KIRKBYMOORSIDEdiscussion forum

<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  

KMS Childrens Hospital

May 11 2005 at 10:44 AM
Thelma Earnshaw 

Please can anyone tell me the period during which the hospital was operative? Any detail of its work, catchment area, etc would also be appreciated. Thank you.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bob

Kirkby's History

May 20 2005, 7:44 PM 

Hi

Speak to the people at the Community Office. They have excellent connections with those who are experts in Kirkby's history.

Good Luck.

Webmaster.

Respond to this message   
Sandra Wilson

Kirkbymoorside Children's Hospital

October 18 2007, 5:02 PM 

I have an very good article about the history of Kirkbymoorside Children's (Adela Shaw) hospital. If you want to email me an adress I will post a copy to you.
Sandra

Respond to this message   
David Hall

Adela Shaw Hospital,Kirkbymoorside

February 1 2008, 10:27 PM 

I was a patient at this hospital with TB for nearly 5 years from 1944 to 1948. The wards were open air and I remember snow on the beds in the bad winter of 1947! I would be very interested to read your article.

My adddress is 5 Moor Top Avenue Thurstonland Huddersfield HD4 6YB

Respond to this message   
leanne johnson

please send me info!

October 5 2008, 1:06 PM 

can you send me info on the adela shaw hospital. my gran was a patient there in the late 30's and early 40's and i am trying to research the place.
cheers,
leanne

Respond to this message   
Susan Metcalfe nee Berriman

Adele Shaw Hospital

March 8 2009, 8:35 PM 

Hi Sandra,

I was a patient at the Adele Shaw Hospital from early 1946 for several years. I remember a Dr. Crockett,a lady Dr. Adamson and Nurse Union, so I would be grateful for any information you can send me.

Kind regards

Susan

Respond to this message   
sheila cooke

adela shaw

August 16 2009, 3:46 PM 

I would be very interested in the article on Adela Shaw hospital as I spent time there as an auxiliary nurse to write a thesis for my college course.
Many thanks,
Sheila

Respond to this message   
sheila cooke

adela shaw

August 16 2009, 3:47 PM 

I would be very interested in the article on Adela Shaw hospital as I spent time there as an auxiliary nurse to write a thesis for my college course.
Many thanks,
Sheila

Respond to this message   
Bob

Info

August 24 2009, 3:12 PM 

Have you been keeping an eye on the webpage

http://www.network54.com/Forum/188341/thread/1115804644/last-1250434058/KMS+Childrens+Hospital

There are a number of people who wanted to take up your kind offer.

Respond to this message   
Bob

Adela Shaw

August 24 2009, 3:15 PM 

That last message was meant to go by email not be posted on the site.

Respond to this message   
sandra

adela shaw hospital

August 24 2009, 5:06 PM 

If people want to send me an email to sandra@staithes.demon.co.uk, I will reply with the info.
Several people have done so.
Regards, Sandra

Respond to this message   
sheila cooke

adela shaw

January 20 2010, 11:46 AM 

would be interested in any info on Adela Shaw hospital history

Respond to this message   
sandra

adela shaw

August 24 2009, 5:20 PM 

Send me your email address to sandra@staithes.demon.co.uk and I will send you the info I have about the hospital.
Sandra

Respond to this message   
John Hawkridge

Re: adela shaw

October 12 2009, 9:48 PM 

I Was A Patient There In 1963 When I Was 11 Years Old And Whould Apreceate Any Info

Respond to this message   
Peter Tattersall

Kirby History

January 3 2013, 6:55 PM 

I was a patient in Kirbymooreside from 1949 to 1953 with TB and other complications. I have a few photographs of that period. will gladly share any memories that I have.Sory that I have only recently found these sites.

Respond to this message   
Joan Ann Ferris nee Brown

Responding to Peter's mail

August 12 2013, 7:44 AM 

Peter, I have jeust found this link and saw your post. I was in Kirby Hoorside hospital in the summer of 1953 with polio. I remember looking across to the field on the left and looking at the beautiful wlld flowers in the cow pasture. and I remember how cold it was.
I would like to have a copy ot your photos.
Joan

Respond to this message   

<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement