QB / QB64 Discussion Forum      Other Subforums, Links and Downloads      Archived Pascal Resources    Search

Re: Help wanted HTML programmers to fix FreeBasic.net site. Help, we're stuck in a loop!

by Laanan Fisher (no login)

:: My guess is that this is there way of blocking my IP address after I checked with a friend. I can hack my way in OK but I never post on that site, so WHOGAS?

Because that makes total sense: block your IP by forcing you to overload the server. Since you don't GAS, I guess telling you to email the site admin rather than posting dangerous html won't do any good.

In any case, I seriously doubt your IP would be blacklisted unless you're doing something exteremely detrimental. We've had a handful of people in the last years post incredibly rude and hateful things, none of which have been blocked afaik (including mennonite). The last incident caused the Off-Topic forum to be deleted (freebasic.net is a support site, after all) and still no IPs were blocked afaik.

You may be blocked if you're, for example, trying to vandalize the FBWiki (they are on the same server).

Posted on Sep 24, 2007, 12:21 PM

Respond to this message   

Return to Index

Response TitleAuthor and Date
More than one person checked that day. on Sep 24
 No Myst, the 'bug' isn't fixed. Besides, to me it's not a bug, it's a feature!Pete on Sep 24
 Re: More than one person checked that day.Laanan Fisher on Sep 24
  I don't hate FB, it supplies a lot of my comedy material...Pete on Sep 25
   PCOPY in text-mode (SCREEN 0)Laanan Fisher on Sep 27
    Sure, but why wasn't that added a long time ago when it was requested?Pete on Sep 27
     Re: Sure, but why wasn't that added a long time ago when it was requested?Laanan Fisher on Sep 27
      You could work on your originality by typing in your own titles...Pete on Sep 27
       Re: You could work on your originality by typing in your own titles...Laanan Fisher on Sep 27
        Or you could just go on being unoriginal and use the 'Re' feature...Pete on Sep 29
         Re: Or you could just go on being unoriginal and use the 'Re' feature...Laanan Fisher on Sep 29
          Did someone leave the stove on, 'cause I smell something burning...Pete on Sep 30

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement