Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?......Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  

"The Wall of Shame" (Churches That Use the Musical Machines ... So Far)

January 11 2009 at 4:23 PM
John Waddey  (Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 70.156.25.61

Dear Readers:

The church is in the midst of a battle that will determine her future. Will she continue to be the church founded by Christ or will she become a "Christian Church" or an Evangelical denomination? Although she has many enemies in the world, the enemy in this conflict is within her own ranks. They claim to members of the Church of Christ but are working ceaselessly to deconstruct her faith, her worship, her very existence. If you find today's lesson helpful, please forward it to others.

-John Waddey

==========================================

THE WALL OF SHAME

To honor their heroes, men build "Halls of Fame." To expose rogues and rascals some have created "Walls of Shame."

Among those who deserve to have their names on a wall of shame are those who have inflicted wounds on the church, the body of Christ (Eph. 1:22). Over the years a numerous band of villains have earned a place on the Wall of Shame. Historically there have been persecutors and oppressors, heretics and corrupters of the faith. There have been factious men and schismatics. Some have been ambitious for power and recognition. Others have used the church for their own enrichment. Still others have used her as a cloak to hid their sins.

Today, we nominate those contemporary leaders of the church who have opted to introduce instrumental music into their worship of God. You might be thinking, but surely there are far worse sins than the use of an instrument of music in worship. In one sense this is true. Atheism, or denial of Christ as the divine Son, is a greater sin. To blaspheme God or to curse his name is surely worse. But comparing one sin with the other and concluding that my sin is not as bad as yours is nothing to be proud of. All sin is a transgression of God's law (I John 3:4). All sin is offensive to God. All sin that is not repented of and renounced will be punished!

For preachers and elders of a congregation of the Church of Christ to embrace the use of instrumental music is especially shameful. It is a betrayal of a trust committed to their hands (I Tim. 6:20). The Lord's church was seriously wounded and decimated by liberal-minded leaders in the waning years of the 19th and opening years of the twentieth centuries. Among their innovations was the use of instrumental music in worship. We lost some 85 percent of our congregations and members in that conflict. A valiant handful of faithful men and women stood their ground and refused to compromise. They girded up their loins and went to work to rebuild the Cause of Christ. Within 50 years, their sacrifices and struggles paid off. They recovered all that had been lost and surpassed in size and strength both the Disciples of Christ and the Christian Churches. From their apostate brethren and sectarian neighbors, they endured scorn and ridicule for their commitment to the ancient, biblical form of worship.

As that past generation finished their earthly course, they committed the Lord's church to the care and keeping of this present generation of preachers and elders. They had taught, baptized and nurtured them. But some of them have betrayed that trust and embraced the idol. If it were left to them, the Church of Christ would soon cease to exist on earth.

By adopting the use of instruments in worship they are casting aside a heritage. They do so to please the world, to gain the praise of men, hoping to attract people of the world who have little interest in conforming their worship to God's Word (Gal. 1:10). Their acceptance of instruments of music in worship implies that their fathers were wrong in their faith, worship and stand!

Most of them still cling to the sacred name "church of Christ" but they have renounced and abandoned aspects of the biblical faith, worship and practice ordained by the founder and head of the Church. They are like the unfaithful prophets in Jeremiah's day who "were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush" (Jer. 6:15). They should "bear their shame and their abomination which they have committed" (Ezek. 44:13). Their names should be known to all (Rom. 16:16). Most prominent of those who have begun to use instrumental music in their worship are:

• The Richland Hills Church of Christ, North Richland Hills, TX, Rick Atchley, minister
  • The Quail Springs Church of Christ, Oklahoma City, OK., Mark Henderson, minister.
  • Norway Ave. Church of Christ, Huntington, WV, Jeff Garrett, minister.
  • The Faithcross Church of Christ, (formerly Tomball Church of Christ) Tomball, TX.
  • Oak Hills Church (of Christ), San Antonio, TX, Max Lucado, minister.
  • The Farmers Branch Church of Christ, Dallas, TX, Chris Seidman, minister
  • The Northwest Church of Christ, Seattle, WA, Milton Jones, minister.
  • The Central Church of Christ Cocoa, FL. Don Adkins, minister
  • Metro Church of Christ, Orlando, FL, Don Holland, minister
  • Bridgeway Church (of Christ) Flowermound, TX, Art, McNeese, minister
  • The First Colony Church of Christ, Sugarland, TX, Ronnie Norman, minister

This list will grow as other congregations choose to walk this path. There are many leaders who really see nothing wrong with using instruments in worship. It is just a matter of time before join the pilgrimage to Baal's shrine.

E-Mail: johnwaddey@aol.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: "The Wall of Shame" (Churches That Use the Musical Machines ... So Far)

February 3 2009, 2:36 PM 

"For this reason the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his slaves. When he had begun to settle them, one who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. But since he did not have the means to repay, his lord commanded him to be sold, along with his wife and children and all that he had, and repayment to be made. So the slave fell to the ground and prostrated himself before him, saying, 'Have patience with me and I will repay you everything.' And the lord of that slave felt compassion and released him and forgave him the debt. But that slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves who owed him a hundred denarii; and he seized him and began to choke him, saying, 'Pay back what you owe.' So his fellow slave fell to the ground and began to plead with him, saying, 'Have patience with me and I will repay you.' But he was unwilling and went and threw him in prison until he should pay back what was owed. So when his fellow slaves saw what had happened, they were deeply grieved and came and reported to their lord all that had happened. Then summoning him, his lord said to him, 'You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?' And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him." (NASB, MAtthew 18:23-34)

Respond to this message   
justachristian
(no login)

Mr. Waddey you are irrelevant

May 8 2009, 8:46 AM 

Mr Waddey,
You worry about music and the world dies without Jesus. It is no wonder you and your kind have become irrelevant. May God have mercy on you.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Irrelevant?

May 8 2009, 9:39 AM 

The music issue should be irrelevant to you if you've never been or are no longer part of the brotherhood. John Waddey's message, clearly to the brotherhood and not to the denominational world, is to warn churches of Christ that instrumental music in the assembly is one major source of division. We would not want 1906 to recur, would we? By the way, the few congregations that have employed its unnecessary and controversial use are now affiliated with the Christian Churches or have become Community Churches. Their choices, of course.

Respond to this message   
Ray
(no login)

Who is irrelevant?

May 8 2009, 3:18 PM 

Donnie,

As long as you and your mentos continue to make music your test of faith rather than the Lord Jesus, it is not us who are irrelevant. It is those who no longer focus on Jesus the Christ who are irrelevant.

God bless you when you seek to return to Him.

Respond to this message   
Simply a Christian
(no login)

Music as a Test of Faith

September 28 2009, 5:47 PM 

Ray writes, "As long as you and your mentos continue to make music your test of faith rather than the Lord Jesus, it is not us who are irrelevant."

Ray is right, he's not irrelevant, he's very relevant because he's trying to separate Jesus from the teaching of Jesus. Jesus delegated his authority to the apostles who wrote he epistles that tell us how he wants to be worshipped. Included in that is worship using only the heart as the instrument. The reason he's relevant is he's a false teacher, teaching people that God is pleased with a perverted form of worship.

He then writes, "It is those who no longer focus on Jesus the Christ who are irrelevant."

Excuse me, I'm focused on Jesus Christ, as the brother who wrote the original post seems to be. I'm focused on doing his will and pleasing him in what I do. You, Ray, are the one who needs to worry about not being focused.

Respond to this message   
Ray
(no login)

False teachings are from John, Donnie and "piney"

September 30 2009, 12:08 PM 

Brother "Simply a Christian",

Nowhere God has called worshipping with instruments a sin. It is a matter of opinion and personal interpretation.

Donnie and "piney" teach that God NEVER authorized instrumental music, a teaching that is clearly contradicted by the Holy Word of God. John passes judgement on the other Christians' opinions, a practice clearly condemned in Romans and 1 Corinthians.

Now, tell us again, from specific scriptures, who is violating God's specific commands and who is not violating God's specific commands.

God bless you as you seek what God teaches and not what men such as John, Donnie and "piney" have tried to deceive you with.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Yes, Christ in spirit repudiated music in all of the prophets

October 1 2009, 5:50 PM 

If you tell a lie often enough people will believe it. Seems to work, huh? I cannot grasp how people can be so ignorant of the spiritual message by Christ and cannot find a sliver of justification for MUSIC in the "school of the Bible." Readers would understood that Christ defined the INCLUSIVES for the Church of Christ in the wilderness as well as the EXCLUSIVES. Not even Simple Simon had any trouble with that until we began manufacturing preachers as theologians. It proves to me that such people have never read any of the Bible except the proof texts gleaned out of a simple lexicon.

Jesus didn't say "Thou shalt not be a hypocrite" so using the law of silence you have divine permission to be a hypocrite. However, being Biblically illiterate is the MARK of the "doctors of the law' whom Jesus said "take away the key to knowledge."

[linked image]
[linked image]

Paul outlawed DOUBTFUL DISPUTATIONS which means anything of a diverse opinion not conducive of conducting School of the Bible with Jesus the SOLE teacher. Preachers love music because it makes the minds of people like sponge women so that they suck up the songs and sermons which VIOLATE direct commands.

Doubtful disputations are those diverse opinions which arise out of the human imagination which has NO AUTHORITY for any other person: it imposed in the church is is ANTI-Christian.

DOGMA: A. that which seems to one, opinion or belief, philosophical doctrines, 2. decision, judgement, public decree, ordinance If the elders decide to DO something NOT defined by DOCTRINE then they are called DOGMATIC and violate Romans 14.

The Greek word ARESKOS in Romans 15 outlaws creating meantal excitement which is the laded burden Jesus died to remove along with the burden laders.

PEOPLE'S TESTIMONY HAVE VALUE ONLY TO THAT PERSON BUT ALMOST ALWAYS TEND TO MINIMIZE THE LETTER OF THE WORD.

Dogma is the Greek Autonomia or Self made laws: 3. dogmatism it includes POETRY poi-etikos or poetic license.

A. freedom to use its own laws, independence,

DOGMATIC IN CHURCH means self-composed sermons almost never teaching "that which has been taught" or self-composed silly ditties violating the command to use "that which is written" Paul defines as Scripture

Dogma is: Poi-etikos A.capable of making, creative, productive Opposite to praktikos or useful. Strong, vigorous. with mousikoi II. of persons, skilled in music, musical, melody, used to speak before a mob, elegant, delicate, effeminate. Hedone

Sorry but you will NEVER find religious music DISCONNECTED from males who are "drunk, perverted or just having fun." Take your pick but worship is in the PLACE of the human Spirit and Paul warned not to let the DOGS into your service.

Dogma is: Hedone A. enjoyment, pleasure, first in Simon.71, S.l.c., Hdt.1.24, al.; prop. of sensual pleasures, desires after pleasure, pleasant lusts, X.Mem.1.2.23, Ep.Tit.3.3, al.

Dogma is: Charizo: [Grace] In erotic sense, grant favors, to a man, comedy, gratify or indulge a humor of passion. Give up as a favor by dropping a law aimed at him,

Autonomia is used with: theor-etikos A.able to perceive, 2. of the mind, contemplative, speculative, Philosophy i. e. one who speculates on truth and reality, 2. of arguments, sciences, etc., scientific, philosophic,
Has the meaning of Voluntarius I. willing, of his or its own free-will, voluntary.

RAY, GOD IS GOD AND YOU ARE NOT: HE DEFINES THE MEANING OF WORSHIP and it cannot be done in your HOUSE or by the works of your hands clapping, raising, pointing or beating on what is called "instruments of delusions." Mad, Ray, they are MAD: stark raving mad and they are working LYING WONDERS which defines the scenic or musical rituals CLAIMING that they are for a god.

Ray is just on the DOLE and is probably a SCRIBE or PHARISEE (defines all clergy) and Jesus calls him a HYPOCRITE by NAMING slick speakers, singers and instrument players. The word HYPOCRITE includes all of the performing arts: if used when Jesus comes to gather with us it was the MARK of people "making the Lambs dumb before the slaughter." The PROOF TEXT used by Rick Atchley and therefore all of the lower case ditto heads is the BURNT OFFERING of the GOATS as a UNITY EFFORT for Israel who laughed at them. And the point is that ALL of the prophets deny that God COMMANDED burnt offerings or scarifices: they were imposed when they rose up in musical idolatry at Mount Sinai and God abandoned them to the BABYLONIANISM now coming to a church near you.

RAY, YOU JUST DON'T HAVE A CLUE. You must have your degree from ACU?

Respond to this message   
justachristian
(no login)

shame

May 8 2009, 6:01 PM 

Donnie, Men like you and Mr. Waddey make pretense to be angry for God when there is no evidence that God is angry. The world dies without Jesus while you try to look religious with your hobbies. Men like Mr. Waddey are indeed irrevelant!! Time is wasting while you argue non essentials. May God have mercy!!!

Respond to this message   
anonymous
(no login)

What?

November 25 2010, 9:10 AM 

...does irrevelant mean?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: What?

November 27 2010, 4:38 PM 

To describe a person or matter as irrelevant is to say someone or something is not applicable; not connected; extraneous ; immaterial ; impertinent ; no value ; having no bearing on or connection with the subject at issue.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: What?

November 27 2010, 5:24 PM 

Anonymous (99.186.93.107),

I really think that anonymous (69.255.186.60) knew what the word "irrelevant" means, but just wanted to point out how that "justachristian" misspelled (intentionally or not) the word as "irrevelant" in men "like Mr. Waddey are indeed irrevelant!!"

The other possibility is wanting an explanation as to why "justachristian" thought that: "Men like you [Donnie] and Mr. Waddey make pretense to be angry for God ... are indeed irrevelant!!"

Regardless, I would like to challenge "justachristian" with the following statements:
  • The Restoration Movement principle is to uphold the truth that Christ established His church (not denominational churches), to follow the teachings found in the New Testament.

• Mr. Waddey and Donnie uphold the same truth and principle.

• Therefore, "justachristian" should not be accusing Mr. Waddey and Donnie, but others who believe that the gospel of Christ should be altered or watered down to make it relevant to culture.

Respond to this message   
john
(no login)

Mr Waddey, do your [...]?

January 18 2012, 10:17 PM 

Mr Waddey will not answer questions concerning [...]. He is the publisher of "Christianity, then and now", and his readers deserve to know what [...].

Please read [...]:

So I ask again: Are [. . .]?

[...]

How about [...]? Is [...]?
Mr Waddey so many people in the Lords church read your publication, and they deserve answers to these questions.

Thank you,
john

==========================

Sorry, John, Mr. Waddey does not actively communicate with anyone via this medium.

Yes, he has written and published books and articles, many of which have been posted by ConcernedMembers with permission [... that we didn't even need to ask]. Of course, he wants to spread the good news as much as possible.

Be assured that we can try to answer questions for him that pertain to a clearer understanding of, perhaps, doctrinal matters that often lead to division in Christendom.

Thanks for your participation in the discussion.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jan 20, 2012 9:18 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Personal attacks

January 19 2012, 12:08 PM 

If John wants to question any one's views of the Bible it would be nice to state the question.

If John is considering placing himself under subjection to any preacher he should address that person personally.

Since Jesus only used Clay Jars to hold his truth He wanted us to test one's teaching and not have respect persons. It may be a problem of being conditioned to look to the skills and character of the speaker which prevents us from discussing issues that apply to the Bible. Most of them will be found to have clay feet.

We hope that nothing written in this forum suggests any moral or spiritual achievements of the moderaters. I

Respond to this message   
Steven
(no login)

7 levels of Hebraic praise

May 27 2015, 12:27 PM 

You read the bible from such a western Americanized point of view. You probably don't seek to know the cultural context. You probably don't search the scriptures as one who really wants to learn God's heart or his decrees. You are probably just trying to follow what your family told you for years and years. I am sorry for you. However, it's not too late. Take a look at the seven Hebraic levels of worship. Tell me about the "Zamar" form of worship. Begin to actually worship the way God wants you to. You don't define praise. God does. At the end of our life, when God shows us all what we "could have" done with the power he gave us, I think we will all be very disappointed with ourselves. Let's not waste the power God has given us. Do not worship tradition. Worship God the way He wants, not you. I hear a lot of "I'm not comfortable with that so I won't do it". It's not about us! It's about what God CALLS us to do. God defines praise. NOT US.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

There is no "praise" SERVICE or praise leaders permitted by God

May 29 2015, 2:07 PM 

You read the bible from such a western Americanized point of view. You probably don't seek to know the cultural context. You probably don't search the scriptures as one who really wants to learn God's heart or his decrees. You are probably just trying to follow what your family told you for years and years. I am sorry for you. However, it's not too late. Take a look at the seven Hebraic levels of worship. Tell me about the "Zamar" form of worship. Begin to actually worship the way God wants you to. You don't define praise. God does. At the end of our life, when God shows us all what we "could have" done with the power he gave us, I think we will all be very disappointed with ourselves. Let's not waste the power God has given us. Do not worship tradition. Worship God the way He wants, not you. I hear a lot of "I'm not comfortable with that so I won't do it". It's not about us! It's about what God CALLS us to do. God defines praise. NOT US.

Praise singing believes that it can cause the gods to PRODUCE whatever it is they praise.

The only assembly by Direct Command and approved examples is called a READING ASSEMBLY: It is call a SYNAGOGUE or a SCHOOL of Christ: He commanded us to teach what HE commanded to be taught and He cast out the musical minstrels from his presence.

There is no collective "worship" in the Bible. The Babylonish Temple worship is defined ONLY by those who bowed or fell on their face. The God-abandoned Levite instrumental noise makers are never called "worshipers." The ONLY spiritual worship concept is to give attendance to God by giving attendance to what HE said of Himself.

Worship or abadoh in Hebrew means hard work or BONDAGE. The service of the Jacob-cursed and God-abandoned Levites has the same meaning as Abaddon or Apollon. That is because musical idolatry at Mount Sinai requested that God release the people and He turned them over to worship the starry host. God did not command king, kingdom, temple, animal slaughter, priests or levites. The prophesying of the Levites was soothsaying and/or sorcery because the fear during all that slaughter of the innocents needed EXORCISTS.

The godly people were commanded to stay close to home on the evil seventh day: the only worship concept for the spiritual people was in the Church of Christ (the Rock) or Synagogue: by command that outlawed "vocal or instrumental rejoicing" or speakers other than PREACHING the Word by READING the Word. They were quarantined FROM the Temple. Literal worship means to fall on your face which you will do if you want to "praise God." Praise Singing is the world's oldest profession because abnormal people claimed that they could make contact with a "god" if you gave them money.

Zimrah (h2172) zim-raw'; from 2167; a musical piece or song to be accompanied by an instrument: - melody, psalm.
Zamar (h2167) zaw-mar'; a prim. root [perh. ident. with 2168 through the idea of striking with the fingers]; prop. to touch the strings or parts of a musical instrument, i. e. play upon it; to make music, accompanied by the voice; hence to celebrate in song and music: - give praise, sing forth praises, psalms.

Num 25:14 Now the name of the Israelite that was slain even that was slain with the Midianitish woman, was Zimri, the son of Salu, a prince of a chief house among the Simeonites.
H2174 zimrıy zim-ree' From H2167 ; musical; Zimri, the name of five Israelites, and of an Arabian tribe:--Zimri.

Zamar, like Psallo, includes only "striking or smiting with the FINGERS but never with a plectrum." That is because it is derived from twanging a bow string to send forth a "singing" arrow. Zamar and Psallo absolutely outlaw a guitar pick, blowing a wind instrument or percussion instrument.

[linked image]

Pruning the vine speaks of vineyard songs.

B. "to cut off the sentence." Hebrew cantillation was not mertical and there is no musical melody in Bible. Cantillation was cutting the bible text (only) into syllables to make SPEAKING that which is written for our learning easier to understand

II play on a musical instrument. Zamar means to play an instrument ONLY when one is named: if you pluck something you should know what you intend to pluck.

E. Music by definition includes moving your body parts in step with the notes

In the text you will notice that the writer states what HE WOULD do. There is no command, example or remote inference of God calling people out of their REST to engage in group singing with or without an instrument.

Paul commanded that we SPEAK the recorded text
Speak words from LOGOS are opposite the ODE.
Paul wants us to teach with the TEXT and leave the ODES and PSALLO in the heart or silent. Lifeless instruments are compared to speaking in tongues destroy the listening-learning process.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: There is no "praise" SERVICE or praise leaders permitted by God

May 31 2015, 7:00 PM 

I was hoping you will tell us what you mean by Zamar Worship.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened At the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter