REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  

east coast gigs

December 18 2004 at 11:24 PM
Matt  (no login)

Just a heads up. Common Rotation will be playing in NYC on Friday Feb. 18th and in PA on Saturday Feb. 19th. Details to come.....

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kat Eyz
(no login)

Re: east coast gigs

December 19 2004, 1:39 AM 

Thanks Matt for the update! Now I just need to get some plane tickets.......

Jo Ann
(no login)

December 19 2004, 7:03 PM 

Heads up! We're heading back to the Bitter End! yay!

looks over at the calendar It seems so far away yet.

Peace Love and Cheese

Meg
(no login)

December 19 2004, 10:51 PM 

The PA date is a week before I got to Florida. Maybe I'll be able to make it, depending on how far away it is.

-Meg

(Login korearian)

December 19 2004, 11:07 PM 

Most excellent news!

-- -- -- --
Lockstock: You're too young to understand it now, but nothing can kill a show like too much exposition.
Little Sally: How about bad subject matter?
Lockstock: Well...
Little Sally: Or a bad title, even? That could kill a show pretty good.

Kat Eyz
(no login)

December 20 2004, 12:20 AM 

What's funny is that I keep telling Paul that I won't be back to see him again each time I go to the BE because I live too far away and I don't know if I'll make it out there again.

I really should stop doing that, haha.

Regan
(no login)

December 20 2004, 3:58 AM 

Sweet. I'll be there.

Jess
(no login)

December 20 2004, 1:16 PM 

from the main site

Friday, February 18th 2005
Bitter End
147 Bleeker Street
New York City
18+
8:00PM
Tickets will be availabe online soon...

Saturday, February 19th 2005
The Point
880 West Lancaster Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
7:00PM

(Login dkellergrl)

February 2005 Bitter End Show

December 20 2004, 4:00 PM 

I know that everyone who goes to The Point and/or Bitter End shows will have a great time.  I won't be in the audience that night, because I'm going to see Spamalot that night.

www.livejournal.com/users/dkellergrl

Jo Ann
(no login)

To Denise

December 20 2004, 4:47 PM 

This will be my first try at recording a show. So, if it comes out alright, I'll burn you a copy.

Peace Love and Egg Nog

(Login korearian)

December 20 2004, 5:01 PM 

You'll be missed, Denise, but how freakin' awesome! I'm so envious. I think that constitutes as a great excuse for missing CoRo in my opinion. :D

-- -- -- --
You know, when you're up against Hugh Jackman, there's nothing to be nervous about. I knew I had no chance of winning, which was fine, but what made it even better was that I lost to somebody who really deserved it and was such a class act. I remember being at a Tony function with him, and he came up to me wanting to have his picture with me!

(Login dkellergrl)

December 21 2004, 10:58 AM 

Jo ann - Thanks

Karen - I'm really excited about the show.  Is your quote from John Tartaglia (Avenue Q)?

www.livejournal.com/users/dkellergrl

(no login)

December 21 2004, 11:51 AM 

lol No, actually it's from a great interview with Hunter Foster. Sigh.

(no login)

December 22 2004, 8:04 AM 

Badass. I'll be there on Saturday. (Been taking off too much time from work, so Friday is probably a no. Ah well.)

I've got some incentive to start my next project now.

Sue Smith
(no login)

December 22 2004, 9:09 AM 

I walked past The Bitter End yesterday on a random walk in NYC.

Sadly, I won't be here in Feb.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 22 2004, 1:30 PM 

Bitter End tickets are on sale now.

Julia
(Login Jules_Jay)

December 22 2004, 2:14 PM 

Bitter End tickets are on sale now.

Excellent ... I'm in a reckless mood tonight!

- has anyone tried to order yet - I'm getting error messages through the online store?

Tricia
(no login)

This is important!

December 22 2004, 5:12 PM 

The Bitter End gig is exactly one week after my birthday. Therefore, this will have to be considered my birthday gig. It will be a celebration of Common Ro, Tricia and all things Tricia in a well formulated mixture in which none of the ingredients overpower each other.
WOW, two in a row! Impressive.

If anyone wants to come to Boston for the real birthday (Feb 11), all are welcome!

Love, Peace, & Jerry,
Tricia

Julia
(no login)

December 22 2004, 5:27 PM 

In which case Tricia we could toast to mutual celebrations perhaps !.. mine is exactly 6 days afterwards .. and my birthday treat TO MYSELF **G** ... is Common Rotation at the Bitter End ..I spoil myself rotten! Although I have to fly from London to open my present

watcher652
(no login)

December 22 2004, 5:39 PM 

Julia said
- has anyone tried to order yet - I'm getting error messages through the online store?

Worked ok for me.

Julia
(no login)

December 22 2004, 5:48 PM 

cheers for confirming watcher .. in which case I'll have to order from work tomorrow by the looks of it .. my pc wont play nice at all!

it's a conspiracy .. but it won't work! - I'm coming whether you want me to or not heehee !

Regan
(no login)

December 23 2004, 12:53 AM 

Hah..Tricia. I remember the LAST Common Rotation birthday. My head STILL hurts from than hangover. Can't wait to see ya again though.

(Login CRoFan28)

December 23 2004, 1:06 AM 

Hmmm... to go or not to go? ponders

Ahh LAST February... good times.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
The Union Maid
*boop*

(Login CRoFan28)

December 23 2004, 1:09 AM 

Oh hey Tricia, my birthday is the 9th! Rock on dude. I had Sponge Bob hats at my birthday last year lol. Wasn't my doing though... I assure you.

The Union Maid
*boop*

(Login korearian)

December 23 2004, 1:46 AM 

And you loved those Spongebob hats, Stef. Admit it.

-- -- -- --
THE OOMPA LOOMPAS AREN'T SCARY LEAVE IT TO THE SONG AND JOHNNY DEPP and the oompa loompas. in all seriousness can be thought of as midget mexican wrestlers

(Login CRoFan28)

December 23 2004, 2:31 AM 

Because that's what every 21 year old wants... Sponge Bob party hats to make her feel all growed up! :D

The Union Maid
*boop*

(Login Jules_Jay)

December 23 2004, 4:22 AM 

Yay! - Eventually got my ticket - will now maintain state of hyper excitedness until the day My third trip to America ever - but for the best of reasons.

watcher652 ... if you read this, would you mind emailing me .. I want to speak with you!

.. but please don't be scared - I'm quite harmless

Regan
(no login)

December 23 2004, 3:11 PM 

Stef- You know you loved those Spongebob hats! Although, I don't know why you're so worried...there aren't any pics of you in them..but seem to be quite a few of me in the stupid hats...

(Login CRoFan28)

December 23 2004, 6:42 PM 

Oh I'm not worried... just amused.

The Union Maid
*boop*

(no login)

a flyer

December 27 2004, 9:10 PM 

This is by no means official (and I suck at making these), but I live in PA and wanted to start promoting the show...so if anyone else wants to use the flyer I made for The Point, you can find it here:

(no login)

December 28 2004, 12:11 AM 

I'm not too good at these, but here's the one I made for the Bitter End show, in case anyone wants to use it before someone else makes "official" ones...

(Login CRoFan28)

December 30 2004, 12:01 AM 

I guess that would be my job...

The Union Maid
*boop*

Regan
(no login)

December 30 2004, 1:19 AM 

I don't know that it's anyone's specific job, lol...but I wanted something I could use myself, especially in Philly..and I did them for me. But then I figured someone else might like to use them for whatever reason.

Crog
(no login)

Holly

December 30 2004, 9:34 AM 

Holly now makes the official flyers for the gigs. She puts them on her website for people to download.

Anonymous
(Login Unknown_Poster)

December 30 2004, 9:48 AM 

Can you post the link to Holly's website? I'd love to check out the flyers.

Jo Ann
(no login)

December 30 2004, 10:04 AM 

Flyer making sure isn't easy. You have to be all artistic and stuff!

I'm just saying.

Peace Love and Cheese

Jo Ann
(no login)

December 30 2004, 10:10 AM 

BTW, Holly's CoRo Site

Peace Love and Cheese

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2004, 2:03 PM 

I don't think it really matters if they're official or not. Flyers are flyers and people will use whatever. It's promoting the show that matters, not who is the one making the flyers. I love everyone's flyers.

Briel
(no login)

December 30 2004, 2:43 PM 

That's what I was thinking Anon. There have been times in the past where the "unofficial" flyers or posters were better, in my opinion, than the "official". It doesn't really matter as long as the shows are getting promoted and promoted well.

Regan
(no login)

December 30 2004, 5:50 PM 

Agreed. I've used both Stef's and Holly's in the past. This time, I thought I'd ease my boredom and make some of my own.

(Login CRoFan28)

December 30 2004, 9:07 PM 

Those are great Regan!

Everyone makes flyers now. And why not? It's all in the spirit of promoting da band. :D

The Union Maid
*boop*

Regan
(no login)

December 30 2004, 10:11 PM 

Agreed, Stef. I love all the ones you do....I just wanted some and there were none around yet, so I made my own. They suck, I don't have Photoshop or anything...but I make do with what I have, lol.

Regan
(no login)

December 30 2004, 10:23 PM 

Stef~ Those are awesome! But you forgot one...

Kat Eyz
(no login)

December 31 2004, 1:40 AM 

Now that's a concert I'll start promoting right away, hahahahahahahaha.

watcher652
(no login)

December 31 2004, 2:14 AM 

Regan, if you aren't using photoshop, what are you using? And what's that font?

Regan
(no login)

December 31 2004, 2:27 AM 

I'm using some photo editing software I got with my printer/scanner. It's total crap..I'm not using a font. I just copy/pasted the CR logo.

Regan
(no login)

December 31 2004, 2:29 AM 

Hey Stef- the only thing I don't like about your Bitter End flyer is it's really hard to read the band name on it. Unless you KNOW who the band, in which case you're probably already going to the show, it's a little hard to make out. Otherwise, those look awesome!

watcher652
(no login)

December 31 2004, 2:08 PM 

Regan said It's total crap..I'm not using a font. I just copy/pasted the CR logo.
No, I meant what font did you use to put in the date and venue? Looks good.

(Login CRoFan28)

December 31 2004, 6:11 PM 

Regan - our "band" photo! Too funny! If Anna and I come out in Feb. we can do... what is it, our 4th reunion tour now? :D

And ya I guess that's true about the BE flyer. If you tell people the name when they're given a flyer, they should be able to remember I'm sure. If not, they'll certainly know it after they see the gig.

The Union Maid
*boop*

(Login CRoFan28)

December 31 2004, 6:12 PM 

Oh btw, if you've downloaded the Point flyer yesterday, you may need to snag it again. I had to update it with a new time. The gig is at 10:00 now instead of 7:00.

The Union Maid
*boop*

watcher652
(no login)

December 31 2004, 7:07 PM 

10pm? That's kinda late for The Point. Don't they usually plays at 9pm when they're the main band? Maybe because it's Saturday. I guess I've just seen them play The Point on weekdays.

Julia
(no login)

January 3 2005, 6:20 PM 

ooh nice

Stef -- you get to be a pop up flyer

Anonymous
(no login)

January 4 2005, 2:58 PM 

I can't wait to see the rest of the east coast dates. *hint,hint*

Julia
(no login)

January 5 2005, 7:15 AM 

Quick question for the well informed ... when you buy tickets for the UK you are told there is no mailing of an actual ticket .. which I am aware of.

But is it the same for The Bitter End? are tickets despatched .. or is it a tick-you-off-the-list-at-the-door thing there too?

Thankee!

**bounces** having booked the plane tickets at last!

Briel
(no login)

January 5 2005, 11:21 AM 

Yes, at The Bitter End they put you on the list at the door when you buy a ticket. You don't get one sent to you.

Jo Ann
(no login)

January 5 2005, 11:40 AM 

I can't wait to see the rest of the east coast dates. *hint,hint*

I'll jump on the hinting bandwagon! They should play Valentine's Day again this year. For all us painfully single fans. Well, I'm speaking for me really. It lands on a Monday this year, so they could do it Sat. or Sun. before. Or, I could just skip school that day and bask in the love that is Common Rotation.

If I knew how to make those little hearts, I would.

Peace Love and Cheese

Julia
(no login)

January 5 2005, 12:24 PM 

thanks for the answer Briel .. excellent

and ♥ they ♥ ARE ♥ adorable ♥ aren't ♥ they ♥ Jo ♥ Ann?

It was driving me mad on how to make them too .. until I did a view>page source **hint** and discovered the secret!

Briel
(no login)

January 5 2005, 12:45 PM 

Hehe. I love the ♥ But if you preview your message and then go back to edit, it changes to something weird so you have to make sure you fix it before you post. Just a tip.

(Login korearian)

January 5 2005, 4:00 PM 

Or, I could just skip school that day and bask in the love that is Common Rotation.

Ha. That's what I tried doing last year around that time Jo Ann to no avail. The one semester I decided to attend every single class. Then it all went downhill this past semester.

-- -- -- --
http://www.livejournal.com/users/normajeane/

Jo Ann
(no login)

January 5 2005, 6:21 PM 

Sadly, I'm somewhat of a conscientious student myself. But in checking my academic calendar for this upcoming semester, I noticed that my Spring Break coincided with the Common Rotation UK tour. For a brief moment, I considered going.

Then I remembered, I'm cheap.

Peace Love and Cheese

(Login CRoFan28)

January 6 2005, 1:48 AM 

Julia - I do the pop-ups for CR.com, as a rule... I just haven't had as much time as I used to to make them. That's why it's nice that others are making them now... it's a lot of gigs for one person to cover.

The Union Maid
*boop*

Julia
(no login)

January 6 2005, 3:37 AM 

Julia - I do the pop-ups for CR.com, as a rule... I just haven't had as much time as I used to to make them. That's why it's nice that others are making them now... it's a lot of gigs for one person to cover.

excellent Stef! - In my short time as forum regular tis the very first I've seen one .. but I'm easily excited! ahem.

(Login CRoFan28)

January 6 2005, 9:43 AM 

I don't really know how well my flyers print, to be quite honest though. I've never actually printed any myself. Shameful.

The Union Maid
*boop*

Becky
(no login)

January 6 2005, 9:00 PM 

Umm, hi, this is my first time posting in this forum. I became a ComRo fan about over a half a year ago, so I'm so excited that there's going to be a concert I can go to.

I really want to go to the concert in Bryn Mawr, but I was wondering a few things. Is the concert at 7 or 10? I seem to remember reading that its now at 10. I'm all confused. Also, the website for The Point doesn't list ComRo at all. Are tickets just bought at the door or internet?

Thanks so much. I cannot wait to see them.

watcher652
(no login)

January 6 2005, 9:40 PM 

Hi, Becky, welcome to the message board.

Is the concert at 7 or 10? I seem to remember reading that its now at 10. I'm all confused.
Also, the website for The Point doesn't list ComRo at all.

I called The Point and CR not officially confirmed yet so they aren't listed on The Point's website. However, CR is in "the book" co-billed with another act. So I guess Stef knows that CR will be appearing later.

I like coming in early to hear the other acts. The music is always good. The food is, too.

As soon as they are confirmed and you can buy tickets, you can be sure someone will alert the board.

Are tickets just bought at the door or internet?

You can buy them over the internet or at the door. Best to buy your ticket ahead of time to be sure you can get in. The Point's capacity is only about 125 people. I live near The Point so I just go in ahead of time and by my ticket there.

CR is wonderful live. You're going to have a great time.

(no login)

January 6 2005, 10:43 PM 

Matt said the show was at 10

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2005, 7:28 PM 

Thanks. I really am so excited. Yeah, I saw them for the first time at the Moonlight Rising convention in June 2004, and I fell in love. Now I own seven of the cds and a t-shirt.

Becky
(no login)

January 7 2005, 11:47 PM 

Sorry, I accidently made the last post annon.

Becky
(no login)

January 7 2005, 11:47 PM 

Sorry, I accidently made the last post annon.

Jo Ann
(no login)

January 17 2005, 10:56 AM 

Living room show posted up for Thursday the 17th.

Peace Love and Cheese

watcher652
(no login)

January 17 2005, 11:46 AM 

Ah, bummer. It's in MA. Wrong direction for me. I have to take the Friday off for NYC as it is.

How about an LR for Sunday?

Sue Smith
(no login)

January 17 2005, 5:34 PM 

Yes, they really did make that other band at MR look bad by comparison didn't they? <g>

Becky
(no login)

January 17 2005, 10:22 PM 

Ghost of the Robot wasn't that bad. They were having fun. And James Marsters was hot.

Of course everyone is now probably going to kill me for liking someone other than CR people.

watcher652
(no login)

January 17 2005, 11:25 PM 

Ghost wasn't my kind of music, but I've heard James singing solo with an acoustic guitar and that was very nice.

Jo Ann
(no login)

January 18 2005, 12:33 AM 

Well, I certainly wouldn't hate people for liking musicians/bands other than Common Rotation. However, I would question anyone's musical tastes if they actually liked that particular GotR performance at MR2004. Even one of my closest friends, who had traveled from Split Rock to Long Island to watch GotR play twice then drive back that same evening, apologized to me for making me sit through that performance. But this isn't about GotR-bashing. I think MR2004 was the perfect example of how Adam, Eric and Jordan are able to win over people with only one performance. People who had initially attended the concert for another band but went away with much praises of Common Rotation and handfuls of their CDs.

Peace Love and Cheese

Kat Eyz
(no login)

January 18 2005, 1:07 AM 

It was actually at a GOTR gig that I first heard a Common Rotation CD--thanks Lisa. I became an instant fan. Seeing them live in London in June 2003 sealed the deal for me. Had it not been for GOTR, I never would have found out about Adam, Eric, and Common Rotation. So, I have to thank them for that.

I've never seen an episode of BTVS. I've always been a follower of small bands and I still go to many shows for local talent here in Colorado such as The Atoll and Diana Castro and The Big Time which I've followed for years. In fact, I just realized that I've been following bands that I like for 17 years (holy crap!). There is nothing more powerful than music that touches your soul. How many memories do we each have that are tied to a song? Adam and Eric definitely have a way making music that will stick with you and make you feel.

As I said to someone that shall remain nameless here....

"I'll always be travelling to see the band. And now that band is Common Rotation."

So, with that said, I bought my plane ticket yesterday for the east coast gigs next month.

Sue Smith
(no login)

January 18 2005, 3:42 AM 

I'm sorry I made such an inflammatory statement. I didn't mean to belittle James (of whom I am a HUGE fan) or GOTR. I have all their CDs - but THAT night I felt they were hugely overshadowed by CoRo.

CoRo came out, played a good tight set, left the audience hungry for more. If I hadn't already been a fan, I would have been after that gig.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 18 2005, 2:15 PM 

No problem to say that here...fact is that GotR was and always will be overshadowed by Common Rotation because CoRo has genuine talent...

To quote a couple of favorite ad lib lyrics in the immortal words of Adam Busch... "I'm surprised you can hear me through that bleach blond hair..." and "Sometime ya can't help it when the band breaks up..." and I thought that those were pretty generous... :p

Regan
(no login)

January 19 2005, 2:34 AM 

I don't feel the need to compare the two, because there IS no comparison. I guess the only reason people do it is because both bands have a guy in them that was on Buffy and they've both played some of the same places. But I have never been a GOTR fan. I'm not a James fan either, but that has nothing to do with GOTR....their music and lyrics just did nothing for me. I've actually seen them 3 times at conventions and once outside of the cons, with some friends who were already going. I did happen to be at that 2004 MR performance, though, and have to say that was the worst I've ever seen them. In the past, I never had to leave the room during a show...I did at MR. But Sue, you didn't offend me.

(Login CRoFan28)

January 19 2005, 3:39 AM 

I don't feel the need to compare the two, because there IS no comparison. I guess the only reason people do it is because both bands have a guy in them that was on Buffy and they've both played some of the same places.

Totally. I like James a lot... but I'm a fan of James the actor, not so much James the musician (or GotR). I've heard his solo gigs were much more entertaining anyhow. And I'm not bashing GotR here, but I think the main thing problem with them was that all their fans were James fans. I mean I'd say 90% atleast only liked the band because James was in it... and unfortunately that would probably never change much. They lacked the ability to make their own fans based soley on their music and performances.

CR on the other hand... you may walk into a concert a Buffy fan, but you leave a Common Rotation fan. It's a beautiful thing.

The Union Maid
*boop*

Joanna
(no login)

January 19 2005, 5:17 AM 

hear hear...i like James but not GOTR, and it is pretty redundant to compare the two bands. Sue, you certainly didn't offend me, i think most people on this board would agree with you.

Briel
(no login)

January 19 2005, 12:43 PM 

It is possible that she goes to cons because some of her very best friends are Buffy fans and they go to them and she likes spending time with them. Along the way I'm sure she's met some of the actors and become familiar with their names and such. Just a theory... :-P

(no login)

January 19 2005, 4:46 PM 

I like/liked GotR but like many here have said, their performance at MR'04 was disappointing. It was my first time seeing them live but I have been to enough shows to know what's good and what isn't.

MR was also my first exposure to CR and I loved them. Not my typical type of music, but then again, I like just about anything...

Too bad they're not playing MR this year. Christian Kane's band Kane is, and Megan and country don't mix well

-Meg

Bottom CoRoHo
(no login)

Becky, since you're new

January 19 2005, 5:39 PM 

It's not ComRo, it's CoRo or CR or Common Ro or those fucking folks or any but ComRo.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 19 2005, 7:43 PM 

It's only Common Rotation. Anything else is slang, shorthand, nickname, slander.

Jo Ann
(no login)

January 20 2005, 12:18 AM 

Personally, I call them "those fucking folks". Or sometimes I mix it up and call them "those folking fucks". And on the odd occasion I am financially unable to attend a gig, I'll say, "fuck those folks! I'm going to stay home and watch a movie!"

Peace Love and ComRo

Sue Smith
(no login)

January 20 2005, 2:21 AM 

LOL at "those folking fucks"

That's all.

jayden
(no login)

January 20 2005, 3:01 AM 

i didn't know there was a rule against calling them ComRo. i think i want to adopt "those folking fucks" anyway as my new name for them if Jo Ann doesn't mind.

Kat Eyz
(no login)

January 20 2005, 10:34 AM 

"those folking fucks"

I should really learn not to come home from work tired, get a cup of coffee and start reading this board, hahahahahaha.

watcher652
(no login)

January 20 2005, 12:11 PM 

I never understood CoRo except for the rhyming sound of it. The Co in CoRo is not the same sound of Co in Common. ComRo is the first syllable of the two words and at least sounds right. The ComRo Combo, heh.

But, I just go with the flow. I usually just use CR if not the whole band name since we all know who we're talking about here.

jayden
(no login)

January 20 2005, 12:38 PM 

that's sort of bothered me about the use of CoRo too, watcher, yet i use it anyway. i'm way too lazy to throw an "m" in there. and, of course, CR when i'm even lazier. i never actually say either. that would just be weird, i guess.

Karen
(no login)

January 20 2005, 8:24 PM 

I'm referring to them as "C" from now on. NOW THERE'S YA SHORTHAND!

so hey, how 'bout them Eagles?

Sue Smith
(no login)

January 21 2005, 5:12 AM 

American ones are Bald. :D

(Login korearian)

January 21 2005, 10:52 AM 

ha! cheeky.

Jo Ann
(no login)

January 21 2005, 12:39 PM 

I was actually thinking about The Eagles going on tour this spring. The tickets for MSG are pricey!

Peace Love and Cheese

(Login korearian)

January 21 2005, 4:19 PM 

If that group can win a Superbowl I'll get behind them!

-- -- -- --
Who the f*ck does this Strasberg guy think he is? - Edward Albee

Regan
(no login)

January 23 2005, 7:49 AM 

Even though I am sick as a dog, I'm gonna throw in an E-A-G-L-E-S for good measure...

Regan
(no login)

January 24 2005, 7:46 AM 

Just coming to gloat out NFC Championship win...and to say I just bought my ticket for the Point gig!

k
(no login)

January 24 2005, 12:21 PM 

Sadly to say- I dont think the Eagles have a chance agains the Patriots.....Brady is a more superior quarterback than Mcnabb- that whole division wasnt that good this year- its going to be tough for them next week.

(Login korearian)

January 24 2005, 2:14 PM 

As my brother told me over a month ago, "The Eagles are good enough to get to the Superbowl, they're just not good enough to win the Superbowl." And along having a friend from Mass who's a Pats fan I can see how that's possible but hey, I love my Eagles and I'm still believing they have a chance.

Julia
(no login)

January 24 2005, 2:47 PM 

Is that a new update for the 18th .. or was I just not paying attention? - Corn Mo now on the menu?

Karen
(no login)

January 24 2005, 3:10 PM 

ohh snap. good eye, julia. that looks to be an update.

Regan
(no login)

January 25 2005, 10:10 AM 

"Brady is a more superior quarterback than Mcnabb"

K? Whoever you are...I don't think that is something you want to start here, because I can debate the superiority of McNabb over Brady until the end of time. The "Pats" may have had the tougher division, but I think they're taking the Eagles for granted and are in for a rude awakening. It's OUR time.

Regan
(no login)

January 25 2005, 10:14 AM 

Back to the topic at hand, it's really nice to see Corn Mo added to the BE show. His music really isn't my thing, but he's a real nice guy.

watcher652
(no login)

January 25 2005, 11:17 AM 

Oh, good, maybe this time I won't be late and actually get to hear the guy sing!

(Login JinnieJ)

CR at The Point on 2/19

January 25 2005, 4:21 PM 

I see that both Common Rotation and Griffin House are playing on the same show at the Point on Feb 19. Common Rotation is listed to go first- does that mean they're covering for this other band? I was hoping CR would be the only one playing all night...

k
(no login)

January 26 2005, 12:28 PM 

oh regan- foolish girl.... just kidding. Well of course you will say Mcnabb is better- you're a Philly fan.....Brady was the youngest quarterback to win a Superbowl not to mention he's done it twice so far. Sorry- think the Pats have the upper hand-

Regan
(no login)

January 26 2005, 2:00 PM 

I LIKE Tom Brady, believe me. If there's one team I have no grudge against, it's the Patriots. I've always thought McNabb was better, though. He's more versatile.

Karen
(no login)

January 26 2005, 2:13 PM 

The Pats ALWAYS have the upper hand. It doesn't mean they will automatically win.

Heather
(no login)

January 26 2005, 2:25 PM 

F the Patriots.

Regan
(no login)

January 27 2005, 8:53 AM 

Haha. How did this turn into a football thread?

naggz
(no login)

Howdy Everyone

January 27 2005, 2:19 PM 

It's been a while, as my MIA status has only increased. But I must say I'm pumped for the Bitter End show. Should be a blast. My friend Karen from Maine may actually come down for the show (she unfortunately missed the Living Room show in Maine last year) so I've even got her pumped. And of course Jamie's pumped. Too bad we can't bring our cat Jack to the show. Ah well, while the cats home the parents will party.

peace and love,
naggz

Karen
(no login)

January 27 2005, 8:32 PM 

it was my doing, first mentioning the eagles :D

Kat Eyz
(no login)

January 27 2005, 11:08 PM 

I think I have my brother convinced to take the train up from D.C. to meet us for the BE gig. I've played him the CD's and he's been interested in catching a show, but I think when I played Savior--Rosa Parks on my I-pod for him, he now really wants to see them live.

Here's hoping that my brother can get the night off work to come join us for the gig.

Julia
(no login)

January 28 2005, 3:12 AM 

Some peeps are working hard on the 19th Feb? the last paragraph on here suggests.

Karen
(no login)

January 28 2005, 10:38 AM 

Woweee. So that's probably why the Point gig is at 10pm. Very busy, indeed.

watcher652
(no login)

January 28 2005, 12:09 PM 

Damn, open only to the Swarthmore community. That's the second time the band has played at Swarthmore and I wasn't allowed to attend. I live really near Swarthmore, too. Sigh... It would have been really cool to hear TMBG.

Jayden
(no login)

January 28 2005, 12:28 PM 

What is this nonsense of it only being opened to Swarthmore students and faculty? I could've been able to see TMBG. How cruel.

Is that for sure that CR is opening? Since there hasn't been a mention on the site. Unless there has been a mention and I just overlooked it.

watcher652
(no login)

January 28 2005, 12:32 PM 

It says CR is opening for TMBG in the very last line of the article linked above.

Jayden
(no login)

January 28 2005, 12:35 PM 

Yeah, I read that, thanks. I meant it hasn't been mentioned on this site anywhere.

Julia
(no login)

January 28 2005, 1:42 PM 

maybe not been mentioned because it's a restricted audience .. no point rubbing it in!

but like KAREN sagely noted ... I read you Karen! ...probably the reason for the late Point start.

watcher652
(no login)

January 28 2005, 1:45 PM 

Yeah, please don't rub it in. And I even take walks at Swarthmore. Gah!

Jo Ann
(no login)

January 28 2005, 2:43 PM 

Stand outside the auditorium during your walk. I'm sure you'll still hear them.

Anyway, you're going to The Point afterwards, what are you complaining about?

Peace Love and Cheese

Julia
(no login)

January 28 2005, 2:59 PM 

Absolutely! There's plenty to be happy about that week/end ....and I'm delirious with only one date in my diary!

speaking of which - what time should one roll up to The Bitter End folks .. for a shot at a good table? .. care to share your infinite inside knowledge and expertise on the subject with a BE virgin?

Jayden
(no login)

January 28 2005, 3:05 PM 

That was a very good point, Julia. I feel quick.

Although there's a chance I will be going to the Point show, I'd like to be able to see TMBG someday. They're another one of my favorite bands. That walk around the building and listen from the outside idea is almost tempting. Or, you know, I'll just bring TMBG CD's on the trip and pretend.

(no login)

January 28 2005, 3:06 PM 

Love ya, Julia <3

Seriously, there's enough dates that weekend that a person can easily get their CoRo fix. If not, then there's no hope for you.

I always get to the BE around 5:30 since that's when my train comes in but since it'll be February and most likely COLD, I'd say get in line around the 6ish hour, unless you feel like being crazy.

The last time they played at the BE it was raining, cold and miserable and there were just a few people in line for a good amount of time. I think more people showed up around that 6ish-6:30ish time.

Julia
(Login Jules_Jay)

January 28 2005, 3:20 PM 

Heee Thanks Karen!!

wow - I'm glad I asked ..6 it is then. Come freezing rain, snow whatever - see you shivering there (whether I can persuade my friends to join me is another matter!) But I booked my trip specifically because of this show and I can't fly all that way and stand at the back now can I? Crazy I may be - but not stupid.

counting down 3 weeks

watcher652
(no login)

January 28 2005, 4:19 PM 

Jo Ann said:
Anyway, you're going to The Point afterwards, what are you complaining about?

I'm complaining that I won't get to hear TMBG. I've never heard them live. Of course, I'm also complaining that I won't get to hear CR twice in one day. Greedy, yeah, that's me.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 28 2005, 4:57 PM 

Well chances are even if you could see the Swathmore College show, there would not be enough time to see both CoRo sets and the Giants set as the Giants will probably be playing at the same time CoRo is on at the Point.

Becky
(no login)

January 28 2005, 9:13 PM 

Hi again. I just have a question in regards to The Point/Common Rotation. What's the policy regarding cameras and/or video taping. From what I've heard and read, Common Rotation is pretty cool about that, but I'm not sure if The Point has a certain policy.

Thanks.

Matt
(no login)

January 28 2005, 9:26 PM 

We are OK with photography as long as you do NOT use a flash please. No videotaping however. We plan on videotaping The Point as well as all of the East Coast shows that weekend as part of our Living Room Tour Documentary so again we urge everyone who brings a camera to please NOT use a flash as it does it does affect the quality of video we are able to get. Thanks.

Julia
(no login)

February 9 2005, 2:12 PM 

Another addition to the Bitter End line up .. Mike Rocket and The Stars

More the merrier .. so long as it doesn't shorten the main set of course!! pleasepleaseplease - wouldn't would it? hmm?

Julia
(no login)

February 9 2005, 2:38 PM 

aha ... now I see Common Rotation at 8 ..Mike Rocket at 9.30 .. all clear - well kind of .. so you buy the second ticket or have to leave? Excuse silly questions from someone who knows not the venue drill

(Login Briel)

February 9 2005, 3:16 PM 

You can see all the acts for the one ticket price I'm sure. That's how it usually is.

Julia
(no login)

February 9 2005, 3:41 PM 

Yep I think I figured that now! Thanks!! .. You have to make allowances for the feeble mind lol .. plus - being British - getting more for no extra cost is very confusing.. I'm not used to that !!

Regan
(no login)

February 13 2005, 12:07 AM 

I may not make it to these shows afterall, so have fun, whoever goes!

Current Topic - east coast gigs  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.