<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  
Anonymous
(Login lytias)
TopBoy

Re: silk road?

No score for this post
June 19 2013, 12:59 AM 

It seems very risky business by all means. What would happen in case of theft then. Can your online wallet get savaged?

Will there be a country trying to monopolize the bit coins and sell them at increasingly uncompetitive prices?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 19 2013, 10:17 AM 

"Surly the coins worth is just set because of the amount of media it is getting"

Bitcoins derive their value, like all other currencies, by the amount of investment in them, i.e. the sum total amount of all the other currencies that have been used to buy them (market cap). This currently stands at around $1.2 billion dollars. But the real value too bitcoin is that it is decentralised and can't be debased by central bankers like what is happening to most currencies around the world today. Also being decentralised means that certain privileged classes of society cant unfairly benefit from having direct control over the quantity of bitcoins in circulation like they do with the pound or the dollar etc. Bitcoin is designed to be inherently deflationary, which is the total opposite to all the paper fiat currencies that we are all forced to use by our governments.

You are right though, media exposure does obviously effect the price but this is the case with anything.

"What's to stop the company's involved collecting all your lovely regulated normal money and then declaring it all rubbish and telling you to Fuck off"

There are no companies involved. Bitcoin is peer-to-peer distributed technology. No one owns or has control of the entire network (blockchain) other than the coins that they have the keys to.

Anonymous
(Login lobblover)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 19 2013, 10:53 AM 

Who put the initial investment in and why?

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 19 2013, 11:39 AM 

The people that originally mined the first coins. These would have been the original developers, whoever they may be. no one knows. The first coins would then have been sold on one of the exchanges to anyone who wanted to buy them.

Anonymous
(Login cheesequiche)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 21 2013, 3:52 AM 

I have TOR app on my phone, but quite sometimes if i do a search using google i'll get a message asking me to verify that i'm not a robot (unusual traffic and violating the terms of service). I don't get this on my laptop though (not ever used for travel). Could this be something to do with my phone's gps/location settings, that kind of thing? I've double checked the settings on my phone, everything to do with tracking location is off..

I like how there's an android app but not one for iphone yet happy.gif

Anonymous
(Login mardous)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 21 2013, 8:56 AM 

i understand barely a single word on this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.network54.com/Forum/673024/

'there is no scientific measure of boisterousness, but surely city's followers broke the noise record for a semi final, keeping up a din that suggested no resentment at the choice of venue'

'The Glazers are businessmen, United is a very attractive business proposition'

'Rooney and Kagawa benched for Giggs and Nani. Ballsy. Hopefully not suicidal.' - BFTC.

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 21 2013, 11:07 AM 

"I have TOR app on my phone, but quite sometimes if i do a search using google i'll get a message asking me to verify that i'm not a robot (unusual traffic and violating the terms of service). I don't get this on my laptop though (not ever used for travel). Could this be something to do with my phone's gps/location settings, that kind of thing? I've double checked the settings on my phone, everything to do with tracking location is off.. "

I don't know about that TBH.

sum
(Login sum31uk)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 23 2013, 5:36 PM 

Just bought £30 worth of Bitcoins, just in case there is another rise.

--------------------------------------------

Ooooooooooooh a madcap laughs in the corner!

--------------------------------------------

Anonymous
(Login ted_plaincrisps)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 23 2013, 9:58 PM 

Pretty surprised this thread isn't about the awesome Chinese restaurant in camberwell. It's all about the cabbage with chillies that tears your stomach out through you arsehole the next day.

------------------------
Gelato Go Home
https://vimeo.com/68544499

Anonymous
(Login trendy_scum)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 25 2013, 3:05 AM 

can anyone recommend me a good site to get bitcoins via bank transfer? i used to use mtgox but they now require a load of verification i am unwilling to give

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 25 2013, 10:55 AM 

I use localbitcoins.com best by a country mile.

Anonymous
(Login TheOtherTinkerbell)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 25 2013, 11:32 AM 

I don't like it when my stomach is torn out through my asshole the next day. Do they have any food that doesn't do that, Ted?

Anonymous
(Login ted_plaincrisps)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 25 2013, 1:48 PM 

I have a taste for danger.

------------------------
Gelato Go Home
https://vimeo.com/68544499

Anonymous
(Login greasyschlong)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 25 2013, 2:03 PM 

"Pretty surprised this thread isn't about the awesome Chinese restaurant in camberwell. It's all about the cabbage with chillies that tears your stomach out through you arsehole the next day"

Great place that. Good line of offal on the menu as well which is a treat. The bill was comically cheap last time I was in there too.

-------------------------------------

for as long as I remember my nights are filled with angst and fiery horror

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 2 2013, 5:43 PM 

Anonymous
(Login phoenixlazarus)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 3 2013, 12:41 PM 

seems he was undone by a couple of schoolboy errors and some stuff he did on youtube years ago....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24371894

Anonymous
(Login _BFTC_)
RIP

No score for this post
October 3 2013, 1:38 PM 

There are 3 or 4 alternatives anyway, so I hear.

6/11/86 - 8/5/13 - The Greatest

.org365
http://www.network54.com/Forum/673024/

Anonymous
(Login phoenixlazarus)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 3 2013, 2:33 PM 

indeed there are - and more will be springing up in its wake, with lessons learned from his bust - poor guy made himself a guinea pig

Anonymous
(Login cagoule)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 5 2013, 11:27 AM 

It's kinda like the Napster effect. When Napster was closed down the law rejoiced and then Kazaa, Limewire sprung up with similar operations and then as times developed we started to see the rise of torrents.

This isn't the end of online piracy, there will be loads of copy cat websites coming and as technology develops it will probably only get stronger. I hope bit coin doesn't crash as I'd like to see it grow.

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 5 2013, 1:41 PM 

Bitcoin fell for a few hours by about £20 due to the impact of SR being shut down. It's now back up to the similar price that it was before the SR news broke. Just a blip really. This is really healthy for bitcoin I would say.

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 619 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  
Find more forums on Indie RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement