<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bad 1980's Movie about a Girls Private School

January 1 2006 at 6:04 AM
  (Login scalias)

Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about a movie I saw ~20 years ago (late 80's). It was so horrible that it was unforgettable. I saw it on pay TV so it may have been a made for TV or straight to video movie.

Plot Summary: two sisters are sent to a girl's private school. I can't remember if they were twins. They were opposites of each other in every aspect. At school, they encountered the usual suspects from any kind of girls school movie. The movie started as a comedy. I recall there being a cute Asian American actress that wore a hat that would throw out bon mots. She quipped about another student, "We're keep meaning to get her spayed." I recall something about a important tennis match too. I recall a scene where one sister meets her new roommate (a shapely blonde) who is stretching while topless.

Anyway, the plot took a weird twist. It turns out the principal was videotaping the girls in their rooms and the showers. Somehow the girls found out and they set up the principal. Basically, the principal was going to pimp out the girls to some rich old men. This plot device allowed for the fractured student body and sisters to come together for the purpose of defeating the evil principal. The principal was a handsome blonde man and I think he had a European accent of some sort. He was a voyeur & would watch the sex-capades on a closed circuit system in his office. The students turned the tables on the principal and killed (or pretended to kill) the johns because they knew he was watching. I remember a scene where one girl was about to sleep with an older man but when he took off his shirt, he had the hairiest back you ever saw. It caused the girl to have uncontrollable vomiting. It was all very strange.

My inability to remember the title is driving me crazy. I would like to look it up on IMDB to see the cast.

TIA,

Scalias

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login sadowsmd)

Re: Bad 1980's Movie about a Girls Private School

January 2 2006, 2:25 AM 

Ross: This can't be happening! My girlfriend and my lesbian ex-wife are spending way too much time together.

Joey: So?

Ross: So?! Something is gonna happen. They're always hanging out. Always eating together, always working out together, always going to the sauna together! I mean, didn't you see 'Personal Best'?

Joey: No, but I'm gonna!!

Respond to this message   

(Login scalias)

January 2 2006, 2:45 AM 

Bit of a non-sequitur including the Friends quote & reference to that classic Mariel Hemingway movie. The scene I remember from Personal Best is Muriel Hemingway vomiting while naked in the showers.

Someone must have seen this movie. It was so bad. What was the name of that redneck that used to do movie reviews in the 80's. Billy Bob or Joe Bob or Bubba or something. Does that guy have a website with archived reviews from the 80's.

This is driving me crazy.

Respond to this message   

(Login sadowsmd)

January 2 2006, 2:51 AM 

I just got in from driving 14 straight hours, so the 'Friends' reference was more amusing in my head (and the first thing that came to me when I was trying to figure out the flick). I'll get back to you tomorrow with the answer.

Oh, you're thinking of Joe Bob Briggs

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

January 2 2006, 3:24 AM 

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Very Impressive...

January 2 2006, 5:12 AM 

Pretty Smart is the movie. Did you remember that movie from my description or did you have to research it?

Actually, it has an impressive cast that I forgot about - Tricia Leigh Fisher plays one of the two sisters, Patricia Arquette has 3rd billing, and Joely Fisher has a role.

Thank you very much.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Very Impressive...

January 7 2006, 3:43 AM 

It was all research... I love a good challenge.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

I' ve been describing for years

July 17 2011, 2:05 AM 

I've been thinking of this for years. I didn't remember the girls were sisters...all I could remember iss the principal's name was Crawlee.I'm so happy I'm not the only one who couldn't remember.

Respond to this message   
Mr. Ambulance Driver
(no login)

July 17 2011, 3:37 PM 

Kickboxer XVII?

Respond to this message   

Marney
(Login Marneyman)

July 20 2011, 8:28 PM 

Is that the one with all of the kickboxing?

Eh.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Bad 1980's Movie about a Girls Private School
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index