Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?......Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  

Louisiana Ave. coC, Savannah, GA

April 24 2004 at 7:57 PM
JNMCLEOD  (no login)
from IP address 152.163.252.162

On March 2004 I formally challenged the H.... M......... and C.... H..... of the Louisiana Avenue congregation to a debate and/or discussion about the unscriptural activities that they are doing.

(The current Sunday morning attendance is between 12-15. There are only 3 men left in the congregation.)

This challenge would also include the former minister, D.... D...... of Lancaster Ohio. However, since D.... has never replied to any correspondence to me, but has chosen to call the Savannah Police Department and the police department where he last preached to make a complaint against me for harrassment. (Apparently D.... is not aware that the scriptures teach that a brother is to talk to a brother when they have problems.) D.... can talk about me, but he can't talk to me.

I challenge the brethren (if they still claim to be the church of Christ) to explain why they are:

Allowing a man who is living with a woman who is not his wife to cast the deciding votes on important issues.

Allowing for a congregational vote to overturn a decision that had been made in a regular business meeting.

Allowing a former minister to conceal the fact that he was married and divorced while in Savannah. (They do not see anything wrong with him misrepresenting his true marital status on his resume by saying that he is "SINGLE AND NEVER MARRIED BUT IS LOOKING.") This has caused problems for at least one congregation where he was finally hired.

The men at Louisiana Avenue called a congregational meeting in January. (This meeting was planned without giving us any warning). They read a list of concerns that I had with both of them. The list was given to them following a men's meeting in January 2003. They did not address any of the issues but rather objected to me raising any questions about their actions.

I was told that I would be allowed to respond to their attacks. They have since refused to let me respond to their remarks. They have also refused to allow another sister congregation to come in and mediate the differences.

The resulting attack caused my 87 year old grandmother to have a pin stroke.

2 people that had been there have quit attending.

The following URL http://hometown.aol.com/savannahgacoc/myhomepage/index.html gives more information about the events that transpired.

I have been a baptized member of this congregation since 1969.

It is my sincere desire that someone who is more capable than me be able to show these men that they are wrong and that their actions have caused serious harm to the Lord's church.

This message has been edited by ConcernedMembers from IP address 65.1.118.155 on Apr 25, 2004 11:12 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Big Mike Lewis
(no login)

Some verses to help you.

April 28 2004, 3:49 PM 

In all sincerity,

Your responsiblity is to shake the dust off your feet and move on. If they really won't listen to you, then you have to move on. Honestly, if this church is going to do things X way, you can't change them just because you are feeling a different way.

Back-biting and mailing letters and getting into an uproar won't solve anything. Love them and move on. Being the lookout for this group isn't working. Find a church where you feel comfortable. Don't label people with harsh words.

I have a hard time believing that your grandmother had a stroke because of this. It was probably something that was coming anyway (no disrespect intended).

Matthew 5:43-48
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

John 13:34-35
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Romans 12:1
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--THIS is your spiritual service of worship.

Matthew 22:36-40
"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"
Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' ALL the Law and the Prophets hang on THESE two commandments."

Matthew 10:11-14
"Whatever town or village you enter, search for some worthy person there and stay at his house until you leave. As you enter the home, give it your greeting. If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town."

Respond to this message   
JNMCLEOD
(Login JNMCLEOD)

Re: Some verses to help you.

April 28 2004, 10:44 PM 

Dear Mike,

Thanks for your response. However, I would like to say that I did leave that congregation over a year ago.

However, I believe that as one of the leaders of the congregation I have a responsibility to hold the other members accountable for their actions and to let others know of the situation. Someone may be able to do or say something that I can not do.

Also I believe that the brotherhood should be made aware of the preacher that is lying on his resume. All churches should investigate anyone who desires to work for them as a preacher.

Likewise all preachers should investigate all churches that they desire to work with. I believe that this website is one avenue that this could be done.

As for the way that I have addressed certain men on the website that is up for debate and or discussion. The men received a copy and have the opportunity to defend their actions if they desire.

On judgment day they will be held accountable for their actions.

As for your believe as to whether their actions caused the pin stroke or not is really immaterial. I believe that I could provide enough evidence in a court of law to prove my case. Of course, you can't sue a "brother". It's strange that we will get more courtesy from the courts than we do our own brethren.

Thanks again for your response.

Respond to this message   
Jim Martin
(no login)

David

September 15 2004, 7:22 AM 

I am the minister for the Eastside church in Lancaster, OH. Concerning David, he has changed his resume to (Married/Annulled; scriptural reason.
Now Jerry, as a Christian that you say you are, isn't it time to stop this, and get on with building up the church? As I read your letter (That I received in the mail), there is too much anger. You must remember that God is not blind and those that are doing wrong will pay the ultimate price. (Heb. 10:30-31). If you do not get off this agenda, congregation will begin marking you and refuse fellowship with you. (Rom. 16:17)

Concerned
Jim Martin

Allowing a former minister to conceal the fact that he was married and divorced while in Savannah. (They do not see anything wrong with him misrepresenting his true marital status on his resume by saying that he is "SINGLE AND NEVER MARRIED BUT IS LOOKING.") This has caused problems for at least one congregation where he was finally hired.

Respond to this message   
JNMCLEOD
(no login)

REPENTANCE IS STILL REQUIRED

September 17 2004, 7:16 PM 

Dear Jim,

I am glad to hear that David has finally changed his resume to reflect his true marital status.

However, as I see it there is still a need for repentance on David's part for the harm that he has caused. Changing a few words on his resume is not enough.

Would you want to allow for his soul to be lost without trying to correct the wrong that he has done.

By the way are you certain that David has changed his resume. Or did David just tell you that he changed it. How can you be sure that he is being honest with you.

Since he is willing to call the police in order to keep the brethren from finding out his true marital status then why should you believe him now?

By the way I did talk to you a year ago about this matter (via email). You said that you would talk to David. However, you NEVER came back to me with the results of your talk.

Thanks anyway for letting me know that he "says" that he is being honest now.

Jerry

Respond to this message   
JNMCLEOD
(no login)

ANOTHER THREAT

September 21 2004, 6:48 PM 

Jim,

Just thought I would let you know that I have received another threat from David. (He called my preacher's home and threatened to have me arrested). I am doubtful that David has truly changed his ways because of this.

Maybe it will be a good thing to bring this out in to the courts so that EVERYONE can know the truth.

By the way I what scripture you use to justify taking any discipline action against me. You are in Ohio and I am in Georgia.

Also would you care to explain this passage for me. The way that I see it I have done everything according to the scriptures.

Matthew 18:15-17
Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

But if he will not hear [thee, then] take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell [it] unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened At the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral