REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  

The Hotel Cafe vol 3

November 11 2004 at 3:38 AM
watcher652  (no login)

The Hotel Cafe volume 3. Los Angeles, CA

001 Gone Dyin'
002 Everything Under the Sun
003 The First Time
004 It's Always More Than Once Before It Takes
005 Karma Chameleon
006 Plan Ahead
007 Answering Machine
008 It's Not My Birthday
009 Try Too Hard
010 Captain's Arrival
011 Fortunate
012 You Ain't Goin' Nowhere

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login TequilaQueen)

Re: The Hotel Cafe vol 3

November 11 2004, 4:22 AM 

Yay!! Another CD. Tho I was kinda hoping that Definitive Biography would be on one soon. Oh, well, guess I can't have everything.

Don't suppose we can get a hint as to when this would be available to buy via the website, can we?

Davina
x

Sherry
(no login)

November 11 2004, 5:05 AM 

Ahh that's such an excellent songlist. Karma, Birthday, Nowhere, Captains Arrival. Yah! Now I really can't wait to get it. Can anybody tell me if Adams on that version of Captains Arrival or was that Erics solo?

Jo Ann
(no login)

November 11 2004, 11:44 AM 

Which one is Captain's Arrival? I don't remember hearing that title before.

Peace Love and Cheese

skylar
(no login)

November 11 2004, 12:05 PM 

I think Captains Arrival is the UM "Means of Survival".

Great tracklist, btw hope we get a chance to order it online soon.

Julia
(Login Jules_Jay)

November 11 2004, 1:48 PM 

I think Captains Arrival is the UM "Means of Survival"

listens .. so it is

thanks skylar .. I was wondering myself!

watcher652
(no login)

November 11 2004, 2:29 PM 

Captain's Arrival is with Eric.

Fortunate has alternate lyrics. Eric starts off with the "real" lyrics, but Adam has a different set. And the last set where they both sing is different, too. It's very funny. It's a good song to change since it's short and the rhythm lends itself to word changes.

During the intro to "The First Time" Adam says they've been playing the song since junior high!

watcher652
(no login)

November 11 2004, 3:22 PM 

Hey, I just remembered that you got this cd for free if you buy the Clear Channel cd at The Bitter End. Damn, and I bought 2 last night. Oh well, somebody else is going to get a Common Rotation Christmas present...

Jo Ann
(no login)

November 11 2004, 3:54 PM 

Oh goodie! I like Captain's Arrival (Means of Survival)! And I haven't heard Answering Machine for a while. And, of course, I love Ain't Going Nowhere.

Peace Love and Cheese

watcher652
(no login)

November 12 2004, 12:20 AM 

I forgot to mention that Fortunate has a musical interlude of Jordan playing after Adam sings his solo part. So Jordan has "lyrics" too.

Sue Smith
(no login)

November 12 2004, 1:13 AM 

So I wonder when this CD is going to be available to order online? hint

Though I am SO looking forward to when my Clear Channel CD gets here - I'm greedy, what can I say?

Joanna
(no login)

November 12 2004, 5:01 AM 

Yes, it would be great to be able to order Vol 3 online..especially as we English fans won't be seeing the band until April, so no chance to buy it at the gigs till then...yay that we can order Vol 2 online though, i sorely regret not having bought it in October.

Julia
(no login)

November 12 2004, 7:08 AM 

crosses fingers hopefully after this rather busy weekend ... we'll get our online chance

prettypleasewithacherryontop!

ooh and then shipping for Clear Channel will start too - bliss.

Jo Ann
(no login)

November 14 2004, 11:33 AM 

I must say that I think they've finally perfected the sound quality for the live CD.

I've always enjoyed Adam's amusing introductions to songs, but the one for The First Time takes first prize so far. My personal favorites off this CD are Answering Machine, It's Not My Birtday, Captain's Arrival and Fortunate.

Peace Love and household appliances

Danielle
(no login)

November 14 2004, 2:37 PM 

awww man they took off Lena! they played the newer version of Lena at the show but i guess they didnt want it on the cd... oh well, still sounds awesome. cant wait to get it

Regan
(no login)

November 14 2004, 3:40 PM 

"Fortunate has alternate lyrics. Eric starts off with the "real" lyrics, but Adam has a different set. And the last set where they both sing is different, too. It's very funny. It's a good song to change since it's short and the rhythm lends itself to word changes."

Yeah..they always change the lyrics to Fortunate. That's the reason I love hearing it live. There are some really funny versions out there from other shows.

Julia
(no login)

November 21 2004, 3:36 AM 

bump Early Christmas present for us alert!

No guesses as to what is now available to buy online - Fantastic news – Thank you thank you!!–

..It’s the first thing I’ve been checking each morning on the site and today is apparently my lucky day

Joanna
(no login)

November 21 2004, 7:53 AM 

Thank you so much guys!! that's really lovely that you've put it online already for us "outside the US" types to buy. it is very much appreciated!

i noticed that whilst i got charged shipping for this CD which i just ordered, i wasn't charged on thursday when i ordered clear channel and hotel cafe vol 2?? v strange. i'm more than happy to pay it, since it's such a tiny amount, just odd that it didn't add it onto my total. hopefully it won't delay shipping it out.

Julia
(no login)

November 21 2004, 9:13 AM 

I think Joanna for orders over $15, the shipping gets waived?

and oh yes .. this quick online appearance is VERY much appreciated!

Joanna
(no login)

November 21 2004, 10:42 AM 

ah, that makes sense, thanks Julia! can't wait to get the CD's now...

(Login grimma_french)

November 21 2004, 10:44 AM 

:-D

I was desperately looking for ways to spend money this afternoon and, thank the PTB, Common Rotation was there for me. I even had left my credit card just next to the computer, to be ready.

Thank you guys!

(Login TequilaQueen)

November 22 2004, 4:55 AM 

And can I add my thanks too. Just ordered it. What a nice way to start a Monday morning!

Davina
xx

Sue Smith
(no login)

November 23 2004, 11:54 AM 

I ordered mine yesterday! Whee!

Two discs of CoRo goodness coming my way soon!

Current Topic - The Hotel Cafe vol 3  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.