<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  

This Harvey Weinstein story

October 12 2017 at 12:40 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (Login Sexual_Harassment_Panda)
TopBoy

What a fucking scumbag. Tip of the iceberg stuff with the entertainment industry?

I didn't realise there were some dodgy allegations about Louis CK. The Afflecks not coming out well from this either.

What is really mental, to me, is that one of the main women who has spoken out about Weinstein's actions, Asia Argento, previously signed the petition calling for Roman Polanski's release. Utterly fucked.

Hollywood seems utterly vile. Elijah Wood was calling out the disgusting things going on last year if I remember correctly.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Anonymous
(Select Login papajay)
TopBoy

Re: This Harvey Weinstein story

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 12:54 PM 

All utterly repulsive and all utterly unsurprising

dotorg365 http://www.network54.com/Forum/673024/

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Roughyed
(Login alex19872003)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 2:26 PM 

That story that was on popbitch about weinstien wanking on someone’s leg has been around for years. The Louis CK one has been around for at least 2 years ago. Wasn’t particularly surprised in the end.

Although this is utterly fucked the Affleck stuff is weird. What he did is wrong but all these videos has been around for years and that one on MTV has been dragged up multiple times.

Anonymous
(Login Chairman_LMAO)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 3:03 PM 

Tip of the iceberg indeed. Hollywood has been involved in monumental cover ups of sexual abuse for decades.

There is a good doc about Bryan Singer which, unsurprisingly, flew under the radar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Open_Secret

Anonymous
(Login chetedoherty)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 3:09 PM 

It would be a shame if the Louis CK rumours are true, I'm a big fan

Anonymous
(Login clinteastwoodbradfield)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 3:26 PM 

This is the thing though, a lot of blind eyes turned to people who have fans, and by definition, men in Hollywood will be likely to have fans and/or power

Anonymous
(Login beer_for_dolphins)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 3:35 PM 

when somebody like tig notaro is intimating that the rumours about louis CK are true I'm inclined to believe them.

It's totally fucked, and of course there's more shit been covered up. Although from the sounds of it there have been plenty of women willing to turn a blind eye to ensure their own careers who are now being quite vocal. Not sure how well that fits with me.

Anonymous
(Login Chairman_LMAO)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 3:42 PM 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Louis CK rumours are true. Lots of independent accounts that detail exactly the same behaviour.

Anonymous
(Login .orgisdead)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 6:17 PM 

There's loads of the filthy fuckers bang at it.

Weinstein should have already been arrested but the fuckers gone to rehab like he's the victim.

They should also arrest all the women who got paid off and signed non disclosures. In fact arrest everybody in hollyweird, close that cesspit down.

Wait until they start with the kiddy rapists who abused Disney child actors.

The only question is why now? Trump, that's why. When everyone starts naming names of really powerful men who have abused them, his victims will all come out.

Roughyed
(Login alex19872003)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 6:40 PM 

Apparently the investigation against Weinstein has been going on for the last 10 months

Anonymous
(Login .orgisdead)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 7:10 PM 

It's been going on twenty years. Hollywood is a sick fucking town.

NYT started this investigation a couple of months after trump walked through sexual assault allegations with the help of that other nonce assange.

Cesspit.

Anonymous
(Login Chairman_LMAO)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 8:17 PM 

Hopefully this might be the start of it's 'Saville' moment.

Anonymous
(Login thementalist)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 13 2017, 4:53 AM 

I seem to recall reading something from one of the two corys before about how sexual abuse was rife in hollywood and how theyd both been victims of it. Cant remember which one died but the other said child sexual abuse was the main reason for his mental health, drug and drink addictions which killed him. I can believe it.

I have a real problem with all these powerfull female actors coming out now though...they should have been filing official accounts in the first place all these years ago even if trhey were laughed off and ridiculed as at least they would have logged it into the system. They have been a part of the game and shenanegins themselves by turning a blind eye and keeping quite. On the other hand there will be many female actors who played the game willingly to further there own careears who are not shouting loud at the moment and keeping there heads down.

As said the whole of hollywood is a fucked up place and they are all as bad as each other.

Anonymous
(Login Sexual_Harassment_Panda)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 13 2017, 4:59 AM 

"Although from the sounds of it there have been plenty of women willing to turn a blind eye to ensure their own careers who are now being quite vocal. Not sure how well that fits with me."

It's not ideal but it screams of a culture that they are intimidated and scared of. Doubt it'll happen any time soon but hopefully the culture can switch significantly. Seems like every cunt with a bit of cash has been up to no good.

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

Score 1.0 (1 person)
October 13 2017, 6:22 AM 

Apparently Hugh Hefner might have been murdered because he was under investigation by the LADP for raping a 5 year old and was about to spill the beans on a powerful sadistic Hollywood paedo ring.

Here is the original filed complaint against Hefner by Sheri Allred letter

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0709_hugh_hefner.pdf

Also Hefner was publishing a spinoff magazine called Sugar and Spice in 1975 which showed prepubescent girls, famously showing Brook Shields at 10 years old.

https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2009/oct/03/brooke-shields-nude-child-photograph

________________________________________________________________________________________

Anonymous
(Login Sexual_Harassment_Panda)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 13 2017, 7:27 AM 

It's mental how much attitudes have changed on this subject. Imagine anyone trying to produce such a magazine nowadays?! Was it Harriet Harman that was linked to some dodgy group back in the day who wanted the age of consent lowered significantly? The PIE or something like that.

Anonymous
(Login clinteastwoodbradfield)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 13 2017, 7:46 AM 

“Apparently Hugh Hefner was murdered”

“apparently” being the key bit there.

Anonymous
(Login _pissed_mist_)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 13 2017, 9:04 AM 

He was still a paedo whether he was murdered or not.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Anonymous
(Login hemmojock)
Wykesette

No score for this post
October 13 2017, 12:10 PM 

that brooke shields shit is mental! didnt know about that, the images are there plain as day on google!

Anonymous
(Login beer_for_dolphins)
TopBoy

No score for this post
October 13 2017, 1:16 PM 

"was about to spill the beans on a powerful sadistic Hollywood paedo ring"

I've seen a lot of this sort of stuff recently. It always makes me wonder, why are they always 'about' to do it. Surely you just spill the fucking beans, you don't um and ah about it for a while before doing it.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Rhetoric  
Find more forums on Indie RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement