REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  

A "Common" memory-- NCC Folk Festival '97

January 1 2005 at 4:12 PM
  (no login)

One old Common Rotation/28 Orange Street show I remember was at the Folk Festival at Nassau Community College in 1997. Richie Havens was the headliner that night, and the boys did a mini set at the beginning of the show, and played two numbers. I can't recall which tunes they were possibly SIMPLE and DID A VERSE END, but I could be wrong. I remember Adam playing some acoustic guitar and harmonica a la Dylan, and it was a fine but short set.

I believe I got a recording of the set on tape, but I've lost many of my cassettes since I moved on to CDs like everybody else.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rachel
(no login)

Re: A "Common" memory-- NCC Folk Festival '97

January 1 2005, 4:52 PM 

It's so great to have some of the older CR fans come by and post about shows that the boys were doing long before many of us had even heard of them, so thaks cryptical17 and keep bringing on the storys of the early days, I for one am really enjoying them.

Sue Smith
(no login)

January 1 2005, 5:15 PM 

Adam plays guitar?

(no login)

January 1 2005, 6:47 PM 

a man of many talents. y'know, there is a picture of adam with acoustic guitar in hand floating around somewhere. i can't remember where i saw it but i'm sure somebody around here either has it or knows where it's at.

watcher652
(no login)

January 1 2005, 8:39 PM 

He plays guitar? On adam-busch.net it says he plays harmonica, alto sax, piano, drums. Cool if he plays guitar also. Or maybe he just messes around with the guitar so he doesn't think that's playing like the other instruments?

watcher652
(no login)

January 1 2005, 8:57 PM 

Oops. In the stats section it says he plays the above instruments, but in the biography section it adds the guitar.

(Login Briel)

January 2 2005, 12:03 AM 

I took the pic of Adam with the guitar (unless there's another somewhere. ) Acoutsic Adam. I remember Eric had left the stage for a second for some reason and Adam picked up his guitar and tried strumming it a bit but I don't recall him playing any actual song or anything.

P.S. I hate Yahoo Photos but I haven't had the chance to transfer all my pics over to Photobucket yet. :-P

Current Topic - A "Common" memory-- NCC Folk Festival '97  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.