KIRKBYMOORSIDEgenealogy forum

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Welburn, Sample, darley ancestors

August 24 2006 at 9:48 PM
Liza Gervais 

Hello,

My ggrandfather, Thomas Welburn, was born in Easington, Yorkshire, England, and came to Canada with his parents and siblings. Going backwards through the generations, William Welburn was b 2 June 1817 in Kirkby Moorside,with his parents John Welburn (b Appleton Le Street)and Mary Sample married there 12 June 1809. So far, I have the Sample's (Sampill's) going back to William Sampill m Mary Chester 13 November 1707 in KMS.

I'm also looking for Darley ancesters from KMS, with a known ancestor being Margaret Darley (b abt 1726 to parents Edward and Mary?) who married William Sample 1 May 1746 in KMS.

Any help along these lines would be appreciated.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ruby Welburn Howard

Welburn History

November 12 2006, 11:23 PM 

I am a grandchild of George Arthur Welburn. His father was John L Welburn born in Brisby, Linconshire, England in 1841. My Father is Owen Morris Welburn. He is related to Ralph Welburn in Oregon - brother. I tried to correspond with c. clark via email but it was not successful. There is also a Robert Welburn seeking information on John Welburn. I am very interested in sharing information. My email address is penrynjayhawk@sbcglobal.net. Any infomation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Respond to this message   
Wendy Spetman

John A. Welborn-born 1897

June 12 2007, 8:04 PM 

Looking for information on John A. Welborn born in Nebraska in 1897. Intrested in who he married and if he had any children.

Respond to this message   
KENNETH sAMPLE

SAMPLE FAMILY HISTORY

November 30 2008, 7:01 PM 

FOR SEVERAL YEARS I HAE SEARCHED FOR THE PARENTS OF MY GREAT-GRANDFATHER, ROBERT SAMPLE OF GREENE COUNTY, TN (BORN ABOUT 1770,IN VIRGINIA, DIED AFTER 1850 IN GREENE VOUNTY, TN). MARRIED MARGARET HANNAH 11 NOV 1794. I WOULD LIKE VERY MUCH TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE ON THE SAMPLE FAMILY IN AMERICA. I AM AT A DEAD END AND WOULD APPRECIATE ANY SUGGESTIONS. THANK YOU - KEN SAMPLE

Respond to this message   
Rodney Bowers

Robert Sample

April 20 2012, 11:42 PM 

Don't know if this is any help, but I'm related to Margaret Hannah through her father, William. They lived in York Co., SC, before moving to Greene Co., Tn, ca 1783, and in Mecklenburg Co., NC, before that. You might search those areas for your Samples. I often look at related families for clues; thus, the reason I'm looking at your Samples. Good luck. Rodney Bowers

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Welburn, Sample, darley ancestors

April 21 2009, 6:40 PM 

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sample

Sample Family History

April 21 2009, 6:43 PM 

Would be very interested in seeing your history on the "Sample/Sampill" family. Need help in locating the parente and siblings of Robert Sample b, about 1770 In Virginia, d, after 1850 in Tennessee (Greene County).

Respond to this message   
Carl G. Reade

Sampill/Sample family

April 5 2011, 6:57 AM 

I know that William Sampill married Mary Chester in 1707, but nothing before that on either of them. Their son, also William, married Margaret Darley, but no info on Margaret. Their son, also William married Ann Calvert, but no info on Ann. Their son, John, married Ann Skightholme, but no info on Ann S. Their son, William married Jane Scott, her father was George Scott. This William and Jane had a daughter Annie Elizabeth, b. 1860, who married Frederick William Hill in 1882. Annie is (was) my Great Grandmother. I was born in Scarborough but moved to Canada with my parents in 1952.

Respond to this message   
ken sample

Genealogy of Robert Samples

September 16 2011, 9:01 PM 

Looking for information on the parents and siblings of Robert Samples, born about 1770 in Virginia and died after 1850 in Greene County, Yennessee. Married Margaret Hannah in Greene County 11 November 1794. First child was William Sample, born 1802. I Have searched for several years and would appreciate any information or suggestions. My email is sampleken@aol,com
Thanks in advance---ken sample

Respond to this message   
Alan Bryant

The Welburn etc

December 10 2011, 11:03 PM 

My mother who was born in Canada comes from that line and I have quite a bit of the Welburn & Sample/Sampill lines. Maybe we can trade data?

Merry Christmas,

Alan

Respond to this message   
M pantoja

Robert Sample

November 15 2012, 9:41 PM 

My GGG grandfather was Joseph R. Sample born in TN in 1809. I believe Robert and Margaret were his parents. But have not been able to find a list of their children to verify my assumption.

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sample

Sample family history

December 19 2013, 6:21 PM 

I would like to share information with you regarding the Sample Family. For several years I have searched (in vain) for the parents of Robert Sample who was born about 1770 in Virginia and died after 1850 in Greene County, Tennessee. Rober Sample married Margaret Hannah in 1794 in Green County. If you have any information regarding robert Sample or Margaret Hannah, I would certainly appreciate your response. Also, if you are aware of others who is researching the Sample Family in Virginia and Tennessee, I would be glad to contact them. Thank you - - Ken Sample

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sample

Sample family history

December 19 2013, 6:24 PM 

I would like to share information with you regarding the Sample Family. For several years I have searched (in vain) for the parents of Robert Sample who was born about 1770 in Virginia and died after 1850 in Greene County, Tennessee. Rober Sample married Margaret Hannah in 1794 in Green County. If you have any information regarding robert Sample or Margaret Hannah, I would certainly appreciate your response. Also, if you are aware of others who are researching the Sample Family in Virginia and Tennessee, I would be glad to contact them. Thank you - - Ken Sample

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement