REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  

November 28th - Hotel Cafe, Hollywood

November 18 2003 at 12:30 PM
Common Girl  (no login)

Friday, November 28th
The Hotel Cafe
1623 1/2 N. Cahuenga Blvd.
Hollywood, CA
http://www.hotelcafe.com
310-461-1040
Acoustic Performance
9:00 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Stef
(Login CRoFan28)

Re: November 28th - Hotel Cafe, Hollywood

November 18 2003, 8:35 PM 

*cough*double post*cough* LOL :P

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
FOLK.shit.up. @ Adam forums || Eric forums || Live in Five
"You can say that you were there, reflected in my stare... we all know there's no easy way out."
MSN/AIM: CRoFan28 -- LiveJournal: crofan28 -- the_folk_show *boop*

Stef
(Login CRoFan28)

November 18 2003, 8:35 PM 

*cough*double post*cough* LOL :P

"You can say that you were there, reflected in my stare... we all know there's no easy way out."

Stef
(Login CRoFan28)

Oops.

November 18 2003, 8:38 PM 

How ironic... heh.

Idol
(no login)

November 20 2003, 11:40 PM 

Yay!! So excited about this show, been feelin a little neglected here on the west coast, I need my CR fix. Hope to see everyone there.
Idol

Anonymous
(no login)

Wish it weren't the day after Thanksgiving!

November 23 2003, 11:40 AM 

I'm going out of town for the holiday. Everyone else have fun, though!

Beth
(Login bethlehem2)

Is a group getting together to go to the show?

November 24 2003, 7:40 PM 

I've never seen them play here. I'm looking forward to it.

HG
(no login)

November 25 2003, 2:44 PM 

I, too, look forward to CoRo happy-vibes.

~Hacker Groupie

"The more I read, the more questions I have. Everytime I pass a library I get an anxiety attack."

("O'Neill" on Seaquest DSV)

Briel
(no login)

November 25 2003, 3:57 PM 

I wish I could go.

Bren
(Login taintedidealist)

November 25 2003, 5:45 PM 

Remember to give us the details after y'all see the show...

Bren

HG
(no login)

November 25 2003, 6:20 PM 

Briel - That sucks. But it's a happy warm fuzzy thought for me since I'm too poor to buy a ticket to fly home for Thanksgiving. And my mother expressly forbids me to drive my piece of junk car the 900 miles or so it is to her house. Bah.

Wish you could come. Did get an email from a happy gal I met at the KF show who will be attending. Makes me all gush inside. CoRo fans unite! Woohoo.

err..

I'm rambling. But, hey, just wasted another 45 seconds of company time. Makes a girl proud....

[clears throat] "Slacking off at work is wrong, kids!"

~Hacker Groupie, esq

Relive the 80s! Rent Harry and the Hendersons! D.A.R.Y.L., War Games, Adventures in Babysitting, and Project X. Do it. And invite me over to watch. Please?

Nick
(no login)

Huh?

November 28 2003, 6:42 AM 

I was looking around the web site for the first time and noticed that there are way too many acoustic shows. I get the idea that the acoustic ones are only the two lead singers. Aren't there 4 members in Common Rotation and why don't the other two play as much?

Briel
(Login Briel)

The Big Debate

November 28 2003, 12:18 PM 

Nick~I guess you haven't noticed that that has been a big debate between other people on this forum lately. Some possible reasons that there are so many acoustic sets could be that A) if the shows are around the holidays then maybe Ken and Mike will be spending that time with their families and since Adam and Eric will be in NY anyways then it's easier for them to do a show, B) the Hotel Cafe has a really tiny stage so they have acoustic shows so as not to have to squish them all up there. The last Hotel Cafe show was supposed to be acoustic too but they all managed to contribute somehow anyways (i.e. Ken on the triangle. lol), C) Maybe Ken and Mike are busy with work or other projects they have going on, I know Ken works all the time and Mike works with several different bands. Maybe they can't take the time off like Adam and Eric can... The point is they must have their reasons for doing so many acoustic shows and it gets old when people whine about it all the time. If people don't like acoustic shows then don't go to them and wait for full band shows. I'm tired of people arguing over whether acoustic or full band is better. Sure everyone has an opinion but people around here complain too much. They are lucky that the guys do as many shows as they do. Personally I'll go to any show they do because it's a guaranteed good time either way.

Hope that wasn't too bitchy.

*~AIM~* Horseluvr636

CmnRofan
(no login)

November 28 2003, 2:11 PM 

I have seen the full band show and the acoustic show with Eric and Adam... I had a great time at both shows and as long as I get to see them...I don't care if it's a full band or Adam and Eric...Great times to be had by all!!!!

And to those who are going to the show tonight...Have a great time!!!!!

Nick
(no login)

November 28 2003, 3:49 PM 

Briel - Thankyou for your thoughts, you deserve a penny

Now I'm off to go watch some tube. Do CR have a music video out?

CoRoBabe
(no login)

"...you deserve a penny"

November 28 2003, 6:47 PM 

Nick, that was too cute! I'm not sure about the video, but I think it's a good idea (hint hint)As for Briel deserving a penny, well I'd give her two! I'm not sure any of her reasons are correct, though. My guess is that they aren't making enough money to pay for the whole band. Now do I get a penny, too???

Nick
(no login)

November 28 2003, 7:04 PM 

Corobabe ~ Pennies for all. I think it would be cool to see a music video for CR. They need some more recognition!! Have they ever played in canada b4? Yes I know what you all are thinking, I'm just a barrel load questions. I am just a curious little boy who stumbled across something great! My questions are all from the heart.

Karen
(no login)

November 28 2003, 7:23 PM 

If I can remember, I think DJ posted a bit ago that the guys mentioned they were in the midst of making a video for True Hollywood Romance.

Hacker Groupie
(no login)

November 28 2003, 9:06 PM 

Well all.... shortly I will be leaving the apt on a long meander down to the Hotel Cafe. I hope to see some of you there.

~HG

TB
(Login TB1479)

Well said...

November 29 2003, 6:02 AM 

Briel-hear hear darlin. I'll give you a shiny nickel I enjoy both full band and acoustic. Ya never know what you're gonna get with either. And hey for me every show is different even when they do two back to back

I wish I coulda gone too but work prevented me from making it this time. Small glimmer of hope that they were gonna ER me but dangit if the 5:00 person didn't show up. Grrr.

Hope you had a good holiday doll. See ya at the next show hopefully

Stef-LOL now that is ironic. g

HG-Adventures in Babysitting! Wheeeee! Don't forget Sixteen Candles, and Breakfast Club, and Revenge of the Nerds. Can't forget our brat packers now

Hope everyone who went had a good time. I had to work. Mrf.

*smoosh*

TB

Adam's Biggest Fan
ABC #1-Founder and Official Geek
ABC Version 1.0 Retro Adam
West Coast So Cal Common Ro Pimp
"Don't don't don't let's start this is the worst part. To believe for all the world, that you're my precious little girl. Don't don't don't let's start, I've got a weak heart. I can't get around how you get around."-"Don't Let's Start", They Might Be Giants covered by Common Rotation-
"It's not the size of the mic it's the length of the song."-"Rockstar", Common Rotation-
"What was so delicately touching was she recalled that I preferred it red."-"Burgandy", Common Rotation-officially honored with retirement Sunday March 9th-*sob sob*
"I'm not a poet, nor a prophet though I dream from time to time. I'm an artist of illusion and I sketch a strange design.. So don't pay me with respect, just pay me with attention."-"Did A Verse End?", Common Rotation-
"When I was younger I used to get angry at all the girls. Now that I'm older, I just get angry at the world."-"Oklahoma", Common Rotation-
"You see, we don't solve your problems here, we just work our way around."-"Offstage Lines"-Common Rotation-

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.