<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Main Forum Page  

supplements and old age

May 28 2011 at 5:11 PM
No score for this post

kerry  (Login kerry599)
Akita Q & A Forum (Forum Members)

We just started our 12.5 year old male akita on Cholodin. He has recently also started having bladder control problems. I am wondering if the bladder problems are from the cholodin or old age.
( He is also taking deramax.) I had another breeder reccomend Bio-Flex. We are just trying to do everything we can to help him maintain good health. He has lost his hearing so we are now using solely hand signals.
If anyone has any reccomedations on supplements for older dogs, or other suggestions We would really appreciate it.
As our first Akita he is very special to us!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Chuck
(Login wo_fat)

Bladder Control

No score for this post
May 28 2011, 11:05 PM 

Old dogs leak but the vet might be able to prescribe something to help. My (much younger) female dog is on a very mild synthetic hormone that controls leakage and urgency really well with no noticeable side effects and it's super cheap.
12.5 years is awesome, He's obviously been well taken care of. I love the old timers, it's a comfort to have them around and they're a great excuse to procrastinate buying new carpet.

[linked image]

Pauline
(no login)

12 is a very special age

No score for this post
May 29 2011, 3:13 PM 

my old Benny almost got there :) he was on Chondroitin/glucosamine for his arthritic joints and bones and they really helped him, he also ate a home cooked old boys diet which consisted of potatoes, green beans, carrots, pearl barley and chichen, apparently brown meat is harder for old dogs to digest and it has properties that can cause problems in an ageing body. Benny loved his home cooked doggy stew, he was a very fussy eater but he eat every bit of his stew :)

Ree
(Login Kumakura)

I give my senior girl Glyco-Flex III and

No score for this post
June 5 2011, 8:33 PM 

Metacam, which has less side affects than deramaxx. Good luck.

[linked image]

Ree
Kumakura Akitas
kumakura@comcast.net
http://kumakura.home.comcast.net

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Main Forum Page  
Find more forums on DogsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement