REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  

Live Chat with ADAM & ERIC - MARCH 29th

March 23 2002 at 7:17 AM
  (Login spiazza1)
Forum Owner

On Friday, March 29th - Adam & Eric will be hosting a LIVE chat room session at 7:00pm PST. Tell your friends, family and loved ones....and don't forget to bring your questions, comments, and best wishes. Hope to see you all there!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

just to check

March 23 2002, 6:15 PM 

The chat is 7:00pm PST...so that's 10 for us east-coasters, right? Just making sure.

(Login EvilLawyerChick)

just to check

March 24 2002, 6:21 AM 

Thats about 1am for me. But knowing me i'll be up studying so i'll be there

Another thing i was wondering is that, do people go in and chat at scheduled times or just when they come online?

(Login spiazza1)
Forum Owner

Anytime

March 24 2002, 11:34 PM 

People can go into the chat room at anytime...whenever they want to talk Common Ro with other fans.

This friday will be the 1st ever scheduled Chat Event with Adam & Eric - Live.

Bottom Co Ro Ho
(no login)

Yeah right!

March 25 2002, 10:35 AM 

No one ever goes to the chat room thingy. I go on everyday and I have these exhaustingly long conversations with MYSELF! People might actually use this thing, but it is definitely not at any respectable time. Personally, I think it is No-Man's Land!
"Common Ro the hardest working folk band, trying to unite the masses . . . the operative word being TRYING!!!!"

(Login spiazza1)
Forum Owner

Correct

March 25 2002, 1:51 PM 

Sara, that would be correct.

(Login Fortunate)

Untitled

March 25 2002, 2:14 PM 

Sounds like a great idea, and thanks for doing it!

I'll be there!

-Rebecca

(no login)

Inconsiderate

March 25 2002, 5:49 PM 

I think that it is very inconsiderate of the band to schedule thier only chat ever in the middle of the first Passover Seder. What kind of Jew is Adam Busch anyway? Nazis.

(no login)

Looking Forward To It!

March 25 2002, 8:07 PM 

I am looking forward to the chat! They seem like really cool guys so it will be great to get the chance to talk to them. Is it Friday yet? LOL

(Login CR_Stefanie)

Me too!

March 25 2002, 9:30 PM 

I'm looking forward to the chat too!! I just hope my computer doesn't decide to freeze on me or boot me out for some inexplicable reason. Those things only happen to me :|

Stef

CRH #1
http://www.behindthethrill.com/commonro
"How these ticks of desparation pass for looks of sophistocation" - What We Have Now

Julio
(no login)

Passover

March 26 2002, 8:29 PM 

The first seder is Wednesday night, the second seder is Thursday night. There is no seder on Friday night, so what's the problem?

TB
(no login)

Um sorry to correct you but...

March 28 2002, 3:08 AM 

As a fellow Jew who just celebrated her seder, first seder is Weds and second is Thurs, the last five days are just the rest of the holiday. So there's nothing wrong with it. Ya just must have your dates mixed up.

Oh and for Adam, Happy Pesach! g

That goes to all the other Common Ro Jews out there celebrating! I don't get a second seder pouts

wuvs

TB

(Login OzLady)

Re: Inconsiderate

March 28 2002, 2:57 PM 

Well, I find your use of the term "Nazis," particularly in response to something relating to Judaism, to be EXTREMELY offensive! First of all, who on earth are you to judge what kind of Jew Adam is?! Part of being a Jew is not judging others, in fact! Secondly, as others have pointed out, Friday night is NOT one of the "special" nights of Passover: first, second or last, so get your facts straight. Now, it IS Shabbat but not all Jews observe that as strictly as others so it would hardly be worth getting bent out of shape over that. Hey, we can't even enjoy challah that night this week! g

Long and short, join the party and quityergriping!

Oh, and Chag Sameach to Adam, TB and anyone else celebrating Pesach! And TB, no second Seder for the OzLadys either- Dr Mr OzLady has to work and the Ozlets are already sick of matzo!

~OzLady

justliketomdooley
(no login)

Cool idea

March 29 2002, 4:31 PM 

Nifty idea to have a live chat... I can never get the chat thing to actually work for me, though. Maybe it's because I'm trying it from this lame iMac at work? Is it a Java room? For some reason Flash doesn't work for me either. Doh.

(no login)

Flash & Java

March 29 2002, 6:12 PM 

Yes. The site uses flash on various pages. The chat room is java based. I'm not sure what web browser you are using, but I know the most recent Internet Explorer for the mac should work just fine.

(Login CommonGirl)

Re: Me too!

April 2 2002, 4:39 PM 

Hope everyone had fun at the gig and/or chat. I alas was working...

gypsychick
(no login)

chatting

April 3 2002, 2:30 PM 

the chat was so fun, even before the guys came in! maybe we should have a chat like every couple weeks or so just for the fans to gather. And if the guys want (or have time) to stop in, they have that option.

(Login CR_Stefanie)

Re: chatting

April 4 2002, 1:58 AM 

I agree! I thought the chat was lots of fun! I think the guys would be more inclined to stop in once and a while as a suprise if there were people in there more often. That way they wouldn't always have to organize a specific chat time.

Stef

CRH #1
"How these ticks of desparation pass for looks of sophistocation" - What We Have Now

gypsychick
(no login)

regular chat time

April 5 2002, 1:15 PM 

Hmm.. so maybe we should find a time that is good for everyone. I'm assuming in the evening... The only night I'm actually home before 8pm (PST) is on tuesdays. Any ideas? Anyone?

(Login CR_Stefanie)

Hmmm...

April 5 2002, 5:35 PM 

That would be a pretty late chat. That's 10 my time and 11 out east. I don't know how many people could get online that late. I mean I'm online till like 2 lol, but that's just me. Plus Tuesday is Buffy night... can't miss that! I have no idea lol.

This board isn't letting me post. I hope this doesn't post more than once.

Stef

CRH #1

(Login gypsychick)

Re: Hmmm...

April 6 2002, 11:56 AM 

Aww, see I was about to suggest 6pm (pst) on tuesdays but that would run into buffy time. How about any time on friday?

"It's not the size of the mic its the length of the song."

(Login CR_Stefanie)

Re: Re: Hmmm...

April 7 2002, 4:15 PM 

Friday's sound ok. I'd try and make it whenever I could. I'm just wondering how many people want these chat's since noone else is replying lol.

Stef

CRH #1

(no login)

I'd come.

April 7 2002, 7:08 PM 

Just hopefully earlier than 11pm eastern. And Fridays sound good for me too.

(Login TB1479)

Re: I'd come.

April 8 2002, 9:22 PM 

Hmmm another chat? Sounds good but when May 4th comes I have no idea when I'll be available cuz of the new job.

But I shall keep an eye out.

wuvs

TB

"Don't don't don't let's start this is the worst part. To believe for all the world, that you're my precious little girl. Don't don't don't let's start, I've got a weak heart. I can't get around till you get around."-"Don't Let's Start", They Might Be Giants covered by Common Rotation-
"It's not the size of the mic it's the length of the song."-"Rockstar", Common Rotation-
"What was so delicately touching was she recalled that I preferred it red."-"Burgandy", Common Rotation-
"I'm not a poet, nor a prophet though I dream from time to time. I'm an artist of illusion and I sketch a strange design.. So don't pay me with respect, just pay me with attention."-"Did A Verse End?", Common Rotation-
"When I was younger I used to get angry at all the girls. Now that I'm older, I just get angry at the world."-"Oklahoma", Common Rotation-

gypsychick
(no login)

Re: Re: I'd come.

April 9 2002, 1:10 AM 

Stef: Lol. I guess I should've thought about that, but I figure that if we started a pattern, people would trickle in. Ha, but then again maybe I'm just too much of a dork.

(Login CR_Stefanie)

Re: Re: Re: I'd come.

April 10 2002, 3:53 AM 

gypsychick - but you never know who might trickle in... If there were people in there more often... or at all lol, who knows who might come in and surprise us!

Stef

CRH #1

?
(no login)

Re: Live Chat with ADAM & ERIC - MARCH 29th

March 23 2007, 2:58 AM 

Did I miss this?

watcher652
(no login)

March 23 2007, 3:46 AM 

Yes, you did since the dates on the post indicate that the chat conversation took place back in 2002. This year, March 29 is on a Thursday.

Gosh, and I got all excited there for a minute. What made your read such an old thread?

Or is this a big hint that someone really wants to chat?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 23 2007, 4:20 PM 

I'd like to know what kind of jew Eric is

Anonymous
(no login)

March 23 2007, 4:53 PM 

He's the non-Jewish, gentile kind of Jew.

Maybellique
(no login)

March 28 2007, 7:34 PM 

Aww, shoot. I got excited about this, too, until I saw the date. Grrr. I wouldn't mind a chat with the boys, though! I don't think I'll get the chance to meet them anytime soon, so a chat's my best chance. ~DJ

Em
(no login)

March 30 2007, 10:44 AM 

i missed the chat, does anyone have a transcript to post for those of us on london time ? xx

Tori
(no login)

March 30 2007, 12:25 PM 

You missed it by 5 years

watcher652
(no login)

March 30 2007, 4:54 PM 

I'm wondering, was there a live chat back in 2002 and is there a transcript?

(no login)

March 30 2007, 9:42 PM 

it doesn't take much effort to scroll up in order to answer your first question

Rachel
(no login)

March 31 2007, 3:43 AM 

Bah! I had to work. Boo.

watcher652
(no login)

March 31 2007, 3:59 AM 

Oops, my bad, Karen.

Current Topic - Live Chat with ADAM & ERIC - MARCH 29th  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.