REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  

Newark, DE - Fri, Feb 10, 2006

February 10 2006 at 1:12 AM
watcher652  (no login)

Friday, February 10, 2006
Joey's Ark
17 Choate Street
Newark, DE 19714
10:00PM

Just starting a separate thread for the show in anticipation of some reporting.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
watcher652
(no login)

Re: Newark, DE - Fri, Feb 10, 2006

February 10 2006, 1:14 AM 

Given the late time of the show, does anyone want to get a bite to eat beforehand? There are lots of places to go to since the location is right in the middle of Newark.

watcher652
(no login)

February 11 2006, 5:04 AM 

First things first.

Hmm, I'm a hockey puck?

In addition, Indie Rockin' was performed after Party, and Afterthoughts was the encore song. For the 2nd encore song (thanks, guys!), it was a song with the chorus of "Someday we'll meet again, sweetheart."

"Joey's Ark" is actually the same place the band performed for the Living Room tour. No light in the room except for a floor lamp opposite the band so I managed just a handful of very dark photos. Most of them are very blurry because someone is always moving.

Here's the best one, brightened and cropped.

For such sort notice, it was quite a crowd. At least 50 people showed up. I only saw 2 people I knew, Allison and Rachel, although there were a couple of people, like Aaron, who remembered me from other shows.

The show was the usual energetic performance and the crowd was enthusiastic. Still dancing and partying when I left about an hour after the end of the show.

I hope the band doesn't have any problems getting to their next show in Williamsburg VA. Snow is in the forecast although the exact arrival time is still up in the air.

More when I'm awake.

Julia
(no login)

February 11 2006, 7:31 AM 

huzzah - report ! Hah go you thief! .. thanks ever so watcher. Great to hear of the crowd ... looks like it would have been cozy ...and the parrrtay and see that wonderful line up of songs again.

Nai
(no login)

February 11 2006, 9:47 AM 

Thats great Watcher, thanks

Jo Ann
(no login)

February 11 2006, 12:30 PM 

Thanks for the pre-report and pic!

So, this was actually a living room show? I wonder if the New Paltz one is also a living room considering the contact number has the same area code as the Newark show. Hmmm, maybe it would help if I just called it and found out the info than just posting up here.

And did anyone find out if the Iron Horse gig is still on? Mind you, I wasn't going in the first place, I'm just curious.

Peace Love and Cheese

Anonymous
(no login)

February 11 2006, 12:53 PM 

www.iheg.com says it's cancelled and that is the website for the venue in Northampton

b
(no login)

February 11 2006, 1:10 PM 

wow, look at adam's hair. haha

thanks for the report.

watcher652
(no login)

February 11 2006, 3:56 PM 

Adam's hair - yeah. That photo was taken near the end of the show. He kinda ran his hands thru his hair starting at the back and going up and it just stuck.

On thing about the band, they certainly don't have any problems growing hair! Jordan still has his heavy beard.

Before the band played, Pat Noble warmed up the crowd. Here's a photo where I got to use a flash.

After the show, I passed out these flyers I made using a photo I took from the last show.

I'm not good with graphics, talking is more my thing, so it kinda sucks. It took me forever to figure out how to put the text in! But a couple of people said they were going to put in their scrapbooks, so I felt good about that.

It's snowing now in the Philadelphia area. I hope the band left earlier. It's only supposed to be raining in Williamsburg, so I hope the have a good turn out.

watcher652 and Jessie
(no login)

February 11 2006, 9:51 PM 

A few more photos.

It's just slightly easier to get a photo of Jordan since he actually stands still sometimes as he waits to come into a song.

watcher652
(no login)

February 11 2006, 9:56 PM 

Uh, Jessie has nothing to do with that last post. Her name was still in the drop down box from when we did a joint post and somehow it got selected. Sorry about that.

Darrell Wright
(Login thinksql)

Show

February 11 2006, 11:10 PM 

Good job with the photos. Those dark living room shows are difficult to photograph. Thanks for sharing!

Jessie
(Login fadingstarlite)

February 12 2006, 8:25 AM 

Damn, I was gonna say. I must have had so much fun that I forgot I went, Watcher.

Nice pictures as usual though.

Terrie
(no login)

February 12 2006, 7:50 PM 

Nice pics wish I had been there

watcher652
(no login)

February 12 2006, 11:17 PM 

Another photo. I didn't see Jordan looking my way. I was just hoping to get something that wasn't blurry.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Forum  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
REGISTRATION/LOGIN IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST OR READ. ALL THREADS ARE MONITORED. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL WILL BE REMOVED.