No more staying anywhere around loose dogs !!!June 7 2012 at 10:36 AM
No score for this post
|Candi (no login)|
Response to Kuma was attacked today
Yes, you & all the dogs got off lucky THIS time -- But that was a potential Lose/Lose situation, because it could easily have ended up turning into a 2-against-1 BRAWL with you caught in the middle ... So LIVE & LEARN now: Next time you see ANY loose dog/s, just make a CALM immediate reverse turn & get the heck outta there before TROUBLE starts again !!!
Oh, and I am 99.99% certain Kuma figured out darn good & well by the time the dust had settled that it was NOT some friendly "game" those other two PUNKS were hoping to "play" against him -- An Ounce of Prevention Is Worth a Pound of Cure, so it's always best to let Discretion Be the Better Part of Valour and escape ahead of a possible fight getting started For Real ... But if you're ever ambushed unaware:
1) Remember that most "amateur" K9 bullies (dogs who're NOT fight-trained) will be afraid of an ENRAGED HUMAN BEING.
2) So, position yourself BETWEEN a challenging dog and your Akita, then convince the challenger that you're GONNA KILL IT.
3) All dogs instinctively recognize a hand-held threat, so even brandishing a stick like a Lethal Weapon often SCARES THEM OFF.
4) If necessary Run Straight At the challenger to CHASE IT AWAY and, if absolutely necessary, don't ever hesitate to DO IT HARM.
5) But only if all else fails, especially against Multiple Dogs or one "professional" Fighting Dog, then do DROP YOUR LEASH.
Unfortunately, the bottom line here is that most Close Encounters of the Serious Kind between an Akita and another dog will lead to a BIG vet bill, if not also a BAD law suit, Endoh.
- Thanks for the pointers - Endoh on Jun 7, 12:58 PM
- It's so unfortunate that idiots ruin things for good folks... - Candi on Jun 8, 8:43 AM
- We don't have dog parks over here - Endoh on Jun 8, 11:47 AM
- Irresponsible owers are the main problem... - Candi on Jun 8, 12:47 PM
- I've used similar.. - Endoh on Jun 8, 5:43 PM
- Endoh, you and Kuma have done SO WELL... - Candi on Jun 11, 9:09 AM
- I'm with Candi - Pauline on Jun 16, 3:56 PM
- I do try to - Endoh on Jun 17, 11:18 PM
- Kumas age - Endoh on Jun 17, 11:14 PM