Back to Main Forum Page  

Update on Zeus

May 25 2012 at 3:17 AM
No score for this post
Nikki  (no login)

Response to Need some advise! PLEASE

So I brought Zeus back to the neurologist for a re-check. Apparently he didn't do so well on his testing this time. She told me he would have to be on low dose of prednisone the rest of his life with blood work every 6 months. I am just going to say that bringing him in to his appointment I thought he has made slight improvements. For all my Akita lovers we know they are stubborn and Zeus is no exception to the rule. If I want him to do something I best have a cookie in my hand if I expect him to do it. So I don't know if he really didn't do well on his test because he is not any better then before or he figured out these people don't have any cookies so why I am doing this? He still walks with a two engine gait in his front legs, his rear legs are fine, he has been having more energy lately and wanting to play with his toys and trying to wrestle with his sister (this is a big no-no).

So anyway my little man is never going to make a full recovery, but at this point it is keeping him healthy and happy to enjoy the rest of his time with us. He is my baby and I wish I could buy him youth but unfortunately even surgery and an MRI doesn't guarantee me any more time with him but puts more stress on him.

Thanks for all the support!

Nikki & Zeus

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. thanks for the update :) - pauline on May 25, 2012, 3:59 PM
    1. I'm with Pauline AND you too... - Candi on May 29, 2012, 7:13 AM
      1. Any more advise? - Nikki on May 29, 2012, 5:05 PM

Find more forums on DogsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement