KIRKBYMOORSIDEgenealogy forum

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Denney(Denny)

December 18 2002 at 3:05 PM

I am looking for information about the family of CHRISTOPHER denney who was married in MIRFIELD on Christmas day 1824, he had a brother JOSEPH who was married in KIRBYMOORSIDE on the 16TH December 1824. Christopher was born 28th December 1801, JOSEPH on the 11TH May 1798. Parents were Thomas and Mary from KIRBYMOORSIDE. At this time the spelling of Denney both
with and without the E seems almost interchangeable.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Denney

January 1 2005, 10:52 PM 

1881 Census Normanby

Dwelling: Cottage

Status Age Sex Birthplace

Thomas DENNEY Married 52 Male Normanby, York, England

Relationship Head

Occupation Agricultural Labourer

Jane DENNEY Married 39 Female Brawby, York, England

Relationship Wife

Occupation Charwoman

Mary H. DENNEY 10 Female Normanby, York, England

Relationship Daughter

Occupation Scholar

George DENNEY 7 Male Normanby, York, England

Relationship Son

Occupation Scholar

Martha DENNEY 3 Female Normanby, York, England

Relationship Daughter

Occupation Scholar

Kate DENNEY 5 m Female Normanby, York, England

Relationship Daughter

Occupation Infant

Kate Denney married John Harding I knew them both.

Any help to you please let me know.

Census at http://www.normanby.info

Regards
Bernie

Respond to this message   

Denneys in Kirby Moorside

February 11 2005, 2:30 AM 

Hi!

I've just discovered that my grandfather, Thomas Galloway, may have lived in Kirby Moorside with his grandparents - Edward & Jane Denny - around 1870. Thomas was then about 11 years of age

I think Edward was a cabinet maker, and lived at Piercy End.

I'd be most interested to know if the house or street still exists and if there is anything further to discover about my grandfather and his family. I believe he came from Leeds originally, and had a brother ( also Edward ), but why he ended up with his grandparents I don't know. I assume his mother must have been the daughter of the Denny's, but as yet I don't know her name either!

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Judy Newton-Davies

Respond to this message   

re christopher Denney

September 1 2008, 1:10 PM 

Christpher Denney was one of at least 6 other children of Thomas and Ann Denney. Besides Joseph he also had 3 other brothers, Isaac DOB 1814/15, Thomas DOB 23 Jan 1800 and Edward DOB 19th Nov 1810. His sisters were Rebecca DOB 1814/15 and Ann DOB approx 1813.

Christpher married Ann Nicolson. They are traceable on the 1841 census (they have 8 children living with them. In the following census two of the boys (Thomas DOB 1830) and William (DOB 1828) are now living in lodgings. By 1881 William is a coalminer, living in Cleckheaton and Thomas is a joiner living in Liversedge. All their Denney cousins from the Kirkymoorside, Normanby families, are all still living in the same area. Any more information on them required, please email me.
Hope this is useful.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Denney(Denny)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement