, a Conquests scenario, is now available for playtesting! This scenario is a variant of Fall of Rome, in which the player can choose to play as either the Eastern or Western Roman Empire. Several aspects of the scenario have been changed to help the AI give Rome a proper threat:
- Update the scenario name and description
- Change which civs are human playable
- Add locked alliance of Sassanids vs. Rome
- Add locked alliance of Celts, Anglo-Saxons and Vandals vs. Rome
- Add locked alliance of Huns vs. Rome
- Allow colonies in desert
- Change War Weariness from High to Low for the Imperialism Government
- Military police to 1 in Imperialism
- Harbor and Walls for Constantinople
- Harbor for Alexandria
Thanks to Gobi Bear of BreakAway Games, we now have Rome Everlasting hosted here for players who are interested in testing the scenario. You can find it in the files
section. Please post any questions, comments, or other feedback about the scenario in this thread.
Those of you who follow the succession games forum know that two teams, RBC12I
are playing through the scenario as well. I wanted to put the file up here to make sure that everyone who wants to has a chance to try it out, and also to make sure the link doesn't get lost as new games begin. Gobi Bear from BreakAway games should be checking into this thread from time to time, so this is a good place to leave comments, questions, or feedback.