KIRKBYMOORSIDEgenealogy forum

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Adela Shaw Orthopedic Hospital,

October 5 2008 at 2:21 PM
leanne johnson 

can anyone send me info on the adela shaw hospital. my gran was a patient there in the late 30's and early 40's and i am trying to research the place.
cheers,
leanne

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
sheila cooke

Adela Shaw

January 1 2009, 9:54 AM 

I spent three weeks working as an auxilliary nurse at the hospital in 1958. My purpose wass to make a study of some of the children and write a dissertation for my college course. I have fond memories of the experience and still have my dissertation. T he buildings have now gone but I have been back to the area to look and visit the area around as my father's family all came from the area.

Respond to this message   
patrick holdsworth

adela shaw

October 20 2009, 10:19 AM 

i have an original photo of Princess Mary and Major and Mrs Shaw.outside welburn manor on the day the hospital was opened.I need to know to which museum,history group or society to send it.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Adela Shaw Orthopedic Hospital,

March 10 2010, 10:07 AM 

The Kirkbymoorside History Group has been researching the former Adela Shaw Hospital and collecting a few of the memories of those involved as either staff or patients.

See here - http://www.kirkbymoorside.com/Update/KHG Booklet info.pdf

Respond to this message   
Donella Agar mrs

adela shaw history group

February 6 2012, 9:30 PM 

I was a patient for 6 monthes when i was 5-6 yrs old. I appeared on the front page of the yorkshire post when it was getting ready to close down. Happy memories apart from one nurse. please get in touch

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement