Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?......Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous TopicReturn to Main Index  

Hixson Church of Christ Chattanooga TN

November 26 2002 at 11:34 AM
Anonymous  (no login)
from IP address 205.188.209.134

Using material from Willowcreek for Sunday School- 'Kingdom Kids'.This term "Kingdom Kids" also used for the kids classes in one of the largest Community churches in this area. Beginning to form small groups. Launching new building program. Bringing in Financial Management consultacy for members to train them to budget, and educate them about giving the church annuities etc. Remains to be seen what the actual plan of the church is, ultimately. The above only mentioned because these seem to be the kind of things that change first in the Community Church transition.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

Hixson Church of Christ

November 26 2002, 3:32 PM 

Having been suckered or scammed several times I have become as wise as an earthworm which "will not make the same mistake three times."

First, you need a contract: personal experiences have proven that the STATED purpose for sacrificial giving are rarely the HIDDEN agenda. Non-denominational simply means "we will take any widow's money."

Second, when you read WILLOW CREEK and AWESOME worship services you must understand that you are in the deep sump of the Church Growth Cult based on turning church from School of the Bible into "theater for holy entertainment."

The Willow Creek and Saddleback as the Purpose Driven Cult has the goal of radically reducing the children's exposure to the BIBLE as it has been taught and entertaining them to make them feel GOOD about themselves. If you look you may find instrumental music being sneaked into the CHILDREN'S MINISTRY and the YOUTH MINISTRY. In time this may be used as AUTHORITY for the collective worship.

Third, there is NOTHING identified as the church of Christ which can be accomplished by massive mega-temples designed to be theaters for performance preaching and performance music.

Fourth, you will begin to hear the TITHE word and you will understand that you have been transported back on the Jewish side of the Cross where JESUS paid all of your debts but to the poor and UNTAUGHT.

The FUND RAISING SCAMS are no different: the goal may be to TEACH you as at Madison that if you don't TITHE you may be cursed. However, a more civilized method is to get you into small groups and then alone to CLOSE THE DEAL and get you to sign a pledge card which they will deny is a PLEDGE card.

Fifth, Paul did not establish a LAW OF GIVING and therefor if they UP THE ANTE to cheat you of your needed fruit of YOUR work they are simply lying to you. The phrase "as you have prospered" does not mean "proportional and mandatory giving." Rather, it means in early church history that "those WHO have prospered should give to help those who are DESTITUTE." Pastor person leading you into Canaan Land does not qualify.

Sixth, Jesus paid the TEMPLE TAX and therefore you OWE nothing for buildings and grounds: Paul said that we have to go OUTSIDE THE CAMP to find Jesus so don't get scammed that you have to be here at 6:00 to meet and worship God by preaching MEDIATOR and MUSICAL MEDIATOR.

Seventh, the ONLY giving was to the destitute: people undergoing famine and not just a low salary.

Eighth, in 2 Cor 8-9 Paul DENIED that this was a LAW OF GIVING.

Ninth, the early churches so understood this and collected money from the PROSPEROUS only to give to those who were DESTITUTE ONLY. This was "only if they are willing." No one hit them in the face with a LAW OF GIVING.

Tenth, the Restoration Movement concurred that the elders and deacons HAVE NO AUTHORITY to impose a debt to put YOU under spiritual oppression unless the Elders have some Biblical authority for the PROJECT:

Alexander Campbell wrote:

"Contributions are made for the necessities of saints. The deacons are acquainted, and, through them, the whole fraternity, with the circumstances of all. Under its wise and wholesome discipline care is taken that every member CAPABLE of labor, work with his own hands, diligently at some honest calling. (Paul was speaking of the "many"preachers who work if they eat).

"The indolent, slothful, and bad economists are censured, admonished, and reformed, or excluded.

"The CONTRACTING of heavy and oppressive DEBTS is PROscribed. No brother is allowed to enthral himself or others in any sort of worldly speculations which incur either ANXIETY on his part or INCONVENIENCE to others. The AGED, FEEBLE, and HELPLESS are taken care of by the brethren.

"In this view of the deacon's office, we cannot but concur with the sayings and views of the primitive fathers who considered the deacons as the treasurers of the congregation, and as appointed to the service of tables, viz. the Lord's table, the poor's table, and the bishop's table."

Paul laid it down as a DIRECT COMMAND and an approved PATTERN that if the preacher will not work neither shall his TABLE be supplied: not even priests had more support than their FOOD.

So, when the LAW is laid on you like a lash please inform your friends that YOU have a spiritual duty to refuse to be put in DEBT for STRUCTURES and STAFF who increasingly are AGENTS of the instrumental churches and who have no qualms about stealing the church houses of WIDOWS. Since only driblets of the GIFTS TO GOD get to the POOR as His only "mouth" you need to direct your CONTRIBUTIONS directly to the poor: Christ died to FREE you from the LAW OF GIVING imposed by unlawful men.

KNOW them that labor among you: quickly, now!

Kenneth Sublett

Respond to this message   
PL
(no login)

Re: Hixson Church of Christ Chattanooga TN

August 22 2003, 12:04 PM 

Please see http://www.hixsoncoc.com/H6%20Health.htm

I don't know how to make that into a 'link', sorry.
I visit this site from time to time to see what is new, and well, there are several things. The above sited article is by one of the several ministers, and refers to the Willowcreek 'strategy' for becoming a mega church, a church that just doesn't do some things well, but EVERYTHING well. Guess they are going by the book- the church growth handbook, that is.

The author of thse articles is the son of the 'involvement' minister at another congregation in Chattanooga, East Brainerd, another one to watch. These two men are not from around here. Don't know where they came from. East Brainerd has many many members who are heavily involved in one way or another in the only Church of Christ School in this town, ie an abundance of staff, as well as the administration and some board members. I hope this doesn't extend to the school, but I worry about it.

I find this man's articles appalling and much more suited to running a business that being a minister of the church.Right or wrong, this congregation at least fits the descritption of what this site is about. It LOOKS like a duck.......

This message has been edited by ConcernedMembers from IP address 66.20.110.74 on Aug 27, 2003 5:40 PM

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

Hixson

August 22 2003, 7:24 PM 

Yes, there's trouble in River City. The Willow Creek or Saddleback is clearly a CULT. The emphasis is to "INFILTRATE AND DIVERT." The goal is to turn your "church" as synagogue or school of the Bible into a "theater for holy entertainment." They PRETEND to take surveys but the ARE NOT SURVEYS.

The SCAM is to make the changes and get into a good financial situation before they tell the weeping widows having thieves steal their "church houses," Say, hay! I know that it hurts but WE GOTTA do our thing. The stated method is to make them think that they are on a train to Atlanta. But, say, we gonna switch tracks and send them to Nashville. Sure, it goona hurt but we we are the leaders of the Cult.

The old founding members will find themselves as OUTSIDERS or complementarians. Before they can get into the inner circle at Willow Creek even old elders have to "willingly submit to the eldership of women." Only if you are willing to drink Jonestown Koolaid will you ever get into the INNER CIRCLE. This is like a tower of Babylon looking from above. The CLERGY with NO AUTHORITY from God are at the TOP. The rest, yes poor widows, will have to struggle up the steps with the new MUSICAL WORSHIP TEAM "leading them into the presence of the gods." This replaces Jesus as the One and only Mediator.

If you expect to get to the top of the pyramid or "pitcher's mound" you must know that the collection plate is at the TOP level. Something like a marketing scheme.

The way to make the CHURCH GROWTH CULT operate you have to organize every waking moment and have the STAFF INFECTION plan for YOU--and of course pay them too.

Mellor's Madness is here: don't try this with Netscape, Their net page is as complicated as their SCHEME OR SCAM.

http://www.hixsoncoc.com/H6%20Health.htm

I did something like that for a Christian School once and an older, wiser board member said: "I sure pray that God has a juvenile court."

Here is a review of ACU's scam to train parasites:

http://www.piney.com/ACU-OSBURN.html

Osburn says: "If we are to have a truly significant impact upon the national and international scene,
faculties of religion must play leading PROPHETIC roles in CHANNELING and facilitating whatever changes loom ahead.

The problem is that when you let Jesus sweep out your "house" and you let one DEMON back in, they bring in legions of bonding buddies for whom they do WPA or Works Patronage Actors.

Jesus fired them and Paul took away the dole for even evangelists: if they will not work neither shall they eat. This absolutely fits the pattern for the church named after CIRCE the holy whore by which John warned us in the book of Revelation. She poisons with music and magical enchantments. She then uses her new ministers by turning them into swine. Then she occupies her total time and resources MAKING DUNG PATTYCAKES for her "CONGREGATION." When she goes back into HELL in Revelation 18 her singers, craftsmen and musicians will go back with her.

I will show you what Jesus and Paul meant: all super apostles trained in the Greek theater such as "rhetoricians, sOPHISts, singers and musicians" were SECTARIANS: They belonged to the SECT of the hypocrites along with the Pharisees and Scribes. In the Greek they are defined as the SORCERERS and were ALL identified as PARASITES. A guitarist is synonomous with the word PARASITE. A sOPHISt is the SERPENT of Revelation and the MUSICAL ENCHANTER in the garden of Eden.

Jesus CAST out one such "musical worship team" who wanted to do HIS work, "more or less violently" as one "casts out DUNG." I will show you that the MINISTERY LEADERS of Athens and many cities controlled the FLUTE-GIRLS who were always prostitutes as well as the cemetary and the DUNG HEAP. A spiritual prostitute sells their BODY under the guise of being MINISTERS.

None of this has the REMOTEST connection to the Christian synagogue which was "a school of the Bible." However, the colleges had to TAKE IN doctors of the Law to become universities. Then they had to MAKE A PLACE for them in the MAINSTREAM by claiming that you cannot be a church until you catch STAFF INFECTION.

You will find out that the GROWTH will come through MUSIC which in ALL pagan temples was the role of PROSTITUTES or SODOMITES. The CONTRIBUTION growth will teach the Christ-denying lie that you must TITHE to pay for the MINISTERS who are priests and musicians.

They will win because the MUSES who had been turned into LOCUSTS in the Legends of John's Patmos world will be resurrected by Apollo or Abaddon or Apollyon. Their task is to DRIVE AWAY those with the MARK of the Word. They then PUNISH those with the MARK of Lucifer's music until Jesus comes. Sure, THEIR music produces a drug high which is addictive. Each weak they will STING with their scorpion tails. They will MAINLINE endorphins or "morphine" which creates the effect of FIGHT, FLIGHT AND SEXUALITY. That is why God may be driving the tiny, faithful few OUTSIDE the gates which is the only place Jesus meets the diminishingly-small REMNANT.

REJOICE AND BE GLAD BECAUSE THE TIME AND THE SIGNS GIVE ME GREAT HAPPINESS. Next year, the right time, the Pythian (serpent) games will have APOLLO (Abaddon, Apollyon) and Athena- the holy whore as mascots.
The Hixsonites will be BURDEN LADED by some dishonest "minister turned master" which is "spiritual anxiety created by religious rituals." They are riding tandem on the backs of widows and the working poor: Cast them out.

As the comming TITHE is a Christ- Denying lie, the LAW OF GIVING is also a SCAM even when Paul said that it was not a command. The thing members MUST DO is to withhold their "contribution" or "taxes." The world still considers such men as PARASITES. Pull them off your backs and become a CHURCH or synagogue of Christ.

Ken Sublett

Respond to this message   
PL
(no login)

website address correction

August 27 2003, 11:44 AM 

This message has been edited by ConcernedMembers from IP address 66.20.110.74 on Aug 27, 2003 5:38 PM

Respond to this message   
Glen Gray
(no login)

East Brainerd Church of Christ

September 24 2003, 8:57 AM 

Dear Mr. Sublett,

I am the Involvement Minister at the East Brainerd congregation. I have no son, though I have often wanted one. Research is vital -- hearsay can be dangerous. I have been at EBCC for the past six and a half years. As in any aggressive evangelistic work, there are going to be some who are converted to Christ that still have lots of growing to do. Some will want to "bring in" elements of denominationalism that cannot be part of the worship or work of the body of Christ. They should be and can be taught in a loving manner. I agree with you that some things being promoted in other congregations are dangerous and unbiblical. That is not the case at East Brainerd. I consider myself very conservative when it comes to the Scripture, but very liberal when it comes to traditions and human opinion. Be careful that you do not get the two confused.
There are elements of "church growth" which cannot be used, must not be used in and by the body of Christ. But any discerning eldership or preacher of the gospel should be able to "weed out" those things while still using those elements that are beneficial and do not violate Scripture.
You have indicated in your writing that Boyd-Buchanan administrators and teachers are being contaminated by associated with the EBC. What do you mean? Do you have anything in mind? Or is this just a fallacious accusation without support to incite doubt and confidence in the Lord's church?
I would like to read your response and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Glen Gray

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

EBCOC

September 24 2003, 7:50 PM 

Dear Mr. Sublett,

Glen Gray: I am the Involvement Minister at the East Brainerd congregation. I have no son, though I have often wanted one.

Ken: That's good: I don't know you and didn't say anything about your son!

Glen Gray: Research is vital -- hearsay can be dangerous. I have been at EBCC for the past six and a half years. As in any AGGRESSIVE evangelistic work, there are going to be some who are converted to Christ that still have lots of growing to do. Some will want to "bring in" elements of denominationalism that cannot be part of the worship or work of the body of Christ. They should be and can be taught in a loving manner. I agree with you that some things being promoted in other congregations are dangerous and unbiblical.

Ken: That's good: I didn't say anything against love. The problem may be REJECTION of a foreign organ. The church exist as a SYNAGOGUE OF CHRIST to meet weekly for worship which is GIVING HEED to the Word and not the performers. The church HAS NO AGGRESSIVE genes. It sends out EVANGELISTS (Not "located travelling salesmen") to DISCIPLE or Teach the Word. Paul solved the DIVERSE BACKGROUND in Romans 15 by defining church as a NOT FOR PRODUCING EXCITEMENT OR PLEASURE and for speaking WITH ONE MIND and ONE MOUTH "that which is written by the Spirit of Christ."

Glen Gray: That is not the case at East Brainerd. I consider myself very conservative when it comes to the Scripture, but very liberal when it comes to TRADITIONS and human opinion. Be careful that you do not get the two confused.

Ken: I don't know what you do at East Brainerd, didn't say that you were liberal about Scripture. Said nothing about your church. The issue was brought up by one of YOUR members, not me. The growth speech sounds just like others who will DO ANYTHING in their words to gain "converts." I identified what to look for: if it doesn't fit you then it fits the thousands of others who may want to know what is going on in their church. I don't know why doing anything scriptural would cause you troubles.

Do you consider NOT using choirs traditional? Do you believe that instrumental music is ok to attract outsiders? Most "professionals" "pass through college" and wind up pretty ignorant of the meaning of Scripture and its historical background.

Glen Gray: There are elements of "church growth" which cannot be used, must not be used in and by the body of Christ. But any discerning eldership or preacher of the gospel should be able to "weed out" those things while still using those elements that are beneficial and do not violate Scripture.

Ken: CHURCH GROUTH IS A CULT: it has no role in the Synagogue of Christ. Many other church elders are using their wisdom to declare that the Bible "does not say don't use instruments so we are going to use them." When it comes to choirs or "musical worship teams" (heretical in its terminology) or instrumental music the cant SEE, HEAR or SPEAK anything against instruments. I say that they are Biblically illiterate. If that isn't what is causing the trouble then I didn't address you our your church.

It is LEGALISTIC and non-Christian to decide to do something which has never been approved and declare that it is ok because it DOES NOT VIOLATE SCRIPTURE. Those who have been offended may have a deeper understanding about what Scripture SAYS. The elders are NEVER command leaders: Jesus modeled the SON by speaking only what He heard from the FATHER who was with Him. Paul circumscribed the role of the elders by demanding that "THEY TEACH THAT WHICH HAS BEEN TAUGHT" AND REBUKE "THOSE WHO OPPOSE IT." No human elder has any DECIDING role about doing something they feel OK because not LEGALISTICALLY CONDEMNED. The church is the EKKLESIA or Synagogue of Christ: it is more A School of the Bible than pagan worship center. Paul's UNIQUE worship word means to GIVE HEED to the Word and to Christ. The CHURCH is not an EVANGELISM TOOL and it has no Scriptural staff such as OUTREACH MINISTER. This usurps the role of the body and especially the Deacons who have the same OUTREACH teaching authority and responsibility as the elders. The definition of the word Deacon means that they are the MINISTERS of the flock and history proves that they filled this role with NO WAGED roles available in the local congregation. Perhaps, the problem is that you have edged into an unlawful role, demanded a WAGE from the people, assume COMMAND LEADERSHIP over them and resent it when the OWNERS dare question the hirelings.

Glen Gray: You have indicated in your writing that Boyd-Buchanan administrators and teachers are being contaminated by associated with the EBC. What do you mean? Do you have anything in mind? Or is this just a fallacious accusation without support to incite doubt and confidence in the Lord's church?

Ken: I HAVE NOT: This is the first use of Boyd-Buchanan in this forum: you mentioned it. I have said nothing about Boyd-Buchanan, its leadership or its connection. Better go back and read again.

Glen Gray: I would like to read your response and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Ken: here it is and you have been a false accuser on every point. What do you hope to gain by this when every reader can see that it is false? The guilt clause is to try to shift the blame. You may want to explain in detail what YOU are doing to cause the pain. If you are above the old TRADITIONS then you can solve your churches problem by defining what WE are doing which is just TRADITION. And please explain why the explosion of STAFF JOBS when there is not a SINGLE role in the church to tempt those "who see godliness as a means of financial gain." That doesn't mean greedy: that means "seeing godliness as a means of OCCUPATION." The BODY of Christ has no professional OR ARTIFICIAL MINDS OR HEARTS which assume the role of forcing the peaceable kingdom into PRODUCING more PRODUCT to pay for the artificial MIND or SPIRIT which used to be Jesus Christ.

I think being officious "to eat up widow's houses" and the "inventing new doctrine, like the Pharisees, specifically to silence the Word of God" is the RIPE BOIL in man congregations and you must praise God that they do not let their PLEADING for help cause them to go to the courts to pry off the BURDEN LADERS using the widows and hard working people like pack animals rather than obey the GO for the honest evangelist.

Most families have two wage earners and then find that they cannot send their kids to college. If you would, like Paul's direct command and approved example, you could MINISTER to them by NOT taking their bread.

If the LAW OF GIVING does not exist and Paul would call ours EXTORTION then just how do the ELDERS get the money to do something THEY are not qualified to do. Thomas Campbell said that they HAVE NO AUTHORITY to add burdens which INCREASES THE ANXIETY of the local body of Bible students.

Ken Sublett

Respond to this message   
glen gray
(no login)

ending

September 25 2003, 4:13 PM 

Dear Mr. Sublett,

Well, I guess you told me!

Now I see the way you get your information. You don't read. You make it up. And you have a hobby to propogate, but not the gospel of Christ.

I pray that your love for Christ will grow.

This will end our discussion, which has not been much.

Glen

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

ending

September 26 2003, 1:52 PM 

I simply tried to CORRECT your lying about me from beginning to end. I gues that ends the conversation but you are the one with the BURDEN which needs to be repented of.

I said NONE of those things you said about me: is that disgraceful? Yet, I know that one must not refute the burden laders even when they are wrong. Just which part did I MAKE UP? You are bound to answer why you made up those things which I am supposed to have said.

Are you one of those Shelly types preaching postmodernism where TAKING LIBERTIES WITH THE TRUTH is not lying?

It still is and you should go back and determine where you got me saying all of those things.

Is opposing MUSICAL WORSHIP TEAMS (the ultimate oxymoron) just one of our TRADITIONS. Your paymasters are waiting.

Is not using INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC one of the traditions you refuse to honor? Your paymasters will want to know. It takes just a few words (no, I won't pay you) to explain the TRADITIONS of the churchof Christ. I fell that that is the CAUSE of the trouble.

Is organizing the church by laying on BURDENS Jesus lifted one of the new traditions. If there is trouble over there maybe we can ferret it out. You MUST stand up and give an answer.

Ken

Respond to this message   
pl
(no login)

Hixson

October 1 2003, 9:18 AM 

According to the East Brainerd church of Christ website, the Evangelism and Missions minister is Dave Mellor. His son, Nathan Mellor is the minister at Hixson Church of Christ. Sorry for the ministry title mixup.

Respond to this message   
hj
(Login no1mportant)

What are we doing in here?

October 1 2003, 12:01 PM 

what do we do to voice our concern about THIS WEBSITE?!? i mean, honestly....are we not above trying to degrade each other in "civil arguements?" is there something to be said about me feeling guilty for looking at this website? i find myself looking here to see what each response is and to see how articulately degrading each person can be in response to each other. is that wrong? is that a healthy way to voice different opinions in dealing with religious matters? i think that this has become the "Coach T.com" of the Churches of Christ.

aren't there more pressing issues to discuss that what this or that church is doing with their bible curriculum? is this a salvation issue? are any of these topics salvation issues? why is it wrong to teach a child about the goodness of God, or put such a great emphasis on a children's ministry if they learn of the love and grace of our God? isn't that a good thing?

and about the hixson church....let me offer my opinion here. i think that they are doing the best they can. they are led by a wonderful team of elders who are some of the most Godly men i have ever met. their team of ministers are as compassionate and hard-working as i've ever seen. (and about the comment that nathan and his father aren't from around here. what is that supposed to mean? neither was jesus.) i am a member of this church family. i have grown up in this area and am excited to see the plannings of this church. i see God doing great things in the Chattanooga area because of the wonderful souls at the hixson church. i am a young man...only 26 years old. i have been a christian since my early teen years. what i see at the hixson church are numerous spiritual mentors who lead by spiritual example. the single most important reason that i think the hixson church will be okay is what they do to base all of their decisions upon....THEY GO TO THE BIBLE. that's it.

that's it....

from what i understand, as limited as some may think, i know this to be true...

1.) that Christ is the only way to have fellowship with God. (which is what He desires most)
2.) we are all human...therefore we are all sinners, and we may disagree on things.
3.) the bible is the only place to base any spiritual decisions
4.) God wants His chruch (family) to grow and be fruitful
5.) there are some people who do not do what is right in their path to spiritual fellowship with God, based upon what the bible teaches.
6.) (argueably most important) God knows the heart of each person. He knows the motives of man and where their desires are focued, and therefore, He (not you or me) is the only judge of His people.

Respond to this message   
SS
(no login)

Troublesome

January 23 2004, 5:49 PM 

I would simply like to say as a first-time and probably last time viewer of this site (unless I want to waste my time listening to Ken spew his "view" on everyone else). I know that there are churches that have problems, but I believe that the last place any of us need to turn is the internet and to some comments from people who "may" not really have a clue as to what is really going on. I know from experiance that there have been some in various church that I have attended leave and say..."well this is happening" when in reality it never did and never would have. People who tend to be pharisaical tend to not look at what is really happening. For one to comment in the public about what they do or don't like about a church really hurts a church. I have heard people complain about the church where I am at, and I have heard some in the commiunity say they would never attend here because of the complaining they have heard from "some"...why don't all these people and some on here realize that they do more damage to the church than a simple matter of personal difference would ever do. Far to many people feel that a certain congregation is "their" church...it is not..it is Christs'. When we do things like this website does "bashing" churches based upon "letters" and "hearsay" we harm the Lord's church and make it a mockery! It was very disturbing to see the "childish" -- "you said, no you said" go on...it is just to bad...I believe if God's people spent more time studying His word they would not have the time to come up with problems that everyone else has!

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

Church Name

May 11 2004, 10:26 PM 

Does anyone have a transcript about the name of the church:

given on April 18 by Nathen Mellor "It doesn't matter what name you have on the front of the building"

If it doesn't matter then why not leave Church of Christ on the sign: after all He built it and it will be His Bride.

The church has always been known as the Church of Christ:

http://www.piney.com/ChofChristName.html

I wonder what that has to do with "teach the Word as it has been taught."

Or how could that be CHRISTIAN when Christ DID NOT promise to build a church but an ekklesia or synagogue which was always a school of the Bible. After all, Jesus said of the twos or threes burdened and heavy laden by clergy to "come learn of ME."

Bringing the name under question sounds like the PLANNED SOWING OF DISCORD to upset and make the EMPLOYERS so dissatisfied that they will slither off into the end-time Babylon whore worship.

I have collected some notes on charismatic worship (meaning music)

http://www.piney.com/Charismatic.html

There is no role in church for a rhetorician or anyone who will not "give attendance to the public reading of the Word." Giving Heed to the word was Paul's ONLY worship word for the ASSEMBLY which is usually a form of the SYNAGOGUE. "There was no praise service in the synagogue" as, indeed, it was outlawed for "the church in the wilderness" or Qahal for the assembly which was always for instruction and NEVER for singing and playing instruments.

Ken

Respond to this message   
Reality Check
(no login)

Get your facts straight

May 18 2004, 6:02 PM 

Their services are not charasmatic. (I know you didn't say it, but the link implies is and you know it.)

They are still the Hixson Church of Christ. It's on their sign. It's on their website. I think the point being made was that the title on your building does not secure your salvation. That's a very Biblical concept.

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

Update?

August 10 2004, 8:48 AM 

Looks like the preacher person and the "master of surveys"has moved on. However, in the middle of their homepage:

Rick Warren Breakfast
Convention Center - September 23
For reservations, contact Debby Gifford
423-756-0410 x 112 or debby@resourcefoundation.org

I wonder if anyone grasps that this is a radical Baptist Multi-Scribe and founder of the Purpose Driven Church "purposefully" taken From the Willow Creek system:

Rick is a hyper-Calvinist: everything you do is caused by God. If you believe that do you believe that promoting the cult is God's purpose?

Rick teaches the Baptist baptism which has meaning only in connection with Calvinistic predestination.

Rick promotes MUSIC and minimizes the Bible. As a full "member" you will take courses and sign covenants.

This scheme has been tried in many denominations and always results in deliberately sowing discord. Some large churches have not only SPLIT but have been totally destroyed.

HUGE GROWTH is proof that you CANNOT be an ekklesia or synagogue of Christ. True groups are despised and rejected.

Anyone know where the old troublers have gone? Lordy, I look at all of those "ministries" and Nimrod's Tower of Babbling comes to mind. Jesus died to remove the laden burden and to give believers REST. Take a look and see how the Greek PAUO is largely devoted to STOPPING whatever you are doing as LEGALISTIC work:

http://www.piney.com/Heresy.Music.html

PauĂ´, includes to: bring to an end, stop or silence by death, take one's rest, cease, have done, of one singing or speaking.

Ken

Respond to this message   
Saddened & disgusted
(no login)

the fruit of this site

September 29 2004, 10:41 AM 

Mr. Sublett,

I am saddened, and frankly, disgusted by the existence of this site and your words on it. I do not have the seemingly unlimited time that you have to debate even the smallest minutia, but I hope to convey a single thought to you.

======================================

Well, I'm Saddened & disgusted too.
Sorry no faceless attacks today.

The Modulator

This message has been edited by ConcernedMembers from IP address 68.154.178.216 on Sep 29, 2004 4:37 PM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: the fruit of this site

January 7 2007, 3:23 PM 

So what is going on with this church now?

Respond to this message   
just the facts
(no login)

see for yourself

December 4 2008, 11:47 AM 

The congregation formerly known as the Hixson Church of Christ is now a couple of miles down the road.....so to speak....

Moved a couple of miles to a very nice new building

Now called the Clear Creek Church of Christ - located next the North Chickamauga Creek which has never been referred to as "clear creek" by anyone local.

You can view the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony the - Clear Creek church of Christ - hosted and hear the music on "You Tube" at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpcUtz0e6QM

enjoy

Respond to this message   
former member of Hixson C of C/ Clear Creek
(no login)

that is my family

March 31 2013, 11:01 PM 

i wanted to put in a good word for the family at Clear Creek church of Christ. we attended there from 2007-2011 and we love that congregation dearly. if you are looking for a family to support you day in and day out-- and help keep your focus on God then please give them a try! PRECIOUS PEOPLE!

Respond to this message   
Scott
(no login)

Former preacher at Hixson

May 13 2017, 7:10 AM 

Can someone please tell me why Mike Seale, their former preacher (2005-2007, I think) was fired? He came to a church in west Memphis, Arkansas that some of my family attends, , and has wrecked it so badly that it has gone from 550 members down to 250. And he has never told the truth about why he was fired from his previous preaching position(s). Many people have been hurt, and deserve answers. Thank you.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous TopicReturn to Main Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened At the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter