Back to Main Forum Page  

Yumeko's evaluation

May 23 2011 at 6:12 PM
No score for this post
Maria  (Login TellTaleArt)
Akita Q & A Forum (Forum Members)

Hey guys,

We had a very good professional trainer here in San Francisco come out and evaluate Yume today; you probably remember us posting a bunch of times regarding our work with her, and her prior behaviour issues. He owns a DogGoneGood dog training center and apparently has his own show on PBS. I was duly scared of what the guy was going to say about our achievements with her, and about my training in particular.

Well, to my huge surprise he actually said that we have done an amazing job and that she should go into agility classes because she is able to do pretty advanced stuff already-she has great focus and I taught her a bunch of things that apparently he considered advanced trained behaviours. She was nothing but a sweetie and very affectionate with him, and obedient with us despite me being scared sh*tless the whole time expecting him to say I suck at training the dog. We actually did not need private classes, so he signed us up for an intermediate class that starts in two weeks. He did some pretty crazy*ss stuff with her (distance stops and down) that i only seen on TV before...

He also mentioned in the beginning of our session that she will unlikely be a service dog for me, but after working with her and seeing me work with her, at the end said that there is no reason why she cannot be a service animal, and that she shows good signs, if we are of course willing to put the work in.

The only thing I can say YIIIIIPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

And thank you for all the advice on this forum.

Maria and Mike (and Yume).

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. That's Good news!! - Wayne on May 24, 2011, 12:22 PM
    1. Yep, - Maria on May 24, 2011, 2:49 PM

2. Awesome!! - Chuck on May 26, 2011, 9:55 PM
    1. I'm thinking a long walk before the class - Maria on May 26, 2011, 10:48 PM

3. Faaaantastic!!! :) - pauline jones on May 28, 2011, 2:34 PM
    1. She is a very quick learner - maria on May 28, 2011, 3:19 PM
      1. I do that with asia :) - Pauline on May 29, 2011, 3:19 PM

4. Re: Yumeko's evaluation - Kathy on May 29, 2011, 4:26 PM
  6. That's awesome! - Christine on May 31, 2011, 6:25 PM
Find more forums on DogsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement