REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  

Ah, Corporate America

July 28 2003 at 1:35 PM
  (no login)

So, I walk into the office monday morning, they pull me and the rest of the department into the conference room and say, "Well, sorry boys and girls but the whole production department is moving to florida. You have four months left here. After that, welcome to boca raton." So, if there's anyone out there with a job opening as a designer, editor, or (my specialty) production editor in either the book or magazine publishing industry, i'd greatly a shout out my way. At least I have some time to get everything in order. We'll just have to see how the ball drops.

peace and love,
naggz

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dana
(no login)

Wow

July 28 2003, 1:45 PM 

naggz: Sorry about the sudden shift at work, but at least they did give you the 4 months notice, yeah? So, I take it you are totally against Boca Raton?

I will keep my eyes and ears open for ya.

~Dana

(no login)

Re: Ah, Corporate America

July 28 2003, 1:50 PM 

Naggz,

Sorry about the job. Good luck.

~Hacker Groupie

(no login)

July 28 2003, 2:25 PM 

Naggz,

Sorry about the job. Good luck.

~Hacker Groupie

(no login)

July 28 2003, 2:48 PM 

Naggs,

Where are you located? I work for Macmillan/McGraw- Hill publishing. We own other school divisions as well. They are always hiring for designers in certain parts of the country mainly New York, but sometimes in other states as well.

`Star

(no login)

29 West 35th Street

July 28 2003, 3:04 PM 

I'm like a block away from you. Why don't you email me so we can talk about this further. The board is great (I love you all) but I don't think anyone really wants to know why I qualify for a position (get your x-rated mind out of the gutter ken). So yeah, email me at the gven address and we can talk further. Thanks a bunhc. Finally some good news.

peace and love,
naggz

naggz
(no login)

July 28 2003, 3:06 PM 

as far as boca raton is concerned, i definitely think my girlfriend jamie would kick my ass. and, no offense to anyone down there, but i think florida is just where old people go to die.

peace and love,
naggz

(Login Tammtamm)

I'll keep you in my thoughts...

July 28 2003, 7:44 PM 

I hate when companies downsize, reorganize, up and move and I've been through three since 1997.

I'll keep you in my thoughts naggz... even though I don't know ya...

Tamm

(Login CommonGirl)

July 29 2003, 1:01 AM 

Best wishes to you. I hope that you find a job that suits you, pays you well and makes you grin.

http://www.rocktherock.com
http://www.slayground.net/yourgirl

(no login)

July 29 2003, 1:10 AM 

I can identify with that... Our company got acquired last year (shan't say which but it was in the music news) and the local company cldn't absorb all of us. So there we went.

Good thing I've worked there for 6 yrs and therefore the retrenchment package was good enough to have me leech on for awhile.

Currently, I'm just bumming around :D
The employment market sux at the mo'.

~Ash

(Login Titch_Bitch)

July 29 2003, 12:04 PM 

Ash - I agree
And the (UK) McDonalds recruiting was yesterday, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

~NiCoLa~
When I say 'Bo' you say 'Selecta'!

professorbj
(no login)

not so dirty

July 29 2003, 8:09 PM 

Naggz I'm shocked that you would think less of me.

Current Topic - Ah, Corporate America  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.