Back to Main Forum Page  

Re: Welcome Wil and Yuki (I think we now have 3) ... Our

July 17 2008 at 7:41 AM
No score for this post
Wil  (Login engourdi)
Akita Q & A Forum (Forum Members)

Response to Welcome Wil and Yuki (I think we now have 3) ... Our

Thanks for the responses. I will get pictures of her in the next day or 2 for posting. I will also post pictures of the last 2 we had.

She does itch all over. It seems that she scratches and nibbles at just about every spot she can. She itched her ear open last night which means now she has a cone head for a few days until it heals. The tip of her nose get broken open daily because she rubs it against the carpet. I wish she would stop this since I have off white carpet . Her stomach has a little rash on it that seems to go partly away when using whitchhazel. I don;t see any signs of bugs. The vet didn't report any flea,ticks, mites or otherwise.

I did find it odd that she has been de-wormed 3 times in the past year or so but never had a lab test that showed worms or parasites. I am figuring that it was a precaution to try and help out the skin issue. I know from my own past experience that internal parasite in humans and animals can cause a whole host of problems.

Other than that she is a good dog. What ever the family did they did well. The only downside we have is the cat is not too fond of her. He seems to think hissing and running are a good thing. The cat was raised around the other 2 Akitas when we had them. He should no better.

Thanks again,
Wil

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Poor baby! - Sarah on Jul 17, 2008, 7:53 AM
  3. Scabes - Doreen on Aug 11, 2013, 7:14 PM
Find more forums on DogsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement