Pete's getting frustrated :-(

by Pete

The sideways board is 'lousy' to display both sides. It is likely to confuses each player instead of just one, especially with the offset pieces. I think the 180 degree idea will work better and I can do it with this option...

1) 'White' wants to see whole board.

2) Press some key to display both sides.

3) Since 'White' elected to see both sides, the display shows white at bottom, black at top.

REVERSE SITUATION...

1) 'Black' wants to see whole board.

2) Press some key to display both sides.

3) Since 'Black' elected to see both sides, the display shows black at bottom, white at top.

-------------------------------------------------

OK, I need to know what key will be pressed for both sides to be displayed and where in the program that will be allowed to happen. That will allow me to set my new variable OPT1 to rotate the board 180 degrees if 'Black' is viewing both sides or just leave board position alone if 'White' is viewing both sides.

Need feedback. 180 degree code ready to post but need that display both sides tie in to set the variable. Sideways code reay to go to, but yuck!

Pete

P.S. Not the least bit mad, my keyboard already had those teeth marks in it when I bought it from the store.

Posted on Feb 22, 2006, 4:06 PM
from IP address 68.6.85.9

Respond to this message   

Return to Index

Response TitleAuthor and Date
Teethmarks - LOL on Feb 22
 Done...I made a change to MakeMove that should work for it...Pete on Feb 22
  * Mange tak (Means Mohammad was ugly) on Feb 23
   Selv tak (is Klingon for "Do you want qagh with that?")Pete on Feb 23

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement