KIRKBYMOORSIDEgenealogy forum

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The family of Garbutt Hill of Kirkbymoorside

November 21 2011 at 2:20 PM

I would be very grateful if someone could help me out, I'm trying to find the family of my maternal Great grandfather Garbutt Hill, all i know is he was born about 1883 and lived in the Kirkbymoorside area, I don't have the names of his parents or siblings. I think he married an Elizabeth Don't know her surname in 1905 and they later moved to Stockton on Tees/ Thornaby they had three children Emmeline 1906 John 1908 and Edward 190? Garbutt remarried in stockton after my great grandma passed away, but I don't have a date or name for his second wife! my Mam thinks it may have been Mary or another Elizabeth.
Garbutt and Elizabeth's son John my Granddad Married Elizabeth Ena Jobson in 1938. Thats all the information I have to go on. Many thanks Cindy Davies

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Michelle

Garbutt Hill

November 26 2011, 10:51 AM 

Garbutt was the son of John Hill & Sarah Winspear who married in 1860 Kirkbymoorside. Sarah Winspear's father was Thomas Winspear and he married Mary Agar in 1832 Kirkbymoorside. Mary was the sister of my 4x great grandfather, Henry Agar. Henry and Mary's parents were John Agar and Hannah Garbutt who married in 1797 Kirkbymoorside.

Henry Agar married Hannah Lounsborough and their son Garbutt Agar married John Hill's sister Elizabeth Hill (my 3x great grandmother).

As far as I know Garbutt Hill married Elizabeth Stockdale in 1905 and later an Elizabeth Tindell in 1919.

Hope this information is of some help to get you started.

Regards
Michelle

Respond to this message   

Garbutt Hill

November 28 2011, 12:13 PM 

Hello Michelle,

Thank you so much for replying to my post. I'm very grateful indeed for this wonderful news and we defiantly have family links. I had just hit a brick wall with the limited information I had to go on, I didn't even know where my granddad John Hill's family came from and lived until last week. I'm waiting for a birth certificate and info of my granddad's sister auntie Emmaline Hill to arrive from my Mam's sister-in-law who told me that the family came from the Kirkbymoorside area, so I set about trying to find his family and found this website. Would you know by any chance if your 3x great grandmother Elizabeth Hill had any more brother's or sister's or an address they may have lived at that would help me further my research on the Hill family, My Mam thinks Garbutt had a brother called Bill(William)Hope you don't mind me asking but I would be very grateful for any information you may have however small it may be.

Thank you once again.

Kind Regards
Cindy

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - The family of Garbutt Hill of Kirkbymoorside
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement