QB / QB64 Discussion Forum      Other Subforums, Links and Downloads      Archived Pascal Resources    Search

Have a computer related question we don't have a forum for? Try asking it here.

Message TitleAuthor and Date
how to tell if your iso is hybrid and what to do if it isnteasylangs on Nov 10
Wanted to move Puppy Linux from a CD to a USB drive. Question...Pete on Nov 3
 Re: Wanted to move Puppy Linux from a CD to a USB drive. Question...easylangs on Nov 4
  pygameeasylangs on Nov 4
the gnu general public license -- version 3, 29 june 2007easylangs on Oct 30
*easylangs on Oct 30
ansicon is probably the simplest tool for gaining ansi support in windowseasylangs on Oct 29
 a download link would be a good idea... (url)easylangs on Oct 29
welcome to the non-qb subforumeasylangs on Oct 29
smallbasic exampleeasylangs on Aug 18
"wifi modem" lets you connect to wireless network from 8-bit computerseasylangs on Aug 16
hey, look what language its usingeasylangs on Aug 15
Not a joke in the least: please help Ted find an image host that doesn't suckAnonymous on Jul 23
 I recommend he use Loeself...Pete on Jul 24
 vgy.meSMcNeill on Jul 24
  * thanks steveAnonymous on Jul 24
  Great but what happens to all of the images posted to sites already?WTF on Jul 24
   * Did it ever dawn on you that most tech co's are run by demoncraps?Pete on Jul 24
    Did it ever dawn on you that this crap site is next? *WTF DUH on Jul 24
     * Remember, you are the guy who posts "The sky is falling" and now you believe it, too!Pete on Jul 24
Is anybody using IPv6 yet?Simmons on Jul 12
 * Your question probably didn't make it through their IPv4 NAT routersAnonymous on Jul 23
Windows 10's console host now supports ANSI/VT100 escape sequences?!Anonymous on Jul 9
 Re: Windows 10's console host now supports ANSI/VT100 escape sequences?!Michael Calkins on Jul 9
  a lack of ansi support is the only thing that makes fig a pain to install for windowsmn on Jul 10
Serial port WiFi modem for retro computingAnonymous on Jul 1
Some thoughts on what a desktop OS should have.Michael Calkins on Jul 1
 Re: Some thoughts on what a desktop OS should have.Michael Calkins on Jul 2
I'd like one of you more computer savvy people to try Temple OSSimmons on Jun 25
 *You're silly to even suggest it.Anonymous on Jun 25
  *uh, so, no?Simmons on Jun 25
   *Probably easier to just use BSD.(*Probably*) on Jun 25
 * Skimmed the blog/gateway page; amazing feat, but the page content turns my stomachAnonymous on Jun 27
  Yeah, he's definitely nutsSimmons on Jun 28
   I think I can explain some of itAnonymous on Jun 28
   *So no security at all. A bug in any program can crash the whole system.Michael Calkins on Jun 29
    *That article I posted below actually mentions thisSimmons on Jun 30
 a fair number of spree shooters have conditions like that.Michael Calkins on Jun 29
  most people who are like that arent really dangerous thoughAnonymous on Jun 29
   *the story of bobby fischer is interestingAnonymous on Jun 29
 This is interesting. A blog of someone porting third party software to TempleOSSimmons on Jun 30
  *There is an example of a language and an OS being developed together: C and Unix.Michael Calkins on Jul 2
 If you have an interest in obscure or non-mainstream OSes...Michael Calkins on Jun 30
  I'll try a few of theseSimmons on Jul 1
   Re: I'll try a few of these (1PS)Michael Calkins on Jul 2
    * Gary Kildall, not KindallMichael Calkins on Jul 8
    Sigh... (correction about peter norton)Michael Calkins on Jul 11
     it was exactly like this:mn on Jul 11
  * also HelenOS, another microkernel.Michael Calkins on Jul 8
  2 more microkernels.Michael Calkins on Aug 21
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on emulatorsSimmons on May 23
 *Looks like processor speed is an issue. No way to slow it down in a VMSimmons on May 23
  Ctrl+F11 to slow it down in DOSBox.Michael Calkins on May 23
accessing big file systemsMichael Calkins on May 21
 *Are you booting from the external HD?Simmons on May 22
  *No. Booting WinXP from internal HDD. Booting Slax from internal DVD drive.Michael Calkins on May 22
   *Can't you just format it in something a little more manageable?Simmons on May 22
    *I don't know. Maybe a big sector size. It's not just the format, but the partition table.Michael Calkins on May 22
Patch for unsupported Windows XP and Windows 8 to help defend against ransomware attackClippy on May 15
 *Thanks for this.Michael Calkins on May 15
ReactOSAnonymous on May 4
 Cool!Simmons on May 5
in defense of smaller (in keyword) dialectsmn on Mar 15
new programmable legos (for younger kids than the usual ones)mn on Mar 14
* Clippy is available in Google Chrome (URL)Anonymous on Mar 5
 shucks, weve had him on the forum for years. also for vi:mn on Mar 5
  * Clippy available in Google Chrome, sure, but ours is available in antique ass.Pete on Mar 9
   *polished worked too. but this works!mn on Mar 9
    * Yeah. In the end, the age factor won out!Pete on Mar 10
 Intel say it ain't so...Clippy on Mar 10
"synthesis programming" - microsoft has invented virtual recyclingmn on Mar 5
 * Hey, it looks like you're trying to create a crappy piece of bloatware! Can I help?Not really MicroSoft's Research Division on Mar 5
myths about computer science-- computer science is all about mathmn on Mar 5
 *math definitely helps, especially with proof and "theory of computation"mn on Mar 5
A language to build other languagesSimmons on Feb 27
 its more about "features" than "looks"mn on Feb 27
  or as myst once said (correctly imo) its about bindings...mn on Feb 27
   I think the mountain of libraries is the ticket.Simmons on Feb 28
    i think youve more or less got the ideamn on Mar 1
     If this could remotely work, here is where the insanity startsSimmons on Mar 1
      *youve been reading that story about the "hello world" of machine learning is writing xor?mn on Mar 1
       *No, what is that about?Simmons on Mar 1
        having machine learning write its own code is the next "thing" i guessmn on Mar 1
         *Now that you mention it, I think I did read something about that in SciAmSimmons on Mar 2
 yacc/bison is such a languageAnonymous on Feb 28
  *Are there any main stream examples that use this?Simmons on Feb 28
  there are lots of existing tools to create a parser (for c, python, java, js-- even php)mn on Mar 1
 CMake is another one, though it's not necessarily what you meant.Anonymous on Mar 3
  *yeah, im pretty sure *make isnt related. its a good tool though-- saved me some hasslesmn on Mar 3
  *then again, many config tools are destined to become turing complete, so you never knowmn on Mar 3

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 

Next >>

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement