REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  

given signs: lyrics archive.

February 2 2005 at 3:16 PM
  (Login unexplainedrobot)

okay okay, it's time I finally let everyone in on this one.

I've been working on this for...erm...4 months now. not that it shows 4 months of work, but you must give me a break because I moved countries (australia-u.s.) in december and then cities in january. so I've been busy and not had a lot of time. and also, sometimes I'm lazy.

so it's called 'given signs: the unofficial common rotation lyrics archive'. it's much more than a lyrics site, oh yes. it's an ARCHIVE. for more information go to:

http://givensigns.unexplainedrobot.org

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Briel)

Re: given signs: lyrics archive.

February 2 2005, 4:30 PM 

Cool, I'll have to check that out.

Whose picture is that in the header?

watcher652
(no login)

February 2 2005, 6:01 PM 

Wow, congratulations on your major effort.

Are you going to take the lyrics from this board or do they need to be separately submitted? My lyric transcriptions are always wrong, sometimes laughingly so, but there are very few who post corrections. I do try my best, though.

I actually keep the multiple UM versions of the songs I do. The one time I printed my lyrics list, it was 68 pages, 2 columns per page, Verdana 8pt.

Um, yeah, I do have a lyrics list. I started with Jess's site and added on from that.

I'm just now realizing that I have an obssesive personality. I need to be medicated...

Jo Ann
(no login)

February 2 2005, 9:17 PM 

Very nice. It sure helps when all I can understand is a word here and there.

And, if I might add my two cents, in "About Common Rotation", Eric does some dancing too, you know. See this clip as proof.

Peace Love and Cheese

Gamiila
(Login Gamiila)

February 3 2005, 10:22 AM 

Bree, that's brilliant. Thanks!

Kelly
(no login)

February 3 2005, 2:46 PM 

OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!

That is like the best site ever!!!

watcher652
(no login)

February 3 2005, 4:20 PM 

I forgot to say thanks for chosing one of my favorite songs as the name for your web site. If I could ever have a site of my own, I would call it Near Miss, because I sure don't get the lyrics right!

jayden
(no login)

February 3 2005, 5:53 PM 

bree - very cool. would you mind corrections to lyrics being e-mailed to you? i've gotten pretty good at figuring them out.

bree
(Login unexplainedrobot)

February 3 2005, 6:14 PM 

if anyone wants to help contribute or mail corrections, there is an e-mail link at the bottom of every set of lyrics. just be sure, if you're correcting, that you're correcting for THAT SPECIFIC recording. that is, after all, the point of the archive.

thanks for the comments everyone, it helps me feel like it hasn't been a complete waste of time.

(Login unexplainedrobot)

February 3 2005, 6:15 PM 

also, watcher, I spent literally DAYS trying to decide whether to call it given signs or near miss. !!

watcher652
(no login)

February 3 2005, 7:16 PM 

Haha, then I claim Near Miss for myself!

Julia
(no login)

February 4 2005, 4:08 AM 

Very nice looking site Bree! ..congrats The interactive link for corrections/comments is a great feature

.. my CoRo bookmarks folder is getting to be the longest list I have

(Login unexplainedrobot)

February 9 2005, 7:34 PM 

slightly updated. looks nicer.

just fyi.

Current Topic - given signs: lyrics archive.  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.