Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?......Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  

North Atlanta Church of Christ , Atlanta, Ga.

March 13 2006 at 5:36 PM
Doug  (no login)
from IP address 65.218.184.66

The North Atlanta Church of Christ is now offering yoga classes. I assume that's ok but I just wanted to run it by people and get other perspectives.

This message has been edited by ConcernedMembers from IP address 70.149.155.40 on Mar 13, 2006 6:13 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken
(no login)

ok

March 13 2006, 8:11 PM 

Is that Yoga Bear or the type you eat?

I propose that all members of the church go through a 12 step Yoga program.

That will guarantee that they can memorize a chapter of the Bible and sit in the floor cross legged. That a way they can do "ekklesia" and speak to themselves and not take notice of the sermon about why the Bible has been replaced but NOT the preacher, the sangers doing acrobatics and ESPECIALLY the collection plate as it passes by.

Finally, a solution is in hand.

Respond to this message   
John
(no login)

missed the point

March 14 2006, 2:57 PM 

Doug you trying to stir up something? What ole Doug left out here was in a seperate building on the property is a very nice Family Enrichment Center open and used by members as well as non members. As part of their city wide outreach there is a basketball court, a running track, exercise classes all under the supervision of a full time director. Many non members of many churches complain when they visit they just don't know anyone and feel left out. One of the purposes here was to allow people to get to know the North Atlanta thru various programs for adults and teenagers in hopes there would be furthur interest to worship and grow in this body. You won't find a more focused and clear minister than Don McLaughlin or elders more sensitive doing the right thing.
If Doug were a member there he'd know the intentions and the successes. If he was a visitor he could have asked anyone in leadership to comment and his concerns would have been heard and answered with the church's reasons.
Instead he goes to a national website to make a comment that risks being taken out of context?

Doug, for future inquiries the church's phone number is 770 399 5222 and an elder is almost always there or will return a call.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Questions

March 14 2006, 5:08 PM 

I see that Don is a speaker at the Tulsa Soul Sellers Workshop?

Have you noticed that Max Lucado is speaking for the churches of Christ on the music thingy? Sounds like the fix is in this year like all of the other "unity" meeting to sell us some more non-instrumental churches of Christ to the "conservative" Christian churches.

They are selling the BIG LIE that churces of Christ and Christian Churches were once UNITED. However, they say and say and say, that churches of Christ destroyed everything with the 1906 census. Of course, literacy 101aaa knows that the groups had different roots and were NEVER part of the same movement.

I have posted some tidbits here to prove that the churches of Christ simply refused to be INDUCTED as members of the Disciples Denomination. The official census did not occur until AFTERWARD.

http://www.piney.com/TulsaWorkshop.html

Bob Russell -- Christian Church will defend INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC

Max Lucado -- had vision to remove CHRIST and add INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC.

They both use the same collection of false information to prove their point.

After all, the TAG TEAM are both on the same side! Isn't that the meaning of TAG TEAM.

My daughter spent a few years at North Atlanta so I would be interested in knowing whether you are using the Musical Worship Team as the precursor for instruments or not. It seems that most of the churches who have been betrayed are facilitating things by making their church finance NEW CHURCHES which take Christ out of their sight and add instruments to "save more souls." I wonder if the Yoga is not part of a broader Social Gospel?

Thanks, Ken Sublett

Respond to this message   
Preston
(no login)

For Ken

March 15 2006, 10:35 AM 

Romans 10:2
"For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on KNOWLEDGE."

I Corinthians 8:1
"...KNOWLEDGE puffs up, but LOVE builds up.

Respond to this message   
Johnny Johnson
(no login)

Finally!

March 15 2006, 11:37 AM 

This should be the best Tulsa Workshop ever! I'm glad they are finally progressing to Max and ZOE Group. The crowds should get larger and larger for years to come now. Maybe next year they'll invite some good christian bands. I love it!

Respond to this message   
ConcernedMembers
(Login ConcernedMembers)
ConcernedMembersChurchList

Yoga and Christianity: Are They Compatible?

March 14 2006, 3:34 PM 

Yoga and Christianity: Are They Compatible?

"In my opinion, then, Christians would be better off to never begin yoga practice."
http://www.probe.org/content/view/967/0/

Respond to this message   
MW
(no login)

Re: Yoga and Christianity: Are They Compatible?

March 15 2006, 11:14 AM 

Yes, First Yoga, then before you know - Bingo a community church. I think Rick Warren started with Yoga!

Respond to this message   
Sal O.
(no login)

I bet you do

March 15 2006, 6:20 PM 

"I think Rick Warren started with Yoga!"

You probably really do think that. It probably never occured to you that he may have started with prayer, Bible study and a humble heart. That MIGHT... just MIGHT be the reason God has blessed his church with 20-100 TIMES (litrerally) more converts than yours.

Try it. It really does work. If not... there's always yoga!

Respond to this message   
gary doyle
(no login)

there was a farmer had a dog

March 16 2006, 11:07 AM 

hey why not just go with bingo straight out. that's kinda like casting lots and they did that in the bible.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: there was a farmer had a dog

July 26 2015, 9:12 PM 

YOGA is a gateway drug: pretty soon you can meditate on a word like SPEAK meaning that which is written and have "a" spirit telly you that Paul commanded you to SING!

As anticipated the "frog boiling" matured and North Atlanta ceases to be a Church OF Christ by adding instrumental music to SAVE MORE SOULS.

http://www.piney.com/North.Atlanta.Church.of.Christ.Instrumental.Music.html

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.180.96 on Jul 30, 2015 4:00 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened At the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter