<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  

Libertines to play without Bilo, see you in the mosh pit then...

June 19 2003 at 7:25 AM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
Peter  (Login heavyhorse)

Oi nyou lot, I thought it was a sick joke when Banny said not to show up because the band would not welcome me. But having spoken to Carlos it is true - he does not want to play with me, in my current 'condition'. I'm not sure what he means but he's deadly serious and its settled. I'm getting a new line up together for the babyshambles tour of Albion forthcoming so all able bodied men and women step forward.

I assure you I did my fucking damndest to get to Paris anyway, but can see now how badly they went out of their way to prevent me leaving the country ( stealing a mans passport out of his pocket whilst he slept)Can't let it get you down, heartbreaking as it was. The lights are all on, it is clear. There is no use moaning about it, it's the way it is. I'm getting on with things without any of them, though god knows I love him.. it's not happening anymore and its the way it is. Fuck 'em. And fuck all you who sit back typing self-preening running me down - Carlos asked me not to play, that he didn't want me, so that's that.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Peter
(Login heavyhorse)

''fuck off Peter you selfish coward''

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 7:38 AM 

Further to this.. I suppose replies will be forthcoming, so I will try and respond in advance to notions I have of your responses.

First:
I can see it from their point of view, I have proven unreliable and let people down. Gary, John and Carl have worked like martres and I just expect to show up when I choose. They have made a stand and I can't just swan up and plug in and scream it all out anymore. I don't want to be in that position anymore, I dont want to have all of 'em relying on my whims, and the thoughtlessness of my relatives dropping off one by one.

second:
I am not comfortable with the line up and over the months have repeatedly (if a little cowardly in my subtleness) tried to explain to Gary and John that I don't want to be in a band with them. My capriciousness deters them from taking me seriously but that is the way it is. My new songs are all I have, along with my liberty, and everything has to be just right from now on in. I need to start singing my new songs, and I want to play with other people.

thirdly:
the recent responses from Libertines fans have made me a little bored and aweary. I think a sensitive, more open minded crowd of ears awaits me and yes, I'll watch my back.

ryan
(Login ryanmt)

Re: ''fuck off Peter you selfish coward''

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 7:59 AM 

Peter--

recent events have been disheartening to us as fans, but i for one will be open-minded and follow you on all future endeavors. i saw you at coachella (both nights-ha) and was blown away. just got up the bracket on vinyl tonight, it's a hell of a record, that's for sure. hopefully things will get sorted out soon, but if not babyshambles and all other future projects will be closely followed. at the end of the day it's about the MUSIC.

Ryan

Anonymous
(Login Rubberring)

RubberRing

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 8:13 AM 

really all clean up...? ah..
Well..
When babyshambles play at the other country?
(oh..my.budda....)

insincere jonny
(Login insincere)

well, Peter

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 9:32 AM 

if that's the way it's going, so be it. I can't help but feel a little dissapointed, but, that's just how it is.

Good luck with your new stuff, Pete.

Friends
(Login thebaronet)

Apologies

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 9:49 AM 

"My new songs are all I have, along with my liberty..." you also have some good old friends. Fan or not.

Honorata
(Login Lalunia)

To PETER

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 11:28 AM 

Good luck Peter, you are a great musician!
Take care

Luvs Evilatte
(Login LuvsEvilatte)

oh no

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 1:03 PM 

Peter, dont know what to do anymore either... ive been confusing.

errrr..... we LOVE you pete. dont forget about this. please.

Evilatte x

The Duke
(Login themanwithnogame)

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 4:58 PM 

Pete is to the Libertines what Hendrix was to the Experience
Where he go, we go
Does anyone want tickets to see some band tomorrow?

Anonymous
(Login gracey8)

good luck petey!

No score for this post
June 20 2003, 11:24 AM 

god u've got sum balls! i'd like to think that after all this, u and the est of the libs crew wud still b frieinds? that would b tres cool. i saw u guys at liverpool this year, the best gig i've been to in a long time, and trust me i hav been to many many gigs. u will be sadly missed, but at least i saw u guys wen u were all together. i'm off to new brighton on saturday and i know u won't b there, but hey, i guess it don't matter that much, as long as your happy. i really truthfully hope that ur new stuff does well ( i know its gonna kick everyone and his dogs asses!) u'll be fine on ur own, and ur not selfish at all pete, u can't do sumthin that doesn't make u happy, theres no point. and i know everyone is angry at everyone at the moment, but ppl will soon understand and it will all blow over. it was good while it lasted (the best) hope to hear ur music in the future, UR A FUCKING CLASSIC PETE!
lots of loveness
gracey xxxxx

emma
(Login tripassfool)

No score for this post
June 20 2003, 11:41 AM 

stop bein such a muppet. people dont think ur a selfish coward, they were just pissed off cos they paid money to see your band n you werent there, kind of flattering really!
the fact is, all this crap is part of what the band is about, people who are criticising obviously dont understand where the whole libertine thing is coming from, and they could do to look up what it means in the dictionary.
keep smilin dude, itll all blow over, it generally does. x

charlie
(Login charliecherry)

worried and hoping bilo is ok

No score for this post
September 28 2003, 1:11 PM 

just wanted to say that hope all is as well as can be over in wandsworth and that pete isn't feeling too crazy. Looking forward to seeing you back on your feet and playing like you should be. Try and take care of yourself and know that when you're out, we'll be waiting to support you. Love charlie x

Anonymous
(Login Rubberring)

Re: Libertines to play without Bilo, see you in the mosh pit then...

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 7:40 AM 

ah..Dear.....What happend?....
I want to meet again The Libertines at my country
at my city Sapporo...again someday.
December? I am wating for you until you turn up.
Im confusing....
From Sapporo misako
xxxx much luv xxxxx

Steve
(Login Bethnal_Green_Steve)

Re: Re: Libertines to play without Bilo, see you in the mosh pit then...

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 8:10 AM 

Jeez Peter, what can you do if they dont want you there?
its kinda a bit of a shock that they feel that way to be honest.
Whatever you decide to do i will still support you and your music.

Debbie
(Login whitestripechic)

ummmm...

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 8:35 AM 

huh? Peter - your fans seem sensitive to me. From what I've read on this forum-- the strong majority try and support you on all your endeavours. I've never seen a more loyal bunch....I hear about your secret gigs -- and I think to myself what amazing guys to throw such private get togethers with their fans! But I love also reading about how some fans go out of their ways to get to such gigs-- a shared passion on both ends, if I do say so myself.

And I don't know the details surrounding the situation with the rest of the band -- and I'm sorry about the recent deaths in your family-- but if someone outright told me they didn't like me-- or didn't want me around, I'd feel hurt-- I guess it goes both ways, doesn't it?

Well I hope all turns out well. I love the music, I love Babyshambles, and I want to someday see you all together in concert.

Anonymous
(Login tibley)

Re: ummmm...

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 8:54 AM 

I'll look forward to the 'toilet tour' all over again Mr Doherty.

Anonymous
(Login little-maddam)
is like Jesus with nicer breasts

Re: ummmm...

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 8:57 AM 

the negative comments aimed your way are a help to no-one and were obviously not posted by your fans peter.

I am gutted for you...even though you say that you understand their point of view, I still think they could show a bit more empathy considering all you've been through recently.

I hope all this blows over (if that's what you want to happen)....rest assured 99% of people here will love you and support you regardless of what happens in the coming months and who you end up playing your music with.

I had to say "playing your music with" coz "playing with" just makes me laugh....filthy girl.

If you are back in London then we could still meet for a cup of tea if you're wandering camden town some time soon....sorry I had to go to the doctors that morning

Sarah x

fragile
(Login fragiled)

STAGE 5!

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 9:26 AM 

good like with the line up sailor.

i trust you are well. come visit the arcadian nest soon. birds currently fly to chatham on saturday.xx

Claire
(Login Claire_Tuuli)

aaaaw

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 9:36 AM 

Aaaaaaaw what can you do? Ok well it seems Iam missing something here 'current condition'?? Huh?

Ok It seems I may have a lot of catching up to do when I get back from my long holiday.

so whats happening I am confused now and I probably sound like an idiot!!

P.s peter if you ever want a female bassist look no further.... Used to play with a sorta famous in small places band Tuuli...

Ok maybe its time I shut up

Anonymous
(Login welovekathe)

Re: aaaaw

No score for this post
June 19 2003, 10:05 AM 

nothing you can say
or do

stresses pile on top and feet shuffle and legs buckle
always look on the - less dim - side of life.

"it looks like milkshake, but i can assure you - it's not"

love to all, and all to love - someone.

peter you are a lucky fellow anyway - for various things like being in love, and loved by many - and for having met me more than once of course. but that goes without saying... chin up.

open your eyes and look at the ceiling - it will STILL surprise, i promise.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 56 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  
Find more forums on Indie RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement