Just yesterday one of my friends turned to me after looking through my cd collection and said in this strange bewildered tone, "Janet, you listen to some weird sh*t..."
But I digress, it's not that weird... not really... right?
And RE: Whoever mentioned Lorenna McKennit - I've loved her ever since high school. Have you heard The Mask & The Mirror song? Beautiful celtic vocals.
- only been listening to them since my birthday this year, wandered into a bar with some friends hoping to find a band playing. They were there, and the show was just.. AMAZING, so powerful. Classic rock. Then after the show one of the guys came over to my friend.. to make a long story short, we ended up staying at the bar until it closed talking to the band. It was... really odd. The bartender told us to go home though. Damn him.
- Saw them open for CR, and by the second song was hooked! By the end I wasn't sure if I wanted them to stay and play some more or if I wanted CR to come on.
- Angry chick rock! Yay!
- you've probably heard of this one
- Like Garbage and Bif Naked, only with a little more darkwave and goth thrown into the mix.
- gorgeous folk singer/songwriter
- Come on, it's Jordan! And Mark's a hottie giggles
Singer (I believe his name is Bill...?) has such vocal strength, and the songs are perfect for long peaceful nights just peacefully hanging out.
- Called a "They Might Be Giants celtic band". And they wear kilts.. I love kilts, end of story.
- She had such a powerful voice, and her lyrics are dark and psychological. "Haunted" has got to be the best concept album ever put out.
- They seriously take my breath away. Three beautiful and extremely talented cello players who perform their "recitals" in antique victorian corsets. And their music ranges from angsty heartbreaking ballads, to lite-hearted little dittys.
- Hilarious lyrics, and some other really heart-felt songs all filled with delicious dark humor. He has such a sultry, unbelievably beautiful voice. My current crush
Plus, the violinist in the band Gregor Kitzis (who's also played violin on a TMBG's track) offered to teach me how to play the violin so I'm all excited about that.
My god I do like to ramble on, don't I? The Queen of Corney Stories is back once more! g