Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?......Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  

Central Pointe Church of Christ, Duncanville Tx.

July 5 2005 at 9:01 AM
Tee  (no login)
from IP address 65.67.56.137

I visited the Central Pointe "church of Christ" this past weekend for their building dedication, and I saw some things that I thought were contrary to how God says we ought to worship him. Some of the things I noticed were:

1.) Women (whom the preacher refers to as his "Angels") ushering, and serving on the collection.

2.) Praise Teams ("Praise Leaders")

3.) The preacher was said to have been "re-baptized", once they got their new church building.

I know this is not right in the Church of Christ. Has anyone else observed these things???

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Marie
(no login)

You are right

July 13 2005, 3:53 PM 

Central Pointe is on its way to being a denominational church. I guess the bigger the better is there philosophy. Whatever happen to saving souls? "Pastor" Dulin must have been re-baptized because we don't have pastors in the church of christ. I feel sorry for this church. They need much prayer. But, I din't know if that will even help.

Respond to this message   
Reasoner
(no login)

I Too Was There

September 5 2005, 1:35 AM 

Marie,

I drove seven hours just to attend the weekend of Praise and Thanksgiving at Central Pointe on July 2 and 3. I along with my singing group attended both services as did many people who traveled to Texas that weekend. Brother Dulin told all in attendance at the second worship service why he got rebaptized and gave scripture for his actions. Why does that bother you? Do you know that a couple of Apostles in the new testament also were rebaptized? Does that portion of the Bible offend you?

Before Central Pointe moved into their new building the fire marshall visted them on numerous occasions for being in violation. There were too many people in the building at one time. Even when they moved to having two morning services still, they were visited by the fire marshall because of over crowding. They went to a larger building. Why does that bother you?

You wrote "What about saving souls"? The mere fact that they outgrew their old building is an indication that they are bringing souls to Christ. God's word is being preached and the fruit bearing is evident. God is adding the increase and that seems to trouble you.
Why does Central Pointes' growth bother you?

As many others do, the congregation at central Pointe believes in praising God. Why do you feel sorry for them? God recieving the glory is something to shout about and rejoice over but you are troubled. Why??

You said that "they" need prayer but you doubt that prayer would help them. I am sorry that your prayer life is so fluid. I will pray for you.

Respond to this message   
Sonja Still
(no login)

One Baptism Remains!

July 8 2007, 10:12 PM 

The Bible specifically states that there is only one baptism now! ( Eph 4 )
Before there was the baptism of John, then the baptism of the Holy Ghost and with fire and water baptism. This baptism is the only one that remains according to scripture! Dulin has implemented false doctrine when this is done. This is critical in vitality of the holy scriptures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is Sin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Water baptism is for remission of one's sin.

Respond to this message   
Sonja Still
(no login)

Burger King Churcr ( have it your way )

July 8 2007, 10:22 PM 

They believe in praising God they way they want!
It's not about pleaseing you are us it's about pleaseing God you Idiot!
This is not a Burger King Church!

Respond to this message   
netta
(no login)

whatever

September 21 2005, 9:57 AM 

You're just and OLD BITTY!!! find me some scriptures about what was wrong with his services and them u can talk. As always GOD BLESS.

Respond to this message   
David
(no login)

Re: Central Pointe Church of Christ, Duncanville Tx.

July 30 2005, 8:28 AM 

Each congregation of the "Church of Christ" is autonomous and under the spiritual direction of its'local Elders. It is not the Biblical responsibility of outsiders to judge whether this body of believers or any other is a "True and correct" Church of Christ. Churches of Christ will have variations in worship styles and program focus because of this independence. If you want that kind of oversight and control, you need to go join with a protestant group that has a central control governing body like the Methodists. Praise God for local control in Churches of Christ!

Respond to this message   
D'lorah
(no login)

Thanks David

August 1 2005, 11:23 AM 

Thank you David for your wonderful response. What cowards Tee and Marie are. Why would you go to a website for the world to see how some people in the churches of Christ treat each other? Central Pointe' and any other congregation has a right to be who they are. Just like your church or temple, your leaders, whether they pastors, preacher or pope, outlines how your church will be organized and operated. We all have a choices in life. We choose to marry or be single. We choose churches because something there has drawing power. The Word changes the lives of men and women and if we will win the world we must preach Jesus Christ. When we teach Jesus Christ we bring the believer to the church. Dogma and criticism has diminished your listening audience. Jesus didn't walk in comdeming men and women to hell.
Maybe you didn't understand what "Angels" do in the Central Pointe church. I'm sure there are events that happen in your church that others are not pleased with. But to run to a website and air your displeasure with another church's worship service is unthinkable. Since you didn't say how they conducted their worship (you mentioned Praise Team and women passing collection basket). Women pass the collection basket every Sunday at my church and the communion trays too. See since I can't reach down to the end of the pew to get the trays from the one who passes them I have to get it "passed to me by women sitting next to me". So maybe that's what you mean. Some things are just plain unthoughtful. Since you seem to be a bible believer, did it ever occur to you to take your acquisations or your "dismay" with their concept of worship that offended you to the leaders of that congregation? If you didn't you've commited sin against your brothers? And those with whom you have an "aught" with, now have an "aught" with you. Don't let the devil sift you like wheat Tee & Marie. And Marie I hope no one ever stops praying for you. And if you really don't believe that God can change a situation through prayer, get out of religion. You are not an agent of God. You deny the power of God, that's a move of the anti-Christ.
People are dying everyday. Let's stop fighting each other and GET TO WORK FOR THE LORD!

Respond to this message   
j.j.
(no login)

You're kidding right

August 2 2005, 6:58 PM 

David, you say it is "not the Biblical respon. of outsiders to judge this body of believers."
If that's the case then you probably need to get ready to edit out most of Paul's (the traveling missionary) epistles since he does that very thing! Have you read Romans or I Corinthians lately?! I'd call the apostle Paul a pretty good reference point for such behavior.

Respond to this message   
David
(no login)

Re: You're kidding right

August 6 2005, 8:17 AM 

j.j............I am very aware of what the Apostle Paul did on his journeys and his work with churches. I am not sure you or anyone else alive today have his wisdom and divine direction. We have the scriptures to direct us today. We are talking about the Elders selected by a congregation of believers in Jesus Christ directing and leading an autonomous body according to the Bible. There are going to be areas of opinion (vs. Biblical absolutes) amoung Elders and the group of believers whom they are responsible. It is not your job or anyone else outside that body to pass judgement if they meet your "tests of Faith" other than those clearly taught in the Bible. Again I praise God for the independence of the Churches of Christ body of believers. We are not bound by the traditions and "higher ups" like most protestant bodies. If you don't "get it" then I am sorry for you and encourage further study of the Bible to understand this or again get in a Christian body that can dictate from a central council.

Respond to this message   
ks
(no login)

Elders

July 6 2006, 1:45 PM 

You spoke of elders, well they don't have any elders at the congregation, just deacons. (Per their website) So, who's setting the course?

Respond to this message   
Tee
(no login)

You've stated some truth

August 17 2005, 3:37 PM 

David,

You were certainly right when you stated that each local congregation is autonomous of one another in the Church of Christ. I know that I couldn't go to another congregation and tell the leadership where their congregation's bank account should be set up, or how to set up their ministries (as long as they fall in line with God's word). BUT, when it comes to the way in which we are supposed to worship God, there is only ONE way! Let's not confuse autonomy, with "WORSHIP ANY WAY YOU FEEL IS RIGHT". To tell you the truth, God is not really concerned with OUR feelings. In His word (the Bible), God states the way in which HE wants us to worship HIM. There were no women serving on the collection table in the New Testament Church. The were no women ushering in the New Testament Church. There were no praise teams in the New Testament Church. So, why do we feel the need to change the way God wants us to worhsip HIM??? So, I do feel that I can say something when I visit another congragation in the Church of Christ, and their method of worship does not fall in line with the way in which God has stated that He should be worshipped. As humans, alot of our actions are based upon what we "feel" at the time. And I'm sorry to say, but when we stand before God on Judgement Day, He's not gonna ask us anything about how we "feel." He's going to judge us according to HIS WORD, and whether or not we've lived accordingly.

In Christian Love,
Tee

Respond to this message   
d'lorah
(no login)

You've stated some truth

August 31 2005, 2:53 PM 

Tee,
Use what ever "christian principles" you are supposed to possess and stop putting this garbage on this website. I am baptist, yet I know what your religion teaches. I am a bible believer (not like the churches of Christ who stumble over everything and don't recognized truth when you see it) and we don't all agree over every issue, but we beleive in our church what the bible says in Matthew 18 and if you are sill confused about your religious duty then turn to Galatians 6:1 (are you spiritual Tee?) You seem to be big on "traditions" because you've not stated one scripture to back up what you believe. Stop being an agent of the devil and get the truth out to those who need Jesus. Stop hiding behind the website and get to work. Our church is growing because we are not condeming people to hell, but are trying to find out what in "hell" do they want? My buddies who've read this rhetoric are just laughing their heads off at the hypocracy of you and your religious belief. If I was a member of the church of Christ I would be so ashamed. Stick with the bible not with your traditions. Oh by the way, I used to be coc, but people like you made me leave.

Respond to this message   
David
(no login)

To Tee

October 8 2005, 8:20 AM 

I have avoided this site for somtime now once I saw Ken Sublett joined the discussion. He sows discord and confusion whenever he gets on one page. But I need to respond to Tee in that the Lord is going to "judge" us but through the HIS grace. He died for this and I praise Him daily that my sinful behavior will not be the only issue He looks at me. No earthly church will ever get it "all" right in every way. If that is your goal in life to find that church or specific congregation, you need to study the Word more carefully. The gathering of God's people in the next life will be when that perfect situation comes into existance. We will be judged in this life on who we say Jesus Christ is and did we serve others as He asked in scripture. Again, I praise God that I am in the Churches of Christ body and can experience the freedom each congregation has. We have no governing body other than our local Elders. I still say if you want that kind of regimated oversight, then go to the Methodist, Disciples of Christ, etc. Protestant bodies. I don't want some manmade authority from Nashville or Abilene telling my congregation what it can and can't do. The authority of the Bible is all we need. That is the real beauty of the Restoration Movement that we have so strayed from.

Respond to this message   
Evon
(no login)

THE TRUTH

August 16 2005, 1:29 PM 

I AM MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST IN DALLAS AND FIND SOME OF THESE COMMENTS "HUMOROUS". THE TRUTH IS THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE ATTRACTED TO CHURCHES BECAUSE THEY ARE LOOKING TO BE ENTERTAINED OR FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS. THERE IS A TRUE WAY TO WORSHIP, THERE IS A TRUTH TO THE SCRIPTURE. SOMETIMES PEOPLE CAN BE BLINDED BY HIS/HER OWN AMBITIONS AND FORGET ABOUT GOD'S PURPOSE, WHICH IS TO PREACH AND SPREAD THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST WITHOUT ADDING OR TAKING AWAY FROM THE BIBLE. IS THIS A CONGREGATION THAT HAS DETOURED FROM TRADITIONAL WORSHIP? WE AS MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST CAN LEARN MANY THINGS FROM OTHER DENOMINATIONS, SPECIFICALLY BEING MORE ACTIVE AND PRESENT IN OUR COMMUNITIES, NOT TO MENTION OUR OFFERINGS. HOWEVER, WE HAVE CANNOT ALLOW THE PRESENCE OF "SUPER CHURCHES" TO INFLUENCE OUR WAYS OF WORSHIP AND CAUSE US TO WORSHIP IN A WAY THAT IS NOT PLEASING AND RESPECTFUL TO GOD. WE SHOULD CONDUCT OURSELVES IN WORSHIP IN THE SAME MANNER WE WOULD CONDUCT OURSELVES INFRONT OF OUR PARENTS OR PEOPLE WE HOLD IN HIGH REGARDS. THAT IS WITH MUCH RESPECT!!!
A GREAT MISCONCEPTION FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST IS THAT WE JUDGE OTHERS. THIS IS FAR FROM THE TRUTH. GOD IS VERY CLEAR WITH HIS LIKES AND DISLIKES. SO HOW IS IT JUDGING IF WE ARE BRINGING YOUR ATTENTION TO SOMETHING THE LORD HAS CLEARLY STATED HE IS DISPLEASED. FOR EXAMPLE, HOMOSEXUALITY. GOD WAS VERY CLEAR ON THIS ISSUE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT, BUT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SAY HOMOSEXUALITY, MAN HAS DECIDED TO MAKE THIS A CONFUSING TOPIC. REMEMBER, DURING THIS TIME-TERMINOLOGY WAS DIFFER FROM NOW.
WHAT IS MY POINT? GOD IS VERY CLEAR WITH HIS LAWS AND EXPECTATIONS. OPEN YOUR BIBLE AND READ IT FOR YOURSELF. A CHURCH WAS ESTABLISED WHEN JESUS CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS. WE SHOULD BE WORSHIPPING AND CONDUCTING SERVICE AND OUR LIVES ACCORDING TO THE NEW TESTAMENT.
AND TO MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH, STOP ALLOWING PREACHERS TO BECOME GREATER THAN THE MEMBERS OF THE CONGREGATION. THE GOSPEL HAS BECOME A MEANS OF MONEY RATHER THAN A MEANS OF MINISTERING.
SIGNED,
Evon

Respond to this message   
Reasoner
(no login)

Whose Truth?

September 5 2005, 12:38 AM 

Evon and Tee,

Would you please give me scripture for having a song leader? Would you also show me where the Bible says that the singing in the worship hour must be lead by one man?

Would you please give me scripture for who should pass the basket, or communion trays? Will I be condemned if my congregation has communion before the sermon and your congregation has it after the sermon?

Would you please give me scripture for having Ushers in the church and also that Ushers must be men?

I understand your opinion and I even understand your need to call your opinion THE TRUTH, but can we let the Bible have the last word on these issues? Can you use the Bible to answer my questions?

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

The MARK of ZOE.

September 5 2005, 8:51 PM 

Reasoner: Would you please give me scripture for having a song leader? Would you also show me where the Bible says that the singing in the worship hour must be lead by one man?
Well, it stands to reason that the LOGIC of MANY LEADERS REPLACING ONE LEADER doesn't fit. If the practices have been to use ONE song leader and you decide to add a CHOIR then you intend to deliberately sow discord for the "idolatry of talent." You intend to DEMOTE men who also have talent but perhaps not the right "gender sound" so that you UTTERLY DESTROY the body life. The OWNERS are the slaves and the "ministers" become the masters. Once this begins the goal is to silence Bible preaching and the PREACHER might have to wear a tutu.

All of this is FUELED by the false teaching that churches of Christ just follow our TRADITIONALISM. You should know that A Capella was named "after the pipe organ" to fit the Sistine Chapel where it was not permitted to use instruments in the face of the Pope where OFFICIAL MASS was held. A capella means the Popes CASTRATED French 'Musical worship team' he brought from France.

All known literature marks religious musicians as perverse and perverting. I am not accusing but much of the congregation sees the MARK and that is why up to half flee leaving their "invest-uh-ments with Guuudddeee-uh in the HANDS of them what stole the church house of widows. There is no musical term or name of instrument in the Bible which is not a POINTER to innocent FEMALE children, Satan, people slaughtering types of Jesus Christ always OUTSIDE of the type of the church of Christ, warriors (David), prostitutes or Sodomites. No exception.

The fact is that ONE LEADER was called "the first heresy largely pervading the church." The APPROVED EXAMPLE of Jesus was that they simply repeated or cantillated a BIBLICAL psalm. If you obey the command of Jesus everyone will KNOW the Biblical text and you will not need a hand waver. Most gender-secure song leaders think of themselves as song STARTERS and not the performers.

The DIRECT COMMAND of Paul was that we not PLEASURE which word directly relates to arousal singing which was always perverted and perverting. THEN we can speak using ONE MIND and ONE MOUTH and glorify God by speaking THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN. EVERYONE knows that a non-charismatic (non perverted or non-theatrical) song leader is NOT going to induce charismatic ecstasy. EVERYONE Knows that the close harmony of a TRAINED choir deliberately induces ECSTASY which is called MADNESS. People intend to PLEASURE the paying audience and that violated the DIRECT COMMAND of Paul who defined the SYNAGOGUE in Romans 15 as a way to prevent the DISCORD when everyone follows their PREFERENCES.

Therefore, based on the INTENT of the TEAM and the RESULT of the team singing, you violate a DIRECT COMMAND of Paul in at least four ways:
    1. You INTEND to pleasure the people to lift them up or AROUSE them where SINGING was the best way to induce ecstasy. The word is related to HERESY. Paul said that Jesus would not do it: therefore, it is anti-Christian. Those who used the performing arts to arouse were doing heresy and they were called DEMAGOGUES. Bad foundation to build deliberate discord so you can be seen and admired.

2. You INTEND to ignore the approved example of Jesus in "hymning" or "grieving out" a Psalm, the direct commands of Paul to use ONE MIND and ONE VOICE and use THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN.

3. You INTEND to glorify the "idolatry of talent" and use that which the singy-clappy guys have composed to TRUMP the songs of Christ the Spirit.

