Back to Main Forum Page  

Glad to see you here!

August 29 2010 at 7:19 PM
No score for this post
cecille  (Login cjuresko)
Akita Q & A Forum (Forum Members)

Response to Advice for a new rescue

I hear Ko got a card and treat from you and he was very happy. LOL He is such a good boy and I think he will be glad to finally get settled and get the love and attention he needs and deserves. Classes will be so much fun and will bring you closer. Just give him time to get used to your routine. I think he is quite the sweet boy.

His back story: He was found wandering a neighborhood north of Seattle and a kind woman managed to get him to come to her home and she called us about him. She happened to be friends with a long time - now retired Akita breeder who helped her out with advice. His first foster mom was Anna and she worked very hard to get him back to good health. He was very thin and sick and had Oklahoma rabies tags. Go figure. how did he end up in the Seattle area? And he was afraid of getting into cars so maybe he had been thrown from one? Anna worked through his fears and got him ready for adoption. He was placed with a couple who had a female Akita. He adapted quickly and made friends with the other Akita.

Then life happened and the couple split up. The woman was left with both dogs and nowhere to live. We were able to squeeze Ko back into one of our foster homes. The woman was able to find a way to keep her other Akita. And when Megan contacted us, we were so happy for Ko. He is such a happy young dog and truly deserves a forever home. He's come a long ways from the skinny, scared dog wandering the streets.

This is a great place to share questions and good stories and pictures. And Ko is quite photogenic.

Have a great week!

"[linked image]"

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I'm glad to have found Ko - Megan on Aug 30, 2010, 5:43 PM
Find more forums on DogsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement