Hello, all! Miss me?!
Things I know:
1) I have not been to this board, let alone the site, in a long time because I now work so much that it's crazy - I went from having zero jobs to three in the span of 4-5 months!
2) I love seeing the boys play (this I can not stress enough!)
3) That everyone (except CoRo fans) think that I am nuts for going to the Wednesday night Knitting Factory shows @ 11pm even though I have to work a 9 hour day starting @ 8am and my job is approx. 1 hour from home.
4) Even though it's a trek and it's late, it's SO worth going to the Knitting Factory shows and the next day you're not even that much more tired than you would be if you stayed home and watched Adult Swim.
5) I have met some really great people and have some of the best times of my life enjoying great music with genuine, good hearted people.
6) That I'm going to call in a favor of said "good hearted people"
7) February 11th is my 26th birthday and a Knitting Factory show! And I would love it if all of my Common Rotation friends would come down and enjoy the last Wed. late night KF show with me "The Birthday Girl" (or some of you may know me as "The Crazy, Loud Groupie Girl That You Always See")
Thank you in advance for your attendance. I just now went through the heart felt stuff, but that doesn't mean that I will be so nice if you don't show up for the birthday shin-dig! I'm pointing fingers at all of you, don't make me start naming names! You see, I'm really excited about "The Birthday Show" (it's fun to name things) because my b-day is on a Wednesday and there's actually something awesome to do!
Thank You, Come Again!
I feel like such a bum for missing the other 2 KF shows (pilot season is kicking my ass!), but I assuaged the guilt by reminding myself I would certainly be at the 2/11 show cause it's her bday. So now I get to celebrate your birthday too! Much goodness and joy all around!
We're doing dinner before hand- call me!
Wendy (no login)
February 7 2004, 11:40 AM
First off,HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry I won't be able to make it to the show, but familial responsibilities call: Maxie is in a play that AM and Jeff is working overnight that night. Will be thinking MANY happy b'day thoughts for you and have a drink for me! :-D
P.S.- In the good news category, Common Rotation is going to be playing at our event in May. In the bad news category, I am going to miss what is SURE to be a kickass show at the Paradise here in Boston in March because I am going to be in Austin for the SXSW Film and Interactive Festival. Meh...
Sorry for being away the last week. Jamie and I ran away to San Diego for the weekend. Had an amazing time, enjoying the sunshine, Coronado, pandas headed for China, a free-flowing champagne brunch cruise around the bay, dinners in Little Italy, parties in the Gaslamp Quarter, shopping in the Seaport Village, and - for the first time in a long time - relaxing.
As for a Common Rotation note, I picked up a little something for Adam down in Tijuana. If you come down on Wednesday, you'll hopefully see it in action!
Tricia, you rock!! I'll definitly be there Wednesday to celebrate your b-day. It will be a blast!