Return to Index  

Shadows of Undertide.

June 16 2003 at 8:56 PM
  (Login Roland *The Gunslinger*)
from IP address 66.189.10.41

Response to Shadows Gold ... Anyone Here?

Hits store shelves June 18/th / 19th. Retail price of $29.99.

Not sure if I'll be getting it or not, at least initially. Originally, I had no intentions of getting it, until it hit the bargain bin (and even then). However, recent talk around here (HA!) has gotten me curious about NWN again, and has even sparked me to download (and re-download, for updates) a slew of NWN modules. I still have a bunch stored on my HD (well over 700 MB all told, including Modules and HAK Packs), and I haven't tried more than a handful of them. However, I think it WOULD be nice to start playing again, if it's coop play. SP NWN just isn't as fun as MP, for the most part, and if I wanted to play an SP RPG game, I'd play Morrowind.

Having said that, I think it would be nice to have something similar to what we had before: i.e. a Persistent World setup, that acted as a gateway to other modules. Personally, I think we should make a real Persistent World, for our own private use. However, that is a VERY large undertaking, and I wonder if anyone here has the time, not to mention the skills, to devote to the development and maintanence of such an endeavor. Myself, I'd love to be able to work on a project (provided I could find the time, of course), but I lack any sort of NWN modding skills (as the past will show :P).

In any case, if we're ever going to do anything with NWN, we ought to get some discussion going, no? This forum is a ghost town, and even though my NWN interest is sketchy at best, I wouldn't mind discussion about it, at least. Anything's better than the official boards. :P

I think one big problem, for ALL RB games, is the lack of support, particularly on the website. Not that I'm complaining, as I know it takes a lot of time and energy to maintain a website (particularly one devoted to multiple games); I'm just pointing out an observation. Our previous NWN endeavors suffered from a lack of coordination, communication, and overall support. If we're ever to resurrect interest, these issues will need to be addressed first. Wouldn't you agree?

Anyway, I'm just laying down my thoughts, on NWN and our NWN community. I would like to open up discussion again, but it seems people have their interest elsewhere (which is understandable; I'm no different). Hopefully the pace will pick up in time.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Shadows is out. - Roland *The Gunslinger* on Jun 19, 4:48 PM
    1. Undecided right now... - Ozymandous on Jun 19, 5:50 PM
    2. I will get it ... - Quark on Jun 19, 6:14 PM
    3. Nit ;) - Layil on Jun 21, 4:46 PM
    4. Waiting a bit - FoxBat on Jun 21, 10:15 PM
      1. Bioware or Atari? - Ozymandous on Jun 22, 6:02 PM
        1. Mainly Infogrames ... - Quark on Jun 22, 10:33 PM
          1. From what I have seen of IG... - Ozymandous on Jun 24, 4:44 AM
            1. Update - FoxBat on Jun 25, 9:17 PM
              1. A fresh coat of paint... - Ozymandous on Jun 26, 6:10 AM
    5. I will - Vek on Jun 23, 4:03 PM
    6. It's in the queue - Carbon on Jun 24, 11:48 PM
    7. Thoughts - FoxBat on Jun 30, 9:32 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

(reserved) Other Quick Links - FAQ, History, etc..