4. You INTEND to deliberately sow discord because the SYNAGOGUE Jesus built and Paul defined would CREATE UNITY which is the meaning of UNISON SINGING.
The fact is that Paul defines singing which is the ODE which is the synagogue form of SPEAKING. The word ODE further defines PSALMOS as "in the form of cantillation." That was not truly music. How do I know? Because we know that "melody as tunefulness belongs to the 19th century." The end-time singers or MUSES are the LOCUSTS John warned us about: they have scorpion stingers in their tails and the PLEASURING is really PUNISHING THE SPIRIT.

The PURPOSE was to teach ONE ANOTHER the inspired Bible text: no one saw SINGING or the use of anything but the BIBLICAL TEXT which Paul commanded for over 350 years.

The more PERFORMERS of Twila Paris you have, the FURTHER REMOVED you are into violating the approved example and direct command of Paul and the UNIVERSALLY UNDERSTOOD view of the early church.

At least the traditional, 2,000 year old practice outside of the Catholic Presenter does not DELIBERATELY SOW DISCORD. To use "THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST IT" is by definition LEGALISTIC and for the purpose of SOWING DISCORD which IS defined as a terminal sin.
    Reasoner: Would you please give me scripture for who should pass the basket, or communion trays? Will I be condemned if my congregation has communion before the sermon and your congregation has it after the sermon?
They didn't PASS the basket, remember. Paul said that giving was free will and NOT a law. If they treacherous elders did not use THE LAW OF TITHING or THE LAW OF GIVING they could not USE women because they would LOOSE their enablers. That means that YOU cannot have the widow's food money or the children's health care money to PAY you to perform and lie that it is WORSHIP. That is the LUCIFER PRINCIPLE (or Zoe) which is called TRAFFICKING.

Paul COMMANDED that the women be silent, do not speak, do not teach. That also includes being SEDENTARY. To the literate that is a LAW AGAINST women passing the baskets or acting as ATTENDANTS or BUSTLING about.

The AUTHORITY word Paul used is AUTHENTIA. That means both erotic and murderous. If you USE women in a PERFORMANCE or non-sedentary role you KNOW BEFORE hand that you will SOW DISCORD and go against most of church history. You know that to EXPOSE your wives and daughters is to INVITE men to GIVE HEED to their beauty or ugliness or body parts so that YOU KNOW that it will be IMPOSSIBLE to give heed to Jesus Christ. The idea of being COVERED in the church would demand that a MALE husband or father would shield them from the staring eyes. Common LUSTING especially male-maie, female-male and male-female seems NORMAL but it is perverted.

Having non-sedentary, preside over women DOES violate a direct command of PAUL and a universal LAW OF LUST known by anyone with a IQ as long as their shoe lace.
    Reasoner: Would you please give me scripture for having Ushers in the church and also that Ushers must be men?
See above: a DIRECT COMMAND that the women be sedentary and silent. If ushers DELIBERATELY SOWED DISCORD then maybe we should attract "attendees" bright enough to seat themselves. You CANNOT DO synagogue of Christ where He teaches the "twos and threes" if you NEED an usher.
    Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 1 Tim 2:11

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1Ti.2:12

Esuchia (g2271) hay-soo-khee'-ah; fem. of 2272; (as noun) STILLNESS, i.e. desistance from BUSTLE or language: - quietness, silence.

Bustle is: poipnuo, bustle about, of ATTENDANTS, make haste and sweep the house, labouring for the sake of me

Esuchios (g2272) hay-soo'-khee-os; a prol. form of a comp. prob. of a der. of the base of 1476 and perh. 2192; prop. keeping one's SEAT (sedentary), i.e. (by impl.) still (undisturbed, undisturbing): - peaceable, quiet.

Hedraios (g1476) hed-rah'-yos; from a der. of hezomai , (to sit); sedentary, i.e. (by impl.) immovable: - settled, stedfast

Yes, wimpy burger, she can breath and sing but NOT clap because that means to VOMIT.

3. with Verbs, hêsuchian agein to keep quiet, be at rest, keep silent, Hdt., attic:--so hêsuchian echein Hdt., attic

Euripides, Alcestis uses it: What means this stillness before the palace? Why is the house of Admetus wrapped in silence?

Sigaô, keep silence, used by Hom. only in imper. siga, hush! BE STILL!

If women are highly VISIBLE they are violating the direct commandments of Paul, the common sense of all of church history and the minimal consideration for the USED women and for the males who WILL BY DEFINITION be attracted to the females and NOT to be grieving with Jesus. And don't try to fool us: they speak about USING women because they KNOW that they will suck in the cash.

The concept of a PRAISE RITUAL with music is one of the most ancient, tribalistic, superstitious, ignorant and legalistic acts known to human history. The prophesier or musical agent was the OLDEST profession because it combined doing musical and literal sexuality with the gods whose agents were very often other males. The PERSONA has never changed.

Those who USE women are using the old Changeling-Hireling GRADUALISM called "navigating the winds of change." Once the people get adjusted or the OWNERS run for their lives the MISLEADERS have every intention of PROMOTING women to be deaconesses, elders and "ministry leaders" after the vocational deacons are fired. It's all prophesied.

The people BELIEVE that they can lead the "worshipers" into the presence of the gods, appease, threaten, feed and most often perform sexuality with the "gods" through the god's agents. Singers were ALWAYS known as the "harem of the gods." The word PSALLO from which the Ph.Duhs get their authority is UNIVERSALLY pointing in the literature to disturbed males trying to groom young boys who were the "ministers or priests of the Goddess" such as Zoe.

Respond to this message   
veronica
(no login)

The Mark of False Teaching

September 6 2005, 4:50 PM 

I rejoice that I am no longer in bondage. That I have a new and better convenant with Christ Jesus. Also that I do have some freedom in Christ. The very same topics that have taken place on this web-site are the very reasons we have lost focus on bringing souls to Christ. We spend more time and effort on un-scriptual, unsupporting legalistic hold- backs such as song leaders and clapping and if a female can walk someone to their seat or not. If the Preacher can be called Minister, Preacher or Paster. Sounds like we are still on milk instead of meat. Still going over these issues when we should be past this and teaching others. This is a sad commentary for the Body of Christ. I can not beleive that you had the nerve to try and USE scriptures, which were all taken out of context, to try and support that foolish teaching. While your defining and breaking down words, look up the word praise, rejoice and gladdness of heart. From your studies have you really came up with the conclusion that God wants your worship with no emotion at all? We know that we will be judge according to the word of God, notby emotion that is a given. Where in the world did you get, that good singing will make such negative condemnation to the soul. In your worship are you constanly watching to make sure no one makes a wronge move? Don't you know you have been made free from such a worship.

To my sisters that came so far to visit the Central Point Church of Christ, did you share these concerns with the body there at Centeral Point? Did you say anything to your brother Dulin concerning worship ?
If you felt they were in error did you try to help anyone ? Of course you didn't. Its been said, silence is consent. Or did you run back to your home congregations telling what you saw. Then proceed to type your opinions onto this web-site. Examine yourselfs, I beleive this has placed you in a sinful state.

For the Mark of Zoe brother, If we, the Body of Christ were to follow your methodicial way of teaching, which is not the Lords. The women would be sitting in the back of the buildings during worship completly covered from head to foot. Condemn for saying "Amen" or making any other sounds during worship. Men like this is why the Church Of Christ has now become the smallest growing body, but the largest comdeming, but claiming to be spirtual one. That would try and have us to beleive we have no freedom in Christ Jesus. Still bound by custom and tradition, be ever so careful before you say Central Point Church Of Christ is in error. After using all the big words and trying to define all the text it seems you really have not studied at all. I will continue to pray for you.

Respond to this message   
Allen
(no login)

WOW

December 31 2008, 2:30 PM 

I have also visited Central Pointe or as they refer to themselves "The Pointe", and found the worhip service pleasing. Yes, I did notice the Men on stage singing(Praise Team) and had no problems as long as those men were leading the congregational singing and they did. The church Allendisplays all of the words to the songs on screens for those who don't know them. I talked with my Bro Rodney Dulin, he asked me for feedback on the worship service and the only thing I had a concern or a caution with, was to continue to teach from the pulpit the importance of each persons worship to god and the responsibility to join the congregational singing. For those who will say so yes I saw the sisters escorting people to their seats. I searched a looking for the scriptures that addressed ushers in the bible and could not find any, so I definately can't get hung up on that one.

Yes, each congregation will have slightly different styles of worship and the beuaty of it all is if your at a church and don't like or agree with it you're totally free to leave. Like some of you have mentioned if you have an issue with one of our Brothers or Sisters the bible teachs us how to deal with them. If we have not done that then we probably should not be posting negative comments on the worldwide web.

Respond to this message   
Reasoner
(no login)

God's Word

September 7 2005, 10:25 PM 

Ken,

After reading your lengthy response, you still failed to answer any of my questions using God's Word.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened At the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter