Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?......Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  
B
(no login)

What's my interest?

April 13 2005, 11:29 AM 

First, I think the warning bell has been sounded. Again and again and again.

Second, according to their website, at least one of these posters seems to be part of a pretty influential family at this church. If he is willing to be candid, we might get some actual insight into the process that brought them to this point.

Third, unlike some folks here, I would find it more interesting to hear what the people who are actually involved in the situation have to say, than to hear how some one can connect it over 6 degrees of separation to Zoe and something sexual.

Maybe if we listen, we can actually learn something (and still disagree with it if we think it's wrong).

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

website links

April 14 2005, 4:39 PM 

Yes, check out their website and see the links to Edward Fudge and Rubel Shelly messages on it! Are you blind?

Respond to this message   
puzzled
(no login)

name change

April 13 2005, 4:23 PM 

I think that what Paul was trying to say in Romans 16:16 was "greet each other with a holy kiss. The called out of Christ greet you." and not "this is what you should put on your sign out front."

Other "biblical" names.
The Way Acts 9:2
The Church at ...Acts 8:1
The Church of God 1 Corinthians 1:2
The Church of the ...... 1 Thessalonians 1:1
God's Household 1 Timothy 3:15
The Church of the Living God 1 Timothy 3:15
The Church of the Firstborn Hebrews 12:23
The Body of Christ 1 Corinthians 12:27
The Church in ....... Revelation 2:8

So let's quit getting bent out of shape when the sign gets changed.

btw, what has happened to the holy kiss?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: name change

April 14 2005, 10:00 AM 

Check Romans 16:16 and see what you get for the Truth

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

ALWAYS church of Christ!

April 18 2005, 6:07 PM 

He that is PUZZLED let him be PUZZLED still: Puzzled missed MANY more proofs that the church is the church of CHRIST. It is his body so if you call it THE CHURCH you fail to do all in HIS Name. The holy whore of Babylon is CIRCE and she used music and magical inchantments and drugs to SEEK new members.,

They also called Jesus Beel-zebul:: So, how about naming YOUR church the Church of Baal. We will name the preacher Lord of Flies. How about we call your wife Jezebel?

Jesus is the Christ of God. That is, Christ is God IN the PERSON of a human because He deals with humans in a human dimension. Nevertheless, the CHRIST of God sent HIMSELF just as he is sent as ARM or ROCK. Therefore, to be answer the invitation (electons) one must put their total confidence in Christ as the SON or WORD or visible expression of the invisible God. If you are ashamed of the name--even if others give it a bad name--then you have had your FOUNDATION flooded away. In fact, there can BE NO work of Christ in the world which does not seem contemptible in the eyes of the world:
    He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Matt 16:15

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. Matt 16:16

He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ OF God. Lu.9:20

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. Matt 16:17

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Matt 16:18

With the eunuch nothing could HINDER him asking for baptism after hearing the PROPHECY of Christ would be the inability to make that confession. With Cornelius, hs PRAISE of God made perfectly clear in the language of the Jews meant that no one could PREVENT his baptism. Christ is not the CENTER: Christ is THE body and He is the Living head of the body. If you put Him AT THE CENTER or the so called CORE GOSPEL that means that ALL OF THE REST belongs to me. It is a CODE WORD.

This is the same ROCK which provided the water of the Word. He is the anointed (Christ) as the seven spirits or lamps on the Menorah. If you take the NAME off you take the BRANCH out and the lights are gone.

PUZZLED: The Way Acts 9:2

Church is discipline or school: the WAY of Christ is the CHURCH of Christ
    And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this WAY, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. Acts 9:2

Jesus saith unto him, I am the WAY, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Jn.14:6

For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the WAY of the Lord, make his paths straight. Mt.3:3

For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my WAYS which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church. 1Co.4:17

The WAY is the church of body or school of Christ

PUZZLED: The Church at ...Acts 8:1
    AND Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was AT Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles. Acts 8:1
"AT" is not a name: Only God who shed His "blood" purchased the church. Christ only built one. Therefore anytime the word is used of a faithful congregation a CHURCH is the church of Christ. Removing the NAME is what all did to keep from being martyrs. If someone else brings reproach on the name of Christ--even accusing Christians of being cannabals--you don't DENY Christ even when the tigers are chewing your bones. Shame.

Respond to this message   
Kimberly
(no login)

What a shame

April 19 2005, 11:02 PM 

Today as I was watching the sunset, I began praising God for the beauty He created. Last week while traveling, seeing the ocean and the beautiful scenery I praised God. As the wind blows thru my hair as I am in my own backyard, I feel the presence of God. I am even in praise when I am teaching my work out class or taking one at the gym, ever so grateful that I am able to move and do these things. When I feel joy I believe it comes from above. I am in coversation and praise so many times thru out the day and it dawned on me. There is no Church of Christ written above my home, at the beach or any of the many places I feel Gods blessings and His presence. What a shame that the name on a building dictates whether you are in Gods presence or able to worship Him. You are missing out on so much time conversing and thanking and praising. I can even feel his presence in my home listening to music, He is with me all the time. In restaurants, stores and my car. I feel so blessed that I am not restricted on when and where My Lord and Savior makes His presence known to me. What a shame for you as you are missing out on some quality time. You spend what, a few hours in your CHURCH OF CHRIST building. My church of Christ is my daily walk, My church of Christ is my home and my time wih my family and friends. And for any Christian to say "I hate when people say I will pray for you," I really wonder where your heart and your intentions are. I thank God that we do not have believers like that at Park Hill Church, A Christ Centered fellowship. For I believe a man who would rebuke the prayers of another would not be availabe to pray for me. And that is one of the many things you can count on at Park Hill Church. It obviously is not the place for you, however if you walked in our doors today we would still embrace you with Gods love because that is the kind of folks we are. Nonjudgemental, loving caring Christians doing our best to Glorify God.

My prayers too are with you, even if you do not want them.

In His Holy Name
Kimberly Hardick

Respond to this message   
shane
(no login)

thank you

April 20 2005, 9:36 AM 

Kimberly,
Thank you so much for the words you expressed above. I praise God for people like and I pray that you have blessed day and week. Thank you again for bringing some hope and kindness to this hateful website!

Shane

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Shaney?

April 20 2005, 12:11 PM 

Is this the Shane who just sent me an e-mail with more hate than I have had in a month

He claims that he is a STUDENT PASTOR. Hey, Shane, you cannot go to school be be and ELDER as the ONLY pastor-teacher orgained by God to FEED the sheep with the Word of God and NOT construct some silly, paganistic, legalistic WORSHIP SERVICES.

The "pastors" or elders did not HAVE a pulpit. They were pointed out because they were ALREADY laboring to the point of exhaustion in preaching and teaching. Then, Shaney, you just have to AGE IN THE WOOD for a long time to become a Pastor or elder.

There ARE NO SADDLES on a faithful church or synagogue or school of Christ. Paull commanded that the ONLY pastors or elders "teach that which has been taught." To Timothy he commanded to "give attendance to the public reading or the Word" and to the doctrine contained therein and to admonishing that they observe what they read. They ate the Lord's supper--minus any singy-clappy praise songs, whistling or clapping by the STUDENTS. They looked around for anyone who was DESTITUTE and IF anyone had prospered THEN they gave it to the hands of the DESTITUTE. There is no command, example or inference for a collection plate to feed an able bodied man who must GO and preach what has been preached or "neither shall he eat."

Shane is mad because this forum intends to get all of the parasites with Phds who do not WANT to hear any Bible discussed and who will NOT preach the Word OFF the backs of widows and honest, hard working people who cannot affort to buy medicine for sick children while you do Dunkin Donuts with the Clergy Class.

If I manufactured Buggy Whips and someone tried to fire me then I might get mad also. I worked for the Railroad while attending college: they called it FEATHERBEDDING.

Ken

Respond to this message   
shane
(no login)

just a response

April 20 2005, 3:27 PM 

Ken,
First things first: Learn to type and use spell check. Wait....did they have computers in Jesus time? Bet not!

Second, thank you for you words on this website. I want you to know that I do not agree with you in any way, but I respect you. I want a generous orthodoxy that allows me to love those who do not love me. I was mean and hateful in my email and for that I ask for forgiveness. I believe Satan is alive and well on this website and I was sucked into the trap. Please Mr. Sublett, remember that God is love and love will always win. I hope you have great life and I will see you in heaven with the Pope, Baptists, and anyone else that calls on the name of Jesus

In Him,
Shaney

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Calling on the Name

April 20 2005, 6:01 PM 

There is only one meaning to CALLING ON THE NAME OF THE LORD.

That is you REQUEST a clear conscience or consiousness or a CO-perception ONLY at the time and place of water baptism. The Pope has never called on the name of the Lord: He IS the Lord. Didn't you know that.

If you are going to study to become a GRANDFATHER then you might quite hating the Word and those who teach it without sweating one drop about that little pagan hour on Sunday.

The Bible defines baptism as Calling on the Name of the Lord: the Greek literature proves the meaning. Ala Max Lucado you even mistranslate the NIV and claim that you just call God: "Father." He says that A pledge of a good conscience means that we are saved when we might just look up into the sky and say: Ahhh! Then you MIGHT be baptized to PLEDGE to be a good boy. No one has anything to PLEDGE with God. That would be the ultimate LEGALISM.

The NIV translates the word as a PLEDGE only once out of 10 times and guess where it popped up: 1 Peter 3:21. In all other translations they are honest enough to know that the word means ASK OR REQUEST that God give us A holy spirit or A good consiousness or A heart sprinkled FROM and evil consciousness: all related to water baptism.

You guys have slipped radically beyond the presumed Calvinistic FAITH ONLY which Calvin and Luther reject. Now, you JUST SAY "DADDY." I was in Seattle when Bill Gates was a nerd. He used to attend our Board Meetings. I think I will return to Seattle and call Bill Gates: "Daddy." I could have had a billion or two of that if I hadn't given a year after retirement to the church. Know what, after I left the Jubilee-Zoe types lied, cheated and stole the church houses of widows and drove them out into the cold. You and Maxey think that CALLING is ok but that has NO reference to the Historical Christianity and the Bible. It is PURE MAX or WAX.

Here is a tidbit and I will feed you some more data on the meaning of CALLING on God: He elects or invites or calls through the Gospel. We call back and REQUEST what he has offered free of charge.

http://www.piney.com/BapCalling.html

At going on 75 and having spend many years as an elder I KNOW that you cannot attend classes to get maturity.

By the way, did you notice the Pope's hats along with the Cardinals (hinges of the church): well, it is a FISH HEAD. The Pope is from sucking in paganism the Priest of Dagon.

When the Dagonites made Samson SPORT you wont believe what they DID to him. The same word means Musical Idolatry as "the Rose up to Play" and the same word defines David's Dirty Dance with music. This is also a picture of EA a second incarnation of Lamech in Babylon. He is the patron god of music. Ea (Inanna, ZOE) got him drunk and stole the POWERS of the eldership, making instrumental music, navigating the seven gates of hell and sexual perversion. There is NO other MARK for music AS worship.

You might have noticed that the YOUTH flocked to the Pope because he REFUSED to make the church and its music in the IMAGE of Rock and Roll which is VOODOO. They will spit Max and Rubel out like a bug and honor those who do not STARVE them to death for the Water of the Word BY the use of wine, women and song. Take another look at Amos 5.

Ken

Respond to this message   
shane
(no login)

am I saved

April 21 2005, 9:54 AM 

Ken,

I was baptized by my father in a Church of Christ at the age of 16. I like to clap and praise God with instruments. I also work as a minister in the Churches of Chirst and attend camp with Max's Church Oak Hills. Am I still going to heaven? Does God love me? Shoot me straight!

Shaney

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

I don't DO salvatio!

April 21 2005, 11:47 AM 

I asked three adult daughters and one wife if they ever wanted to "sing, dance and and clap." They all said NO! Not even the women in my life ever fell into such effeminate antics.

Sure, you can rise up to PLAY in David's VILE ritual if you want but the Israelite also ROSE up to PLAY at Mount Sinai and got slapped in the face with LEAGALISM to regulate a nation sentenced to WORSHIP LIKE THE NATIONS. There is nothing more ancient, pagan superstition, leagalistic and polluting than the "musical prophesiers" who were the world's OLDEST profession. In the modern world there is nothing more legalistic and sectarianizing than to HELP god prop up the skies.

However, when you force your performance onto other people then this is the Lucifer or ZOE principle: you are seeking to BLEED OFF WORSHIP for yourself. The king/queeny of Tyre was indwelled by Lucifer (who is given some hope by Max Lucao who pictures him struggling with God to keep Jesus as a VIAL OF LIGHT from entering Mary. Pure pagan gnosticism of which ZOE is the mark an mother harlot.

At TYRE she is called the "singing and harp playing prostitute." It seems that HE wanted to be remembered as a MALE.

As the king/queeny of Babylon he/she went into hell with his/her harps and harpists to rot on a bed of maggots.

I can tell you that Jesus CAST OUT the musical minstrels as one CASTS OUT DUNG because the minstrels were prostitutes and under the regulation of the cemetary and dung heep people.

I can tell you that this CAST OUT is used of Lucifer and means to "play the flute, steal other people's grapes, pollute or prostitute."

I can tell you that Satan or Apollo or Abaddon or Apollyon who is the ALREADY FALLEN star has probably turned the MUSES or LOCUSTS or musical performers LOOSE on the world to SEPARATE people with different Marks.

I can tell you that these people spoken in symbols in Revelation 18:22 will go back into hell with the Harlot Worship leader.

I can tell you that there is no exception in the literature which would distinguish you from the prostitutes and Sodomites who loved to hang around pagan temples. That is why people RUN or as at Mount Sinal laught AT you more than laugh WITH you.

I can tell you that if you hang around people who turn the Word of God into FICTION you will be under the same DILUSION. In Hebrew that WRATH is identified when God sends "buffoons" to delude the blind.

I can tell you that Max invented His INSPIRED TEXT for instrumental music probably from a VISION. However, it is quite identical to the Farmer's Branch White paper full of white lies sent to me to prove that I could not repudiate it. They LIED about every musical word and name of instrument in the Bible.

Here is Max's rationale which is his PROOF for what he intended to do all along by JUST having soft strings in another room somewhere. You know the meaning of INFILTRATE and DIVERT?

http://www.piney.com/Oak.Hills.Music.html

Here is the FACTS which MARKS you as something you MIGHT not be or want to be OUTED.

http://www.piney.com/Farmers-Branch-Music.html

http://www.piney.com/Farmers-Branch-MusicB.html

http://www.piney.com/Farmers-Branch-Nagan.html

http://www.piney.com/Farmers-Branch-Experiment.html

If you can repudiate the Bible from Lucifer, to the SERPENT in the garden of Eden, to all of the Old Testament examples, to the acted parables of Jesus, to the direct commands of Paul, to Revelation 18:22, to ALL of church theologians, to ALL of denominational founders and to the MAJORITY of the world's worshipers ang feel superior the who am I to question you.

God must be giving YOU visions along with Max to fly in the face of ALL history with no more connection of MUSIC to the Christian SYNAGOGUE or school of the bible than to ritual sodomy right there in the temple.

And yet, I can see why you would rather hang yourself on Max Lucado's throne than on Jesus Cross. Lots of people do that and find that they have no place in faithful churches of Christ and not even the denominations will trust you when you INFILTRATE and DIVERT to steal the church houses of weeping widows.

Eat, drink and make Mary.

Ken

Respond to this message   
Kimberly Hardick
(no login)

This speaks for itself

April 21 2005, 11:22 PM 

Play musical instruments to praise God, and do it skillfully - Psalm 33:2-3, 43:4, 71:22, 92:3, 149:3, 150:3-5

Praise him with dancing - Psalm 150:3, 30:11, 149:3
Lift up your hands to Him - Psalm 63:4

Be creative in your praise (write or sing God a NEW song, not always the same old one) - Psalm 33:3, 149:1

2Sam. 6:3 They set the ark of God on a new cart and brought it from the house of Abinadab, which was on the hill. Uzzah and Ahio, sons of Abinadab, were guiding the new cart 4with the ark of God on it, and Ahio was walking in front of it. 5David and the whole house of Israel were celebrating with all their might before the LORD, with songs and with harps, lyres, tambourines, sistrums and cymbals.

1Kgs. 1:39 Zadok the priest took the horn of oil from the sacred tent and anointed Solomon. Then they sounded the trumpet and all the people shouted, "Long live King Solomon!" 40And all the people went up after him, playing flutes and rejoicing greatly, so that the ground shook with the sound.

1Kgs. 10:11 (Hiram's ships brought gold from Ophir; and from there they brought great cargoes of almugwood and precious stones. 12The king used the almugwood to make supports for the temple of the LORD and for the royal palace, and to make harps and lyres for the musicians. So much almugwood has never been imported or seen since that day.)

2Kgs. 3:14 Elisha said, "As surely as the LORD Almighty lives, whom I serve, if I did not have respect for the presence of Jehoshaphat king of Judah, I would not look at you or even notice you. 15But now bring me a harpist." While the harpist was playing, the hand of the LORD came upon Elisha 16and he said, "This is what the LORD says: Make this valley full of ditches. 17For this is what the LORD says: You will see neither wind nor rain, yet this valley will be filled with water, and you, your cattle and your other animals will drink. 18This is an easy thing in the eyes of the LORD; he will also hand Moab over to you.

1Chr. 9:33 Those who were musicians, heads of Levite families, stayed in the rooms of the temple and were exempt from other duties because they were responsible for the work day and night. 34All these were heads of Levite families, chiefs as listed in their genealogy, and they lived in Jerusalem.

1Chr. 13:7 They moved the ark of God from Abinadab's house on a new cart, with Uzzah and Ahio guiding it. 8David and all the Israelites were celebrating with all their might before God, with songs and with harps, lyres, tambourines, cymbals and trumpets.

1Chr. 15:15 And the Levites carried the ark of God with the poles on their shoulders, as Moses had commanded in accordance with the word of the LORD. 16David told the leaders of the Levites to appoint their brothers as singers to sing joyful songs, accompanied by musical instruments: lyres, harps and cymbals. 17So the Levites appointed Heman son of Joel; from his brothers, Asaph son of Berekiah; and from their brothers the Merarites, Ethan son of Kushaiah; 18and with them their brothers next in rank: Zechariah, Jaaziel, Shemiramoth, Jehiel, Unni, Eliab, Benaiah, Maaseiah, Mattithiah, Eliphelehu, Mikneiah, Obed-edom and Jeiel, the gatekeepers. 19The musicians Heman, Asaph and Ethan were to sound the bronze cymbals; 20Zechariah, Aziel, Shemiramoth, Jehiel, Unni, Eliab, Maaseiah and Benaiah were to play the lyres according to alamoth, 21and Mattithiah, Eliphelehu, Mikneiah, Obed-edom, Jeiel and Azaziah were to play the harps, directing according to sheminith. 22Kenaniah the head Levite was in charge of the singing; that was his responsibility because he was skillful at it.

1Chr. 15:25 So David and the elders of Israel and the commanders of units of a thousand went to bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD from the house of Obed-edom, with rejoicing. 26Because God had helped the Levites who were carrying the ark of the covenant of the LORD, seven bulls and seven rams were sacrificed. 27Now David was clothed in a robe of fine linen, as were all the Levites who were carrying the ark, and as were the singers, and Kenaniah, who was in charge of the singing of the choirs. David also wore a linen ephod. 28So all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the LORD with shouts, with the sounding of rams' horns and trumpets, and of cymbals, and the playing of lyres and harps. 29As the ark of the covenant of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David dancing and celebrating, she despised him in her heart.

1Chr. 16:4 He appointed some of the Levites to minister before the ark of the LORD, to make petition, to give thanks, and to praise the LORD, the God of Israel: 5Asaph was the chief, Zechariah second, then Jeiel, Shemiramoth, Jehiel, Mattithiah, Eliab, Benaiah, Obed-edom and Jeiel. They were to play the lyres and harps, Asaph was to sound the cymbals, 6and Benaiah and Jahaziel the priests were to blow the trumpets regularly before the ark of the covenant of God.

1Chr. 23:4 David said, "Of these, twenty-four thousand are to supervise the work of the temple of the LORD and six thousand are to be officials and judges. 5Four thousand are to be gatekeepers and four thousand are to praise the LORD with the musical instruments I have provided for that purpose."

1Chr. 25:1 David, together with the commanders of the army, set apart some of the sons of Asaph, Heman and Jeduthun for the ministry of prophesying, accompanied by harps, lyres and cymbals. Here is the list of the men who performed this service: 2From the sons of Asaph: Zaccur, Joseph, Nethaniah and Asarelah. The sons of Asaph were under the supervision of Asaph, who prophesied under the king's supervision. 3As for Jeduthun, from his sons: Gedaliah, Zeri, Jeshaiah, Shimei, Hashabiah and Mattithiah, six in all, under the supervision of their father Jeduthun, who prophesied, using the harp in thanking and praising the LORD. 4As for Heman, from his sons: Bukkiah, Mattaniah, Uzziel, Shubael and Jerimoth; Hananiah, Hanani, Eliathah, Giddalti and Romamti-ezer; Joshbekashah, Mallothi, Hothir and Mahazioth. 5All these were sons of Heman the king's seer. They were given him through the promises of God to exalt him. God gave Heman fourteen sons and three daughters. 6All these men were under the supervision of their fathers for the music of the temple of the LORD, with cymbals, lyres and harps, for the ministry at the house of God.

2Chr. 5:12 All the Levites who were musicians --Asaph, Heman, Jeduthun and their sons and relatives --stood on the east side of the altar, dressed in fine linen and playing cymbals, harps and lyres. They were accompanied by 120 priests sounding trumpets. 13The trumpeters and singers joined in unison, as with one voice, to give praise and thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, they raised their voices in praise to the LORD and sang: "He is good; his love endures forever." Then the temple of the LORD was filled with a cloud, 14and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the temple of God.
2Chr. 7:5 And King Solomon offered a sacrifice of twenty-two thousand head of cattle and a hundred and twenty thousand sheep and goats. So the king and all the people dedicated the temple of God. 6The priests took their positions, as did the Levites with the LORD's musical instruments, which King David had made for praising the LORD and which were used when he gave thanks, saying, "His love endures forever." Opposite the Levites, the priests blew their trumpets, and all the Israelites were standing.

2Chr. 9:10 (The men of Hiram and the men of Solomon brought gold from Ophir; they also brought algumwood and precious stones. 11The king used the algumwood to make steps for the temple of the LORD and for the royal palace, and to make harps and lyres for the musicians. Nothing like them had ever been seen in Judah.)

2Chr. 15:14 They took an oath to the LORD with loud acclamation, with shouting and with trumpets and horns. 15All Judah rejoiced about the oath because they had sworn it wholeheartedly. They sought God eagerly, and he was found by them. So the LORD gave them rest on every side
2Chr. 20:20 Early in the morning they left for the Desert of Tekoa. As they set out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, "Listen to me, Judah and people of Jerusalem! Have faith in the LORD your God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful." 21After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the LORD and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: "Give thanks to the LORD, for his love endures forever." 22As they began to sing and praise, the LORD set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated. . . . 27Then, led by Jehoshaphat, all the men of Judah and Jerusalem returned joyfully to Jerusalem, for the LORD had given them cause to rejoice over their enemies. 28They entered Jerusalem and went to the temple of the LORD with harps and lutes and trumpets. 29The fear of God came upon all the kingdoms of the countries when they heard how the LORD had fought against the enemies of Israel.

2Chr. 23:12 When Athaliah heard the noise of the people running and cheering the king, she went to them at the temple of the LORD. 13She looked, and there was the king, standing by his pillar at the entrance. The officers and the trumpeters were beside the king, and all the people of the land were rejoicing and blowing trumpets, and singers with musical instruments were leading the praises. . . . 18Jehoiada placed the oversight of the temple of the LORD in the hands of the priests, who were Levites, to whom David had made assignments in the temple, to present the burnt offerings of the LORD as written in the Law of Moses, with rejoicing and singing, as David had ordered.

2Chr. 29:25 He stationed the Levites in the temple of the LORD with cymbals, harps and lyres in the way prescribed by David and Gad the king's seer and Nathan the prophet; this was commanded by the LORD through his prophets. 26So the Levites stood ready with David's instruments, and the priests with their trumpets. 27Hezekiah gave the order to sacrifice the burnt offering on the altar. As the offering began, singing to the LORD began also, accompanied by trumpets and the instruments of David king of Israel. 28The whole assembly bowed in worship, while the singers sang and the trumpeters played. All this continued until the sacrifice of the burnt offering was completed. 29When the offerings were finished, the king and everyone present with him knelt down and worshiped. 30King Hezekiah and his officials ordered the Levites to praise the LORD with the words of David and of Asaph the seer. So they sang praises with gladness and bowed their heads and worshiped.

2Chr. 30:21 The Israelites who were present in Jerusalem celebrated the Feast of Unleavened Bread for seven days with great rejoicing, while the Levites and priests sang to the LORD every day, accompanied by the LORD's instruments of praise. 22Hezekiah spoke encouragingly to all the Levites, who showed good understanding of the service of the LORD. For the seven days they ate their assigned portion and offered fellowship offerings and praised the LORD, the God of their fathers.

2Chr. 31:2 Hezekiah assigned the priests and Levites to divisions --each of them according to their duties as priests or Levites --to offer burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, to minister, to give thanks and to sing praises at the gates of the LORD's dwelling. 3The king contributed from his own possessions for the morning and evening burnt offerings and for the burnt offerings on the Sabbaths, New Moons and appointed feasts as written in the Law of the LORD.

Neh. 12:8 The Levites were Jeshua, Binnui, Kadmiel, Sherebiah, Judah, and also Mattaniah, who, together with his associates, was in charge of the songs of thanksgiving. . . .
27At the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem, the Levites were sought out from where they lived and were brought to Jerusalem to celebrate joyfully the dedication with songs of thanksgiving and with the music of cymbals, harps and lyres. 28The singers also were brought together from the region around Jerusalem --from the villages of the Netophathites, 29from Beth Gilgal, and from the area of Geba and Azmaveth, for the singers had built villages for themselves around Jerusalem. 30When the priests and Levites had purified themselves ceremonially, they purified the people, the gates and the wall.
31I had the leaders of Judah go up on top of the wall. I also assigned two large choirs to give thanks. One was to proceed on top of the wall to the right, toward the Dung Gate. 32Hoshaiah and half the leaders of Judah followed them, 33along with Azariah, Ezra, Meshullam, 34Judah, Benjamin, Shemaiah, Jeremiah, 35as well as some priests with trumpets, and also Zechariah son of Jonathan, the son of Shemaiah, the son of Mattaniah, the son of Micaiah, the son of Zaccur, the son of Asaph, 36and his associates --Shemaiah, Azarel, Milalai, Gilalai, Maai, Nethanel, Judah and Hanani --with musical instruments [prescribed by] David the man of God. Ezra the scribe led the procession. 37At the Fountain Gate they continued directly up the steps of the City of David on the ascent to the wall and passed above the house of David to the Water Gate on the east.
38The second choir proceeded in the opposite direction. I followed them on top of the wall, together with half the people --past the Tower of the Ovens to the Broad Wall, 39over the Gate of Ephraim, the Jeshanah Gate, the Fish Gate, the Tower of Hananel and the Tower of the Hundred, as far as the Sheep Gate. At the Gate of the Guard they stopped.
40The two choirs that gave thanks then took their places in the house of God; so did I, together with half the officials, 41as well as the priests --Eliakim, Maaseiah, Miniamin, Micaiah, Elioenai, Zechariah and Hananiah with their trumpets-- 42and also Maaseiah, Shemaiah, Eleazar, Uzzi, Jehohanan, Malkijah, Elam and Ezer. The choirs sang under the direction of Jezrahiah. 43And on that day they offered great sacrifices, rejoicing because God had given them great joy. The women and children also rejoiced. The sound of rejoicing in Jerusalem could be heard far away.
44At that time men were appointed to be in charge of the storerooms for the contributions, firstfruits and tithes. From the fields around the towns they were to bring into the storerooms the portions required by the Law for the priests and the Levites, for Judah was pleased with the ministering priests and Levites. 45They performed the service of their God and the service of purification, as did also the singers and gatekeepers, according to the commands of David and his son Solomon. 46For long ago, in the days of David and Asaph, there had been directors for the singers and for the songs of praise and thanksgiving to God. 47So in the days of Zerubbabel and of Nehemiah, all Israel contributed the daily portions for the singers and gatekeepers. They also set aside the portion for the other Levites, and the Levites set aside the portion for the descendants of Aaron.

Job 21:11 They send forth their children as a flock; their little ones dance about. 12They sing to the music of tambourine and harp; they make merry to the sound of the flute. 13They spend their years in prosperity and go down to the grave in peace.
Ps. 33:1 Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him. 2Praise the LORD with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre. 3Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy. 4For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.

Ps. 45:7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. 8All your robes are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia; from palaces adorned with ivory the music of the strings makes you glad. 9Daughters of kings are among your honored women; at your right hand is the royal bride in gold of Ophir. . . . 17I will perpetuate your memory through all generations; therefore the nations will praise you for ever and ever.

Ps. 47:0 For the director of music. Of the Sons of Korah. A psalm. 1Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy. 2How awesome is the LORD Most High, the great King over all the earth! 3He subdued nations under us, peoples under our feet. 4He chose our inheritance for us, the pride of Jacob, whom he loved. Selah 5God has ascended amid shouts of joy, the LORD amid the sounding of trumpets. 6Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises. 7For God is the King of all the earth; sing to him a psalm of praise. 8God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his holy throne. 9The nobles of the nations assemble as the people of the God of Abraham, for the kings of the earth belong to God; he is greatly exalted.

Ps. 61:0 For the director of music. With stringed instruments. Of David. 1Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. 2From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 3For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. 4I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Selah 5For you have heard my vows, O God; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name. 6Increase the days of the king's life, his years for many generations. 7May he be enthroned in God's presence forever; appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him. 8Then will I ever sing praise to your name and fulfill my vows day after day.

Ps. 67:0 For the director of music. With stringed instruments. A psalm. A song. 1May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us, Selah 2that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations. 3May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. 4May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth. Selah 5May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. 6Then the land will yield its harvest, and God, our God, will bless us. 7God will bless us, and all the ends of the earth will fear him

Ps. 71:21 You will increase my honor and comfort me once again. 22I will praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praise to you with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel. 23My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you-- I, whom you have redeemed. 24My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long, for those who wanted to harm me have been put to shame and confusion.

Ps. 81:0 For the director of music. According to gittith. Of Asaph. 1Sing for joy to God our strength; shout aloud to the God of Jacob! 2Begin the music, strike the tambourine, play the melodious harp and lyre. 3Sound the ram's horn at the New Moon, and when the moon is full, on the day of our Feast; 4this is a decree for Israel, an ordinance of the God of Jacob.

Ps. 98:0 A psalm. 1Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him. 2The LORD has made his salvation known and revealed his righteousness to the nations. 3He has remembered his love and his faithfulness to the house of Israel; all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God. 4Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music; 5make music to the LORD with the harp, with the harp and the sound of singing, 6with trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn-- shout for joy before the LORD, the King. 7Let the sea resound, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it. 8Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy; 9let them sing before the LORD, for he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples with equity.

Ps. 100:1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. 2Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. 3Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Ps. 101:0 Of David. A psalm. 1I will sing of your love and justice; to you, O LORD, I will sing praise. 2I will be careful to lead a blameless life-- when will you come to me? I will walk in my house with blameless heart.

Ps. 104:11 They give water to all the beasts of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst. 12The birds of the air nest by the waters; they sing among the branches. 13He waters the mountains from his upper chambers; the earth is satisfied by the fruit of his work.

Ps. 104:31 May the glory of the LORD endure forever; may the LORD rejoice in his works-- 32he who looks at the earth, and it trembles, who touches the mountains, and they smoke. 33I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. 34May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD.

Ps. 105:1 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. 2Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. 3Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

Ps. 106:11 The waters covered their adversaries; not one of them survived. 12Then they believed his promises and sang his praise. 13But they soon forgot what he had done and did not wait for his counsel.

Ps. 107:21 Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men. 22Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy. 23Others went out on the sea in ships; they were merchants on the mighty waters. . . . 43Whoever is wise, let him heed these things and consider the great love of the LORD.

Ps. 108:0 A song. A psalm of David. 1My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul. 2Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. 3I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. 4For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

Ps. 147:6 The LORD sustains the humble but casts the wicked to the ground. 7Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp. 8He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills.

Ps. 149:1 Praise the LORD. Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise in the assembly of the saints. 2Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their King. 3Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp. 4For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation. 5Let the saints rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds.
Ps. 150:1 Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. 2Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. 3Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, 4praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute, 5praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. 6Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.

Isa. 38:18 For the grave cannot praise you, death cannot sing your praise; those who go down to the pit cannot hope for your faithfulness. 19The living, the living --they praise you, as I am doing today; fathers tell their children about your faithfulness. 20The LORD will save me, and we will sing with stringed instruments all the days of our lives in the temple of the LORD.
Hab. 3:17 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, 18yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. 19The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.

1Cor. 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

CONTEXT: always context.

April 22 2005, 10:40 AM 

Kim: It must be WONDERFUL to be totally Old Testament illiterate.

I have discussed ALL of those passages here and on my site.

http://www.piney.com/MuIndex2.html

Lets begin by saying that the Israelites rose up to PLAY which was MUSICAL IDOLATRY at Mount Sinai. Because they rejected God's grace He saw this as their prayer to return to Egyptian worship where God lumps EGYPT, SINAI, HAGAR, JERUSALEM, BABYLON, ASSYRIA AND SODOM.

Stephen and the WHOLE Old Testament tells us that God TURNED THEM OVER TO WORSHIP the STARRY HOST. That includes Chiun or Molech or Saturn whose Chaldee number is 666. When the ELDERS fired God and demanded a king LIKE THE NATIONS God understood that it meant so we can WORSHIP like the nations.
    Eze.20:32 You say, "We want to be like the nations, like the peoples of the world, who serve wood and stone." But what you have in mind will never happen.
The last straw was God giving them a king to carry out the CAPTIVITY and DEATH sentence imposed at Mount Sinai but delayed. The kings would have to slaughter the natives whereas God could have driven them out with wasps. The Levitical warrior musicians made NOISE and not music. They played to drive the enemy into panic with the PSALMS. ALL of the instrumental Psalms are BOAST OR TAUNT songs: My God can destroy your gods. David truly believed that God was IN the Ark. One of the CURSES was that the king would take the girls for his OWN household and the young boys to make musical instruments and 'run before chariots.'

The Levitical Warrior Musicians were under the KING and the COMMANDERS OF THE ARMY.

Those TRAFFICKING in music are actually WARING against God when they take David's PANIC SONGS and force them into church. As Amos 5-8 and Isaiah 5 proves the music was to make them WORD IGNORANT so that the enemy could carry them away. The Greek word SINGING (externally) is related to CARRYING YOU AWAY for their own uses: this word is HERESY. MUSIC in many passages proves that it is the LUCIFER PRINCIPLE or the ZOE principle to BLEED OFF worship for the performers and to keep the FLOCK totally ignorant. That is why you should also SLAUGHTER types of God in Christ to be consistent.

http://www.piney.com/First.Samuel.Eight.html

It is also a fact that the SACRIFICIAL MUSICIAN'S service was HARD BONDAGE with the word much like Abaddon or Apollyon because--in type--they were killing God to gain momentary relief. However, not in the VILEST pagan temple (Jezebel's) could singers or musicians enter into the Holy Places. In Jerusalem the Holy Place was a type of the church of Christ where we must accept the sacrifice of Christ--our High Priest--and let Him wash us before we can ENTER into the type of the church. The musicians made loud NOISE to enable the priests to slaughter, smell blood, dung, burning flesh and more. However, any singer or musician who entered into the CARNAL TYPE of the church of Christ would be EXECUTED right then and there.

It was prophesied that Judas would musically MOCK Jesus (Psalm 41) and would fail. However, the Dead Sea Version says that the Levitical warrior musicians MUSICALLY MOCKED Jesus. When Jesus actually TRIUMPHED OVER them the word means that they would be turned over to the TRIUMPH of song and dance of the perverted Dionysus choral which they TRIED to force Jesus into to BOW before BAAL. The Abomination of Desolation took music and sexuality right into the Holy Place (church). If you do THAT you are fulfilling prophecy.

Music is the MARK of the BEAST. Zoe is known as the "Beast and female instructing principle." The CREATION story is treated as a parable to define the VOID and EMPTY state at the Flood and the Red Sea, the LOSS of Israel:
    Jer 4:18 Your own conduct and actions have brought this upon you. This is your punishment. How bitter it is! How it pierces to the heart!"

Jer 4:19 Oh, my anguish, my anguish! I writhe in pain. Oh, the agony of my heart! My heart pounds within me, I cannot keep silent. For I have heard the sound of the trumpet; I have heard the battle cry.

Jer 4:20 Disaster follows disaster; the whole land lies in ruins. In an instant my tents are destroyed, my shelter in a moment.

Jer 4:21 How long must I see the battle standard and hear the sound of the trumpet?

Jer 4:22 My people are fools; they do not know me. They are senseless children; they have no understanding. They are skilled in doing evil; they know not how to do good."

This is where you are and you FOLLOW the leaders who are more "apt to chase a coon than apt to teach you the Bible." Using BATTLE and WARRIOR music is using the POLLUTED Pagan WORSHIP music where the musical prostitute intends to STEAL your minds so they can pick the pockets of old widows.

When you bring MUSIC into the church as synagogue or Holy Place devoted ONLY to reading the Word and prayer, you fall LOWER than any pagan priest or priestess who were male and female prostitutes. That is a fact and that is why Revelation 18:22 says that you will go BACK into hell with Satan or the Babylon Prostitute worship.
    Rev 18:22 The music [DEVIL's Muses or Locusts] of harpists [=sorcerers or parasites]and musicians, flute players [=play flute, pollute, prostitues] and trumpeters [Battle signals], will never be heard in you again. No workman of any TRADE [Techne=theater builders, stage managers] will ever be found in you again. The sound of a millstone [Grinders=prostitutes] will never be heard in you again.
You have MOVED yourself to the LEGALISTIC side of the CROSS and MUSIC is the MARK. That is why you are still trying to slay your Lost Savior.

Ken

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: CONTEXT: always context.

April 22 2005, 12:00 PM 

Ken, your name calling and hate filled words make it evident that your message is not of God.

Respond to this message   
Kimberly
(no login)

Re: CONTEXT: always context.

April 22 2005, 1:02 PM 

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I love worship, I love the instruments and I love FEELING Gods presence with me. I love the people I worship with and those that share their God given talent of being able to play musical instuments. I love watching my son when the teens lead worship and he is given an opportunity to use his gift from God to Glorify God as well as to bless those that hear him. You may pick and choose scripture that backs your side of the story, just as I.
It seems to me that Jesus never says not to use instruments in worship, it is simply not addressed in the New testament. Probably because worship comes from the heart and that is what is important.
As children we lived our lives based on shoulds and should nots told to us by our parents. As Christians do we stay childlike in our walk by doing what another man interprits to be the way? There are so many different beliefs, religions and ideas as well as diferent interpritations to the Bible. I am strong in my faith and my beliefs, but I also know that it may not be the same for everyone. But is it my job to condemn them to hell because of it. No. Should I judge your salvtion because you do not

Play musical instruments to praise God, and do it skillfully - Psalm 33:2-3, 43:4, 71:22, 92:3, 149:3, 150:3-5

Praise him with dancing - Psalm 150:3, 30:11, 149:3
Lift up your hands to Him - Psalm 63:4

etc......
so you speak all your babble. I find it to be quite entertaining and it has actually gotten me to study areas of the word that I may not have study. My heart and my conscious are good and I will continue to praise God with clapping and waving of my hands, and expressing my love and praise to Him in a way that expresses the same joy and excitement you feel when you watch a football game or your children playing.

God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Context

April 23 2005, 11:44 PM 

Quoting those passages just proves my point. I suggest that you get a lamb and call it JESUS and slit its throat, skin it, gut it, smell the blood, smell the dung, smell the burning flesh and THEN you will see what you are doing with your proof texts when I AM CERTAIN that you have never read the chapters much less the context connected to the RISING UP to Play at Mount Sinai which was musical idolatry involving singing, clapping, playing instruments and PLAYING sexually. For that God abandoned the nation to worship the STARRY HOSTS which includes Saturn who is Chaldee 666. What you see in the Old Testament is a nation being led by hand-selected kings to carry out the captivity and death sentence. They will be led into captivity and ETERNAL BURNING to the beat of instrumental music.

http://www.piney.com/Isa30LXX.html

The MUSIC-sexuality-homosexuality connection is as old as the towers of Babylon. Modern science concurs: you are just inducing into yourself and others a SEXUAL feeling induced by the sounds and body worship. For about half of the audience you FLAUNT yourself before you produce endorphins (morphine overdose) which induces FIGHT or FLIGHT. When the musical idolaters PERFORMED at Mount Sinai they THOUGHT that they were worshiping. However, God said that others would see them as a LAUGHINGSTOCK.

That is why Jerusalem is called SODOM and when the Harlot Worship leader goes back into hell she will carry all of her THEATRICAL PERFORMERS.
    Rev 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
All religious singers and musicians were known as the HAREM OF THE GODS. When they PERFORMED they were involved in ritual prostitution with the gods THROUGH his "agents." Your misleaders are USING you to sell religion with sex. Hope you don't CHARGE!

Have a happy RIDE as you TRAFFICK yourself like Lucifer who is ZOE.

Respond to this message   
Kimberly
(no login)

Re: Context

April 24 2005, 9:06 PM 

Colossians 3:16-17 "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."

James 5:13 "Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms."

Revelation 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Ephesians 5:19 "speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;"

Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kind-ness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. (Col. 3:11-16).

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. (Eph. 5:18-21).

What exactly are Psalms I said to myself, so I did a little research and look what I found to be the definition of psalms.

Psalm (Greek - PSALMOS) has a meaning of singing with instrumental accompaniment.

"Song, psalm: to stringed instrument" (Karl Feyerabend, Ph.D., Greek-English Dictionary, Mc Kay co., 1918).
Song accompanied by a stringed instrument, psalm" (A Glossary of Later Latin to 600 A.D., by A. Souter, Oxford, Clarendon Press). Psallo: (verb) "I play on
the harp (or other stringed instrument;" psalmos (noun), "a psalm, that is a song of praise, etc., to God, with an accompaniment on the harp," (A. Souter, A Pocket Lexicon to the Greek New Testament, Oxford, Clarendon Press).

Psalm "Sung to the accompaniment of stringed instruments" (Harper’s Bible Dictionary, p. 589).

Psalm"In Hebrew and Greek the root meaning is to play instrumental music, and then to sing to musical accompaniment" (A. Coken, Ph.D., Psalm, Soncino Press, p. 10).

"Psalm is properly a ‘song with musical accompaniment’" (Eph., Feign-Kinsman Dictionary of the Bible, p. 441).

""PSALMOS, a translation of the Hebrew specific term MIZMOR, meaning, ‘a song set to stringed instruments’" (John Franklin, A Guidebook to the Biblical Literature, Ginn & Co., N.Y., p. 433).

"PSALMOS, a translation of the Hebrew specific term MIZMOR, meaning, ‘a song set to stringed instruments’" (John Franklin, A Guidebook to the Biblical Literature, Ginn & Co., N.Y., p. 433).

Psalm "Signifies, first, the action of playing any harp-like instrument, then the music thus produced, and finally the song sung to the accompaniment of a harp-like instrument" (Ency. Dictionary of the Bible, McGraaw-Hill, N.Y., p. 1954).

The ‘psalm’ (Eph. 5:19) may be understood in general as ‘a sacred song chanted to the accompaniment of instrumental music’" (Alvah Harvey, D.D., LL.D., Ephesians, Philadelphia, 1887).

Psalm "It is used of a song as accompanied by any instrument, not merely stringed instruments" (James Stewart Perowne, Old Testament Revision Committee, Psalms).

Psalm "A jubilant song of praise to accompaniment of music...applicable to any piece designed to be sung to a musical accompaniment" (Encyclopedia Biblica, p. 3921).

Psalm "The leading idea of psalm is a musical accompaniment." (Thayer’s Addition, Grimm/Wilke’s Greek-English Lexicon, p. 637).

Psalm "to cause to vibrate by touching, to twang, to touch or strike the chord, to twang the strings of a musical instrument, to play a stringed instrument". This definition is attributed to Aristotle around 384 B.C.

psalm
noun

1. A sacred song, especially one from the Book of Psalms in the Old Testament.

Thesaurus: hymn, canticle, sacred song, paean.
Etymology: 10c: from Latin psalmus, from Greek psalmos a song sung to a harp, from psallein to play the harp.

A psalm (Hebrew and Greek words) was a poem of set structure to be sung to the accompaniment of stringed instruments" (Catholic Ency., p. 534).
B) Hymn (Greek - HUMNOS) means singing a praise to God.
C) Song (Greek - ODE) means a general word for a song, whether accompanied or unaccompanied, whether of praise or on any subject

It seems to me that if God had indeed changed his mind about the use of instruments in worship He would have been a little more direct in telling us so. He gave us many words in the old testament on the use of instruments why then were we never commanded not to. The use of the word Psalms or Psalmos obviously did not need any further description of the use of instruments because it was already covered in the Old Testament. You give many examples of the Harlet and the Harp and many other less honorable people that were associated with certain instruments, but I ask you. who did Jesus associate himself with. Mary Magdeline was no angel. I believe she to was a Harlet. So what are you really saying sir.

Now i take this a step further and find these references in Revelation. I am sure there are more but these are 2 I will share.

Revelation 14:2-3 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Revelation 15:2-3 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Now you may argue but that occurs in heaven. And I would say and your point being?

Our father who art in Heaven, hollowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For thine is the Kingdom and the power and the glory for ever and ever.
Amen

I also wonder where in the scriptures exactly it says that song books, tuning forks, individual communion cups, wafers, um what else dos the Church of Christ use in worship that may not be specifically mentioned in the Bible. I think you are the one that has fallen into the legalism of a denomination that has instilled upon you rules of man.

I read your words and feel like the same could be said back to you. I hope that you are not a true reflection of your denomination. It frightens me to think that there are people like you who call themselfs Christian yet have so much hate and anger in them. I believe you are making a mockery of C of C and which I do not believe to right. I have no problem with open honest dialogu but ahlf of the garbage you write does not even make sence.

God be with your soul and I believe he will use this page to glorify Him and not for whatever your purpose is. It obviously is not to share Gods love with anyone.

Annonymous I am glad you came back to visit. I am sorry I did not get an opportunity to visit with you. I am by no means a bible scolar and do not profess to be one. I am a child of God honestly seeking out His will for me. I hope you will come back and stay for service and get to know us a bit better. We are ultimately seeking the same thing, to serve and love God with all our hearts and bring others to know of His love and Grace.

Respond to this message   
Hazel P.
(no login)

Speak Love!

April 25 2005, 3:07 AM 

Ken,

If you speak, speak as though you are speaking the very words of God!

If God is love and you are one with God, then where is the love, Ken?

I have never read such ugly and hateful things in all my life! And from a man who claims to be a concerned member of Christ's body? I am almost ashamed to call myself a Christian if your treatment of these folks is a reflection of Christ. I don't care if you agree or disagree with the people on this page. You should never have said some of the things I have read here today! If I were your mother, I would hold you down and wash your mouth out with soap! That is what happened to me when I said mean and hurtful things to others. You should be ashamed!

I think that should just about sum up what I have to say to you!

BE NICE!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

To Hazel P

April 25 2005, 4:01 PM 

This is not a "be bad" ..."be nice" issue. We are talking about CONCERN for a congregation of the Lord's Church that has been overrun and taken over with the "community church" and "purpose driven" mess. There is a "narrow" gate and a "wide" gate and we have got to expose all this error happening here and elsewhere. I am calling on the troops of the Lord to visit this place and expose error and those who are promoting it! Where are you! It is time to stand up!

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 56 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened At the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter