KIRKBYMOORSIDEgenealogy forum

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

PARKER Kirkdale

June 28 2009 at 1:50 AM

My husband John, who was born in Kirkbymoorside, is the gtgtgrandson of Jack PARKER, the Sinnington huntsman. We believe that Jack's grandfather Thomas PARKER, was born in 1742 in Edmondbyers, Durham, but have been unable to verify that fact and wonder if any one out there has any info.
I have also recently discovered that 2 sons of Thomas PARKER and Jane FOXTON, emigrated to New Zealand. Thomas b 1838, and Joseph b 1840, in Kirkdale came to NZ in 1860. Thomas never married and returned to England where he died in 1905 but Joseph married and had a family. I have quite a lot of info about them in NZ if anyone is interested.

Regards
Judy

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Parker family Kirkdale

February 5 2010, 10:47 PM 

There are some Parker family graves in graveyard of St Gregory's Minster Kirkdale. My greatgrandfather was Joseph Parker married to Lucy Hannah Teasdale. The family were landlords of the George and Dragon Inn Kirkbymoorside. I would be interested in any family tree you have.

Respond to this message   

PARKER Kirkdale

February 6 2010, 2:50 AM 

Hi Stella

I have several Joseph Parkers and 3 Samuel Parkers in my family tree but can't see where your Joseph would fit in. I found Joseph's marriage to Lucy in 1895 where his age is given as 20, and found him in 1881 census as a six year old, with father Samuel, age 42 born(c 1839) in Welburn. Do you know Samuel's parents? As Samuel was born in Welburn where members of John's Parker family were born, surely there must be a connection.
Look forward to hearing back from you.
Best Wishes
Judy

Respond to this message   

re Parkers New Zealand

October 29 2011, 10:17 AM 

I am very interested in any information relating to the Parkers you have described.
My Grandfather was Joseph Parker of Millers Flat New Zealand who is the son of Thomas Parker who I believe is son of Joseph Parker. I visited the Kirkdale church and cemetry in 1999 and viewed some of the family graves, and also located material about a Thomas parker ( thatcher??) in the Hutton le Hole museum, Unfortunatley I was only there a day.
The Parker brothers came and settled initially in Milton in Otago, New Zealand then one of them moved to Millers Flat. the other of them suffered ill health and returned to Yorkshire and died there. The two brother's farm was located where Milton, the rugby ground is now situated on the farm. they were not good scholars but very good stock men (horses and dogs a trait that has been passed on down through our family.
I have fond memories of my grandfather Joe Parker who was a bit of a character who died in the mid 1960's. The Parkers are great story tellers and songsters! My father his son was Stanley Nimrod Parker who passed away in 1993. I have photos of my Great grandfather Thomas Parker and his family around the 1900's. I have his special porridge pot and a Jews harp which I believe have been in the family for many years There are a few Parkers from the generation above me still alive. My brother Alan Thomas Parker still runs the small holding at Millers Flat fattening cattle. The family links to to past are reflected in the names of the children and grand children- There is a Fred Parker (of my generation ) and my son's is name Joseph.

Hoping to hear from you
Donna Parker

Donna Parker

Respond to this message   

Parker Family New Zealand

February 5 2012, 6:32 AM 

Hi Donna

I have responded to your message using the email address given but haven't received a reply so wonder if your address has changed.
We would really like to contact you and share information about the family so look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Judy

Respond to this message   

Jack/John Parker famous huntsman sinnington hunt

August 11 2013, 5:26 PM 

Hi my mum is the great great granddaughter of jack Parker the sinnington huntsman. Although dates seem to differ all the names match.
Hope to hear from you soon

Nicole

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - PARKER Kirkdale
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement