<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  
Anonymous
(Login THEDRUMMERISFINE)
SNIPER BOGGLE

Re: silk road?

No score for this post
June 14 2013, 10:17 AM 

You know on that Australian border security show and they are constantly cutting open picture frames and books to reveal drugs Is that via silk road

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Anonymous
(Login cameron__)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 14 2013, 11:50 AM 

Yes.

Anonymous
(Login cooksy.)
TopBoy

Score 5.0 (1 person)
June 14 2013, 4:10 PM 

I have never heard of any of this before, (I live in a sheltered anologue world) but after reading about bit coins, deep web and Silk Road it has twisted my mind.

(Your all filthy druggys btw)

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

Score 5.0 (1 person)
June 14 2013, 4:54 PM 

"(Your all filthy druggys btw)"

At least we can spell.

Anonymous
(Login phoenixlazarus)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 14 2013, 5:19 PM 

ive never seen them bust anything of any interest on that aussie customs show - its usually just some plant seeds or a dried rat's tail or something

most of the people they stop are innocent and after a big build up they find nothing incriminating and let them go

Anonymous
(Login hemmojock)
Wykesette

No score for this post
June 15 2013, 12:27 AM 

Silk road is awesome. Prices vary, you might pay a bit more but you get good stuff, and your not havin to deal faceto face with a dealer. All annonymous

Lovely

Anonymous
(Login cagoule)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 17 2013, 12:09 PM 

I'm tempted to buy a mining contract... A permanent contract with this company is $225 (£145ish) and from that they reckon they can mine 5.4 bit coins per year which would be like £350+ per year. Now bear in mind that this mining company say their capacity will go up and hoping that bit coin value goes up too, it could be a nice little earner. Or it could be a scam, but you can pay by credit card so it's not too bad.

http://www.minerlease.com/contracts/

Anonymous
(Login cheesequiche)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 17 2013, 12:51 PM 

That is pretty tempting! Those figures are really good, so at the very least you could make your money back in less than 6 months. Can't argue with that! Do you reckon it'd be safer to let it build up in cash then convert to bitcoins when you'll profit the most? Or would you just let the bitcoins do their thing?

I guess if you wanted to you could change em back and forth repeatedly as the market fluctuates to really get the most out of it. Or is that the whole point and i'm being a bit slow..

Anonymous
(Login cagoule)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 17 2013, 1:18 PM 

From what I can gather the mining company pays you weekly directly to your bitcoin wallet. So I'd probs say the best bet is to withdraw maybe every 6 months when you've got a couple hundred quid in there. I'm tempted to buy an indefinite contract for $236 and hope that this mining company takes off, or alternatively you can buy smaller contracts.

Bitcoins are already taking off so we have missed the boat somewhat but this mining contract thing seems like it might be worth a punt. At £145 for an indefinite contract that works out at like £3 per week. Seems to have better odds of generating a profit than a weekly football accumulator!

Anonymous
(Login gah_rage_fantastica)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 17 2013, 1:28 PM 

*Bitcoins have taken off.

They are not currently taking off. On average, the value has been decreasing since April after the massive boom it had.

http://blockchain.info/charts/market-price

As with all currency trading, there is no safe bet. Especially so with bitcoins as they are volatile. If they suddenly got a lot more coverage then you might see the value rise. It's a hard currency to predict.

------------------------------

Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all!

Anonymous
(Login cheesequiche)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 17 2013, 1:51 PM 

If you're serious about doing it and can afford it, i'd say pay the extra $100 and go with the indefinite contract. The only thing that'd make me hesitate is the "is this scam?", but there's only so much research you can do into the company i guess. I can't find a phone no. on the site anywhere, it'd probably be a good idea to email and ask for a number to speak to someone.

Thanks for the link aswell btw, i have friend who's getting really into it, think he'd be interested

Anonymous
(Login cheesequiche)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 17 2013, 2:00 PM 

Do you know what caused that huge rise? It was fairly steady this time last year through to Feb this year, hopefully it'll do the same this year but at around the current rate.

Anonymous
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 17 2013, 2:46 PM 

I'm not 100% sure, but the increased media coverage must have had something to do with it. It sparked interest as the narrative given to it was a way to escape the national economies tanking due to the recession. Media coverage carried on as it started to rise, then changed to everyone talking about when it would burst. It eventually dropped as you can see, but by then media attention had mostly evaporated.

Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all!

Anonymous
(Login cheesequiche)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 17 2013, 2:53 PM 

You're quite the fountain of knowledge concerning bitcoins aren't you! How long have you been following it all for? Do you ever deal in them or are you just interested in seeing how it plays out?

Anonymous
(Login lobblover)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 17 2013, 3:06 PM 

You could make some decent money doing mining. Wish I knew about this a few years ago. I work as an Infrastructure Architect so to set something like this up properly would have been fairly simple for me if I had the initial setup funds. Just get someone to host it in their datacentre so your power costs are down. Power it all using GPU across multiple infrastructure. Reading up on it now probably missed the ship unless you had a fairly decent initial investment. Companies selling these services have the rite idea though.

Anonymous
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 17 2013, 3:09 PM 

It's something I've been vaguely following since I first found out about the dark web. It's an interesting idea and it'll be good to see if it lives up to the expectations of some that it's a whole new way of doing currency and trading. A bit way off before it has a significant impact, but you can be sure there are plenty of people out there considering creating their own currencies in the same vein.

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 17 2013, 3:20 PM 

"Do you know what caused that huge rise"

The most recent rise was caused by the banking crisis in Cyprus where the ECB decided to take depositors money out of their accounts as collateral for bailing out Laiki Bank.

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 18 2013, 8:34 AM 

Apparently The Pembury Tavern in Hackney takes bitcoins

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-06/17/london-bitcoin-pub

Anonymous
(Login crake)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 19 2013, 12:07 AM 

If bitcoin is linked to no nation or central bank what's its actual work other than that people using it are willing to pay? Surly the coins worth is just set because of the amount of media it is gettin. What's to stop the company's involved collecting all your lovely regulated normal money and then declaring it all rubbish and telling you to Fuck off?

Anonymous
(Login lytias)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 19 2013, 12:55 AM 

It's an alternate currency, won't replace the dollar.

What I don't understand is once the remaining 11 millions bitcoin have all been issued, will the value of the coins stagnate and everything bitcoin related declared worthless too?

Will there be a black market for them, will it be only used in certain territories?

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 519 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  
Find more forums on Indie RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement