REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  

Live @ The Bitter End Volume 2

January 5 2005 at 12:47 PM
Briel  (no login)

On sale now, only online! I just bought mine.

http://bamart.com/COMMONROTATION

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jo Ann
(no login)

Re: Live @ The Bitter End Volume 2

January 5 2005, 1:25 PM 

Woah! Hey! This is a surprise. Cool!

Peace ¢¾ and Cheese

Briel
(no login)

January 5 2005, 1:45 PM 

Aww Jo Ann you tried to do the ♥! I think you previewed your post first though because for some reason that messes it up so you end up with this: ¢¾. You have to go back and edit it back to the heart thing.

Julia
(no login)

January 5 2005, 2:19 PM 

Wow - that's a treat!!!

Thanks guys.

I just zoomed up the graphic to check the tracks .. from the setlist all are present except More Complex and Sit Down

.. and what began as UM "Good Morning" ..listed as "Day" - is actually called

Day For a Day

**scurries off to order**

Briel
(no login)

January 5 2005, 2:26 PM 

I Love "Day for a Day"!

I'm glad they kept almost all the songs. I hate it when they exclude them.

Jo Ann
(no login)

January 5 2005, 2:37 PM 

Um, I meant to do that! That's how much I'm willing to spend on the new CD, three quarters of a cent!

Peace ♥ and Cheese

watcher652
(no login)

January 5 2005, 3:43 PM 

Ah, cool! I'm glad I'll have this memento of a wonderful evening spent at The Bitter End. I was hoping they would do one for this gig since at the time there was only the one Bitter End album vs the 3 for the Hotel Cafe.

(Login korearian)

January 5 2005, 4:00 PM 

sweet wounded jesus this just made my day

-- -- -- --
http://www.livejournal.com/users/normajeane/

Kat Eyz
(no login)

January 5 2005, 4:20 PM 

Lol Karen!

I too was really hoping to see this show on CD. I think I'll just try and wait until the shows next month to pick one up (assuming I can wait that long, haha). I don't want to make them mail me something I can get in person, lol.

watcher652
(no login)

January 5 2005, 4:24 PM 

Yeah, I thought about that, but I can't wait. Even if they did download a lot of the songs as UMs. They just better have Near Miss on the CD or I will be very miffed!

Briel
(no login)

January 5 2005, 4:25 PM 

Deb~ In the email I got it said the cd would only be available online.

"Common Rotation is celebrating the new year with a new
Live CD release, "Live @ The Bitter End Volume 2" was
recorded November 12, 2004 and will ONLY be available
through mail order at this link:

http://bamart.com/COMMONROTATION"

Anonymous
(no login)

January 5 2005, 4:27 PM 

They just better have Near Miss on the CD or I will be very miffed!

track 9 watcher = big smilies from all!

Kat Eyz
(no login)

January 5 2005, 5:10 PM 

Holy not read much Batman! Thanks Briel for that, I guess that I should actually read things before deciding, lol. I'll be getting it online then.

Amanda Keiser
(no login)

January 5 2005, 5:36 PM 

Gawd bless these wonderful musicians... for days I have been crying about not being able to see them in NY or in London <fingers crossed for Hollywood>, and now I have a new Live disc to put on and pretend that I'm watching them on stage (hmmm, I should speak to my therapist about that). Anyway, I'm doing the Happy Dance at work, and I don't care who knows it. Thanks for bringing this to attention!

Jo Ann
(no login)

January 5 2005, 6:16 PM 

I wonder why it's only mail order. All those times Jordan forgot to lift with his legs and not with his back? Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy my Bitter End tickets while I'm at it.

Peace Love and Cheese

Sue Smith
(no login)

January 5 2005, 7:05 PM 

Yay Yay YAY!!!! I LOVE this band!

watcher652
(no login)

January 5 2005, 7:05 PM 

I said: They just better have Near Miss on the CD or I will be very miffed!

And Anonymous responded: track 9 watcher = big smilies from all!

Hooray! I was trying to read the cd pic but I couldn't see what it said. I'm really looking forward to reliving the show.

I'm going to listen to all my UM versions of Near Miss now...

coro.de
(no login)

January 5 2005, 7:47 PM 

we just wanted to let you know that we will take the audiofiles (captured from webcast) offline by the end of this week

briel
(no login)

January 5 2005, 8:02 PM 

There were audio files captured from the webcast? I didn't know that. lol

Jo Ann
(no login)

January 5 2005, 8:47 PM 

Peace Love and Cheese

watcher652
(no login)

January 5 2005, 8:59 PM 

Back on the Bitter End NYC Nov 12 thread, I begged:

Please, please, please make this a Live cd! We need another Bitter End cd to balance out the 3 Hotel Cafes. And can you include Near Miss, Given Signs, the slower Oklahoma and Lesson Learned? Please?

First, I was bouncing up and down because we DO have a Bitter End cd. Then Anonymous made my day by informing me that Near Miss is on it. Now I'd like to know if my other requests made it. I know I could wait, but I'm anxious to know and I figure there's no harm in asking.

It would be really nice to hear Lesson Learned. The noise level at The Bitter End was a bit much for such an introspective song, at least from where I was standing. Well, frankly, I had to surpress the urge to yell "Be quiet, will you?" because that would have ruined the moment.

watcher652
(no login)

January 5 2005, 9:01 PM 

Oops, I was typing up my post and Jo Ann put up the cd graphic while I wan't looking. Thanks! And, yay, all my songs are on it!

watcher652
(no login)

January 5 2005, 9:08 PM 

It looks like they only dropped 2 songs from the show, More Complex and Sit Down. Mmm, can't wait to get it!

(Login Briel)

January 5 2005, 10:11 PM 

It looks like they only dropped 2 songs from the show, More Complex and Sit Down.

That's what Julia pointed out earlier in the thread...

I just zoomed up the graphic to check the tracks .. from the setlist all are present except More Complex and Sit Down

watcher652
(no login)

January 5 2005, 11:56 PM 

A little song title history:

Jo Ann Re: Union Maid Clocking in Massive Overtime October 12 2004, 7:42 PM
Walk Through The Park?

Julia Re: The Union Maid Thread
03Nov Walk Through The Park* (295 kb)
as UM 12Oct

watcher652 Re: Living Room Show - U of DE - Nov 10 November 11 2004, 3:34 AM
Has photo of the set list which lists “G’ Morn” when the band sang “Walk Through the Park”

Briel Re: The Point / 11-11-2004 / Bryn Mawr, PA
Posts set list with “Day” listed when they sang what was written as “G’ Morn” on the DE set list.

Briel Re: Bitter End NYC Nov 12
Posts set list with “Day” listed

watcher652 Re: Ithaca - Nov 13
Has photo of the set list which lists “Day”

Julia Re: Live @ The Bitter End Volume 2 January 5 2005, 2:19 PM
.. and what began as UM "Good Morning" ..listed as "Day" - is actually called

Day For a Day

(Login CRoFan28)

January 6 2005, 1:50 AM 

"Complex" and "Sit Down" had to be cut for lengthiness. It was kind of a last minute alteration I think.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
The Union Maid
*boop*

watcher652
(no login)

January 6 2005, 2:34 AM 

Stef said:
"Complex" and "Sit Down" had to be cut for lengthiness. It was kind of a last minute alteration I think.

If they put them up as UMs, then we can have the whole show. Just a thought.

I'm all excited about having so much of it, though. It's a wonderful belated Pick Your Personal Holiday present.

Regan
(no login)

January 6 2005, 4:32 AM 

Complex is kinda my favorite song, so I'm bummed that was the one to get cut. But it's cool..I'll take what I can get, and this cd was a nice surprise.

Sue Smith
(no login)

January 6 2005, 6:39 AM 

Sit Down is my favourite after Belfast/Party People. I too would love it if those two were made available as UMs. Just to complete the set. *hint, hint*

Julia
(no login)

January 6 2005, 6:57 AM 

Perhaps core.de can keep just those two tracks up in the audio files?

I love this CD already! - especially having Lesson Learned, Near Miss AND Day for a Day all

We are spoiled rotten - and I like it that way.

Too bad mine will probably arrive when I'm on an overseas working trip though .. ah well. - and I'm getting two because I only lately realised - doh! - that because of the international shipping fees - it's only an extra $5 every time to make the world a better place and share the goodness with a friend.

(no login)

January 6 2005, 9:24 AM 

*Perhaps core.de can keep just those two tracks up in the audio files?*

Sure I read about this live CD around 2 this morning and the only thing I could think of was "okay official CD... hmm.. wouldn't be nice to keep the files online.. okay, I take 'em offline"

No problem about the other two.

Julia
(no login)

January 6 2005, 9:39 AM 

awww thanks Jess

and .. "okay official CD... hmm.. wouldn't be nice to keep the files online.. okay, I take 'em offline"

... absolutely! totally the correct policy

watcher652
(no login)

January 7 2005, 3:55 AM 

Oops, too late, already gone... Except for the 2 not on the album. Thanks for leaving those!

Dana
(Login roniabirk)

ah cool

January 7 2005, 10:01 AM 

It's from the show I went to. Hmm, do I remember what it sounded like? Was there anything overwhelmingly that happened that would make me want to buy it? *ponder*

~Dana

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
m y   w e b   s i t e
my livejournal
mike-uhler.com
Union Maid Archive - Union Maid Livejournal
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chicago Marathon?
Done!
My Team in Training Site
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(no login)

January 7 2005, 11:12 AM 

The guys could read a telephonebook and I would buy it!

But beside that "Great leep forwards" and "Afterthoughts" my reason #1 to get this CD !!

Which reminds me that I still have to order HC Vol. 3

watcher652
(no login)

January 7 2005, 11:26 AM 

Jess said The guys could read a telephonebook and I would buy it!

Personally, I'd prefer it if they sang the telephone book. Harmonica and guitar required, with occasional trumpet interludes.

(Login Jess.)

January 7 2005, 11:37 AM 

Personally, I'd prefer it if they sang the telephone book

:D. This reminds of a Trace Adkins song. "634-5789"

--------------------------------------------

Jayden
(no login)

January 7 2005, 2:29 PM 

Funny, it made me think "867-5309". Good ol' Tommy Tutone.

(Login korearian)

January 7 2005, 2:38 PM 

HA! me too. :-[

-- -- -- --
my new baby niece thanks to lavida.org

(Login Jess.)

January 7 2005, 2:47 PM 

*lol*

Common Rotation is presenting you the unofficial telephonebook of "Nowhere City"

Track 1: 867-5309

Track 2: 634-5789

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2005, 6:10 PM 

This show had two different bass players, an unknown keyboardist, drummer and mandolin player. Corn Mo sits in on Oklahoma. It was a sweet show merely because of the set list but these players add a new dimension.

Briel
(no login)

January 7 2005, 6:41 PM 

two different bass players, an unknown keyboardist, drummer and mandolin player.

Well I can plug in two names there: Jarrett Samuel (if I heard correctly that night...that's what I wrote down) on Keyboard and Dave Diamond on Drums.

watcher652
(no login)

January 7 2005, 6:59 PM 

Anonymous said This show had two different bass players, an unknown keyboardist, drummer and mandolin player. Corn Mo sits in on Oklahoma. It was a sweet show merely because of the set list but these players add a new dimension.

The keyboardist was Dave Diamond. Craig Speiser played one of the bass guitars. He's the brother of the sound engineer that evening, Brian Speiser. Jordan played bass guitar that evening, too. I know Adam's brother, Justin, played on one of the songs, but I was late and missed that. I think Justin played the mandolin but I'm not sure.

watcher652
(no login)

January 7 2005, 7:01 PM 

Oops, Briel is correct about the drummer and keyboardist. I was typing my post and didn't see hers.

Where's the edit button so I don't look so stupid?

(Login korearian)

January 7 2005, 7:30 PM 

yup, justin played mandolin

jayden
(no login)

January 7 2005, 7:32 PM 

justin is usually the one on mandolin, so i'm sure it's safe to say that was him on it. i haven't seen him play anything else with them. okay, i've only seen him play with them once, but that's beside the point.

jayden
(no login)

January 7 2005, 7:33 PM 

haha i just had a feeling i'd post at the same time as karen on that one...

Karen
(no login)

January 8 2005, 1:50 AM 

cause we be gellin' yo

watcher652
(no login)

January 9 2005, 3:00 AM 

It's here! Wow, that was quick!

I was late to the show and I missed the first 5 songs. Lucky me, they're all on the CD. Here's Karma Charmeleon. Ah, it sounds so sweet. The keyboard solo in the middle of Savior, mmm, nice! I so love listening to Near Miss. I think I'm addicted to the song.

Hey, I can hear myself on the CD! My shout out for Ithaca before Clear Channel!

I can still picture in my mind Adam messing around during the long interlude in the middle of Party People. He goes up to the mike, then turns away. Back to the mike, then backing away. Eric bending over the side of the stage, looking like he's apologizing for Adam's behavior. Jordan and Eric keep an eye on Adam, to see when he starts to sing again. Hee hee!

So much crowd noise behind Lesson Learned. But I can hear it so much better than I did in person, so that's all good.

Was that me yelling again at the beginning of Oklahoma? I don't remember. If it wasn't, it should have been. Wow, it's over 6 minutes long! I so love the slower Oklahoma. And Jordan's trumpet!

It's great to have this CD to remind me of the lovely memories I have of the show.

Off to listen to the CD again.

(Login grimma_french)

::squee::

January 10 2005, 7:42 AM 

I received my CDs today!

It was posted on the 6th in the US and arrived in France on the 10th. 5 days to cross the Atlantic, that's a record.

Karma Chameleon is on

Mezzer
(no login)

January 10 2005, 2:10 PM 

I ordered mine on the 8th so I'll expect it next Monday. No pressure guys!! Actually I'm always impressed how quick the CD's arrive, so thanks to everyone involved.

Regan
(no login)

January 10 2005, 5:03 PM 

Ordered mine Friday night, got it today. But then again, mine didn't have all that far to go. Listening to it now as I check e-mail. Sounds good!

Briel
(no login)

January 10 2005, 5:07 PM 

I'm going home now for lunch and I hope to find it in the mail!

Briel
(no login)

January 10 2005, 6:19 PM 

Dissapointment! I wonder why it made it to Europe before California? Oh well. At least I have something to look forward to later this week I guess.

Sue Smith
(no login)

January 10 2005, 7:05 PM 

Well, I guess I'll prolly be one of the last to get mine again (after the excruciating wait for Clear Channel). I'm in Australia this time, and I'd be surprised if it makes it here before next week. Bloody nomad lifestyle. :D

Sue Smith
(no login)

January 10 2005, 8:43 PM 

WOO HOO HOO!!!! Well, I went down to the letterbox, and there it was!! I can't believe it! Shoulda known that the minute I made that post I would get it.

... or maybe I knew that if I posted like that, it would arrive that day...
<cue evil music and eyebrow-raising>

Hee hee!!

Anonymous
(Login Unknown_Poster)

January 10 2005, 9:15 PM 

I ordered mine on the 4th, got auto conformation through straight away, and delivery conformation on the 5th. No sign here in the UK yet, but I'm sure it'll be here soon.

Anonymous
(Login Unknown_Poster)

January 12 2005, 1:27 PM 

Got it!

Briel
(no login)

January 12 2005, 6:19 PM 

Yay, I got it!

Julia
(Login Jules_Jay)

January 16 2005, 8:19 AM 

Yay! One of those lovely yellow packages we are all so fond of, awaited me too on my return to the UK from a week away with work.

I have weird ears – The first play through I was a bit disappointed with the level of background crowd chitter chat – but every time since I seem to be able to tune it out just fine .. except for Lesson Learned – but that deserves the kind of silence in which you can hear the proverbial pin drop anyway!

So what have we got ..Gone Dyin’ just when you think a song about death can’t get more upbeat .. go Justin! **loves the mandolin**, Karma Chameleon .. sorry folks – you know that thread – songs you think CoRo should cover? I always read that and just think "song I wish they would put to bed and never ever cover again"... eek – sounds harsh – no offence – the performance is spot on great of course, I just have a personal aversion to the song (maybe I need to be regressed and link it to some trauma in my past?!) – First heard it at Collectormania and it made me smile – cute, nice to have one more I could confidently sing along to – but now more often than not it suffers the skip button. Would have much preferred this was missed instead of Sit Down or Complex that’s for sure! But you can’t play for an audience of one (only in dreams!) True Hollywood Romance The don’t-need-to-think-about-it #1 top of my Ideal Setlist. Has the capability to make me grin from (weird)ear to (weird) ear – I had to google "Scott Pearson guilty" though - oh!! Ooooooookay. I’m so glad you helped fill in some visuals for my imagination at least watcher, re the middle of Party People – else I’d have been completely lost heehee! Indie Rockin’ Is it just me – but it seems to be able to double the energy in any room the day it drops from being a setlist regular better be a looooooooooong time from now! Loved hearing the new songs Day For A Day especially, which is now competing with THR for my widest grin.

Who am I kidding .. loved it all.. well all bar the one .. and special mention must go to Oklahoma.to.die.for

Counting down the days until I get to come to the Bitter End in person – still seems like a faraway dream at the moment – so I'll just listen to this over and over to help make the time pass.

watcher652
(no login)

January 16 2005, 5:28 PM 

Julia said -
I have weird ears – The first play through I was a bit disappointed with the level of background crowd chitter chat – but every time since I seem to be able to tune it out just fine ... except for Lesson Learned – but that deserves the kind of silence in which you can hear the proverbial pin drop anyway!

If you had been there, you would have been even more annoyed at the noise in the room. At least, I was. Lesson Learned is so much clearer on the CD.

Karma Chameleon .. sorry folks – you know that thread – songs you think CoRo should cover? I always read that and just think "song I wish they would put to bed and never ever cover again"... eek – sounds harsh – no offence – the performance is spot on great of course, I just have a personal aversion to the song (maybe I need to be regressed and link it to some trauma in my past?!)

I'm sorry it's not on your "favorites" list. I really like the way their voices harmonize on this song. I love their harmony, especially on slower songs.

I’m so glad you helped fill in some visuals for my imagination at least watcher, re the middle of Party People – else I’d have been completely lost heehee!

You're welcome. A lot of my pleasure listening to the CDs is "watching" the band in my mind's eye. Even if I didn't see that particular performance, which are most of them! Maybe it's my TV watching upbringing. I usually picture them on stage performing when I hear a CD. Except for the very rare song where I actually have a CR performance music video running thru my head.

Indie Rockin’ Is it just me – but it seems to be able to double the energy in any room the day it drops from being a setlist regular better be a looooooooooong time from now!

I feel that way about Everything Under the Sun. It always makes me smile with a warm feeling of "rightness" when I hear the first notes from Adam's harmonica and Eric's guitar.

Julia
(Login Jules_Jay)

January 16 2005, 6:08 PM 

@ watcher

If you had been there, you would have been even more annoyed at the noise in the room. At least, I was. Lesson Learned is so much clearer on the CD.

Really? That's too bad. Then I must hope at least for a Troubadour replay in April when we can be quiet as mice... ssssshhhhh.

I'm sorry it's not on your "favorites" list. I really like the way their voices harmonize on this song. I love their harmony, especially on slower songs.

God I know! - I feel like I've made an evil confession for which I should be flayed without mercy! - The harmonies are gorgeous ... it's just ... the song - I can't explain it perhaps hearing it live again can cure me !

and I think I caught your addiction - i just listened to Near Miss 8 times in a row!

watcher652
(no login)

January 16 2005, 7:14 PM 

Julia said

and I think I caught your addiction - i just listened to Near Miss 8 times in a row!

Welcome to the club! It's nice to know I'm not alone. I have a 50 minute drive to work and I've listened to Near Miss on repeat for at least half of the drive more than once.

I'm not obsessive. Really.

Sue Smith
(no login)

January 17 2005, 9:49 AM 

Glad it's not just me who puts some songs on repeat.

Just popped it into the CD while heading home. I must confess Karma Chameleon suffered the skip button in my car too. Though I KNOW it's a different experience live, it's crap for singing along in the car to. I canNOT pretend to myself that I can match those harmonies and I do NOT have the patience to listen to all of it without singing along.

Nothing wrong with the song, or the performance. Something wrong with me.

watcher652
(no login)

January 17 2005, 11:42 AM 

Hey, I sing off key, can't get the rhythm of the beat and have the remarkable ability of not being able to remember the lyrics to any song, even if I was the one who transcribed them. The car is the best place to sing along and screw up the words.

Mezzer
(no login)

January 17 2005, 3:53 PM 

Got mine too. I was singing along to Gone Dyin in my lunch break until someone said I sounded like I was dying. The talking is a bit annoying, but the howling is great, was there a full moon that night?

watcher652
(no login)

January 17 2005, 5:52 PM 

Oh, please, don't remind me about the howling. I was standing next to the guy who was doing it. Not only did he howl right in my ear, he was messing up my tape of the show. Along with the guy who kept pounding the table I had my recorder on.

I'm all for folks enjoying the music in their own way, but really, I want to hear the music, not the audience. A constant low murmur is nice for a live show, talking between songs is fine, shouts of recognition at the start of a song always welcome, exclamations during pauses in a song expected, howling in my ear is a pain. (Boy, that sounds pretty surly doesn't it? I'm sure the guy really appreciated the band.)

That's another reason why I'm so grateful for the CD.

Sue Smith
(no login)

January 18 2005, 3:30 AM 

This is something that's vexing me... my recordings of the Q&As from Collectormania are dominated by the sound of MY laughter and some of MY comments during the talks. Which is okay I guess, but I can't help but think if I get a noisy bloke next to me or someone who howls along to the songs, I'm not going to be very impressed with my recordings at the upcoming gigs. Then of course, there's ME to contend with as well.

Where IS the best place to place your mp3 recorder at these gigs?

(Login Fiorina)

January 18 2005, 1:48 PM 

Where IS the best place to place your mp3 recorder at these gigs?

Jess and I put the tape-recorder at the Collectormania- and the Troubadour-Gig last year right in front of us on the stage. Then we made a step back so that our own singin wouldn`t be that loud on the tape. It worked fine!

www.commonrotation.de

trulla
(no login)

January 18 2005, 2:20 PM 

Then we made a step back so that our own singin wouldn`t be that loud on the tape. It worked fine!

**cough** more or less **cough**

(Login Jess.)

January 18 2005, 6:22 PM 

yeah, but at least noone knew it was us, until now :D

tape recorder on stage.. thats the way we did it, but I think there is no perfect recipe for "how to audiotape a CoRo gig". If you put your recorder to close to the monitor it's getting fuzzy. If you are to far away you will almost hear nothing in the end (like when I tried to tape "Kane"). If I remember it corectly then it was Fiorina who told me that Adam told her, that they recorded their show from the opposite site of the stage.

I think you should try it in different ways to find out what's the best. Or if some of your friends could tape the same gig from a different place in the room, you can check later which recording the best is.

Anonymous
(Login Unknown_Poster)

January 18 2005, 11:44 PM 

Jess, was it the White Room gig you tried to tape Kane, or the Garare gig?

(Login Jess.)

January 19 2005, 3:55 AM 

I haven't been to the garage. And no, not the white room. I tried "Senor partners" a year ago, but as said before. You can hear nothing. You can't even imagine which song they where playing (too bad, because I really wanted to get "More than I deserve" audio )

(Login Jess.)

January 19 2005, 4:06 AM 

oopss.. the "i" slipped away...

it was "senior" not "senor" (unless you speak spanish)

Anonymous
(Login Unknown_Poster)

January 19 2005, 4:38 AM 

Going slightly OT with regards to Kane now, but I thought I'd mention it anyway:

Jess, you should check out the Kane website. It's been updated today with quite a bit of information, most interestingly the fact that they have signed a deal with EMI Publishing!

Back on track: Does anyone else get a small sound gap near the beginning of Gone Dyin?

(Login Jess.)

January 19 2005, 9:54 AM 

I've heared about the EMI deal, it's great. But I didn't had time to check the website yet.

/end of off-topic

watcher652
(no login)

January 19 2005, 11:22 AM 

Anonymous asked:
Back on track: Does anyone else get a small sound gap near the beginning of Gone Dyin?

No, but I have one in Given Signs.

Anonymous
(Login Unknown_Poster)

January 19 2005, 11:27 AM 

That's what I meant. That'll teach me to try and post from memory, rather than checking!

They both begin with G, so I'm not THAT bad.

(Login korearian)

January 19 2005, 12:36 PM 

i feel better knowing that gap's on all of the cds so i don't have to take out the postal service tonya harding style. a little disappointed it's during "given signs" but it's all gravy.

-- -- -- --
Who the f*ck does this Strasberg guy think he is? - Edward Albee

watcher652
(no login)

January 19 2005, 12:46 PM 

Oh, you have it too, Karen? Damn, no sense in getting another one then. I thought it was just a random glitch.

(Login korearian)

January 19 2005, 2:46 PM 

Yeah, I emailed Matt about it and that's what he told me.

-- -- -- --

jayden
(no login)

January 20 2005, 2:57 PM 

um, i have no gap unless you consider it to be a split second. otherwise it's just very quiet, and i crank it and there's no gap. hmm.

Karen
(no login)

January 20 2005, 8:21 PM 

that would be the "gap."

jayden
(no login)

January 20 2005, 10:40 PM 

the volume being down low is a gap? uh, ok then!

Karen
(no login)

January 20 2005, 10:54 PM 

listening to it, it comes off as a split second of silence. smart ass.

Anonymous
(Login Unknown_Poster)

January 21 2005, 1:50 AM 

Mine's a two second gap, from between 1:21 and 1:23. And it's not a just 'missing sound' and continuing, either. The song stops for those two seconds, and starts from where it's left off.

watcher652
(no login)

January 21 2005, 3:09 AM 

Thanks, Anon. Same with me.

Sue Smith
(no login)

January 21 2005, 5:21 AM 

I haven't noticed that.

Anonymous
(Login Unknown_Poster)

January 21 2005, 5:45 AM 

Sue, can you check to see if you definitley have the gap? It'd be nice to know for sure if everyone has it, because I think if some copies do not have the gap then those who do have it should get a new copy free of charge. I know I personally wouldn't like to have a defective CD when I know there are perfectly fine copies out there.

Julia
(no login)

January 21 2005, 8:15 AM 

Oh I bet it's there ,but I didn't even notice it on mine until I read this thread But tiny glitches, crowd noise and howling aside

I LOVE LIVE AT THE BITTER END VOLUME 2!!

I can't help but feel insanely grateful and lucky to get a new live disc .. take my money please - it's yours

Still on constant play one week later .. but I've switched my repeat track today to Savior

..don't fight it.

jayden
(no login)

January 21 2005, 8:35 AM 

well, hot damn, there is a gap there. the reason i didn't notice or think one is present is that my computer's a little on the slow side, so it lags which essentially causes songs to stop and start up in parts like that.

anyway, Anon, Matt said all the CD's are like that. since plenty of people haven't noticed it, i don't think it's a big deal. we're not missing any of the song, after all.

it is a good CD, though. i was impressed that i got it so quickly as well. my favourite part is probably the intro for "savior"...

(Login korearian)

January 21 2005, 10:51 AM 

wow i really am invisible. but hey glad people listen when somebody else says it what i said.

(Login korearian)

January 21 2005, 11:03 AM 

.....that wasn't meant to be mean. honest.

watcher652
(no login)

January 21 2005, 12:12 PM 

Among all the UM versions of Given Signs we do have this

280. Given Signs (live Hotel Café trk 1) November 29, 2004 (2993 kb) 5:02

There's barely any background noise on this version. And it was recorded just a couple weeks after The Bitter End.

Maybe we could have Given Signs from The Bitter End as a UM.

And what about the two missing songs from The Bitter End - More Complex and Sit Down? How about making UMs with those, too? (I'm just so greedy).

I love this CD. It was way cool we got it so soon after the performance.

Mezzer
(no login)

January 21 2005, 3:55 PM 

Savior is my favourite track at the moment too. I love the Life is a Rollercoaster bit. Are there any UM's of the Rosa Parks version?

All this talk of gaps reminds me of Adam's Undergound T shirt, & yes I have a gap too.

(Login korearian)

January 21 2005, 4:24 PM 

Since I had really wanted to hear Given Signs live when I went to the Bitter End since I never had before so I was excited, I am a little bummed that there is a "gap"/slight audio malfuction during the song but it's not like there aren't any other versions available to tie me over.

And I agree, it would have been awesome to have More Complex on the cd but it's understandable that it isn't.

-- -- -- --

Anonymous
(no login)

January 21 2005, 4:25 PM 

Are there any UM's of the Rosa Parks version?

CoRo.de have a 2002 audio file from 14 Below show here

I could have sworn I had another.. but am no doubt confused!

(Login korearian)

January 21 2005, 5:46 PM 

i think the version with Rosa Parks at MR03 was recorded?

Jess
(no login)

January 21 2005, 6:04 PM 

*i think the version with Rosa Parks at MR03 was recorded?*

Yes it was...

we're hosting it for All night rave. You can download it here

Mezzer
(no login)

January 21 2005, 6:28 PM 

Thanks guys, the MR version is amazing. Jess you have all sorts of goodies tucked away on your site!

(Login TB1479)

Heh...

January 21 2005, 11:53 PM 

Ok I may need to get that just to hear the boys sing, "Karma Chameleon."

Now they just need to record "Borderline".

And I really need to catch up on my cd purchasing. I'm behind by like 6 cds. Gah!

*wibble*

TB

Adam's Biggest Fan
ABC #1-Founder and Official Geek
ABC Version 1.0 Retro Adam
West Coast So Cal Common Ro Pimp
"Don't don't don't let's start this is the worst part. To believe for all the world, that you're my precious little girl. Don't don't don't let's start, I've got a weak heart. I can't get around how you get around."-"Don't Let's Start", They Might Be Giants covered by Common Rotation-
"It's not the size of the mic it's the length of the song."-"Rockstar", Common Rotation-
"What was so delicately touching was she recalled that I preferred it red."-"Burgandy", Common Rotation-officially honored with retirement Sunday March 9th-*sob sob*
"I'm not a poet, nor a prophet though I dream from time to time. I'm an artist of illusion and I sketch a strange design.. So don't pay me with respect, just pay me with attention."-"Did A Verse End?", Common Rotation-
"When I was younger I used to get angry at all the girls. Now that I'm older, I just get angry at the world."-"Oklahoma", Common Rotation-
"You see, we don't solve your problems here, we just work our way around."-"Offstage Lines"-Common Rotation-

(Login CRoFan28)

January 21 2005, 11:59 PM 

She lives! =O

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
The Union Maid
*boop*

(Login Jess.)

January 22 2005, 2:46 AM 

well... there is a "borderline" audio.. but I have absolutly no idea which date this is (scroll down to "various" it's the first track listed below "pop song"

(Login TB1479)

*snicker*

January 22 2005, 1:39 PM 

Stef-yes rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated. I've been immersing myself in the West Wing fandom, specifically J/D. But then again, you knew that

Jess-thank you hun. I do have a CRUM of it somewhere and I just dled 252 new CRUMS so there should be one hiding in there

*squee!*

TB

Adam's Biggest Fan
ABC #1-Founder and Official Geek
ABC Version 1.0 Retro Adam
West Coast So Cal Common Ro Pimp
"Don't don't don't let's start this is the worst part. To believe for all the world, that you're my precious little girl. Don't don't don't let's start, I've got a weak heart. I can't get around how you get around."-"Don't Let's Start", They Might Be Giants covered by Common Rotation-
"It's not the size of the mic it's the length of the song."-"Rockstar", Common Rotation-
"What was so delicately touching was she recalled that I preferred it red."-"Burgandy", Common Rotation-officially honored with retirement Sunday March 9th-*sob sob*
"I'm not a poet, nor a prophet though I dream from time to time. I'm an artist of illusion and I sketch a strange design.. So don't pay me with respect, just pay me with attention."-"Did A Verse End?", Common Rotation-
"When I was younger I used to get angry at all the girls. Now that I'm older, I just get angry at the world."-"Oklahoma", Common Rotation-
"You see, we don't solve your problems here, we just work our way around."-"Offstage Lines"-Common Rotation-

Purple Magnetism

Current Topic - Live @ The Bitter End Volume 2  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.