<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  

Anonymous
(Login Chairman_LMAO)
TopBoy

Re: travel thread: edinburgh

No score for this post
September 11 2017, 6:09 PM 

No worries.

Edinburgh isn't great for record shops. I like Elvis Shakespeare in Leith and Unknown Pleasures on the Royal mile. Record Shak probably have the best selection.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Anonymous
(Login libertine_live_transmission)
TopBoy

No score for this post
September 13 2017, 12:49 PM 

As well as the ones Chairman mentioned, Vinyl Villains (just off Leith Walk) and Hog's Head (Newington Road) are alright.

mart
(Login beer_for_dolphins)
TopBoy

Score 5.0 (1 person)
October 9 2017, 11:49 AM 

Edinburgh long review:

so was in edinburgh this weekend. Was top, didn't have as much time as initially thought as shit went tits up at work so needed to fly friday rather than thursday like I'd planned.

Ondine was sublime, best food I had all weekend which is saying something as I had some really good scran everywhere I went. The sheeps heid inn, was great managed to get squeezed in for sunday lunch after a walk up arthurs seat thanks for that shout chairman. Sandy Bell's was also brilliant went in Friday night drank all the wiskey and listened to some cracking folk music. Doric was good just before stepping onto the bus to the airport.

My own personal finds:
kings walk (I think it was called) in leith. Went here for food friday night, was really good nice atmosphere and cozy pub, cracking food. Reasonable price.

Dick's - clothing store. Bloody hell I fucking love this place! could have easily spent 3 months salary in there. Bought a cracking italian jacket. Two women in there are really helpful too. Will visit again for sure.

edinburgh park run - this was also fantastic. If you're a fan of park run worth making the trek to this one, flat as a pancake so easy to get round even when wiskey is seaping from every pore. Beautiful setting next to the beach too.

Usher hall is a great venue too. Absolutely fucking shambolic trying to get a beer in there though.

Sorry didn't get in touch Niall, as above my weekend plans messed up a bit. Looks like you've been away yourself though.

Edinburgh is great, I still think glasgow edged it for me a little bit though. My mrs completely disagrees and prefers edinburgh - I suspect that is probably because she didn't get so fucking hammered in edinburgh that she covered the air bnb flat in puke!

Anonymous
(Login Chairman_LMAO)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 9 2017, 3:00 PM 

Wow, you got a lot in! Sounds like a great weekend. Glad you enjoyed it!

mart
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 9 2017, 3:12 PM 

managed to fit in a trip to the castle too. Definitely packed it in.

telling my mrs some gadgee off the internet called chairman LMAO told me about this place (in sandy bells) raised a laugh from the barman serving us.

Anonymous
(Login Niall_MacKay)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 9 2017, 7:48 PM 

Hi Mart, no problems we ended up having an impromptu trip to Chester/Liverpool.

Sounds like you had a blast though. I'm liking the sounds of Indine, have to say. Is it quite plush?

Chester was bloody lovely.

Anonymous
(Login Niall_MacKay)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 9 2017, 7:49 PM 

Hi Mart, no problems we ended up having an impromptu trip to Chester/Liverpool.

Sounds like you had a blast though. I'm liking the sounds of Indine, have to say. Is it quite plush?

Chester was bloody lovely.

Anonymous
(Login Chairman_LMAO)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 9 2017, 9:39 PM 

Haha. Glad to be of service, Mart. Was at a wedding all weekend over in East Lothian or would have offered a pint.

There's no dress code, or anything, Niall but it is quite plush, yeah. Smart casual sort of place.

mart
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 10 2017, 10:26 AM 

Yeh fairly plush, one of those places they take your coat at the door. As chairman said smart casual is fine though. I had cords and a shirt on fit in fine. You'd definitely get away with smart jeans too I reckon.

If oysters are your thing, they have oyster happy hour. All oysters for a quid. Which considering 6 were 18 quid, that is a bargain not to be sniffed at. They were delicious.

Probably best booking in advance, we couldn't get in Friday or Saturday evening so went for lunch and that was still really busy. Might be quieter during the week though.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  
Find more forums on Indie RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement