Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?......Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  

Overlake "Christian" Church now Purpose Driven Circus., Redmond, Wa

February 2 2005 at 7:26 PM
Tim Holmquist  (no login)
from IP address 204.252.157.65

Overlake Church, in Redmond, Wa., their Pastor (Rick Kingham), their Elders, Counseling Dept. and staff members have bought into the Ecumenical and Apostasy of the Purpose Driven Nightmare. Overlake no longer stands for Covenant Marriage, no longer preaches Biblically, they promote humanistic psychological counseling, tolerate open sin and will not confront the unrepentant sinner. Overlake apparently believes that God winks at our sin God is love. Stop. I believe our real purpose is to be obedient and be salt and light. Overlake is neither. Overlake has become so liberal that they cancelled their long time Awana program in favor of some "new thing" program for kids, deficient in Bible. As a vice-president of Promise Keepers, Pastor Rick Kingham heavily promotes the ecumenical men's movement. I, personally, have attended the only three Promise Keepers gatherings at Seattle's (former) Kingdome. My eyes were finally opened when my son and I sat next to an openly unrepentant homosexual couple at the last event, who with arms raised, "worshipped" Jesus alongside all the other 60,000 or so men. Talk about psychological unity! There was "another" spirit present, surely not the Holy Spirit. Pastor Rick is frequently heard quoting Henry Blackaby (the Canon is scripture is reopened, promoting the unbiblical Alpha Course, Purpose Driven Life, quoting "Mother" Theresa, whose quotes were hung on the walls of the main mallway early in the summer of 2003. Rick loves to talk about God's love, our purpose, new experiences, "sensing in his spirit", "knowing in his knower", and much more experience-driven nonsense. God help any Shepherd of the Flock who leads the sheep into Apostasy. After 14 years at Overlake, I had to leave. Silence Screams.

This message has been edited by ConcernedMembers from IP address 65.1.116.54 on Feb 3, 2005 8:38 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

Church is from CIRCE which means CIRCUS!

February 3 2005, 11:13 AM 

Tim, I spent 18 of my best years in Seattle: first with Honeywell's Seattle Development Lab and later with Western Marine Electronics which I helped co found. I was a deacon and then elder at the Northwest Church of Christ.

In about 1978 we imported an exodus group from Broadway in Lubbock. Their working paper was called VANGUARD. Well, it didn't take long for the Vanguard to INFILTRATE and then DIVERT. Milton Jones and David Lawrence were the driving forces and got too much CHURCH GROWTH and charisma out of Fuller. I remember Overlake as a growth directed church but it seemed to depend on service rather than what is nothing short of witchcraft.

Probably at the 1996 Coaches Patty Party in Atlanta their WALLS were truly broken down and I have no doubt that people can be HARD WIRED into apostasy in one easy experience with about 40,000 other CLERGY. I had left there in 1980 but after Atlanta they set a course which included the apparent permission to lie, cheat, use a lawyer and "steal the church house of widows." The "owners" were effectively forced to leave because to OPPOSE the changes would be to SOW DISCORD.

The final blow probably came when they put everyone already brain dead through the Blackaby heresy. They truly come away believing that they are the MOSES or even CHRIST for their time and place with MORE authority and power than the 'olden guys.' After several calls for help (now in Tennessee) I discovered to my amazement that I was using the Blackby book as a mousepad having inherited it from my Baptist aunt. I did a quick review and have posted it here:

http://www.piney-2.com/HsExper.html

The PK has resorted to the old SHEPHERDING movement because only MIND CONTROL as a cult will allow them to do what they want to do as they swipe peacable churches. This has been picked up with some BIG GUNS in churches of Christ

While this is an old review, the formation of the Sons of Shamgar as part of PK at Northwest will give you a clue. The young boys as part of their PHALLIC JOURNEY were formed into an ancient tribal maturity ceremony which was always somewhat perverted to make boys into TRUE MEN. The boys ran around with an OXGOAD like the murderous weapon of Shamgar apparently to prove to the young tribal girls that they were heap big cave men and assuredly- -consistent with Blackaby's Baptist background THE BOSS of the wife. Even when you didn't have an oxen to GOAD you still had a wife and the oxgoad is an eternal PHALLIC SYMBOL. You can see them holding up the drunk and perverted Greek dancers in vase paintings.

http://www.piney-2.html/MuSonsShamgar.html

The loss of DOMINATING POWER was proof that the males had lost their manhood. Apparently that appeals to more people than we want to admit. It is a fact according to Navigators that preachers run 85% Effeminate or feminine-oriented with the congregathion running 85 MASCULINE meaning rational-spiritual directed. These guys went through The Masculine Journey and you don't want to know too much about it. They were forced to drop Hicks's book but not his method. When you read about these guys oooing and aaahing after their EXPERIENCE you know why there is a need for a MASCULINE JOURNEY. The CIRCE or CIRCUS experience is that of the prophesied Holy Whore of Paul's Revelation.

Max Lucado was a founding Vice President of PK and he is promoting Shepherding or Discipling along with Lynn Anderson and Rubel Shelly who claims new GLASSES to get a NEW VISION for the church because the story of Jesus in the Bible has been outmoded because we now have EVOLVED EYES. One John Mark Hicks of David Lipscomb promotes the Lord's Supper as a sacrificial meal where god feeds.

The Bellvue Church of Christ followed Jones--Lawrence into this heresy but after firing the elders and preachers they are back on track. Elders have NO authority if they are not "teaching that which has been taught and you CAN fire them." You need to believe and promote the fact there there IS NO LAW OF PREACHING and there is NO LAW OF GIVING. So, "cut them off above the knees" and they will quit dancing with Baal. You need to get the word out to quit enabling these gone-mad people by taking their ALLOWANCE away.

Ken

Respond to this message   
Tim Holmquist
(no login)

Thanks, Ken.

February 3 2005, 1:33 PM 

Ken, I appreciate your input. What I didn't write in my initial summary was that my separated (3rd time in as many years) wife (18 yr. marriage) continues to attend Overlake. The last time she filed for divorce was last month and I sent Overlake Pastor, R... K......, Elder S.... B.... and counseling head, D.. C...., all a copy of the divorce petition, along with my contact numbers. I have heard nothing. Overlake and her "counselor, one Ms. M... G...., a twice-divorced single lady on staff there, has empowered my wife's flesh and has continued to cuddle her as a "victim". The truth of the matter is, there is and never has been any good fruit or evidence of salvation since she walked down a Baptist church isle at eleven. I believe she is a false convert. They have treated her as a believer. Well, God is indeed good. I recently sent a letter of concern to J.. H......., Pastor of Northshore Community Church, around the corner from my home in Bothell. I sent the letter after signs of invitation for our neighbors to attend both the Alpha Course and Forty days of Purpose, were erected along the street. I sent the letter respectfully but out of concern for unsuspecting attendees to either conference. The reply I received back was basically; (Pragmatism) "If it works, God is in it, we are right...you are wrong."Even so, Lord Jesus, come QUICKLY. Tim.

This message has been edited by ConcernedMembers from IP address 65.1.116.54 on Feb 3, 2005 1:59 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened At the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral