<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  

Libertines to play without Bilo, see you in the mosh pit then...

June 19 2003 at 7:25 AM
  (Login heavyhorse)

Oi nyou lot, I thought it was a sick joke when Banny said not to show up because the band would not welcome me. But having spoken to Carlos it is true - he does not want to play with me, in my current 'condition'. I'm not sure what he means but he's deadly serious and its settled. I'm getting a new line up together for the babyshambles tour of Albion forthcoming so all able bodied men and women step forward.

I assure you I did my fucking damndest to get to Paris anyway, but can see now how badly they went out of their way to prevent me leaving the country ( stealing a mans passport out of his pocket whilst he slept)Can't let it get you down, heartbreaking as it was. The lights are all on, it is clear. There is no use moaning about it, it's the way it is. I'm getting on with things without any of them, though god knows I love him.. it's not happening anymore and its the way it is. Fuck 'em. And fuck all you who sit back typing self-preening running me down - Carlos asked me not to play, that he didn't want me, so that's that.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login heavyhorse)

''fuck off Peter you selfish coward''

June 19 2003, 7:38 AM 

Further to this.. I suppose replies will be forthcoming, so I will try and respond in advance to notions I have of your responses.

First:
I can see it from their point of view, I have proven unreliable and let people down. Gary, John and Carl have worked like martres and I just expect to show up when I choose. They have made a stand and I can't just swan up and plug in and scream it all out anymore. I don't want to be in that position anymore, I dont want to have all of 'em relying on my whims, and the thoughtlessness of my relatives dropping off one by one.

second:
I am not comfortable with the line up and over the months have repeatedly (if a little cowardly in my subtleness) tried to explain to Gary and John that I don't want to be in a band with them. My capriciousness deters them from taking me seriously but that is the way it is. My new songs are all I have, along with my liberty, and everything has to be just right from now on in. I need to start singing my new songs, and I want to play with other people.

thirdly:
the recent responses from Libertines fans have made me a little bored and aweary. I think a sensitive, more open minded crowd of ears awaits me and yes, I'll watch my back.

Respond to this message   

(Login ryanmt)

Re: ''fuck off Peter you selfish coward''

June 19 2003, 7:59 AM 

Peter--

recent events have been disheartening to us as fans, but i for one will be open-minded and follow you on all future endeavors. i saw you at coachella (both nights-ha) and was blown away. just got up the bracket on vinyl tonight, it's a hell of a record, that's for sure. hopefully things will get sorted out soon, but if not babyshambles and all other future projects will be closely followed. at the end of the day it's about the MUSIC.

Ryan

Respond to this message   

(Login Rubberring)

RubberRing

June 19 2003, 8:13 AM 

really all clean up...? ah..
Well..
When babyshambles play at the other country?
(oh..my.budda....)

Respond to this message   
insincere jonny
(Login insincere)

well, Peter

June 19 2003, 9:32 AM 

if that's the way it's going, so be it. I can't help but feel a little dissapointed, but, that's just how it is.

Good luck with your new stuff, Pete.

Respond to this message   
Friends
(Login thebaronet)

Apologies

June 19 2003, 9:49 AM 

"My new songs are all I have, along with my liberty..." you also have some good old friends. Fan or not.

Respond to this message   

(Login Lalunia)

To PETER

June 19 2003, 11:28 AM 

Good luck Peter, you are a great musician!
Take care

Respond to this message   
Luvs Evilatte
(Login LuvsEvilatte)

oh no

June 19 2003, 1:03 PM 

Peter, dont know what to do anymore either... ive been confusing.

errrr..... we LOVE you pete. dont forget about this. please.

Evilatte x

Respond to this message   

(Login themanwithnogame)

June 19 2003, 4:58 PM 

Pete is to the Libertines what Hendrix was to the Experience
Where he go, we go
Does anyone want tickets to see some band tomorrow?

Respond to this message   

(Login gracey8)

good luck petey!

June 20 2003, 11:24 AM 

god u've got sum balls! i'd like to think that after all this, u and the est of the libs crew wud still b frieinds? that would b tres cool. i saw u guys at liverpool this year, the best gig i've been to in a long time, and trust me i hav been to many many gigs. u will be sadly missed, but at least i saw u guys wen u were all together. i'm off to new brighton on saturday and i know u won't b there, but hey, i guess it don't matter that much, as long as your happy. i really truthfully hope that ur new stuff does well ( i know its gonna kick everyone and his dogs asses!) u'll be fine on ur own, and ur not selfish at all pete, u can't do sumthin that doesn't make u happy, theres no point. and i know everyone is angry at everyone at the moment, but ppl will soon understand and it will all blow over. it was good while it lasted (the best) hope to hear ur music in the future, UR A FUCKING CLASSIC PETE!
lots of loveness
gracey xxxxx

Respond to this message   

(Login tripassfool)

June 20 2003, 11:41 AM 

stop bein such a muppet. people dont think ur a selfish coward, they were just pissed off cos they paid money to see your band n you werent there, kind of flattering really!
the fact is, all this crap is part of what the band is about, people who are criticising obviously dont understand where the whole libertine thing is coming from, and they could do to look up what it means in the dictionary.
keep smilin dude, itll all blow over, it generally does. x

Respond to this message   

(Login charliecherry)

worried and hoping bilo is ok

September 28 2003, 1:11 PM 

just wanted to say that hope all is as well as can be over in wandsworth and that pete isn't feeling too crazy. Looking forward to seeing you back on your feet and playing like you should be. Try and take care of yourself and know that when you're out, we'll be waiting to support you. Love charlie x

Respond to this message   

(Login Rubberring)

Re: Libertines to play without Bilo, see you in the mosh pit then...

June 19 2003, 7:40 AM 

ah..Dear.....What happend?....
I want to meet again The Libertines at my country
at my city Sapporo...again someday.
December? I am wating for you until you turn up.
Im confusing....
From Sapporo misako
xxxx much luv xxxxx

Respond to this message   

(Login Bethnal_Green_Steve)

Re: Re: Libertines to play without Bilo, see you in the mosh pit then...

June 19 2003, 8:10 AM 

Jeez Peter, what can you do if they dont want you there?
its kinda a bit of a shock that they feel that way to be honest.
Whatever you decide to do i will still support you and your music.

Respond to this message   

(Login whitestripechic)

ummmm...

June 19 2003, 8:35 AM 

huh? Peter - your fans seem sensitive to me. From what I've read on this forum-- the strong majority try and support you on all your endeavours. I've never seen a more loyal bunch....I hear about your secret gigs -- and I think to myself what amazing guys to throw such private get togethers with their fans! But I love also reading about how some fans go out of their ways to get to such gigs-- a shared passion on both ends, if I do say so myself.

And I don't know the details surrounding the situation with the rest of the band -- and I'm sorry about the recent deaths in your family-- but if someone outright told me they didn't like me-- or didn't want me around, I'd feel hurt-- I guess it goes both ways, doesn't it?

Well I hope all turns out well. I love the music, I love Babyshambles, and I want to someday see you all together in concert.

Respond to this message   

(Login tibley)

Re: ummmm...

June 19 2003, 8:54 AM 

I'll look forward to the 'toilet tour' all over again Mr Doherty.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login little-maddam)
is like Jesus with nicer breasts

Re: ummmm...

June 19 2003, 8:57 AM 

the negative comments aimed your way are a help to no-one and were obviously not posted by your fans peter.

I am gutted for you...even though you say that you understand their point of view, I still think they could show a bit more empathy considering all you've been through recently.

I hope all this blows over (if that's what you want to happen)....rest assured 99% of people here will love you and support you regardless of what happens in the coming months and who you end up playing your music with.

I had to say "playing your music with" coz "playing with" just makes me laugh....filthy girl.

If you are back in London then we could still meet for a cup of tea if you're wandering camden town some time soon....sorry I had to go to the doctors that morning

Sarah x

Respond to this message   
fragile
(Login fragiled)

STAGE 5!

June 19 2003, 9:26 AM 

good like with the line up sailor.

i trust you are well. come visit the arcadian nest soon. birds currently fly to chatham on saturday.xx

Respond to this message   

(Login Claire_Tuuli)

aaaaw

June 19 2003, 9:36 AM 

Aaaaaaaw what can you do? Ok well it seems Iam missing something here 'current condition'?? Huh?

Ok It seems I may have a lot of catching up to do when I get back from my long holiday.

so whats happening I am confused now and I probably sound like an idiot!!

P.s peter if you ever want a female bassist look no further.... Used to play with a sorta famous in small places band Tuuli...

Ok maybe its time I shut up

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login welovekathe)

Re: aaaaw

June 19 2003, 10:05 AM 

nothing you can say
or do

stresses pile on top and feet shuffle and legs buckle
always look on the - less dim - side of life.

"it looks like milkshake, but i can assure you - it's not"

love to all, and all to love - someone.

peter you are a lucky fellow anyway - for various things like being in love, and loved by many - and for having met me more than once of course. but that goes without saying... chin up.

open your eyes and look at the ceiling - it will STILL surprise, i promise.

Respond to this message   

(Login sally_brown_fan)
TopBoy

June 19 2003, 10:27 AM 

cheer up bilo.

all is well on the albion, fans will never know.

guitarist for sale.

Respond to this message   

(Login matt021)

June 19 2003, 10:45 AM 

pete, its a fucking shame u wont be at the gig tomorrow nite in manchester you are without a doubt the biggest draw at the gigs. the last time i saw you live was at liverpool uni and you helped me up to the stage at the end and i thought that was really cool (which also got me the shag cause some bird saw me on there with you)! but fair enough if youve got reasons to fuck off the rest of the band and youll probably become bigger on your own. i wish you all the best and ill see you on your own headline tour soon!

Respond to this message   

(Login Dupins)

June 19 2003, 10:54 AM 

ah peter! i love you and you will be supported unconditionally whatever happens

Respond to this message   

(Login libertine_wench)

Re: Re: Re: Libertines to play without Bilo, see you in the mosh pit then...

June 19 2003, 11:11 AM 

i want to pull out my hair in frustration, punch something, cry, laugh, everyone at once. and this doesn't even affect me - apart from losing my sanity at being on these sidelines. all i can do is type my sympathy, hope, resentment and well wishings for the future...

Respond to this message   

(Login spanishbombs)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Libertines to play without Bilo, see you in the mosh pit then...

June 19 2003, 11:24 AM 

I couldnt imagine the Libertines without you Peter in fact I wouldnt count them as the libertines without you i was gonna go tonight in manchester i dont know if i'll bother now. can i ask why youre having problems with Gary and John ? personality clash ?

Respond to this message   
Bugsy
(Login last_life_of_the_universe)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Libertines to play without Bilo, see you in the mosh pit then...

June 19 2003, 11:25 AM 

Billy Bugsy Bile - dearest of all dearest

shall i steal some money from the prestitious safe of the royal family and take a concord to you straight away?

i have nothing for you but love - and i know you know..little compared to many - - this will always remain the truest of all facts i can recall during my one-year relationship with..the libertines.

come to bangkok to smell what it likes it her chinatown and the haven of transexual whorehouse - - or shall i kidnap you?

bugsy

Respond to this message   

(Login jim_mort_y_sonne)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Libertines to play without Bilo, see you in the mosh pit then...

June 19 2003, 11:48 AM 

ok...i'm just a little 15 years old french fan who'd never seen the libs live before yesterday night in Paris.without you...
sad fate for a band..
But when its over, its over..
so good luck pete.
I believe in rock'n'roll, I believe(d?) in the libertines, I believe in You..

Respond to this message   

(Login clagsy)

an attempt at words of wisdom

June 19 2003, 11:50 AM 

peter
how i dislike communicating on here but, with your email caput and me no longer being in posession of your number it seems to be the only way.
firstly, a question, do you want carl? i mean regardless of what he's said, what you've said and what other people have said, do you want him? because if so you a)need to hear whatever he feels from him and no one else (apologies if you already have done) and b)if he's hacked off with you and you want to make it right again you cant just resign yourself to "oh well he doesnt want me there ill stay here and get on with it" you need to show him that you're willing to go out of your way (i know you tried with paris but that was impossible, within this country anything is possible, they cant stop you) to prove that you do want him there and that you want it to be you two again. after all you have BOTH always said that as long as there is you TWO, there will always be the libertines. he wont ever know how you feel unless you sit him down and tell him explicitly.
now if you dont want him, if you want to do things alone or with other people (and i mean what YOU want not what other people want for you) then please dont just sit thinking about it rotting. do it. grab you guitar, your friends, musicians and do it, tour, out of london, come up here and do it, show everyone you can. as for finding musicians you're certainly in a position to cherry pick.
im sorry if this seems preachy, i'd much rather talk to you properly, to your face where i can see if my words are out of order but i cant.
i will still attend the manchester gig tomorrow but i can gaurentee the spirit of albion will be present only at a whisper.
look after yourself gaffa
claire (tiberline) johnson
xxx

Respond to this message   

(Login heyrichey)
TopBoy

June 19 2003, 11:56 AM 

Good luck with whatever happens.
The Babyshambles material sounds brilliant, it can easily stand up alone away from the Libertines if needs be, it's good that all is not lost, and what will be will be, man overboard on the albion, but the life raft is very much afloat, and brighter shores could just be ahead.

Keep going!

Respond to this message   

(Login heyrichey)
TopBoy

June 19 2003, 11:59 AM 

that said, I still reckon the band'll be all back together in a couple... days, weeks?

Respond to this message   

(Login One.too.many)

June 19 2003, 12:25 PM 

Aw pete darling...

Everyone has bad patches in their lives. I know you're going through one at the moment, but you've just got to keep your head up high. Stay away from the others for a bit and then try and sort things out. I would be surprised if they didn't come running back. Still, you've just got to follow your heart (this is starting to sound pretty cheesy, sorry) and do what you feel is right. We'll all be sad to see the libertines split but if you think that's right, well you had some great times and some wonderful songs, and sometimes it's best not to push these things too far. We all know you could do this on your own peter, even the tone deaf can tell that babyshambles is amazing.

I may just be a humble fan but I know your true friends, and fans only want the best for you, trust.

Take care, xxx

Respond to this message   

(Login shatterdreams)

June 19 2003, 12:25 PM 

shame.

Respond to this message   
Justine
(Login titeluciole)

June 19 2003, 12:38 PM 

I was walking in the street this morning, looking at the blue sky & thinking about the gig in Paris.....
I wasn't there so i said to myself "go to the forum, there're probably some comments about yesterday...". So here i am.
My blue sky has become grey... plenty of clouds... when i read your message...
What can i say ??? I don't know... The only thing i know is that i believe in you ( like everybody here )& i'll always support you...

" La vie est pleine de choses qui blessent le coeur " Mme de Sévigné.

Respond to this message   

(Login clagsy)

ANNA

June 19 2003, 12:47 PM 

actually, i know more now. scrap it. every word i said, anna if you can, if you will, delete what i said for me? i wish to say nothing on a subject i dispair of, that i know nothing of yet more than when i commented. delete this too? just my two messages? if you will. love you dear. xx

Respond to this message   
blondecarly
(Login blondecarly)

June 19 2003, 12:58 PM 

people are here not just because they respect the music and what they see, they're people who respect you and your band. at the end of the day we're all as desperate for a happy resolution as you are.

the tits that run you down are the cowards. its far easier to type shit behind a computer/in a magazine than to say it to a face.

from another born in the hallowed halls of the newcastle general hospital, i'm genuinely concerned for you mate.

Respond to this message   
marky d
(Login markydeehee)

June 19 2003, 1:17 PM 

Orf thats a bit of a shocker!?

Pete you will have an army of fans of which I'd count myself as one. I love the Babyshambles sessions, I haven't listened to much else for weeks.
I look forward with great anticipation to Bilo gigs in albion, will they be posted here like before!?

Is there no way back!?

Respond to this message   

(Login Terminal_Young_Thing)

June 19 2003, 2:10 PM 

Well, I'm new here, and I'll be honest, I came here after reading a confusing NME article.
I'm still rather confused as it happens.

Well I'll say this.
Up The Bracket was fabulous, one of my favorite records.
And I have no idea what the Babyshamles sessions are or anything.
I get the feeling I'm rambling.
I'm not the most clued up fan ever, but I don't want you to go.

I'll support you Peter, whatever, you're a fine musician.

Respond to this message   

(Login jay_beamish)

gutted

June 19 2003, 2:22 PM 

im just came onto this baord for the first time

what the fucks going on with teh band

the thought of not seeing them all at reading rips a sizable chunk outa me, out of all the bands, i was looknig forward to seeing them the most,(yes, moer than metallica)

can someone sum up the situation for me?/

jay

Respond to this message   
si gloves
(Login sigloves)

Re: gutted

June 19 2003, 2:27 PM 

What terrible news. I just hope they get it sorted as it would be such a shame to lose the best band this land has produced in many years. I caught the Libs at York Fibbers last year, was blown away and since saw them supporting Supergrass at Mcr (where they blew the main act away) and at Liverpool University, and each time they just seemed to get better.

I'm off to Glasto for the first time this year and was looking forward to seeing the Libertines again more than anyone. It won't be the same - unless of course they kiss, make up and play a triumphant reunion set...

Respond to this message   

(Login sally_brown_fan)
TopBoy

June 19 2003, 2:32 PM 

leave before your mind is corrupted.

wait......too late

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login thisisyesterday)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Libertines to play without Bilo, see you in the mosh pit then...

June 19 2003, 2:34 PM 

Fuck what people in here say

'I get along just singing my song people tell me Im wrong... Fuck'em'

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login helhsu)

something is rotten in the realm of arcadia

June 19 2003, 2:47 PM 

this is not intended to be venemous, only sad. i don't pretend to understand what's going down between you and the band. but i will say that john and gary are great and they make the libertines too. and what will become of the wonderous two-headed monster that you and carl are together? when i saw you (all), it was magic, and magic because it was all of you. i do not doubt your integrity and your genius and i'm sure you'll do well. but there's something really special here and i wonder if you'll regret leaving it behind. apologies if this message feeds your fears, but i write out of selfishness and my desire to see my "favorite" band remain a band. why can't you have it all? babyshambles and the libertines? and are you happy now? i don't know what to think.

Respond to this message   
DOY
(Login yuuko)

June 19 2003, 3:01 PM 

Oh..I'm very sorry to hear that.
As soon as possible,I hope you are going to come some countories as "the Libertines".I'm waiting for you and your partner come to Japan again.

Respond to this message   
DOY
(Login yuuko)

June 19 2003, 3:35 PM 

I forgot to mention that we love Peter and Carl's session!So...I sugest to talk with your partner.Do you remenber Gary said that the band what means on Japanese TV program?I think You help each other.

Respond to this message   

(Login little_jed)

June 19 2003, 4:50 PM 

hahaa my band not want me once has i sang mowtown junk like gerald houlier haha i slit wrist for that

Respond to this message   

(Login epiphone_jo)

June 19 2003, 4:53 PM 

lets not lose the point of this post

things have gone on pete
please jus re asess things
you have all been a major influence on my life

PLEASE READ MY POST ON THE POST AT TOP NOW

I poured my thoughts and heart & soul

xxx

Respond to this message   

(Login epiphone_jo)

June 19 2003, 4:57 PM 

sorry i mean
the message to carl, gary john one
posted by alec

please read!

xxxxxxxx

Respond to this message   
radiationvibe
(Login radiationvibe)

alone we stand, together we fall apart...

June 19 2003, 5:18 PM 

well, i no longer feel as bad about not having been able to buy tickets to these dates anymore...'may sound heartless but 'tis true

i love the libertines but the loss of peter tarnishes it somewhat... for me the band has always been about pete and carl (i don't mean to be disrespectful to John and Gary) and the dynamic they had/have(?) as a songwriting duo and the magic the work up on stage...they were and will always be blistering and inspirational together - the current status is such a shame, but talent they both possess, be that together or alone.

let's hope that whatever happens we'll be able to hear the results - and judging by the splendiferous babyshambles whatnot, the results shall still be something we can shout about

Respond to this message   
TYT

June 19 2003, 5:01 PM 

That's "Motown Junk", I thank you.
Manic Obessive speaking hereio.

Respond to this message   
nephthys
(Login evil_pixie)

June 19 2003, 5:04 PM 

ooooooooh is this the same TYT from foreverdelayed???

Respond to this message   

June 19 2003, 5:25 PM 

Yup.
But I think you figured that already.

Respond to this message   

(Login evil_pixie)

June 19 2003, 5:28 PM 

why yes i did...

calmed down a little now?

Respond to this message   

(Login littlebunny_foofoo)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Libertines to play without Bilo, see you in the mosh pit then...

June 19 2003, 7:17 PM 

evil pixie??? I didnt know you used this board!

Respond to this message   

(Login timeforheroes)

June 19 2003, 5:08 PM 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :|

Peter come play for us in a random field at glastonbury during wednesday or thursday.. or does this mean u aint going now?!

a few drinks and whatever followed with a sing a long would be most excellent..

Respond to this message   

(Login TornLingerie)

June 19 2003, 5:08 PM 

Peter,
I really do wish the others would forget the past and let you back. It’s just not right to leave you out like that. When I picture The Libertines, I can’t picture them without you. You’re just one of the images that are possessed in our minds of what ‘The Libertines’ are. I hope everything is a joke. This little ‘tiff’ should’ve been over by now – especially when you did make a great effort to go to Paris for that gig.

I’ve been a devoted fan for quite a while now and to read such news on a message board is a bit hurting. Just make yourself happy and comfortable. Even though it is selfish on my part to want The Libertines tour together for my ‘own’ happiness and satisfaction. I hope everything goes well. You and the others together, making music for us to hear, touring and be the Libertines that you are. Take care, Peter.

Lots of love,
Nancy

Respond to this message   

(Login Laura_Doherty)

June 19 2003, 5:28 PM 

Not terribly sure as to what this means about everything, but I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do.

Respond to this message   

(Login Angela283)

Paris

June 19 2003, 5:18 PM 

Really hope you guys can work this out. the band is not the same without you... Actually the band isn't anything without you.
But anyway, whatever you're planning on doing next, I hope you'll be back in Paris...everyone is waiting for you there.

it's a shame, really.

Respond to this message   

(Login little_girl115)

June 19 2003, 5:34 PM 

I know a song that'll get on ya nerves get on ya nerves get on ya nerves..no wait, this isn't what I was saying. I do believe there was a certain someone who's demo you put on at the secret gig before the rooftop one. He'd play with you, hes a fine young man, featured in the NME, quoted even...goes by the name of Peter, the peters can go forth. Just an idea the Pete, i've never been on here before but i'm lovin' the flavour. They'll calm down soon and realise that you and the Carlos are the original gangstas, until then carry onup the bracket.
The Little Girl xx

Respond to this message   

(Login carl_the_fox)

June 19 2003, 6:18 PM 

well what can i say that hasn't already been said?

answer: not a lot but i had to say something. can't leave something as important as this...

peter, i, for one, will still support you with whatever you do in the future. the fact is, you gave us babyshambles and you will never know just how much that means to me. you have a good heart. as for the libertines- whatever the future holds, it must be said that the past has been fucking amazing. and i thank you for all that you have done with the band and just hope u can sort out your differences.

love forever
xxx

Respond to this message   

(Login teacakes)

June 19 2003, 6:53 PM 

So does this mean that Peter's not gonna be at the New Brighton gig??? If you're not I'd be truely upset. The Libertines are one of my favourite bands and probably the most genuine I've ever seen.
I will continue to respect you all as the brilliant musicans you are whatever happens to the band.
Good luck, Peter.

Respond to this message   
kit
(Login ijustwanttologin)

June 19 2003, 7:01 PM 

there's so much that everyone's said so i'll just say thanks for all the great things you've done so far and good luck for the future!
luv kumiko

Respond to this message   
Mika
(Login _mikaela_)

June 19 2003, 7:12 PM 

Ok,this is just a mess.
I'm so confused so I'll go to bed for a week.
Someone contact me when we know what this is,cos I don't believe in this.

To search after another crowd,where do you want to search?We are here.And I wont go,I will stand here until there is no longer any music to listen on.

But I hope you guys,helene,alex and lily had a lovely time anyway.

Mika x

Respond to this message   

(Login modern_millie)

June 19 2003, 10:29 PM 

Hi Mika,

I just got back. Good times were had. Great to meet helene after all : )
Lily & Helene are still in Paris.
It was very odd to see the band without Peter. But the gig went down pretty well. Constant flow of crowd surfers towards the stage and all of that. I think Carl changed the lyrics in death on the stairs to 'why did you leave us behind' or something to that effect..I was not sure at first but Lily heard it too. They had Nick fill in on guitars again who did a good job.
The audience must have noticed it wasn't peter onstage - but no one shouted anything - asking where he is like people did at the festival gigs. We felt like we were the only ones in the crowd who were upset that he was not there. Gloomy.

M.A.S.S. who were aboslutely fantastic dedicated their current single to Peter.
If you haven't got it yet, buy it, it's called 'live a little'

Alex x

www.thelibertines.de

Respond to this message   

(Login littlebunny_foofoo)

June 19 2003, 7:09 PM 

You don't know how sad this post makes me. I understand why you would leave seeing as you aren't getting along and it seems, you don't have much choice in the matter anyway. You have to realise though, although this is obviously not the main reason for the arguing etc, that not all of your fans are like the pricks that were butting in when they didnt have a clue about the situation. Don't let them dishearten you, I know a million people who don't think that way. You say you dont want to be in a band with Gary and Peter anymore but what about Carl? He's mad at you now sure but this could all blow over. Try and call him (ok obvious thing to say) but keep trying and apologise or whatever. Even if things dont go back to the way they were surely it will be better if you are friends again.
Fuck, I dont know what else to say but there is so much I could go on for ages...

Respond to this message   

(Login KatieMouse)

June 19 2003, 7:11 PM 

Well, as everyone above has said, I'd just like to echo them and say:

Good luck Peter, as long as you continue producing music I'm happy.

Respond to this message   

(Login Insight27)

Re: libs to play without Bilo

June 19 2003, 7:17 PM 

Seems I'm always the last to reply, seeing as I am way over here in California. Sucks when your favorite band becomes more than just a band to you, and you start caring about the boys. Maybe its just sappy american sentiment getting the best of me. But it's like I've heard this before, somewhere, can't put my finger on it though...
Peter, you've leaned over the railing to see how far you could get before you fell and flew.
Offer still stands for the sunshine.

Respond to this message   

(Login laura_sparkle)

Re: Re: libs to play without Bilo

June 19 2003, 7:25 PM 

i know i am going to respond with my mediocre ability to show any true feeling, but i'd just like to thank you Pete for Up the Bracket, and say how sorry i am to hear about all of the above. Your music has truely changed me, and made me think differently about the world, just like all good music should. I have had some of my best and worst times in the last couple of months to your sounds, and the spirit of your children's children's children will live on!

Best Wishes in the future.

xxxx laura

Respond to this message   

(Login TallAlex)

Re: Re: Re: libs to play without Bilo

June 19 2003, 8:04 PM 

Thats not what I wanted to read coming in from work but it's gonna be all right. No New Dawn can Fade without a Setting Son first. What will be will be. I go now b4 more cliches.
Take care Peter, whatever happens, there were plenty of nice ('real' i think you once touchingly called us) people who like both the libs album and babyshambles stuff at chlsea, camden and whitechapel, so you got a lot to proud of already ( the music i mean, not the headcount) even if this (guttingly, for me anyway) turns out to be an ending.
AllBestWishes,Alex

Respond to this message   
eloise
(Login eloise_m)

Re: Re: Re: Re: libs to play without Bilo

June 19 2003, 8:11 PM 

whatever you decide to do you have every right to, for every jaded critic there's gonna be a fuck off crowd cheering you on whatever you do, please be as happy as you make us

Respond to this message   

(Login Rhonered)

The next step

June 19 2003, 8:24 PM 

So the gods of small things have spat disdainfully at my puny requests? Next step is to go above their heads (and hopefully crush a few of their thick skulls on the way up) to the top of the totem pole and make impertinent demands of the sky itself.

The sky will likely yawn in response.

Or perhaps Rough Trade really will glance down and realize the value of what it has clutched so carelessly in its timid paw.

Respond to this message   

(Login whitestripechic)

Re: The next step

June 19 2003, 9:17 PM 

Helhsu-- I really have to agree with you on this one. You make some good points here-- John and Gary are a part of the band and I feel like it would be unfair to write them off as unworthy equals to Pete and Carl. Although Pete and Carl write the music and seem to fuel the passion on the Albion, John and Gary are playing the gigs and doing the tour-- they're putting in the work as well.

Personally-- I don't mean in anyway to insult Peter-- but I find it odd that he would come on to a LIBERTINES forum (not a Pete Doherty forum) and post to the band's fans that he doesn't want John and Gary in the band. Does he not know that this seems quite unfair to do to not only John and Gary, but to the entire band as a whole? I feel that the fans on this forum take to heart what he posts (I know I do) but I don't know if he realizes the influence he has here...

But that's just my feelings on this and I don't mean to offend in anyway or everyway.

Respond to this message   
infidel
(Login 1977girl)

crash and burn

June 19 2003, 9:37 PM 

sorry you wont be at the barras on Sunday P.
the Libertines gig at King Tuts was the best i've ever been to the only others to come close - The Clash and the Manics ........from a million gigs attended over the years .... being there at the Libertines inception/ acceptance to the infamous Glasgow punk scene - assured me that I am not too old to pogo - and have attained the cool status of "punk veteran" tell me more about Babyshambles ...and I'll be there
Infidel ...except for faith in luv (sometime) and music (always)
p.s. thanks for signing my album cover post gig ...not much chance of that happening now !!
xxglasgow girl

Respond to this message   

(Login cartoonmoon)

Re: crash and burn

June 19 2003, 11:07 PM 

Peter,

I wish you nothing but happiness, freedom, love and liberty. You can only do your best and I have no doubt thats what you will do.

god bless you and do take care because we do worry about you so

much love always
jane xxx

Respond to this message   

(Login Miss_Jack_White)

Re: Re: crash and burn

June 20 2003, 11:31 AM 

God u'll be missed Pete, Good luck in ur new projects and look after ur self. Be happy love Alex

Respond to this message   
shaunryder
(Login shaunryder1)

Cheer Up

June 20 2003, 1:36 PM 

Hope you all like my new single.it will cheer you miserable fucks up whos pete anyway?
I dont know i've been in oz 4 a while.Twat!
Oh yeah & dont forget to reads the sport every friday i'm still there doing my bit.
Fuck off misery guts

Respond to this message   
Oliver Twist
(Login TwistOliver)

Its such a shame

June 20 2003, 2:09 PM 

How did it get to this........

Why can't it be resolved.......

A friendship like yours just can't be thrown away....

A source of enigmatic euphoria.........

Respond to this message   

(Login Miss.A)

Re: Its such a shame

June 20 2003, 2:57 PM 

Seeing the libs in Glasgow on Sunday, wish you could be there cos its my first time of seeeing them.
Ah well, not gonna bore you by repeating everyone else.

good luck and if you need anything I'm always here to do my best.

Love Ash

Respond to this message   

(Login lynsxx)

June 20 2003, 3:53 PM 

hey

i dnt kno wot to say about what is goin on just now!! i hope this isnt the end of the libertines!!
sites are sayin that pete will be tourin with the band and others are sayin pete isnt and i really dnt kno which is true!!
i dnt even kno if i believe that heavyhorse is pete as there are so many sad people sayin they are pete when they aint!! i will be gutted as well as all the other fans goin to see the libertines on sunday at the barrowlands. i wnt to see the libertines as the 4 of them not three and some one else playin petes parts!!
PETE if u aint tourin it wud be really cool if u still wnt to see them and support them even through the shit thats goin on the now!!

lynsxx

Respond to this message   

(Login Zsebastian)

oh well

June 20 2003, 5:07 PM 

dear pete,

i'm new to this board and i dont know if these posts mean something to you but as you post here yourself it probably will.

i saw you live last autumn in frankfurt-main/germany, and i have to say it was one of the best gigs in my life. dont know if you remember me, probably not too interesting but i was the one who came backstage and wrote "1.fc köln" onto your jeans, and then i met you later at the bar and you typed something in my mobile and spoke something on it.
your music was so stunning that i tried to see you live again as often as possible, in heidelberg, though you cancelled that gig, but its alright. i tried to get some tickets for the other shows, that visions festival and your new germany tour but tickets are hard to get.
yeah, bla bla.

what i want to say is, that i really fucking love your music and your presence on stage and the way you well, whatever, the way you were. yeah, excuse my bad english, dont know better.

i've heard some of your Babyshambles stuff and its amazing. i'm sure you'll make it on your own. it'd never stop me worrying from things will never be the same stuff, but it just goes on.

your music really means a lot to me. was in cologne few weeks ago and i had hard times to manage, yes, noone here cares and its unimportant, but your songs really helped me in this time. sounds stupid as people say always things like that, and its just music, but it fucking gets me through the days. so, whatever, please go on making music, i know you will, and if its with the others together it'd be great, and if its without them, then its the way it is and noone should give a fuck.

i dont know what the sense of this post is. just wanted to say that you'll make it without them.
hope to hear music from all of you four in future.

cheers
sebastian

Respond to this message   
Tanya
(Login Tanya23)

What's the problem???

June 20 2003, 5:33 PM 

I can understand that the others get hacked off when you don't turn up to gigs, etc, but what is it that makes you not want to perform with the others? Surely Gary and John were suitable to join your band in the first place, so what's changed? Why can't you perform with them anymore?

I'll be disappointed not to see a full and proper Libertines line up tomorrow at New Brighton - travelling from Leicester to come and see you guys.

Respond to this message   
Bob
(Login bob-log)

bob_the_shanghai_kid@hotmail.com

June 20 2003, 6:01 PM 

I can't really say much else that, good luck for the music after the Libertines, I look forward to seeing a gig sometime, as I never saw the Libertines in concert... :'(...

Respond to this message   

(Login accapellainfinite)

For Peter

June 20 2003, 6:55 PM 

Nature boy
remember your light
you have a right
to be heard
it's why you're here
caressing earth
it's your muse, make-believe, more than anything
remember your truth
trust the sacred dream
destiny is not someone else's fear
it's your soul who loved and led you here

Let purity not be the destroyer of innocence...
A hero hovers hearing heaven. Write history. Be brave. Believe
Sing

For Peter from the song-spirit who sang 'Fever'...
after forgetting the words
before running away
forgive all the pain

Resurrect an acappella timeless day

?

Respond to this message   

(Login Jonny-BGreen)

Re: For Peter

September 26 2003, 3:43 PM 

hmm, just read some this for the first time. barmy eh?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login didz)

Re: Re: For Peter

September 26 2003, 10:10 PM 

well that is sad,but we'll (your fans) be supporting you of course none the less!look forward to the new stuff,best of luck with it all.xxxxxx cant wait to hear your great music again! xx

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login didz)

Re: Re: Re: For Peter

September 26 2003, 10:26 PM 

well obviously this is a very old post,just felt like responding!hope the nme.com news is true.

Respond to this message   

(Login road2ruin)

Peter. May i suggest a Book Title...

September 26 2003, 11:15 PM 

If you have the time, I would like you to read "What's So Amazing About Grace" by Phillip Yancey. It might just change your life?

Respond to this message   

(Login M.Nassy)

Peter !!!

September 27 2003, 4:22 AM 

How did you send e-mail to us from the Prison?
It's a miracle.

We support you ,anytime.
Also Carl needs you, anytime.
We'll look forward to meet you & Carl ,together.

Respond to this message   
clinthollow
(Login clinthollow)

It's an old email

September 27 2003, 10:28 AM 

Hopefully that clears things up a little.

Respond to this message   
Scott
(Login timeforheroes)

Re: It's an old email

September 27 2003, 11:31 AM 

Nassy, Peter posted this in June.. someone has just topped the thread again that is all..

Respond to this message   

(Login Stereokid)

Wanting to get busy.

December 2 2004, 11:15 AM 

Im looking to do something. bored. Im a bassist for a band Unless and guitarist and singer in Stereokids. but nothin aint happenin. Im bored, need a new tour. another band. Who wants me (Pete, Carl, anyone). I want to start travellin again an doin all the good good shit. who needs a bassist, guitarist, singer?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login w1lko)
TopBoy

Re: Wanting to get busy.

December 2 2004, 11:33 AM 

come to chester steeevie

Respond to this message   

(Login Stereokid)

hey.

December 2 2004, 12:26 PM 

Whats in chester. I know a band from chester called The Wayriders and thats it.
You tell me whats in lester for me and ill consider it.

Respond to this message   

(Login zoey27)

Re: hey.

December 2 2004, 12:29 PM 

Chester is fucking rubbish.

I moved there and could withstand about 5 months.

As I have said before...Hollyoaks, 'false advertising'

Respond to this message   
fergie
(Login fergiemod)
TopBoy

December 2 2004, 1:15 PM 

bilo your happy xxx look after no 1 thats wot me mam says xxx

Respond to this message   

Anonymous
(Login heyrichey)
TopBoy

December 2 2004, 5:49 PM 

eh?

Respond to this message   

(Login WillGreen)

December 3 2004, 11:58 AM 

Timothy Langner should join the new band. At least you'd never get lost.

------------------------------
"it's all there in black and scarring grey"

"you know how I feel about Pete"

"so then these randiom irish guys ru over... sayin alrigh tliam yer gonna be famous.. wheey blabl i blaged a free hot dog.. but the tight cunts wouldnt buy me one! so really i didht blag a free hot dog."

"Will Green you are a bastard. But a fucking funny one."

"you're talking to a man who admitted swallowing his own spunk on the internet, who will flirt with anything in a skirt, and is a rabid fascistic zionist and anying smartarse wanker"

"do you spell swop like swop or like swap?"

"up until the libertines the clash were the only band that mattered."

"HE BEATLES ARE SHIT SMALL FACES ARE MILES BETTER!!!!!!"

"you're all fat balding 56 year olds on their MUMS AOL account hoping some young boys will come by here and you can ENSNARE them into your little worlds of piss and terror.

FUCKING RAPISTS ALL OF YOU"

"My long review.

They didn't bother checking my side pocket (where I kept the water which I never used during the gig in the end)! Nor below my fleece where I had my camera, a Dictaphone and some tapes. They didn't even undo my pocket below which had my pyjamas and some more tapes and another Dictaphone hidden inside them.

After that someone called Andrew came on stage.

Do any of Babyshambles (bar Pete) write songs? What else did they do before joing up with Pete? Do they currently smoke heroin, or have they don't so in the past?

I think the following is the correct set but as I've not replayed all my tapes yet, don't quote me on it. It's certainly closer than the one the NME posted. When magazines like Classic Rock print setlists they get it right (well certainly for all the gigs I've been to) but obviously NME don't take so much care and attention to detail. They could have put this is what I think they played but not in the right order (like most people on messages boards put). But no they chose not to.

1. The Man Who Came To Stay

This didn't do much for me.

2. Do You Know Me

Great song this. I like singing along to it, expect I don't know much of it yet. So bit pointless trying to sing it but fun none the less. Good bouncy feel to it.

3. In Love With a Feeling

I just love this song. Works best as a full band rendition in my opinion with the bass. Having said the bass was to loud, I still liked it in this song. I tried to sing the lyrics in this one but I didn't know them all. In fact I tried that with a few such as Killamangiro.

4. Babyshambles

At one point during the song Pete got onto a stack at the side and jumped into the crowd. I didn't see him after that until he was back on stage.

The crowd were really going for it now. I Crowd surfing. Later on I saw one person at the back run slightly and jump into the crowd. He was lost for a moment and suddenly reappeared over peoples heads! There was another person near me to tried to get up but he either didn't have the nerve to jump or the other person could lift him high enough!

5. Gang of Gin

I read on Planet Sound (ch4 teletext p351) a spokesman saying that the song Gang of Gin was written before Pete went back to his parents. Well it sounded like they were saying he's wished he'd never written it. Well if that's the case why is he still performing it?

I made sure I listened to the words and I certainly heard Pete say Alan McGee. Whether the lyrics are any good or not the music itself certainly is.

6. Fuck Forever

This song as an Oasis type epic crowd sing along feel to it. I like it but Pete does have better songs such as Killamangiro and In Love With a Feeling my opinion. However they are not such crowd sing along type songs.

I think we then sang Happy Birthday with Pete joining in for part of it.

7. I Wanna Break Your Heart

At this point Dot joined Pet on stage, with Pete taking up the acoustic guitar. I'm not so keen on this song myself. Dot's voice is fine just not keen on the song.

8. Flophouse

The band left the stage and things quietened down in the audience. I quite like this song but not one of my old time favs.

9. Sheepskin Tearaway

I think this was the next song. I wasn't sure of the title but NME list it so I assume this is the one played. It was okay.

10. Don't Look Back Into The sun

This started straight after the last one and everyone joined in. Pete did two verses with the second ending slow.

11. Time For Heroes.

This was fine. Odd to hear such a heavy and famous Libs song done acoustically. You wouldn't think Pete would change it so much I.E. make it non electric.

As this ended Dot walked off and Pete started doing What Katie did on his acoustic. The crowd did the shoop singing whilst Pete stopped, the band walked on and the song started.

12. What Katie Did
One of the nights highlights. Lots of crowd singing to be had and much fun.

13. Killamangiro

One of my all time favourite Babyshambles tracks - Killamangiro. I just love this song and tonight it was fantastic. I love the part where towards the end of guitar solo (after Pete finished talking) the backing tempo changes and Pete starts singing again. "and when the night is..." It's such a great bridge between the two parts and good change of tempo. I also like the fact the guitar solo continues whilst Pete starts singing.

So I was happy, hearing this song. I was expecting to hear this song much sooner.

14. A'rebours

I wasn't keen on this song really. Nothing special. It might grow on me but after Killamangiro it was a bit of a let down. Hearing it again (as I'm just playing it) it's not so bad. In fact it's okay but any song after Killamangrio going to find it difficult going for me.

15. Blackboy Lane

Another song I quite like. Good funky feel to the guitar. The tune isn't anything wonderful but I like the rhythm of it.

Pete sung the opening words to My Darling Clementine. However the traditional song that you might know and not hi song.

16. Wolfman

This was the best song of the night. So powerful. The guitar could be heard really well and the bass didn't seem so loud. The crowd went mental during the choruses and I don't blame them.

Oh well that's the unpradictablity that is Pete Doherty.

So I head out around to the side to work out where the stage door would be. I then waited for Pete to come out, which he did. I got him to sign a 7" Can't Stand Me Now single and told him that I thought he was good.

So I went and bought a London Street atlas. I have several of these already so I got a different make. As I draw maps for a living and collect them as well, no real hardship.

How well did Pete look? What he out of it? It didn't seem like it to me. There again I went to a Hawkwind concert where the then lead singer made a statement about drugs at the end of the set. We are ante heroin etc. etc. I read 3 years later that he had recently come off heroin. Whilst I knew they all smoked softer drugs I didn't suspect he smoked heroin. On top of that he didn't even look like he was on any more of drugs. I was near the front and I wouldn't have noticed a thing.

I almost thought about not going to see Babyshambles as the money might fund Pete's drug habit, if he's still doing it. But then I thought, well if I didn't know he was on drugs, I wouldn't have suspected a thing at the gig and been more than happy to go. So I thought I'll go and hope he spends on it on something else. Of course there's no denying that drugs influence the way songs are written and that great songs can be written on drugs. Not into taking drugs myself but I can see how they can influence songs. I'm not saying great songs can't be written without drugs but drugs certainly do change the way songs sound and people write. Would Pete's songs be as good, if he didn't do drugs? Guess we'll never know unless he becomes tee-total.

It was up a side street!

Timothy Langner"

"eeerrrmmmm this is probably gunna sound wierd.

Why does pete always wear suits now. Its good to wear smart stuff some of the time and i quite like the look some of the time (in a strictly non gay way may i add)"

"Carl is a kind of biblical hero who is not ashamed of showing his face to the world."

"sorry to be a pain but when im reading threads its annoying when people have such long signatures.
could they not just be removed now to stop my wrist from aching
muchos thanks"

"The cunt with the long signature.
October 19 2004 at 4:30 PM
No score for this post Travis_Bickle (Login Travis_Bickle)
from IP address 217.44.12.151

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change it you fucking hobo."

"i like will, he sticks to his guns

and he knows more about porno than anyone i've ever met"

"I would never lie to you Will. I want you. I desire you. I have wet and dry dreams about you."

http://www.fragile-records.co.uk/nipple.bmp

Come on kids, say stupid stuff, and you may get quoted in my signature. But make sure it's really cringe-worthy!

Respond to this message   

(Login Satoko_from_Japan)

December 3 2004, 12:34 PM 

I want to see you are in the Libertines. But If you decide not play with them any more. and You wana play someone else. Ifll support you and your music. Good Luck Peter.
Your Japanese fan miss you .

Respond to this message   

(Login SukyTawdry)

December 3 2004, 1:30 PM 

Guys...this thread is old...look at the date xxx
;)

Respond to this message   

(Login pete_is_the_man)

don

December 4 2004, 5:04 PM 

im sorry peter, but you need to understand where carlos is coming from, u are a very fucked up person, carlos has been at the forefront the pinical of your ''fucked-up-ness'' for a very long. you need space, but it seems you two are very proud men, and neither of you is up for relenting, you need talk to each other, not to the press, not to babyshambles, not to gary or john, just you two, you need to sort out whats going on in your heads, after all the libertines is more than just a band, its an expression, a movement, you have defined a generation, i'm not sure if you understand how much u have changed since you burst onto the music scene. you are one of the few bands around that actually, truly mean something, and it seems you don't want to waste what you have- and what u have is fucking amazing.

peter, carlos, john, gary - I SALUTE YOU

Respond to this message   

(Login runtothesun)

Re: don

December 4 2004, 5:43 PM 

maybe its pointless posting this message coz pete might not even read it but i hope he does. Pete, your only seeing one side of it, Carl loves you,he says that all the time and it must have been so hard for him to watch his best mate nearly destroy himself with drugs. I don't no you and i've never met you but from what i've read, you seem to think its all carls fault and he's the one in the wrong. and you can't see that your in the worng as well. Like i said, i don't no you or Carl and i could be way of the mark on that one and if i am im sorry, but its just my opinion. I've been a fan of the Libertines since i heard up the bracket and its awful to know that The Libertines will probabley never be th same as they were they made Up The Bracket. The Libertines - even though they may be a good band without pete, are not the same (yeh i know thats stating the bleeding obvious)and they're never going to be what they used to be. and in opinion - and i don't mean this an insult to Pete - babyshambles are just not as good as the Libs. Petes rightful place is with Carl.
I really hope your telling the truth Pete, when you say you haven't had crack for a long time. Your to good to end just another dead rock star. Even though your going trough some bad times right now, you should consider yourself lucky - you have a family who love you, a son who you obvioulsy love and who needs you, friends, and a chance to do what you love and do best - make music. You have so many people who want you to get better.
Please Pete, don't destroy yourself

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login duckduckling)
TopBoy

December 4 2004, 6:03 PM 

I'm staring at the screen in disbelief at the stupidity of .orgers. Again. This happens EVERY TIME and old post is brought up, or an obvious fake log-in is used for a joke. Get a grip!

Respond to this message   

(Login runtothesun)

December 4 2004, 6:11 PM 

is that an old post?, i didn't no, i rarley post here.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login hateandwar)

December 4 2004, 6:14 PM 

it says the date on the top right hand corner of the message.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Libertines to play without Bilo, see you in the mosh pit then...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  
Find more forums on Indie RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement