Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?......Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  

Addressed to LU Bible Students

August 27 2010 at 10:19 PM
Ken Sublett  (Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 67.142.130.12

I have reviewed some of the class material by John Mark Hicks. I might prove helpful that I have added the actual text to make the evaluation more Biblical. You may have to fake it if you want a passing grade.

John Mark Hicks: Rules replaced by Spiritism?

http://www.piney.com/Hicks.Rapprochement.html

My post attributing the neo-trinitarianism or tritheism at Lipscomb to H. Leo Boles needs ammending to include Harding's earlier push to make the bodily indwelling of a separate Spirit person the credo of churches of Christ in the S.E.

The Grace - Spirit Harding patternism

http://www.piney.com/Holy.Spirit.Harding.Hicks.html

John Mark favorably reviews the Nashville as opposed to the Texas patternism which includes premillenialism still rampant along with other false teachings.

Holy Spirit Presence of the Coming Age.

http://www.piney.com/John.Mark.Hicks.Holy.Spirit.Presence.html

This will confirm Jesus who said that "doctors of the law take away the key to knowledge." John Mark follows the theological patternism of looking up references in a topical index and then fabricating a theology to match. Almost universally you will discover that the Bible contradicts them and makes their teaching answer to John's definition of anti-christ.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ray
(no login)

Ken is being devisive again

September 2 2010, 7:26 AM 

Ken's attack on John Mark Hicks is unprovoked. No concerned member of LU has come to Ken to voice their concerns. No concerned strudent of LU has come to Ken to voice their concerns. No concerned parent of a student of LU has initiated this attack.

Ken is decisive and has been marked as such. He does not serve God in his unprovoked attacks.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(no login)

"Mark them...."

September 2 2010, 11:27 AM 

Ray,

Are you that opposed to freedom of speech?

John Mark is being "marked" -- that's all. Mr. Hicks is one of those that the Scripture is alluding to: "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them" (Rom. 16:17).

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

I contest

September 2 2010, 2:01 PM 

I incent being called decisive!

Respond to this message   
Lu alumni...
(no login)

Incest

September 5 2012, 11:41 PM 

You incest being called decisive?

Respond to this message   
Duane K Estill
(no login)

Why?

September 7 2012, 8:37 AM 

So the students, staff, parents, and concerned others need to be warned, in the first place? They need to be warned by none other than you? And they are incapable of seeing these, to you, issues that are so glaringly detrimental to truth, that bad.....that just in case they aren't seen by everyone as obviously horrible as you take them to be....then it's really YOU that truly knows and understands, and his the insight to save us all?? Is that it?

You never state a unique position. Your entire approach is simply that of a fatalistic, defensive, knee-jerk reactionary. No creativity, no originality. Yet....even Dr. Hicks, and anyone like him, has to think and articulate things JUST LIKE YOU, or they need to be marked and avoided.

Is that your plan?

Do you think Lipscomb should put you in charge of their Bible Department to really "set everything straight." I'd like to see the course list. "Kee-Jerk Mark and Avoid 101," "Anyone that is different than you is really really bad 102."

Why don't you state some solid positions, and interact with positions, instead of just assuming the falseness of what it is you are presently attacking? State what it is that you see good about our fellowship, our brethren, about Dr. Hicks? Oh...you don't see anything good? Well...that is your problem, not the fellowship's or Dr. Hicks'. You never have anything good to say about anyone but yourself. In order to believe anything you write....we must ASSUME that the other guy is completely and utterly wrong and there is nothing good or positive and that they are destroying the church. You never mention a middle ground, you never advocate any kindness or personal contact. Why don't you go have coffee with Dr. Hicks and talk to him face to face instead of attacking from behind? You would never do that, would you?

You require zero interaction and isolation in order to maintain the facade you present to the world. You must operated in this isolated manner because the slightest interaction causes you to lose the control you so desparately require in order to maintain your image and appearance. When in fact, you would not be able to say what you said about Dr. Hicks, in the manner that you did, if you had initiated the least bit of contact with him. No, we can't have that, YOU can't have that. Why? Because you're not interested in that. You're only interested in propping yourself up, in utter isolation, as the one true person who understands really really what's going on. Where are you positive positions? Where is your formulated series of thoughts? There aren't any because your entire program consists exclusively on attack, criticism, and false, conflated and high handed claims against any that do not think and write exactly like you.

There is no need to "mark" you.....for this biggest mark on you is the mark you have created, and the mark that increases ever more with every attack you print. Your condemnation is already within the words you have written, you're marks on others constitute only a larger mark against you. You, to all indications in the spirit of your writing, live in an awfully isolated, and lonely, negative, angry, condemnatory, and very very small, world.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Why?

September 9 2012, 10:34 AM 

Ignatius the early "Church Father" who repudiates the teachings of the Ignatius of Loyala the SPIRITUAL TERRORIST. The Jesuits are a MILITANT group in hire of the Pope to force conversions or be murdered. Other favorites are John Ortberg of Willow Creek: the Germans rejected the group as being to much like a Para-military group. On the other hand, Ignatius repudiates all of the false teachings promoted by those who have never read anything Ignatius ever wrote.

http://www.piney.com/Lipscomb.University.2012.Ignatian.Retreat.html

A Personal Ignatian Retreat: Opening to the Presence of Christ in All Things

Reminding the Romans (also Corinthians 10) about the Musical Idolatry of the Egyptian trinity:

Romans 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law,
That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise,
Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Romans 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Romans 10:8 But what saith it?
The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Ignatian Spirituality
The Spiritual Exercises by Barry, SJ
William Barry SJ - women and ordiantion
Lipscomb Ignatian Retreat:
Resting on over 200 wooded and landscaped acres with a magnificent bluff view, St. Mary's Sewanee provides a sacred space in which guests may meet, bring their own group programs, engage in a personal retreat, or participate in program offerings by St. Mary's Sewanee.. There is a labyrinth on which to trace a sacred path.

http://www.piney.com/MuClement.html

Clement of Alexandria
Do not play the tyrant, O man, over beauty, nor offer foul insult to youth in its bloom. Keep beauty pure, that it may be truly fair. Be king over beauty, not its tyrant. Remain free, and then I shall acknowledge thy beauty, because thou hast kept its image pure: then will I worship that true beauty which is the archetype of all who are beautiful.

Now the grave of the debauched boy is the temple and town of Antinous. For just as temples are held in reverence, so also are sepulchres, and pyramids, and mausoleums, and labyrinths, which are temples of the dead, as the others are sepulchres of the gods. As teacher on this point, I shall produce to you the Sibyl prophetess:- [Revelation 17 The Great Mother]

"Not the oracular lie of Phoebus, [Apollo, Abaddon, Apollyon]
Whom silly men called God, and falsely termed Prophet;
But the oracles of the great God, who was not made by men's hands,
Like dumb idols of Sculptured stone. (Vulg., Sibyllini, p. 253. )

THE EXERCISES OF IGNATIUS VALIDATE THE WORSHIP OF THE MOTHER OF GODS

FIRST EXERCISE First Prelude. The First Prelude is a composition, seeing the place. a Temple or Mountain where Jesus Christ or Our Lady is found,

Second: The first Colloquy to Our Lady, that she may get me grace from Her Son and Lord for three things:
just when I want to go asleep, to think, for the space of a HAIL MARY
in presence of Thy infinite Goodness and in presence of Thy glorious Mother and of all the Saints of the heavenly Court

Third: and likewise what the Angel and Our Lady are doing, namely, the Angel doing his duty as ambassador, and Our Lady humbling herself and giving thanks to the Divine Majesty;
thinking what I ought to say to the Three Divine Persons, or to the Eternal Word incarnate, or to our Mother and Lady,

One Colloquy to Our Lady, that she may get me grace from Her Son and Lord that I may be received under His standard;
and with that a HAIL MARY
. Etc.,,,,

[linked image]

Why defend THE meaning of an ANTICHRIST?

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 166.248.64.97 on Sep 9, 2012 10:53 AM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The WORD is the only resource for MEDITATING

September 10 2012, 9:58 PM 

The Command of Christ the Rock in the wilderness had two inclusive components:

READ the Word: Exodus 18 made provision for small groups
REHEARSE or Meditate on that Word (only)

That Pattern is repeated over and over:
SPEAK to yourselves in the Biblical Text.
Meditate (Mele not Melos) in the HEART.

The Campbells defined the Assembly as excluding all of the society functions and
READ and MUSE about the Word of God.

If you meditate out of your OWN heart then God says that your IMAGINATION is evil continually. It's Simple, Simon: if man could have meditated truth then Jesus died in vain.

In the Epistle of Barabas c. ad 100

http://www.piney.com/FathEpBarna.html

What, then, does he mean?

That we ought to join ourselves to those that fear the Lord,

.....those who meditate in their heart on the commandment which they have received,
.....those who both utter the judgments of the Lord and observe them,
........those who know that meditation is a work of gladness,
........and who ruminate upon the word of the Lord.

Lightfoot's Translation: Barnabas 10:11 Again Moses saith; Ye shall everything that divideth the hoof and cheweth the cud. What meaneth he?

He that receiveth the food knoweth Him that giveth him the food, and being refreshed appeareth to rejoice in him.

Well said he, having regard to the commandment. What then meaneth he?

Cleave unto those that fear the Lord,

.....with those who meditate in their heart
.....on the distinction of the word which they have received,

with those who tell of the ordinances of the Lord and keep them,
with those who know that meditation is a work of gladness

.....and who chew the cud of the word of the Lord.

But why that which divideth the hoof?

.....Because the righteous man both walketh in this world,
.....and at the same time looketh for the holy world to come.
.....Ye see how wise a lawgiver Moses was.

And if you have any remembrance of what is good, be mindful of me, meditating on these things, in order that both my desire and watchfulness may result in some good. I beseech you, entreating this as a favour. While yet you are in this fair vessel, do not fail in any one of those things, but unceasingly seek after them, and fulfil every commandment; for these things are worthy. Wherefore I have been the more earnest to write to you, as my ability served, that I might cheer you. Farewell, ye children of love and peace.

The Lord of glory and of all grace be with YOUR spirit. Amen.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Addressed to LU Bible Students

September 17 2012, 12:13 PM 

Lectio (read a bit of the word to MAKE contact, then DIVINA meaning DIVINATION or witchcraft to prophesy or hear the gods directly.

[linked image]

The old wives were: Graodes (g1126) grah-o'-dace; from graus , (an old woman) and 1491; crone-like, i.e. silly: - old wives.

1133 gunaikarion: foolish woman: -- silly woman.
1136 Gog: Gog, a symbolic name for some future Anti-Christ.

"Paul called the teachings 'profane' and 'fit only for old women,' a strong indication that women were the teachers. There isn't any doubt Jesus identified Jezebel as a false prophetess and teacher who taught heresies mixed with sexual immorality (Rev. 3:20). From the available information it can be deduced she was a Gnostic teacher." (Trombley, Who Says Women Can't Teach, p. 165)

Graodes is the derogatory word used for 'old women' when they are being silly or mislead. So it is an idiom for anyone stupid enough to come under the influence of evil.}

The feminist movement, which began as a political, economic, and social struggle, is opening to a spiritual dimension. In the process, many women are discovering the old religion, reclaiming the word wl'tch and, with it, some of our lost culture.

Witchcraft, today, is a kaleidoscope of diverse traditions, rituals, theologies, and structures. But underneath the varying forms is a basic orientation common to all the craft.

The outer forms of religion-the particular words said, the signs made, the names used-are less important to us than the inner forms, which cannot be defined or described but must be felt and intuited.

The craft is earth religion, and our basic orientation is to the earth, to life, to nature. There is no dichotomy between spirit and flesh, no split between Godhead and the world. The Goddess is manifest in the world; she brings life into being, is nature, is flesh. Union is not sought outside the world in some heavenly sphere or through dissolution of the self into the void beyond the senses. Spiritual union is found in life, within nature, passion, sensuality-through being fully human, fully one's self. Our great symbol for the Goddess is the moon, whose three aspects reflect the three stages in women's lives and whose cycles of waxing and waning coincide with women's menstrual cycles.

As the new moon or crescent, she is the Maiden, the Virgin-not chaste, but belonging to herself alone, not bound to any man. She is the wild child, lady of the woods, the huntress, free and untamed-Artemis, Kore, Aradia, Nimue. White is her color. As the full moon, she is the mature woman, the sexual being, the mother and nurturer, giver of life, fertility, grain, offspring, potency, joy-Tana, Demeter, Diana, Ceres, Mari. Her colors are the red of blood and the green of growth.

As waning or dark moon, she is the old woman, past menopause,

the hag or crone that is ripe with wisdom, patroness of secrets, prophecy, divination, inspiration, power-Hecate, Ceridwen, Kati, Anna. Her color is the black of night. The Goddess is also earth-Mother Earth, who sustains all growing things, who is the body, our bones and cells.

She is air-the winds that move in the trees and over the waves, breath. She is the fire of the hearth, of the blazing bonfire and the fuming volcano; the power of transformation and change. And she is water-the sea, original source of life; the rivers, streams, lakes and wells; the blood that flows in the rivers of our veins. She is mare, cow, cat, owl, crane, flower, tree, apple, seed, lion, sow, stone, woman. She is found in the world around us, in the cycles and seasons of nature, and in mind, body, spirit, and emotions within each of us. Thou art Goddess.

I am Goddess. All that lives (and all that is, lives), all that serves life, is Goddess. Because witches are oriented to earth and to life, we value spiritual qualities that I feel are especially important to women, who have for so long been conditioned to be passive, submissive and weak. The craft values independence, personal strength, self-not petty selfishness but that deep core of strength within that makes us each a unique child of the Goddess.

The craft has no dogma to stifle thought, no set of doctrines that have to be believed. Where authority exists, within covens, it is always coupled with the freedom every covener has, to leave at any time.

When self is valued-in ourselves-we can see that self is everywhere. Passion and emotion-that give depth and color and meaning to human life-are also valued.

Witches strive to be in touch with feelings, even if they are sometimes painful, because the joy and pleasure and ecstasy available to a fully alive person make it worth occasional suffering.

So-called negative emotion-anger-is valued as well, as a sign that something is wrong and that action needs to be taken. Witches prefer to handle anger by taking action and making changes rather than by detaching ourselves from our feelings in order to reach some nebulous, "higher" state. Most of all, the craft values love.

The Goddess' only law is "Love unto all beings."

But the love we value is not the airy flower power of the hippies or the formless, abstracted agape of the early Christians.

It is passionate, sensual, personal love, eros, falling in love, mother-child love, the love of one unique human being for other individuals, with all their personal traits and idiosyncrasies.

Love is not something that can be radiated out in solitary meditation-it manifests itself in relationships and interractions with other people. It is often said "You cannot be a witch alone"-because to be a witch is to be a lover, a lover of the Goddess, and a lover of other human beings.

The coven is still the basic structure of the craft, and generally covens meet at the times of full moons and the major festivals,

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 17 2012, 8:22 PM 

My quick take on Lipscombs false teaching: you can have all of the double negatives you can find!

http://www.piney.com/Lipscomb.University.2012.Ignatian.Retreat.html

Links to the real Ignatius along with his theology which repudiates the FOUNDATION of Lipscombs theology and especially Spiritual Formation where they attempt to replace the Spirit OF Christ in His Word which He claims has the only transforming power.

http://www.piney.com/Divination.and.Lectio.Divina.html

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/seil/seil11.htm

FIRST EXERCISE First Prelude. find in your imagination (evil imagination is the reason for sending Jesus Christ) a Temple or Mountain where Jesus Christ or Our Lady is found,

John 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
John 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
John 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

THIRD EXERCISE: The first Colloquy to Our Lady, that she may get me grace from Her Son and Lord for three things:

FIFTH EXERCISE: just when I want to go asleep, to think, for the space of a HAIL MARY, Second prelude: think about Purgatory

SECOND WEEK THIRD POINT: I make my oblation with Thy favor and help, in presence of Thy infinite Goodness and in presence of Thy glorious Mother and of all the Saints of the heavenly Court;

THIRD POINT: and likewise what the Angel and Our Lady are doing, namely, the Angel doing his duty as ambassador, and Our Lady humbling herself and giving thanks to the Divine Majesty

Etc, etc, etc

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 19 2012, 1:30 PM 

It is asserted that Adolph Hitler used Ignatius and the Jesuits Military wing as his pattern and Catholic authority for getting rid of the Jews (I haven't chased this dow). Naturally the Jesuits used as the FOUNDATION of Lectio Divina and Centering prayers claim that the Jesuits are godly because the rid the world of heretics. We know that people have used some pretty violent practices in order to infiltrate and divert churches into the Instrumental Sect justifying their actions by "using music to teach them to leave our movement.

The Lipscomb Reclaiming the Imagination:
The Exodus as Paradigmatic Narrative for Preaching

http://www.lipscomb.edu/preaching

This conference proposes that WE allow the worlds IMAGINED
..... in the ESSENTIAL biblical narratives
.....to dramatically shape our preaching and lives.

We believe that preaching REconstitutes biblical paradigms when it engages Scriptures VISIONS
.....by REpresenting what is ABSENT
.....and making present what is INACCESSIBLE
.....to the end that followers of God will live into a God-shaped reality.

Students are CONVINCED that the REVISIONING or REIMAGING of the Word of God is THE TRUTH

Notes from God about ungodly imagination.

http://www.piney.com/Lipscomb.Preaching.2008.html#IMAGINATION

We identify biblical paradigms [Patterns] through the emphases Israel and the church gave them or by the claims made by the texts themselves.

What Paul calls of first importance and Jesus describes as weightier suggest a hierarchy of values--that some parts of Scripture have greater claim than others. These pivotal texts which echo through Scripture should craft the Christian experience as well.

False: Paul says that the FIRST in order of time is the PROTOS gospel as the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. Mark says that the MOST IMPORTANT, beginning or ARCHE gospel begins with baptism prophesied by Christ and fulfilled by John and Jesus.

With a VISION deeply rooted in biblical studies and a homiletic that seeks to live in the world Scripture envisions, this year we ask: What claims on our lives does the Exodus narrative imagine?

http://www.piney.com/Exodus.32.html

It would SUGGEST that using Imagination in a drama of musical idolatry was a "sin beyond redemption."

Scripture says that the Spirit OF Christ inspired the prophets (1 Peter 1:11; 2 Cor 3; Revelation 19:1).
The Prophets and Apostles are the ONLY teaching foundation upon which a Church of Christ is EDUCATED.

LIPSCOMB affirms: The title of Walter Brueggemanns book Hopeful Imagination is revealing. He sees the prophetic books of Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Isaiah as imaginative, poetic works which come out of a community that desperately needs hope because of the devastating political situation-- the Babylonian exile in 587 B.C. Authors used enormous prophetic imagination... The poets...wrought the new actions of God by the power of their imagination, their tongues, their words.

The claim of being Post Modern insists that there is no intention of "teaching that which has been taught" or teaching "that which is written for our learning." Theology (making doctors of the Law) is the mark Jesus left of those who "take away the key to knowledge." A Church of Christ has no other role than to read, mediatate and teach the values of Scripture. Those few still faithful believe that the great EPICS (no Lyrics) of Scripture teach the Spirit once it is A holy spirit as a result of obedience at baptism.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Paul warned about WITCHCRAFT involved with music tries to HELP God.

September 21 2012, 2:06 PM 

Paul, Peter and Jude defines all of the performances beyond the Word as Taught with witchcraft or sorcery. This does and intends to stir up the passion and pride which motivated all pagan systems. Crucified means that at baptism those sins are "washed way." If you stir them up again it must be INTENTIONAL.

http://www.piney.com/Galatians.5.Music.Witchcraft.html

"Theologians" will never and will never need to understand Scripture in context and understood by the definition of words and not by the silly merchandise of Jesuits while ignoring the PURPOSE DRIVING the Jesuits.

Anything which presumes to being down God or boost the "worshiper into the presence of God" is called witchcraft or sorcery. Thinking that your "vain imagination" can let you ignore "that whic is written for our learning" is ANTI-Christian because it elevates the human mind above the Word for which Jesus and the Apostles offered their lives. It is possible to DIVERT a Bible College into part of a Theological Seminary with DEEP roots to the Mother of Gods but it is not possible to be a masculine, School (only) of Christ (only).

God NEVER commanded king, kingdom, temple, animal slaughter, burnt offerings and Jacob-cursed Levites as Soothsayers with instruments.

1 Sam 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Christ in the prophets says that God DID NOT command sacrifices.

"For rebellion [is as] the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness [is as] iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from [being] king." {1Sm 15:23}

+
"So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, [even] against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking [counsel] of [one that had] a familiar spirit, to enquire [of it]; ... And enquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse." {1Ch 10:13-14} + "And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger." {2Ch 33:6} + "But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one: ... And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries." {Act 8:9-11} + "And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: ... And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew [them] into the marketplace unto the rulers," {Act 16:16-19}

"For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye [yourselves] are wise." {2Co 11:19} + "A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;" {Tts 3:10} + "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." {2Pe 2:1} See at the end of 2 Peter Chapter 1.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

September 28 2012, 11:08 AM 

Our hymns are, for the most part, our creed in metre, while it appears in the prose form in our confessions. A methodistic sermon must be succeeded by a methodistic hymn, and a methodistic mode of singing it. And so of the Presbyterian. There is little or no difference to any sect in this one particular. Even the Quaker is not singular here; for as he has no regular sermon he has no regular song, hymn, nor prayer.

Those who have many frames and great vicissitudes of feeling, sing and pray much about them,
and those who are more speculative than practical, prefer exercises of intellect to those of the heart or affections.

The hymn book is as good an index to the brains and to the hearts of a people as the creed book; and scarce a "sermon is preached," which is not followed up by a corresponding hymn or song.

Does the preacher preach up Sinai instead of Calvary, Moses instead of Christ, to convince of convict his audience? Then he sings--

Awak'd by Sinai's awful sound,
My soul in bonds of guilt I found,
And knew not where to go;
O'erwhelm'd with sin, with anguish slain
The sinner must he born again,
Or sink to endless woe."

"When to the law I trembling fled,
It pour'd its curses on my head;
I no relief could find.
This fearful truth increased my pain,
The sinner must be born again,
O'erwhelm'd my tortur'd mind."

"Again did Sinai's thunder roll,
And guilt lay heavy on my soul,
A vast unwieldy load!
Alas! I read and saw it plain.
The sinner must be born again,
Or drink the wrath of God."

I know of nothing more anti-evangelical than the above verses; but they suit one of our law-convincing [395] sermons, and the whole congregation must sing, suit or non-suit the one half of them. But to finish the climax, this exercise is called praising God.

But again--Does the preacher teach his congregation that the time and place when and where the sinner should be converted was decreed from all eternity? Then out of complaisance to the preacher, the congregation must praise the Lord by singing--

"'Twas fix'd in God's eternal mind
When his dear sons should mercy find:
From everlasting he decreed
When every good should be conveyed:'

"Determin'd was the manner how
We should be brought the Lord to know,
Yea, he decreed the very place
Where he would call us by his grace."

Is the absolute and unconditional perseverance of all the converted taught? Then, after sermon, all must sing--

Safe in the arms of Sovereign Love
We ever shall remain,
Nor shall the rage of earth or hell
Make thy dear counsels vain."

"Not one of all the chosen race
But shall to heaven attain;
Partake on earth the purpos'd grace,
And then with Jesus reign."

But does the system teach that there are and must necessarily be cold and dark seasons in the experience of all christians, and that such only are true christians, who have their doubts, fears, glooms, and winters? Then the audience sings--

"Dear Lord, if, indeed, I am thine,
If thou art my sun and my song,
Say why do I languish and pine,
And why are my winters so long?
O drive these dark clouds from my sky,
Thy soul cheering presence restore,
Or take me unto thee on high,
Where winter and clouds are no more."

Without being prolix or irksome in filing objections to all these specimens of hymn singing, I shall mention but two or three:--

1. They are in toto contrary to the spirit and genius of the christian religion
2. They are unfit for any congregation, as but few in any one congregation can with regard to truth, apply them to themselves.

3. They are an essential part of the corrupt systems of this day, and a decisive characteristic the grand apostacy

Respond to this message   
Ken sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 1 2012, 8:45 PM 

Consider Matt 6

Remember Jesus Christ taught as one having authority to both religious leaders and the common folk -

And he taught them all that all those persons who pray, give money or fast to be seen of men have their reward already, that is the acclaim of men. Is that what many of our intellectual leaders are doing ? It seems to me that todays communication media and reverence for advanced degrees have fostered an attitude for the acclaim of mankind.

Jesus taught giving ALMS from our hand to the poor: poor in that sense meant almost destitute. The poor box in the back of the synagogue was for the poor and the money box (called trumpets) were for the widows in the temple courts. Jesus warned about sounding trumpets or making a ritual out of giving which included blowing the wind instruments to stimulate unlawful giving to the rich.

This has to be fulfillment of prophecy. Even the "elect" or the Church will almost be seduced: all of the religionists will be seduced and take the MARK. The "beasts" in Revelation are the two-legged type. Beast or "Theiron" includes the "prophesying Muses" as the "worship team" of Abaddon or Apollyon. It literally means "A New Style of Song or Drama." Isn't that pretty clear.

Many "leaders" write books, give lectures, parade around campus and generally are held in esteem for these things. Yet the scripture says that we are to humble ourselves before the mighty hand of God and he will exalt us in due time. The correct attitude is stated in Psalm 84 - " I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than to dwell in the tents of the wicked". The wicked in this case are those seeking the approval, praise and glory of men - how sad!

They are in a daisy chain and know that they cannot get their books published unless they brown nose the agents of doom. The Jesuits as the pattern for witchery at LU was also the PATTERN for Adolph Hitlers "Gas and Burn" squad. They have the same opinion of themselves that Hitler had and are delusional because they crap on "that which is written for our learning." The Babylon Harlot deals in COMMERCE including SELLING you a degree in something no better then Phrenology at an extorted price. Selling the FREE WATER of the Word of Christ is not pretty BUT its in the Book: we just have to stand up and yell and maybe get hurt.

John calls all of the performers: rhetoricians, singers and instrument players" sorcerers who HAD deceived the world world. Jesus called them hypocrites as the Scribes and Pharisees. That includes the Pharisees who compose new doctrine SO THAT THEY CAN ESCAPE the doctrine of Christ. The Scribes whom Christ said lied about the Temple are those who WRITE or publish the new teachings of the Pharisees. Jesus said that the Scribes or doctors of the law "take away the key to knowledge."
Consider in this regard Matt 7

And he taught them that false prophets are known by their fruits and that doing things outside the scriptures is called practicing lawlessness.

Hoping not to go too far: the FRUITS Israel used for music IN their temple are the same FRUITS Amos warned about and the FRUITS of the Babylon Mother of Harlots.

As I look at what is being taught in our schools and it is much of it is swill. Christ further reminded them that to do the "will of the Father" was required to enter the kingdom. One should be able to reason that the will of man is to be avoided. May we all be determined to do the will of the Father in heaven and build a house on the solid rock of Gods promises. There is no more appropriate passage in the scripture for todays post modern leaders than that which describes those who build on the rock - those who hear and do the sayings of Christ.

Comments Welcome

It's sad but the godly spirits are few in the midst of those OF the World: Jesus did not pray for the World but for those He was sent to save. This is directly opposite to to the VIPER RACE who pray for and will be baptized with WIND and FIRE. I don't believe that normal, spiritual humanoids could pretend to have such a STRAIGHT face and lie because they think that they have "boiled the frogs" and no one will notice.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Gary Holloway now with World Council preaching unity with the WORLD

October 15 2012, 4:39 PM 

Quoting Gary Holloway on Barton W. Stone admires the "circle of fire" of letting the "Holy Spirit" guide you into union quotes and proves the point

Phyllis Tickle, long-time religion editor at Publishers Weekly,

Such a tectonic shift in American Protestantism opens the door for publishers to offer books and materials about and for the new players in a changed religious landscape.

So its all about merchandising. speaking of encouraging children who trusted Lipscomb University.

My own experience teaching in a university where 70% of the students are from a cappella Churches of Christ confirms this cultural shift away from the importance of denominational labels to a deep concern for relational and spiritual union. It is not unusual in a typical week for our students to attend a Monday night instrumental (!) praise worship at a local Church of Christ, a Tuesday night ecumenical teaching session at First Baptist downtown, Wednesday night church at a fairly traditional Church of Christ, and Thursday night Taize worship at a Presbyterian church - all before going home on the weekend to their parents' Church of Christ where many think we are the only Christians!

Of course, no Baptist or Presbyterian college would encourage their students to want to merge with churches of Christ. Students ACT out what Holloway etal have encouraged them to do rather than teaching the the Word as it has been taught."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Gary Holloway now with World Council preaching unity with the WORLD

November 11 2012, 10:33 PM 

Dave Clayton, Campus Minister at Lipscomb and from Hermitage Church of Christ as sponsors has begun an effort out of a bar in Nashville. What began with good intentions seems to be a fully blown rock and roll music venue. He seems amazed at the explosive growth and bleeds LU students but he should not be surprised. Jesus warned that His Church would be despised and rejected by many: many (most) would be called but few (almost none) chosen which means chosen by fire. This is of prophetic proportions

http://www.piney.com/Dave.Clayton.Ethos.Church.of.Christ.Pepperdine.2013.html

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened At the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter