Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?......Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  

GARDENDALE BAPTIST CHURCH, Corpus Christi, Texas

July 29 2004 at 8:37 AM
Anonymous  (no login)
from IP address 65.1.108.85

This webpage shows the ungodly act at GARDENDALE BAPTIST CHURCH Corpus Christi, Texas on 7/18/2004. By the time you read this page more members will have followed the ousted Christians.

"Members of Gardendale Baptist Church voted Sunday to expel about 165 members from their congregation because they did not support the leadership of the church's pastor, according to a church spokesman and several ousted members."

http://home.stx.rr.com/gardendalecctx/gardendale.html

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tom Brite
(no login)

Amazing!

July 29 2004, 9:41 AM 

As long time readers of this site will know, I have much more often than not found myself in disagreement with Ken and Donnie and those of their persuasion. However, this letter from the "pastor" is unbelievable. I have never seen anything so arrogant or prideful.

This draws a clear distinction between the biblical use of the term "pastor" which is always a plurality of men who lead the church and the Baptist term of "pastor" which is a single man who has been appointed to lead the church.

How can a man who claims to be a believer and undertakes the role of leading the flock act in such a bold (and ungodly) manner which will surely lead to many of those 160 souls loosing their faith?

Tom

Respond to this message   
amber
(no login)

stop the gossip

July 29 2004, 9:42 PM 

I think people need to get their stories straight before they start talking. Our Pastor is a wonderful man and all of the votes that were for him proves this.
amber

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

Got it straight from your "Pastor"

July 30 2004, 9:35 AM 

Amber, the only information that I needed to write my response was the letter that came above your "Pastor's" signature. Unless the letter was fraudulant, then I stand by my opinion.

Ken is right (and it pains me to say that ) that pastors are to be servant leaders. They are to LEAD all of the flock by SERVING ALL of the flock, not just those who may agree with them on all issues. Please show me where the Bible authorizes a vote up or down on your support for the "Pastor" with the result being that if your side "looses" the election, you are AUTOMATICALLY removed from the membership roles of the congregation. I would actually like to know if this is the first time this has happened in a congregation, be it Baptist, Church of Christ or any other fellowship.

What do you say to all of the people who have been a member of your church of 30 or 40 years that suddenly find themselves booted from the membership roles?

Oh, sorry about that?
Maybe you can find some place else to worship?
Thanks for your contributions all these years, hope you got more to give to your next church.
Hope that you do not get so discouraged that you just give up going to church altogether.

As I mentioned in my first post, I generally do not agree with the more "traditional" side of church politics. However, elders or pastors who lead their congregation through change can and must do it in a loving environment, teaching the congregation and justifying to the congregation in a biblical and gentle way as the process takes place. I believe this is possible without dividing a congregation. But this "Pastor" has blown all of this away and I am sure has done irreparable damage to many of those who were automatically booted from the membership role (and I would assume fellowship from the remainder of the congregation.)

Tom Brite

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Got it straight from your "Pastor"

July 17 2011, 9:15 PM 

Tom,
I appreciate the brevity of your posting....Micah is attempting to start a new church here in Austin and I would appreciate a copy of the letter given to the congregation and any other details that would help me toward a decision whether to join the church or support it though our local church.

Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

July 20 2011, 12:02 PM 

Anon, I do not have a copy of the letter which was written, nor do I recall what it said. Perhaps it can be found somewhere else online.

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

July 20 2011, 12:09 PM 

I might also add that while I don't remember the specifics of the letter, it was basically a "if you don't agree with the changes, you are free to leave" type letter. From my comments, it would seem that there were also statements about him being in charge and to question his decisions was a sin. I will check to see if I can still find it online.

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

July 20 2011, 12:37 PM 

Here is a link to a forum regarding this issue. It contains portions of the letter and some good commentary. Basically, if you voted against "Pastor" Micah, then you were automatically kicked out of the congregation. There is no way on this earth that I would consider becoming a member of this man's church (and it is just that - a man's church.) http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4419530

Respond to this message   
Austin
(Login texasestate)

Tom, want more info if you know...

November 25 2013, 3:58 PM 

What is the rest of the story here? What happened to Gardendale Baptist? Did they try to change the name to Real Life and fail? I saw the building was sold in late 2007 to a holding company for $2.5 million or so. So can only assume the entire church failed and the members disbanded. John Gilbert signed the warranty deed. What happened to him? Where did the proceeds from the sale of the property go? Grantor is Real Life Fellowship (f/k/a Gardendale Baptist Church). Can only assume that they used the money to start Real Life. Blew up one church to start another? Micah Davidson just bought a house in Austin pretty close to mine in fact. Everyone listed on the website as leaders have a financial interest in the church's success no doubt from what I've found on court dockets, etc. Would love more insight if you have any. God bless and thank you.

Respond to this message   
Joseph
(Login GIJoe1984)

Pastor Micah

November 16 2015, 7:54 AM 

Hello,
Would you be willing to share the information you have on this? Pastor Micah was just hired at my church and am very concerned.

Thanks,
Joseph

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Pastor Micah

November 16 2015, 7:48 PM 

This thread is about dead: not many will read it here. You might post your question at:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/150389

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Pastor Micah

December 30 2015, 6:27 PM 

Gardendale, Real Life Portland, Fellowship. Open your eyes people. Where there is smoke, there's fire

Respond to this message   
Joey D.
(no login)

Kick out of Church Letter

August 27 2016, 2:13 AM 

Joseph,

I'll share my experience. I still have my kicked out of church letter, and I will see what else I can find. I frequently travel to Austin, I could meet up with you or email you whatever information I have.

You should be very concerned. This guy destroyed my church. I'm trying to figure out how to raise millions of dollars to get it back 12 years later. Sometimes you don't realize the true value of something you once had until it's lost.

I drove by Gardendale Baptist chirch today and I see that it is slowly being wiped out by narcicism.

The homeless ministry building where my Mom would help give the homeless food and supplies was replaced by a Contender Cross Fit gym.

The field between the church and the former homeless ministry was used in the past for so many wonderful seasonal and sporting events, such as Christmas and football. We would have little carnivals there too and invite the public and minister while having a good time. Now, its being replaced by an outdoor storage unit facility that is currently under construction. A great place of many memories and fun that was just an empty field replaced by this ugly building so people can hoard their junk.

The chapel on the corner has been torn down along with a beautiful brick wall sign that once read "Gardendale" and had three crosses above it. It all illuminated too and faced one of the most busiest intersections in town. The floral and landscaping all gone. I remember a mother donated $25,000 to have this sign put up in memory of her son who had died. It is very sad to see it demolished even after several promises that it wouldn't be. It has now been replaced with cheap cardboard signs of several people running for office, such as Blake Farenthold (US Congressman).

The church, the gymnasium and several classroooms remain, but they are currently occupied by some sort of medical treatment company called the Coastal Bend Wellness Foundation.

Respond to this message   
Barbara Fox
(no login)

former pastor Terry Fox starting church in CC

September 12 2016, 9:47 AM 

I noticed your post, and I want to tell you that Pastor Terry Fox, my husband, and a group of former Gardendale Baptist Church people are starting a church. Pator Terry and I were here from 1987 to 1996. We call those glory days for Gardendale. God used that church to win many people to Christ. When we left, we were called to pastor a church in Wichita, Kansas. We have recently come back to Corpus Christi and are trying to start a church called Summit Church Texas. We are trying to purchase the building near Saratoga and Weber, it used to be Central Christian Church. We would love to talk with you. Right now the church is meeting in a building at 5130 Kostoryz behind the McDonalds near the intersection of SPID and Kostoryz. It is a temporary space with a Cravey for sale sign in front.

Pastor Bobby Graham, former associate pastor with us from Gardendale, and then pastor at Morgan Avenue Baptist church is helping us.
Pastor Pat Bullock, former pastor of Annaville Baptist Church, is helping us.
Former missionaries Orman and Elizabeth Gwynn are also helping us.
We want to invite you to come be a part. Pastor Terry is preaching Wednesday night at 7:00 pm if you can come. You can also watch his sermons on facebook. Look for Summit Church Texas.

Please give us a call.

Pastor Terry Fox
316-641-8832

Respond to this message   
Jeff
(no login)

Rumors are not proven, this is fact. Open your eyes.

July 31 2004, 5:07 AM 

Amber, Why do you call this rumors? Was the letter Micah Davidson sent out with church money rumors? No! You know and I know what he's up to. He can't stand to be proven wrong by anyone. Also show me in the bible where is says just because someone is perceived to be nice that they are good. The reason everyone voted for him to lead the church is because they were intimidated by all the video cameras aimed at them during the open vote (showing of hands). He knew that would humiliate the opposition. Now his..I mean Gardendale Baptist Church is the laughing stock of Christianity. I never in my lifetime thought that would happen. It's ironic how he met with members the week after this incident took place to discuss the vote from the Sunday before. Not only is he ungodly, he is a coward. My opinion. If he thinks he didn't do anything wrong, he really needs help. All I do is keep praying that he doesn't do anymore damage to the name of God and Jesus. And as far as Deacon Jimmy Dodson calling it all a bad divorce. I was always taught as a Christian, there is no such thing as a divorce..Check marrage vows. You are married to your spouse and Jesus for life..I suggest everyone pray for Micah Davidson. Jesus will forgive anyone and everyone..

Respond to this message   
One of "The Group"
(no login)

It's only gossip if it did not affect you

August 2 2004, 8:50 AM 

But, this did affect me directly. We did ask him many times if these "homegroups" were eventually going to take the place of Sunday Night Service> And he lied to us with that "very nice smile" and said no. That same very nice guy treated the mostly elderly congrgation that assembled one Sunday night on their own (who with or without a pastor were going to meet and pray for one another and share testimonies of God's grace)with great disrespect and used the pulpit as a place from which to hurl anger and bitterness thinly disguised with scripture. Precious Holy Words were mixed with a long nasty story about his daughters excriment. We have seen those sweet blue eyes of his well up with haughtiness and declare "I Will Not Preach on Sunday Night!!" Apalling! That is some of what I have seen(not gossip!)of the very nice man who made some bad choices in caring for the beautiful loving flock God gave to him

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: It's only gossip if it did not affect you

November 20 2006, 8:34 AM 

And now Micah has traded in scripture for chicken Soup stories. God's messages of grace and peace for stings of jokes and personal stories. Ministries that once abounded for the care of the poor and humble that live all around Gardendale have been exchanged for what's flashy and hip. it's so sad. Perhaps like watching the prodigal squander his fathers blessing. Thankfully other pastors have been called into the area to provide what Gardendale use to provide to this area of town. a light in the darknesss.

Respond to this message   
Brant Stubblefield
(no login)

SOUND THE ALARM !!!!

December 19 2004, 10:09 PM 

This man is a BAPTIST "pastor", and he needs to read 1 Timothy 3, Phil 1:1, Titus 1, and all the other passages about the duties and qualifications of elders/pastors/shepards,etc. Brethren, and our baptist friends, if you have or endorse the "one man pastor system, you commit sin !!! Because, such is without proper Biblical AUTHORITY!!! 1 Peter 4:11, Col 3:17, etc

LET THE BIBLE SPEAK, and the baptists study some more!!

Love, B. Stubblefield
Lindsay, Ok

Respond to this message   
elgin
(no login)

Can't Lose what you don't have

August 20 2004, 1:23 AM 

In the case of the pastor getting rid of the 165 members in that baptist church they was never saved and he might have done them more of favor than harm because now maybe they will see that what man build, man has absolute authority to do what he will.
I hope that they all will come into the knowledge of the truth, denominationalism is a sin and the only truth is the word of God.
To you that has been kicked out, take it as a blessing and become a member of the Lords church
To you that are still in get out before it's everlasting to late
The Church of Church
You can Have salvation if you Choose it.
God Bless

Respond to this message   
Sue Ackerman
(no login)

Where is the pastor's letter?

January 10 2010, 6:49 PM 

I have recently started attending a branch of Real Life Fellowship in Hartwell, Ga. I found this site because someone called me from a Texas phone number. The number led me to this site. I was very interested in reading what was here, but I notice that Pastor Davidson's letter is no longer available online. Does anyone have a copy of it that I could read? Please email it to me at susanlackerman@gmail.com. I would be very interested to see what Pastor Davidson had to say in his own defense. Sincerely, Sue Ackerman

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened At the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter