The QBasic / QB64 Discussion Forum      Other Subforums, Links and Downloads

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • i could but...
    • (no login)
      Posted Jul 19, 2009 1:16 PM

the only reason i use A$ and A is to direct the program where to go once it hits a CHAIN command.

for example: in the main menu mod, if you pick C (covert ops), it will CHAIN you to the covertop mod. once that mod starts, it it uses A$ (your last entry) to determine what area of the covertop mod it will start at. this is because several main menu options lead to the same mod. the covert op mod contains the covert ops and the enact policies area.

i didnt put them with the saved game variables file because in some cases, like the instructions, retrieving the saved game files isnt nessessary and would only make the program unnessessarily longer (which it is already)

i also didnt know that brun45.exe is required to use CHAIN. i use qb7.1 does this mean i would have to include a copy of brun45 if someone wants to play the compiled version of this game? i have compiled 3 of the mods before and ran the game without any problems.

one more thing.....any game related issues i should know about or any comments on the current gameplay?
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Newbies usually go to www.qbasic.com and click on The QBasic Forum
    Forum regulars have their own ways, which include The QBasic Community Forums