REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  

Does anyone know anyone who went to the shows in Oregon or Seattle?

July 21 2002 at 2:35 AM

(Login Briel)

I was just wondering how the shows went, how many songs they sang, if they mingled afterwards, etc...?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Just got back from Seattle show

July 21 2002, 3:06 AM 

Their show went great. In the beginning, Adam "Warren" Busch took the stage and shouted, "You guys have NO idea who we are do you?!"

I have to admit I went primarily to see the great They Might Be Giants at the show. But I was totally pysched once I saw Adam's goofy mug jump into the spotlight. I remember reading in interviews he did for "Buffy" that his band, Common Rotation, often headlined with the Giants, but I was unawares they'd be here. There was actually only him and another guy (forgive me fans) playing acousitic, who's name I do not know. But hot damn, were they entertaining.

Props to them both for White Stripes insults ("what a bunch of dicks"), Tenacious D praise, a nifty "Don't Let's Start" rendition, and some good comedy in between songs. I'd also have to hand it to Adam in his restraint from milking his fame off "Buffy". Quite a few guys in the audience recognized him from the show (figured I was the only one) and shouted "Build us a robot!!" The guy on acoustic guitar was like, "huh, you want us to play Robot Parade (Giants song) ?"
Adam was like, "Noo, I think they mean something else. Anyway, this next song's COUNTRY!!!"

(Login TB1479)

Hehe...

July 21 2002, 6:15 AM 

As Adam's biggest fan I will happily answer those queries

The other guy was Eric Kufs. Other lead singer and lead guitar Also Adam's best friend and apparently every woman's fantasy *snicker*Though I'm kinda partial to Adam myself *g*

And their rendition of "Don't Let's Start" is my favorite. Ask Adam, I request it everytime they do an acoustic set.

I'm glad you enjoyed them. They rock, no? And yay, I think we may have a new fan!

And hehe Adam doesn't use his Buffy fame too much. Even though half his new fans are originally Buffy addicts, comme moi, LOL.

And nic eto meetcha Sean, I'm TB aka crazy redhead with digicam who follows Adam around at shows *snicker* Welcome to the CR forum

*wuvs*

TB

Adam's Biggest Fan
ABC #1-Founder and Official Geek
ABC Version 1.0 Retro Adam
West Coast So Cal Common Ro Pimp
"Don't don't don't let's start this is the worst part. To believe for all the world, that you're my precious little girl. Don't don't don't let's start, I've got a weak heart. I can't get around till you get around."-"Don't Let's Start", They Might Be Giants covered by Common Rotation-
"It's not the size of the mic it's the length of the song."-"Rockstar", Common Rotation-
"What was so delicately touching was she recalled that I preferred it red."-"Burgandy", Common Rotation-
"I'm not a poet, nor a prophet though I dream from time to time. I'm an artist of illusion and I sketch a strange design.. So don't pay me with respect, just pay me with attention."-"Did A Verse End?", Common Rotation-
"When I was younger I used to get angry at all the girls. Now that I'm older, I just get angry at the world."-"Oklahoma", Common Rotation-

(no login)

Couldn't have said it better myself!

July 21 2002, 1:19 PM 

Quoting TB~ The other guy was Eric Kufs. Other lead singer and lead guitar Also Adam's best friend and apparently every woman's fantasy.

LOL

Well it sounds like a great show and I can't wait for Tuesday and Wednesday to come so I can see it for myself.

(Login TB1479)

*laughs*

July 21 2002, 4:39 PM 

I'm quotable now, eh Briel?

You have fun at those shows! I'm still trying to wrangle an earlier shift for Sat. but it looks like it may not happen. *pout*

*wuvs*

TB

Adam's Biggest Fan
"Don't don't don't let's start this is the worst part. To believe for all the world, that you're my precious little girl. Don't don't don't let's start, I've got a weak heart. I can't get around till you get around."-"Don't Let's Start", They Might Be Giants covered by Common Rotation-
"It's not the size of the mic it's the length of the song."-"Rockstar", Common Rotation-
"What was so delicately touching was she recalled that I preferred it red."-"Burgandy", Common Rotation-
"I'm not a poet, nor a prophet though I dream from time to time. I'm an artist of illusion and I sketch a strange design.. So don't pay me with respect, just pay me with attention."-"Did A Verse End?", Common Rotation-
"When I was younger I used to get angry at all the girls. Now that I'm older, I just get angry at the world."-"Oklahoma", Common Rotation-

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Just got back from Seattle show

July 23 2002, 4:21 AM 

THIS IS DIRECT FROM THE MENTIONED ABOVE GUY WHO YELLED 'BUILD ME A ROBOT'... FROM HIS BLOG OR WHATEVER... IRONIC HIS LAST NAME IS 'BUSCH'. I SHOULD GET PAID FOR THE TIME IT TOOK ME TO DO THIS AMOUNT OF RESEARCH...

http://www.bryanjbusch.com/

2002 . 07 . 21
Last night was probably the closest I'll ever come to having a conversation with a cast member of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

We went to see TMBG at the Paramount and the opening band was Common Rotation, a band of which you've most likely never heard. Once I saw the lead singer I turned to BrainDan and said, "I know that guy! That guy's an actor... he's... he was on the last season of Buffy! It's Warren!" Unfortunately, neither BrainDan nor Lisa nor Jeremy could confirm this for me. So I bet Dan $50 that it was him, and I am not a betting man.

So, they played some songs, each passing second cementing the idea that yep, that sure was Warren up there. At one quiet point in an effort to get him to acknowledge it I screamed, "WARREN!" but it didn't phase him a bit. Audience members behind me, on the other hand, started to giggle and murmur agreement. At least they knew what I was talking about, but still.

So, during another quiet moment someone from the audience screamed out, "I love you!" which always gets the band's attention and Warren proceeded to converse with this person about love, and shouldn't they at least go to dinner first and yadda yadda, so I pick another moment and scream, "Build me a robot!" This got his attention.

"What?" he asked me to repeat myself. So I repeated myself, and he still didn't catch it, so someone closer to the stage yelled "Build him a robot!" and Warren took a step back, saying, "Ohhhhh," and his guitarist friend said "I think they know something."

"Maybe they're referring to that 'Robot Parade' song by TMBG, or maybe... maybe they're referring to something else. Here's a country song!"

And that was the end of my conversation.

(no login)

Heh...

July 24 2002, 3:18 AM 

Hah, sorry, that story made me giggle...it also made me think of the olden days of the beanery:
After seeing them for the first time randomly because that was our usualy spot to gather, i see adam walking down broadway, towards some destination, and i'm like 'that guy, that singer guy, he is someone...someone...christ where the hell have i seen him"....it was one of those things that just bugs the hell outa you all night...then at 2:00am i'm in my friends kitchen, just shootin the shit, and all of a sudden i scream "shelby woo!" - yes folks, having younger siblings does come in handy....

so screaming 'build me a robot' reminds me of ppl shouting 'shelby woo'...and then i get a little misty-eyed...

oh and a question: the tour info says TMBG is playing in central park on 7/15, buuut it isn't on this dandy website - anyone know why?

Cat

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Heh...

July 24 2002, 11:57 AM 

"oh and a question: the tour info says TMBG is playing in central park on 7/15, buuut it isn't on this dandy website - anyone know why?"

Well I'd think if Adam and Eric aren't the opening act for any of the east coast shows (and I don't think they are) then whatever dates TMBG are playing elsewhere aren't listed on this site because the guys aren't opening those other shows. If that makes any sense.

(Login TB1479)

*snicker*

July 25 2002, 7:51 PM 

Hence why I love the question:

"Is that Warren from Buffy in your icon?"

I have this LJ icon which is a pic of me and Adam (ok it's 4 pics) and it flashes and says, "Don't you wish all geeks were this hot?" And it's my default currently. So I love it when people recognize him. It's even funnier when they think he is my bf. *snicker*

LOL don't ya hate it when you recognize someone and can't figure out where the life of you they are from? Always niggles my brain.

Anyways...

*wuvs*

TB

Adam's Biggest Fan

Current Topic - Does anyone know anyone who went to the shows in Oregon or Seattle?  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.