<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  

silk road?

June 12 2013 at 11:28 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (Login cheesequiche)
TopBoy

Does anyone use? I was up til 5am using tor and looking through the silkroad.. My mind is blown.
Bit dear tho

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Anonymous
(Login gah_rage_fantastica)
TopBoy

Re: silk road?

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 11:36 AM 

Know a couple of people who have had some success with it, not bothered myself.

------------------------------

Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Anonymous
(Login cheesequiche)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 11:56 AM 

i read about it a few months ago but thought it sounded too complicated and a bit silly, it's deffo worth a go just for the experience though i reckon.

Need some success stories before i get me some bitcoins

The people in their forums are really fuckin weird and confusing. They're so explicitly american i thought they were kidding around and being satirical, but no..

Anonymous
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 12:10 PM 

It's bitcoins that put me off in terms of effort. It's an odd currency to deal with as well. It will be interesting to see where it goes, but I'd avoid putting much money into them as you could wake up one day to find the whole currency has dropped.

Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all! Nothin' at all!

Anonymous
(Login .orgisdead)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 12:13 PM 

It works aswell as ebay. Just check the fuckers selling out on the forum aswell as there reviews. Its expensive as fuck.

Anonymous
(Login cheesequiche)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 12:25 PM 

if you're after some pure afhgan or 93% shit from peru (things i'd never find on the street) then the price is worth it. But i won't use it like it's amazon or justeat cause i can't be fucked going outside.

Anonymous
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 12:28 PM 

I haven't got a proper letterbox, so I'd either have to get stuff sent to work or go pick it up from the Post Office on a Saturday. Neither are great options especially considering all the sniper rifles I want.

Anonymous
(Login cheesequiche)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 12:32 PM 

Surprising lack of sniper rifles for some reason! I well thought there'd be a shitton of guns..

Some fireworks though

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 12:43 PM 

It's pretty easy to get bitcoins. I use this sitehttps://localbitcoins.com/

Just set up an account and then click the Buy button next to the seller that is offering UK Bank transfers and is offering the best price. You then need to let them know how many bitcoins you want. They will then send you their bank details and once you have transfered the money they will release the bitcoins from escrow and into your on-line wallet (which you get when you set up your localbitcoins.com account)

Anonymous
(Login phoenixlazarus)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 12:45 PM 

be careful - the daily mail did one of their "grass people up for daring to have fun" stories on it last year and i've heard rumours of a few people having trouble since then (i stopped using it after that article personally)

there was also a case this year where a similar website was busted (fbi managed to de-crypt the encrypted details) and a load of people got picked up and extradited to the states INCLUDING several harmless customers who'd done nothing other than buy

as you say, it's great for what it is but dont go into it thinking its risk-free

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 12:52 PM 

"but I'd avoid putting much money into them as you could wake up one day to find the whole currency has dropped"

This goes both ways too though. In reality the value of bitcoins has gone up thousands of percent in the last few years. The first bitcoin transaction in May 2010 was for 1 pizza which then cost 10,000 BTC. Those 10,000 BTC are now worth £700,000

Anonymous
(Login cheesequiche)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 12:56 PM 

thanks for that link pm

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 1:07 PM 

One thing to note though is that when you buy bitcoins it can take a while, sometimes an hour, before they appear in your wallet as all transactions need to be verified 3 times by the blockchain before you get them. It's just a precaution that's built into the codebase for extra security.

Anonymous
(Login cheesequiche)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 1:16 PM 

noted. just having a look through the FAQs and whatnot, tar very much!

Anonymous
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 1:36 PM 

"This goes both ways too though. In reality the value of bitcoins has gone up thousands of percent in the last few years. The first bitcoin transaction in May 2010 was for 1 pizza which then cost 10,000 BTC. Those 10,000 BTC are now worth £700,000"

True, I'm just saying unless you're interested in trying to play the market or keep an eye on it, don't buy up much more than you need.

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 1:41 PM 

I'd say buy a few and just sit on them for a couple of years. You could be in for a nice little bonus. But, like you say, there is always a risk of loss.

Anonymous
(Login towniehater)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 1:51 PM 

PM-I'm a bit confused about the pricing of the coins.

You've got price 78.13 GBP/BTC then "Amount £10-30 GBP". How does that all work then? Make him offer of between 10 -30 quid n get 78 quids worth or Bitcoins or Vice Versa?

============================================
MASSIVE

StoneManic
(Login StoneManic)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 1:58 PM 

How does delivery work? Do they just put a box of drugs in the post and slap a stamp on it? Or do the dealers have contacts that are local to the buyer? I don't doubt that it works successfully, but I'm just wondering how.

--------------------------------------
We have your motherfuckin' record company surrounded. Put down the candy and let the little boy go

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 2:04 PM 

At the moment the spot price for 1 bitcoin is £70.24. That seller is willing to sell 1 bitcoin to you for £78.13 but he doesn't want to sell a whole bitcoin. He only wants to sell between £10 - £30 worth. Bitcoins are highly devisable and in theory you could buy say 0.1 BTC £0.7 or 70p

Basically the seller set their own price for 1 bitcoin (shown in the 'Price / BTC' column) so there will be differences in what is offered (the ask price).

The amounts shown in the 'Amount' column is the amount of bitcoins that they want to sell priced in pounds sterling. If it's saying £10 - £30 then they only want to sell that amount of bitcoins.

Anonymous
(Login .orgisdead)
TopBoy

No score for this post
June 12 2013, 2:18 PM 

Stone manic, it depends how much, usually the it is vac packed and put in an envelope. For obvious fucking reasons don't use your own name on the envelope. The seller usually explains how it all works.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 515 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  
Find more forums on Indie RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement