Return to Index  

I patched, too

February 17 2003 at 3:07 PM
Carbon  (Login Carbon_Copy)
from IP address 65.201.194.166

Response to Bioware Goes To Hell

Interesting...I just got around to sucking down that 17.8 MB patch this past night (I figure since my computer can actually play NWN now I might as well try for all those caster classes I was unable to play before). To be honest, I wasn't aware of a NWN expansion until I saw the splash screen. I didn't find it obtrusive, and honestly, if there is anything that Bioware has a history of doing, it's using their current games to promote their future games. All throughout the Baldur's Gate series, there have been references and allusions to Neverwinter Nights (even in the original Baldur's gate back in 1998, remember Lord Foreshadow outside Nashkel?). This splash screen is just par for the course.

That being said, Derek French must have been in an extremely grumpy mood that day, because from my experience lurking in the pre-release NWN message boards, Bioware is typically one of the most friendly and open companies as far as their official forums are concerned, and I wouldn't have expected something like that from them. I don't know what to make of it but I hope that stuff like this is not what we will come to expect out of Bioware, I've still got faith in them to maintain good relations with their fans.

So far I've been having fun with NWN again, I downloaded the rest of the Penultima modules that hadn't been released when I stopped playing and got all the Penultima Rerolled modules out so far, plus a few other ones that were near the top of the NWVault ranking list. Sorcerors are fun when your computer is fast enough to allow you to do things like see what is happening in combat and zoom out beyond the area immediately around your character, but it's still a lot harder than what I've been used to with my Ftr14/Bar2 from the official campaign who could simply kill everything on autopilot without any intervention from me.

-CC

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

(reserved) Other Quick Links - FAQ, History, etc..