REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  

Vintage Vinyl, October 17

October 15 2003 at 7:32 PM
John  (no login)

First of all, is anyone else definitely going? I know I'll be there...

Also, does anyone know if Adam and Eric will do a signing after the set?

Thanks to whoever can help!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Rachel
(Login CR_Rachel)

Re: Vintage Vinyl, October 17

October 15 2003, 8:39 PM 

Hey there, John,
I'm not going to the show but I know that usually Adam and Eric make time for autograph signings after any of their sets.

-- -- -- --

The Professor

FOLK.shit.up @ Live in Five Productions.
*boop*

danielle
(Login Soda_and_Poprocks)

October 15 2003, 9:14 PM 

im going. see you there. i was at the last one and they hung out for a few mins. with the fans.
~danielle~

kim
(no login)

vintage vinyl

October 16 2003, 4:22 PM 

I'm going to! I am driving there with my friend DJ in which all of you know from the message boards-
see you there

Hacker Groupie
(no login)

October 16 2003, 5:25 PM 

Hope you all have fun!!! Take photos, write reviews... be wacky.

~Hacker Groupie

Common Girl
(no login)

October 17 2003, 11:37 AM 

Friday, October 17th
Acoustic in-store performance at
Vintage Vinyl
http://www.vvinyl.com/
51 Lafayette Rd.
Fords, NJ
(732) 225-7717
ALL AGES
7:00 PM

John
(no login)

October 17 2003, 10:04 PM 

Great show... Adam's freestyling during "Fortunate" was hilarious... Eric broke a string (I think during "Tired and Sad") and messed up the lyrics to "Fortunate" pretty badly toward the end. It was all good, and worth a laugh or two.

I'm sure someone else will have an actual setlist, but the songs I remember them singing (I missed the first half of the first song, so I couldn't tell what it was):

Indie Rockin, Union Dues, Lena, Savior, Oklahoma, The Party's Still On, Tired and Sad, Don't Let's Start, Plan Ahead, Fortunate

Anyway... definitely worth the while... outstanding performance

Karen
(no login)

October 17 2003, 11:06 PM 

John, the first song was actually the new Union Maid song that's up right now. I was very surprised and happy to hear it since I was listening to it before I came to Vintage Vinyl tonight. So whoever has a setlist can let us know what it's called.

Hacker Groupie
(Login Hacker_Groupie)

October 18 2003, 1:35 AM 

Hey John & Karen!

Glad you both had fun. Guitar string broke? Hopefully he had a spare string - or guitar then, eh? Sure he did. Maybe they "planned ahead" or were prepared as most would say.

Ooh, they played Lena and Belfast (party's still on)? I adore those songs as most peeps know by now. Union Dues is also great, but what with the danged strikes going on here in LA I can't hear the word "Union" without thinking of the strike.

Cool about the show. And about the Union Maid song, too.

~Hacker Groupie

And, Randomly:

"99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer! You take one down, pass it around - 98 bottles of beer on the wall.."

DJ
(Login DJParisNYC)

Set List and Pictures

October 18 2003, 1:40 AM 

Here ya go, from the home office in Fords, New Jersey, tonight's "official" Common Rotation set list.

<Drum roll please>

Clear Channel
Indie Rockin'
Union Dues
Lena
Savior
Oklahoma
Belfast
Tired + Sad
Fortunate

Requests from the crowd (before the hilarious "Fortunate"): Don't Let's Start, Plan Ahead

[Thanks to Matt for the set list, and to Adam for the harmonica!]

Sorry Hacker Groupie, but I need to leave any reviews to those more eloquent than I.

I do have pictures up though, at http://www.djparis.com/journal200310.asp#coro

I like the fuzzy purple-and-green ones. Oh, and this one.

D.J. Paris
http://www.djparis.com

Danielle
(Login Soda_and_Poprocks)

October 18 2003, 2:33 AM 

DJ, your pics are amazing! i love the purple/green tint ones!

I just finished uploading my pics. I have them on imagestation as of now, because I have too many to put on my site. In the near future, I will put my favorite ones on my site.
my pics from Vintage: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288830365
~Danielle~

Anonymous
(no login)

October 18 2003, 5:57 AM 

Nice pictures

Regan
(no login)

October 18 2003, 12:24 PM 

Oh, "Fortunate" was hilarious! I love little things like that..forgetting words, messing up songs, breaking strings..it makes for an interesting show, to say the least, lol.

My pics aren't developed yet (yeah..I know. i have a personal vendetta against my digital camera.) but i will post them asap.

Allie
(no login)

Vintage Pics

October 18 2003, 6:21 PM 

John
(no login)

October 18 2003, 7:59 PM 

If you look at DJ's pictures, you can see that Eric used 2 different guitars... the first few have him playing a guitar that says "Cut Throat" on it... the string on that one broke, and he picked up one that didn't have anything written on it.

Regardless, the show was absolutely great... can't wait for them to come back

Karen
(no login)

October 18 2003, 11:19 PM 

great pics, DJ. and happy birthday! i was going to go over and say hi but i'm one of those shy folks.

Kim
(no login)

vintage vinyl

October 19 2003, 4:31 PM 

Yeah the show was amazing! Good to meet you Allie!

Allie
(no login)

October 19 2003, 7:01 PM 

Nice to meet you too Kim, and DJ. Oh, Happy B-Day DJ ( A bit late please forgive me )

Geraldine
(no login)

October 23 2003, 4:59 AM 

Great pics DJ! Did you travel from the states over to the harvest convention? That's a long way 2 travel!

I have a question, is most peeps on the forum either Buffy or Angel fans? I see some peeps have the live journal thing and there seem's to be allot a pics from Buffy conventions.

Anonymous
(no login)

October 23 2003, 2:37 PM 

some but not all

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.