 PM 

Last year Rubel Shelly preached a sermon which said that the staff and elders saw nothing wrong with stand up-preside over role for women.

Now, Rubel and John York (Lipscomb) claim that there is a MINORITY who want women performers. So the ELDERS have REQUESTED that Rubel preach again.

He begins in the same way with with the Creation account which obviously must be wrong. He again tackles MIRIAM but we have shown that Miriam was "prophesying" meaning acting the part of a prophetess of HATHOR the female partner of APIS the golden calf. There's gold in them words: Miriam means BITTER and REBELLIOUS. She LED the women out meaning to ESCAPE where Moses was RECITING the "song." We have looked again at Miriam and will show that God uses MIRIAM as the example of any woman who claims to be a REVEALING PROPHET. This also applies to ANY MAN who cannot claim FACE TO FACE revelation from God. Rubel claims that we will hear the AUDIBLE voice and Max Lucado gets VISIONS. The MAJORITY will believe anything.

http://www.piney.com/RS.Women.1.11.04.html

I am astounded that the small band of self-validating preachers and professors cannot speak the truth without perverting it. I would be ashamed of such HIGH PRICED ignorance.

Next, Rubel Shelly and John York use DEBORAH and JAEL as prototypes of GOD-SELECTED FEMALE LEADERS. Well, if you need someone to drive a Tent Peg into a member of her old Canaanite tribe after offering him FOOD and FELLOWSHIP then old Jael is just for you. They claim that Deborah and Jael represent the BEE and the MILK and HONEY promised in Canaan BEFORE Israel rose up to PLAY in musical idolatry. Rather than "being" MILK, Jael fed Sisera MILK to help put him to sleep but her name means WILD GOATS of the hills. The "bee" in tradition was the DABAR which translates to LOGOS: the messaging of the Mind or Spirit of God in Jesus Christ. The BEE and HONEY has direct trails back to BABYLON.

I have added another section focusing on Deborah and Jael:

http://www.piney.com/RS.Deborah.Jael.1.11.04.html

This reminds me of this guy who did slinking-hiding brain surgery without any training or credentials. How can this be unless it is one of the PROPHESIES of the Beast "working miracles" to seduce the ELECT (electos, ekklesia or church of Christ)

It sounds like one of those old radio shows where people made a fortune speaking nonesense. This false teaching is really the SPEAKING IN TONGUES where the Hebrew LASHON (god of the tongue) and NACHASH (musicl enchanter) has the same meaning. Please help me understand this SCHIZOPHRENIA which Promise Keepers promises (just like Hitler) and delivers EXPECIALLY "among the scholars."

Ken Sublett

This message has been edited by ConcernedMembers from IP address 68.154.187.161 on Jan 22, 2004 7:14 AM

Respond to this message   
Free For His Glory
(no login)

The Love of Christ

March 30 2004, 3:28 PM 

It's crowded in worship today
As she slips in trying to fade into the faces
The girls teasing laughter is carrying farther than they know
Farther than they know

CHORUS
But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way

A traveler is far away from home
He sheds his coat and quietly sinks into the back row
The weight of their judgmental glances
Tells him that his chances are better out on the road

CHORUS
Jesus paid much too high a price
For us to pick and choose who should come
And we are the body of Christ

CHORUS
Jesus is the way

Casting Crowns--If We are the Body

I am actually a member at the Farmers Branch Church. I struggle with same sex attraction. I have been BURNED buy the brothers and sisters in our fellowship because I different, so in their minds God must feel the same way. This was not the case at The Branch. They showed me the Love of Christ, THEY SHOWED ME THAT THERE IS A WAY OUT OF THE LIFE OF SIN WHICH IS THE LOVE OF CHRIST. I didn't find this at the piano-less churches and as Jesus said to the Pharisee who we also dead in his prejudices also, 36"Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?" 37The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him." Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise." (Luke 10:36-37) The churches without the piano treated me like a piece of TRASH, but the church with a piano treated me with the LOVE OF CHRIST... Who was my neighbor, Who did what Christ's GREATEST COMMAND was?

Respond to this message   
Frank
(no login)

Re: The Love of Christ

March 30 2004, 7:30 PM 

Go and sin no more???

Love the sinner, hate the sin???

Political Correctness???? Unity???

Brothers/ Sisters??? See where we are today???

Respond to this message   
PW
(no login)

Re: The Love of Christ

March 31 2004, 7:12 AM 

God Bless Free. We are free in Christ.

Respond to this message   
Marvin Ellison
(no login)

Re: Conservative Dallas Area Churches Listed

April 1 2004, 7:41 AM 

Frank,

I don't know the answer to what is happening in the church. I think the traditional Church of Christ has hurt alot of people spiritually and emotionally.I think this has set alot of people up to find a church that they feel cares about them.

Try being a divorced person attending a traditional Church of Christ. I either feel I have to explain WHY I am divorced- apparently some people think its their right to 'approve' whether my divorce was 'scriptural' or not, or alot of people just don't really fellowship with me.

I know women whose husbands verbally, physically and emotionally abused them as well as having affairs. Do these women have to shout it from the pulpit that they are "ok" to fellowship with since thier divorces were scriptural? I think it wouldn't matter; the divorced women I know are basically avoided and ignored by the members of their churches- no one is mean...they just are isolated and feel alone. Think of how their children feel.

What is wrong with this picture? I think that is why so many are flocking to the 'new' churches.

Ultimately I think they will be very hurt by these so- called churches.But SOME people aren't leaving just because they want their ears 'tickled'. They are leaving because they feel they are not wanted or loved in their own churches that they grew up in and loved.Their own people don't care for them. That is why they are leaving, many of them.

I do not think when push comes to shove that some of these people will feel any more cared for or will be happy in some of the 'restoration' churches. Soon, it won't matter what 'denomination' you go to. It will all be the same and there will be no more 'choices'.

I hate to see this happening to the church. But the church hasn't loved its own. It has judged a good many very sincere and hurting members, and yes, shamed them too.So ...seeker sensitive churches? Yes..many are just seeking love and fellowship from other Christians, NOT jst the right to wear shorts to church.

Yes, lets remember why we are members of the Church of Christ.Our pride and snobbishness on a personal level, has lost us many members. We had no business to treat God's children ths way.

Respond to this message   
DARRELL
(no login)

SAD

March 31 2004, 4:10 AM 

IM SAD THAT WE HAVE REACHED THE POINT THAT WE ARE FIGHTING EACH OTHER. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT SATAN WANTS. LETS REMEMBER WE ARE CHRISTAINS. WHERE IS OUR LOVE.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened At the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter